The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #76
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
What I exposed is the author of your article on Obama care is nothing more than a shill for the Obama administration. He is also nothing more than an HIV positive homosexual that is living here in the U.S. waiting to become a citizen so he can have his pre-existing health condition covered by Obamacare. Maybe he should have uses his educational skills and not had un-protected butt-sex with his Aids’ infected boyfriend.
Can't tell if this is expert trolling or just bottom feeding ignorance...
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #77
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...g-nation-wide/

Pertinent section:

A subtle but important shift in early childhood obesity rates in this low-income population seems to have begun in 2003. Obesity rates increased from 13.05 percent in 1998 to 15.21 percent in 2003. Soon, however, obesity rates began decreasing, reaching 14.94 percent by 2010. Extreme obesity followed a similar pattern, increasing from 1.75 percent to 2.22 percent from 1998 to 2003, but declining to 2.07 percent by 2010.

You're welcome.

Background: The prevalence of obesity among U.S. preschoolers has doubled in recent decades. Childhood obesity increases the risk for adult obesity and is associated with negative health consequences. Trends in the state-specific prevalence of obesity among low-income U.S. preschool children have not been examined since 2008. State-specific obesity prevalence surveillance helps determine the need for and impact of state and local obesity prevention strategies.

During 2008–2011, statistically significant downward trends in obesity prevalence were observed in 18 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Florida, Georgia, Missouri, New Jersey, South Dakota, and the U.S. Virgin Islands had the largest absolute decreases in obesity prevalence, each with a decrease of ≥1 percentage point. Twenty states and Puerto Rico experienced no significant change, and obesity prevalence increased significantly in three states.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...cid=mm6231a4_w
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #78
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
Can't tell if this is expert trolling or just bottom feeding ignorance...
Unfortunately all signs point to the latter.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #79
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Trends in the state-specific prevalence of obesity among low-income U.S. preschool children have not been examined since 2008.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwr...cid=mm6231a4_w

You should have probably kept reading.

Other reports on young children (7,8)* have used data from CDC's Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System (PedNSS); one report showed that among 44 states/territories during 2003–2008 nine showed a significant decline in obesity, 24 showed significant increases, and 11 showed no statistically significant change (7).

The article you posted USES the report as a source I told you about.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5828a1.htm

So this means 1 of 2 things. 1. The FLOTUS is taking credit for something she had nothing to do with, and as we know the Obamas NEVER do that.

Or 2. Most of the decrease occurred before the first lady decided to micromanage what school children eat in federally funded meal programs.

Again, you are welcome.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #80
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You should have probably kept reading.

Other reports on young children (7,8)* have used data from CDC's Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System (PedNSS); one report showed that among 44 states/territories during 2003–2008 nine showed a significant decline in obesity, 24 showed significant increases, and 11 showed no statistically significant change (7).

The article you posted USES the report as a source I told you about.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5828a1.htm

So this means 1 of 2 things. 1. The FLOTUS is taking credit for something she had nothing to do with, and as we know the Obamas NEVER do that.

Or 2. Most of the decrease occurred before the first lady decided to micromanage what school children eat in federally funded meal programs.

Again, you are welcome.

The latest study shows 19 states. last i checked 19 is more than 9.Keep trying though.This is funny. i can see you fuming over your keyboard trying so hard not to give credit where credit is due, and screaming "damn tou liberals!"

Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign. The first lady had pushed kids to eat healthy and exercise more, and thousands of child care centers have adopted the message. She's held nationwide healthy cooking contests for kids and agencies like the Department of Education have incorporated her message into their programs. And the date of her tenure in the White House corresponds roughly with the scope of the federal study.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/...ry?id=19905261
Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #81
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The latest study shows 19 states. last i checked 19 is more than 9.Keep trying though.This is funny. i can see you fuming over your keyboard trying so hard not to give credit where credit is due, and screaming "damn tou liberals!"

Michelle Obama's Let's Move! campaign. The first lady had pushed kids to eat healthy and exercise more, and thousands of child care centers have adopted the message. She's held nationwide healthy cooking contests for kids and agencies like the Department of Education have incorporated her message into their programs. And the date of her tenure in the White House corresponds roughly with the scope of the federal study.

So what you're saying is that a program that started in 2010 deserves the credit for a (minuscule) trend occurring from 2008-2011 that was otherwise in line with other longer-standing trends? Is this the kind of "science" you guys are always going on and on about?
Old 08-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #82
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
An effort by Democrats to fix a glitch under Obamacare that harms small churches is widely expected to be blocked by Republicans, in what would be the latest example of GOP efforts to undermine President Obama’s signature legislative achievement by refusing to fix technical problems encountered during implementation.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...oons-pryor.php
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #83
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post

Marks my words: this hardcore drive to sabotage and completely repeal the PPACA is going to blow up in republican's faces.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #84
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Obamacare will destroy the economy and will make premiums go up(gee, some of us said it would happen), and more jobs are going part time to avoid having to pay the high costs, but it's republicans fault even though backroom deals with democrats(Nelson)were involved in this and republicans weren't even brought to the table on it. Good grief, liberals are stupid and never stop this rewriting of history. But what do you expect from people that keep voting for a guy who thinks we have 57 states?
Premiums are going up? Mine haven't for the up coming year. It destroyed the economy? The economy got destroyed over 5 years ago by your boy. I haven't seen any stats on people going part time for this reason but I have been surprised by the buisness's that suddenly have available health insurance for their employees and the employees I work with from those small businesses haven't gone part time. Fear, it's what will destroy this country and keep the Republicans chugging along.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #85
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Premiums are going up? Mine haven't for the up coming year. It destroyed the economy? The economy got destroyed over 5 years ago by your boy. I haven't seen any stats on people going part time for this reason but I have been surprised by the buisness's that suddenly have available health insurance for their employees and the employees I work with from those small businesses haven't gone part time. Fear, it's what will destroy this country and keep the Republicans chugging along.
Small businesses are exempt from the mandate. As for everyone else...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...t-time-nation/

Old 08-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #86
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Small businesses are exempt from the mandate. As for everyone else...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapoth...t-time-nation/

so its may be a statistically anomoly, and represents a tiny fraction of workers...

truth is success businesses that are selling alot of product need workers to fill orders, mandate or no mandate.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #87
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
so its may be a statistically anomoly, and represents a tiny fraction of workers...

truth is success businesses that are selling alot of product need workers to fill orders, mandate or no mandate.
Part time workers can fill orders too. And come mandate-free.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #88
BroncoBeavis

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/08/0...l#.Uf-UcGRAS7g

Quote:
The July government employment report released Friday showed the job market treading water.

And a closer look at one of the two measures the Labor Department uses to gauge employment suggests that part-time work accounted for almost all the job growth that’s been reported over the past six months.
Quote:
Hall is no ordinary academic. He ran the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the agency that puts out the monthly jobs report, from 2008 to 2012. Over the past six months, he said, the Household Survey shows 963,000 more people reporting that they were employed, and 936,000 of them reported they’re in part-time jobs.

“That is a really high number for a six-month period,” Hall said. “I’m not sure that has ever happened over six months before.”
Huh, even the former head of Obama's own BLS calls it unprecedented. No worries though. I'm sure it's just a weird kwinkydink.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #89
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Honestly, I'm not sure why the requirement for employers to provide health insurance for full-time employees is there to begin with. Seems to me the PPACA would work just fine without it.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #90
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

Her program started IN 2010. The decreases were shown to have started to occur TEN years ago. How the **** can she claim credit for something she had nothing to do with? Oh, right. She is an Obama. That's how.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #91
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Her program started IN 2010. The decreases were shown to have started to occur TEN years ago. How the **** can she claim credit for something she had nothing to do with? Oh, right. She is an Obama. That's how.

the selective rightards. 6 months into office and obama gets blamed for the recession that started under dubya.Yet now michelle cannot take any credit for the programs that she started in 2010.

Last edited by Rigs11; 08-15-2013 at 09:15 AM..
Old 08-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #92
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Default Newt betchslaps party of NO

This is from one of your own.

Gingrich: Republicans have 'zero' health care ideas

Boston (CNN) – Former House Speaker and presidential candidate Newt Gingrich reprimanded his fellow Republicans in unusually harsh terms Wednesday, blaming GOP members of Congress for developing "zero" alternatives to President Obama's health care reform law.

Gingrich, who was speaking at the opening session of the Republican National Committee's summer meeting, fielded a question about "Obamacare" and recalled that Republicans were able to block Bill Clinton's health care reform effort in 1994 because they had "a positive alternative approach" to health care.

But Republicans today have nothing comparable to offer, Gingrich told nearly the 200 state party chairs, operatives and activists gathered in Boston for the conference.

"I will bet you, for most of you, you go home in the next two weeks when your members of Congress are home, and you look them in the eye and you say, 'What is your positive replacement for Obamacare?' They will have zero answer," Gingrich said.
Gingrich blamed the problem on Republican culture that rewards obstruction and negativity instead of innovation and "being positive."
"We are caught up right now in a culture, and you see it every single day, where as long as we are negative and as long as we are vicious and as long as we can tear down our opponent, we don't have to learn anything," Gingrich said, acknowledging the "totally candid" nature of his remarks. "We have to do the homework."

"This is a very deep problem," said Gingrich, who was recently named one of the hosts of CNN's political talk show "Crossfire."

Gingrich's remarks were pegged to his forthcoming book "Breakout," which calls on Republicans to embrace new technologies and policies in an effort to become a party of the future.

President Obama also accused Republicans of having no health care plan during a White House press conference last week, a claim that was met with disdain by House Republican leaders who circulated a series of health care ideas to reporters after the president's remarks.

A number of prominent conservatives in the House and Senate are pushing to shut down the federal government in a bid to de-fund the president's health care law when Congress takes up a government spending measure in late September.
Asked if he agreed with Gingrich's arguments, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said "not completely." He pointed to a number of piecemeal health care proposals available on the web sites of House Republican leaders.

Priebus said he supports repealing or de-funding Obamacare, but pressed on whether he would support a government shutdown to accomplish those goals, Priebus said he did not want to debate tactics.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...eas/?hpt=hp_t3
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #93
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
This is from one of your own.

Gingrich: Republicans have 'zero' health care ideas

Boston (CNN) – Former House Speaker and presidential candidate Newt Gingrich reprimanded his fellow Republicans in unusually harsh terms Wednesday, blaming GOP members of Congress for developing "zero" alternatives to President Obama's health care reform law.

Gingrich, who was speaking at the opening session of the Republican National Committee's summer meeting, fielded a question about "Obamacare" and recalled that Republicans were able to block Bill Clinton's health care reform effort in 1994 because they had "a positive alternative approach" to health care.

But Republicans today have nothing comparable to offer, Gingrich told nearly the 200 state party chairs, operatives and activists gathered in Boston for the conference.

"I will bet you, for most of you, you go home in the next two weeks when your members of Congress are home, and you look them in the eye and you say, 'What is your positive replacement for Obamacare?' They will have zero answer," Gingrich said.
Gingrich blamed the problem on Republican culture that rewards obstruction and negativity instead of innovation and "being positive."
"We are caught up right now in a culture, and you see it every single day, where as long as we are negative and as long as we are vicious and as long as we can tear down our opponent, we don't have to learn anything," Gingrich said, acknowledging the "totally candid" nature of his remarks. "We have to do the homework."

"This is a very deep problem," said Gingrich, who was recently named one of the hosts of CNN's political talk show "Crossfire."

Gingrich's remarks were pegged to his forthcoming book "Breakout," which calls on Republicans to embrace new technologies and policies in an effort to become a party of the future.

President Obama also accused Republicans of having no health care plan during a White House press conference last week, a claim that was met with disdain by House Republican leaders who circulated a series of health care ideas to reporters after the president's remarks.

A number of prominent conservatives in the House and Senate are pushing to shut down the federal government in a bid to de-fund the president's health care law when Congress takes up a government spending measure in late September.
Asked if he agreed with Gingrich's arguments, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said "not completely." He pointed to a number of piecemeal health care proposals available on the web sites of House Republican leaders.

Priebus said he supports repealing or de-funding Obamacare, but pressed on whether he would support a government shutdown to accomplish those goals, Priebus said he did not want to debate tactics.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...eas/?hpt=hp_t3
Funny, someone else was just b****ing the other day about AEI bothering to still publish different proposals at this late Obamacare hour and what a waste of time that was. Which is it?

Anyway, as for the Newt, mostly bull****.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...dicare-reform/

Newt's always trying to separate himself as an "ideas" guy. But the real problem isn't that there aren't alternative ideas. It's that nobody talks about your ideas if you don't have the power to implement them.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #94
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #95
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
Hey Labron, you didn't answer last time. Weren't you talking Bush Impeachment for all that bad stuff he did to your Civil Libertaaah a few years back?

How 'bout now?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #96
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Hey Labron...
Don't you have a Klan rally or a cross burning to attend or something?
Old 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #97
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Hey Labron, you didn't answer last time. Weren't you talking Bush Impeachment for all that bad stuff he did to your Civil Libertaaah a few years back?

How 'bout now?
The difference?

People like you defended Dumbya every inch of the way.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #98
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://benswann.com/obamacare-provis...e-inspections/

I haven't fact checked this, but it raised my eyebrow(s):

OBAMACARE PROVISION: “FORCED” HOME INSPECTIONS
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #99
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
The difference?

People like you defended Dumbya every inch of the way.
So what you're saying is you're every bit as bad as those you love to accuse.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #100
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
the selective rightards. 6 months into office and obama gets blamed for the recession that started under dubya.Yet now michelle cannot take any credit for the programs that she started in 2010.
The bolded is straight up stupid. I said no such thing, stop trying to deflect because you are losing the argument.

She can take credit for her program, and why you think I'd say otherwise is ridiculous. She is talking about, and taking credit for, decreases in obesity that happened before this program was even a thought. Do you not see the difference?