The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Fantasy Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
DENVERDUI55

Default Auction Draft advice

Ok guys I'm doing my first auction draft this year. Are there any tips or advice that any of you fantasy guru's could give me?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Get guys you want and have history of preforming. Then hold out till the end and grab a steal.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

dont blow your wad early. you dont need rodgers, foster, peterson that bad. balance is key i'd rather 3 $20 guys at 3 diff spots than 1 $60 guy out of my $100

oh and dont spend more than $1 on kicker and defense

Last edited by bfoflcommish; 07-19-2013 at 02:07 PM..
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
DENVERDUI55

Thanks guys this will be my first one and I'll see how it goes.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

It is all about moneyball. There is a sweetspot for each position in terms of value - typically you are better off getting WRs and TEs at about half the value of the top guys.

I am using the 200 dollar format as reference, if you pay 20 for 2 WRs and a TE, you usually get better performance than paying 40 for a top WR and 10 for a number and a TE.

You have to know the other players, if there are fans of a specific team they may drive up prices on players from that team - for instance a couple of GB fans can drive up the price of Randall Cobb or Aaron Rodgers. If it is balanced or all are fans of the same team this doesn't apply.

Nominate the most expensive player you don't want that much every time, that way others will tend to overspend early leaving you with choices in the middle of the draft. If there is a run on guys like Adrian Peterson, Foster, Megatron, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Gronk a lot of people are going to be spending a lot money which will make them a bit shy for a while.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Ok guys I'm doing my first auction draft this year. Are there any tips or advice that any of you fantasy guru's could give me?
I found this little gem.

Mark Wimer's take: "I've been speaking with Cecil Lammey as he's watched the Broncos' early June OTAs, and the word is that Ronnie Hillman looks explosive and polished and that he's been running with the first team for 75%+ of the snaps. Meanwhile, Montee Ball has looked less impressive and is a rookie playing for John Fox. I've revised my Denver projections based on Cecil's observations and Hillman has vaulted up my running back projections/rankings, while Ball has fallen significantly. This is a camp battle I'll watch closely during preseason games/training camp reports. "

as far as auction drafts I have no clue. Don't spend all your money on guys that cannot play!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: