The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #26
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
There was talk about Nebraska wanting to split in half around the Grand Island area. I guess that part of Colorado could join us.

Psh. No. Nebraska can keep its Nebraska problems.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
How many jobs lost in CO due to this law btw?
I only know of one small business in FoCo that is moving to Laramie. They make gun sights and it's a protest move. The actual law doesn't impact their business at all.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Actually surprised El Paso county is not considering joining the secession movement.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #29
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Its a valid complaint. If an important part of the state wants to walk, you may have to reconsider the policies in place. And its not just the new ammo/gun restrictions. Its years of **** the rural parts of the state feel the cities get away with. Where I live people oppose anything involving Pueblo or Colorado Springs even if it would be an economic benefit.

It is a valid complaint, and rational people are doing things like trying to recall the representatives that voted for the law.

Irrational, attention-seeking douchebags are making impotent threats.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Psh. No. Nebraska can keep its Nebraska problems.

Funny how a good chuck of Colorado used to be part of Nebraska. All of that area anyways
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
It is a valid complaint, and rational people are doing things like trying to recall the representatives that voted for the law.

Irrational, attention-seeking douchebags are making impotent threats.

In 1861 irrational, attention-seeking douchebags made impotent threats and eventually in 1863 became West Virginia. I dont agree with secession, I dont believe a state or a county has a right to just leave when it does not like the direction the state or country is going in. But it could happen.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #32
Meck77

I think they should split Colorado in half right at I-225. The yuppies, Californian transplants, flat billed Bronco hat wearers, liberals, boulder tree huggers can stay in Colorado.

The working people of Aurora, the ranchers of eastern plains, and the BILLION$ of natural gas and oil should go to WY where freedom and less taxation are a way of life.

Oh two exceptions. All the aholes who wear Black colored Bronco hats would be packed up and shipped to lodo before the switch.

Also, Colorado can keep parker also. You see that is where the white folks move to who are scared of minorities but can't afford Boulder.

Mock I wish you were still here buddy. You'd love what is about to unfold on this thread!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Funny how a good chuck of Colorado used to be part of Nebraska. All of that area anyways

Used to be part of a proposed giant state called Jefferson (parts of Wyo, Utah, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico and Colorado). Colorado was supposed to be where southern California is now. Or would have been if the settlers there got their way.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #34
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I think they should split Colorado in half right at I-225. The yuppies, Californian transplants, flat billed Bronco hat wearers, liberals, boulder tree huggers can stay in Colorado.

The working people of Aurora, the ranchers of eastern plains, and the BILLION$ of natural gas and oil should go to WY where freedom and less taxation are a way of life.

Oh two exceptions. All the aholes who wear Black colored Bronco hats would be packed up and shipped to lodo before the switch.

Also, Colorado can keep parker also. You see that is where the white folks move to who are scared of minorities but can't afford Boulder.

Mock I wish you were still here buddy. You'd love what is about to unfold on this thread!

I always thought if Colorado was going to split it would be either along the continental divide or along I-70. four quarters of the state are completely different from one another.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I only know of one small business in FoCo that is moving to Laramie. They make gun sights and it's a protest move. The actual law doesn't impact their business at all.
Magpul is leaving CO and that is taking 200 jobs and ripple effect of Magpul leaving will effect a lot more people and businesses:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-leaving-colo/
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #36
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I'd love this, leave CO and join WY.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #37
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Used to be part of a proposed giant state called Jefferson (parts of Wyo, Utah, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico and Colorado). Colorado was supposed to be where southern California is now. Or would have been if the settlers there got their way.

Well that area was taken from the Nebraska territory back in 1861.

http://www.omahalibrary.org/gallerie...ps/map_547.jpg

http://www.doanefamilyassociation.org/brabec_paper.html
Old 07-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #38
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
I live in Fort Collins, adjacent to this sideshow.

It's a joke, a few crybabies stamping their feet because the state legislature passed a law they don't agree with. It will never happen.
Agreed. What a total sideshow the tea party has become with their infatuation with succession. First that idiot Rick Perry and now these clowns in Northern Colorado.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #39
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

and everything Pueblo south becomes part of New Mexico.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #40
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

I grew up in Wyoming and it's an awesome place. If you want to be a part of Wyoming, no reason not to move there.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #41
DenverDynamite

Quote:
I grew up in Wyoming and it's an awesome place. If you want to be a part of Wyoming, no reason not to move there.
I went to college at UW. Wyoming has some of the most wonderful people, even if I don't agree with a lot of the political leanings of the state.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #42
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
There was talk about Nebraska wanting to split in half around the Grand Island area. I guess that part of Colorado could join us.
SW Nebraska and NE Colorado are my old stomping grounds and, to be honest, there isn't much difference, except that they wave at you with different fingers when you pass each other in cars.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Those nasty liberals in Denver keep passing laws they don't like, so of course, the best solution is to secede. If you don't get your way, take your ball and go home. That's how our republic works, right? My way or the highway.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #44
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

****ing morons. You won't be missed.

If you're not winning elections, PART of that may just be that your ideas are ****ing garbage, and the best thing you can come up with is a stupid-ass plan like this.

Talk about an overreaction. The new Colorado congress has been in session for less than a term, and these idiots fly off the goddamn handle.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
SW Nebraska and NE Colorado are my old stomping grounds and, to be honest, there isn't much difference, except that they wave at you with different fingers when you pass each other in cars.
I will have to watch next time I'm in that area of Colorado.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:43 PM   #46
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:

dude..you dont even live in Colorado anymore..
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #47
Johnykbr

This also includes counties in Nebraska and Kansas. It is bigger than what it shows. Also, while I'm sure gun rights has something to do with it, it was not the main reason. The main reason were the environmental regulations that were passed about how much energy consumed has to be from renewable sources which will be much more expensive for those farmers/ranchers out there.

I think that corner of the state is ugly as sin but people don't realize that a very large percentage of the money used in the state of Colorado to fund public education comes from the energy resources in that corner. They shouldn't take this lightly.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #48
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I love this idea although it will never happen.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #49
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
http://www.wibw.com/home/nationalnew...217155641.html

(AP)-- A proposal to form a new state in northern Colorado is getting public support.

More than four dozen people showed up Thursday at the first public meeting to discuss a proposal to form a 51st state. Most of them said they support secession.
Its as serious as the discussion of secession by Texas ( and multiple OTHER states) after the Repubs lost the last election. ( If I can't win fair and square then I'll just take my ball and leave ).
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #50
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
48 people! Wow, I say that is a major following to pull it off. I take it Colorado is overrun by liberals and Californians so they don't want anything to do with the state. I will now read the article.

BTW, no one gets to form a new state until SoCal (minus LA) gets to break off from the rest of California. We would rule and kick ass.
The small talk about California splitting is into 3 parts or states... Northern, Central and Southern. Looking at this just tells me how far Colorado has fallen since the mid 80's when I lived there. Colorado has become California East minus the beach and huge population base.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote