The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Default Von may have missed/skipped a piss test

I'm starting a new Von thread because I'm awesome and need to feed my ego.

anyway...

............Miller will be with the Broncos, but his four-game suspension distraction won't go away until after his appeal hearing next month.

Miller initially was placed in the league's substance-abuse program after he tested positive for both an amphetamine and marijuana

Under league policy, had the amphetamine been classified as a performance-enhancing drug (PED), Miller would have been suspended on the spot. The fact he wasn't likely means either the amphetamine was classified as a non-PED substance, or Miller had a pre-existing condition that allowed him to use the amphetamine. Miller is asthmatic.

But then there's the positive test for marijuana in 2011. A first offense is not deemed punishable by fine or suspension. The cause of Miller's recent alleged violation of the league's substance-abuse policy has been kept confidential. It's possible to be in violation of the drug policy without having a positive sample. Missing a scheduled test, for instance, counts as a violation of league's drug policy.

Still, it will be difficult for Miller to get his four-game suspension overturned. It happens, but it's rare...........

Read more: Broncos ready to put trying offseason behind them in training camp - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2Zyj4ndnr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Maybe, that's why he said he doesn't know what's going on. I had no idea that missing a test counts as a violation. The pieces are starting to come together...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Maybe, that's why he said he doesn't know what's going on. I had no idea that missing a test counts as a violation. The pieces are starting to come together...
I'll take any positive news at this point...FYI, your avatar is awesome
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The way Miller made it sound in his tweet, is that this is all a big mistake. If he takes asthma medicine and he missed a test, this could be the reason he thinks it will all get resolved. I hope this is the case. Missing a pee test is not good as it implies guilt.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Poor addict. He needs an intervention!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Cut HIM NOW!!!!
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The way Miller made it sound in his tweet, is that this is all a big mistake. If he takes asthma medicine and he missed a test, this could be the reason he thinks it will all get resolved. I hope this is the case. Missing a pee test is not good as it implies guilt.
That is my thought also.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

They won't show leniency for missing a test. It could be for a number of reasons. I think most guys that miss a test is because they know they will fail it. Not saying this is the case with Von but rules are rules and I don't see the NFL giving much at all. I think he misses the 4 games.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:07 AM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
They won't show leniency for missing a test. It could be for a number of reasons. I think most guys that miss a test is because they know they will fail it. Not saying this is the case with Von but rules are rules and I don't see the NFL giving much at all. I think he misses the 4 games.
I don't think he misses 4 games for a missed pee test. If it was a pattern then sure, but one missed test shouldn't automatically get you a 4 game boot. I guarantee you this is why the NFLPA is going to fight this.

If this is the case, that is he missed a pee test and this is combined with a pre-draft marijuana situation and possible asthma medication, at most he'll miss 2 games. I'm hoping it's more like 1.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I don't think he misses 4 games for a missed pee test. If it was a pattern then sure, but one missed test shouldn't automatically get you a 4 game boot. I guarantee you this is why the NFLPA is going to fight this.

If this is the case, that is he missed a pee test and this is combined with a pre-draft marijuana situation and possible asthma medication, at most he'll miss 2 games. I'm hoping it's more like 1.
Depends what the CBA says I guess. I liken it to a parole situation, what happens if you miss a test then? I would guess it's implied as a failed test.

I am guessing g6matty could actually be useful here.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

This is pretty interesting. However, with Comish Blood wanting to make examples out of players, I dont see him winning the appeal. Sucks because I was really looking forward to Von having his way against the Giants in week 2. That game looks alot tougher now
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

He is talking to the media now in a live stream on the official site... I cant hear cuz im at work otherwise Id post transcript
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #13
Drunken.Broncoholic

How do these tests work. Isn't it the NFLs job to have someone responsible for testing these players or do they just pee whenever a cup comes in the mail? How does a test get missed with so many involved like agents FOs NFL officials etc.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #14
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Miller, when asked whether smoking marijuana was part of his life: "Absolutely not."

Miller: "Our focus is where it's always been: coming out here & winning games."

Miller: "It's business as usual in the locker room. Outside the locker room, I can't control too much stuff."

Miller, when asked whether he had any regrets: "I can't really touch on too much about all that stuff."

Miller: "I'm focused. ... I can't wait for training camp to start tomorrow ... get started, run around and get back to football."

Miller: What the NFLPA said about it not being a PED issue was true.

Miller: "I don't think I let my teammates down. Everybody has tough moments."

Miller, when asked whether he's confident about playing vs. Baltimore, goes back & re-cites confidentiality in not commenting.

Miller: "I can touch (on it) in more detail when the situation is resolved." Situation is "tough," he says.

iller: "I'm obviously aware of the situation surrounding me, but out of respect for confidentiality ... I can't talk about it."

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Miller: "It's business as usual in the locker room. Outside the locker room, I can't control too much stuff."
Ummm....yes you can, Von. Stay away from the stoner parties.

Quote:
Miller, when asked whether he had any regrets: "I can't really touch on too much about all that stuff."
Translation: "Yes, I have regrets." Otherwise, he would say he didn't have regrets.

Quote:
Miller: "I don't think I let my teammates down. Everybody has tough moments."
Soooo.....you DID do something wrong, then, right?
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Please stfu until you know the full details. You idiots just cant wait to rip on the guy. As if you have never made a mistake in your life?? Give me a break.
crush17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Ummm....yes you can, Von. Stay away from the stoner parties.

Translation: "Yes, I have regrets." Otherwise, he would say he didn't have regrets.

Soooo.....you DID do something wrong, then, right?
Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Please stfu until you know the full details. You idiots just cant wait to rip on the guy. As if you have never made a mistake in your life?? Give me a break.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
really? there have been many violations that happened for that over the years.
i can't remember his name but a few years ago a guy didn't answer the door for a test(i think he said he was sleep or something) and got slapped with a violation.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #20
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
No.....no, I will NOT stfu. So there. Nanny nanny boo boo.

And no....I have NEVER made any mistakes.....

......except for banging a chubby chick once. She wouldn't stop calling me for nearly 6 months.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
No.....no, I will NOT stfu. So there. Nanny nanny boo boo.

And no....I have NEVER made any mistakes.....

......except for banging a chubby chick once. She wouldn't stop calling me for nearly 6 months.
6 months? what the **** did you do? tell her she was awesome or did you just put it her?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #22
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
really? there have been many violations that happened for that over the years.
i can't remember his name but a few years ago a guy didn't answer the door for a test(i think he said he was sleep or something) and got slapped with a violation.
If missing a test weren't a violation, players would "miss" every time they knew they were hot.

It works the same way in the military -- random drug tests, and if you don't do it, you are prosecuted.

But in the military, they show up face to face and say "come piss." So there's no possibility of not knowing or forgetting. You are told when you show up for work, and you have X hours to get it done.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #23
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
6 months? what the **** did you do? tell her she was awesome or did you just put it her?
No, I never tell chicks they are "awesome"....except for my wife (sometimes we husbands have to lower ourselves to that).

I just have a big johnson........what can I say?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #24
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I opened my door and hit the car next to me at trader joes once. Im sorry but I guess I hold the term "professional" to a higher regard. I expect mistakes ON the field not OFF the field. I don't think he's a terrible guy at all though. After he's not a "professional" anymore he can smoke/roll all he wants to. And if its a misunderstanding like he's telling us I will believe him until its refuted.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #25
DENVERDUI55

Skipped pee test is usually an automatic positive test. If he was dirty then skipping the test was his best choice because his has a fighting chance with a good lawyer.