The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #76
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Shabby, not too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
1. This is Gibbs ZBS system. The RB sprints towards the OT and has the "option" of breaking it outside or cutting straight up the field.

2. I was right about Vickerson playing NT in Base Defense, which I called right after Knighton was signed. Vickerson LDT (1-technique), Knighton RDT (3-technique).

3. Shaun Phillips at RDE means they are prepping him to replace Ayers in obvious passing situations.

4. Hopefully Bruton sticks at SS. Mike Adams can't cover TE's.
....and Denarious Butrone can? his coverage skills are worse
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #77
Bmore Manning

Yes Price, Knighton will be playing as a pure penetrator, just like he was in Jacksonville. I heard that he may gets looks at LDE.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #78
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
....and Denarious Butrone can? his coverage skills are worse
Bruton is bigger, faster, and more physical than Adams. Adams has hit his ceiling. Bruton is the kind of athlete you want as a Starter. We'll find out if he's gotten any better. If not, Jammer's in the mix too.

The Broncos need a playmaker at SS (especially because they are outnumbered in Nickel Defense). Hopefully Bruton can step up and be that guy.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-25-2013 at 05:41 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #79
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Those are stretch zone plays. That's as ZBS as ZBS gets.
What are you trying to say..? That how he's lining up would not indicate that, or you were just calling it for what it is. Cause I fail to see how Manning wouldn't be able to run the stretch from that formation..
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #80
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Yes Price, Knighton will be playing as a pure penetrator, just like he was in Jacksonville. I heard that he may gets looks at LDE.
You love hyperbole.

Kinghton should offer more penetration at 3-tech in Base Defense than Bannan ever did. I expect Wolfe and Williams to rotate at 3-tech in Nickel. Gonna be tough to get the rookie on the field.

You were wrong about Rahim too.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-25-2013 at 05:43 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #81
Bmore Manning

Also @Rev

Manning has used the read option throughout his career, certainly he didn't run often, I'm sure everyone remembers the run against Oakland.

But in a pistol or read option formation, it sets up the inside and outside zone runs, it sets up play action, it sets up for a roll out which he did much more of last year, it gets the ball into the perimeter of the defense faster for our play makers, it helps to push an uptempo offense.

All things perfect given what we want to accomplish and fitting of our personnel. But Manning is not going to be keeping it! That wouldn't be ideal !
Old 07-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #82
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
There is no read option. Hobo used the wrong terminology.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:52 PM   #83
Bmore Manning

Quote:
You love hyperbole.

Kinghton should offer more penetration at 3-tech in Base Defense than Bannan ever did. I expect Wolfe and Williams to rotate at 3-tech in Nickel. Gonna be tough to get the rookie on the field.

You were wrong about Rahim too.
You are absolutely correct about Wolfe and Williams inside on Nickel that's going to be great!

In our scheme, both DTs are interchangeable. Both two gap and control the run first and then look to penetrate in base downs. We have had this talk several times. They are a similar type player, neither is a true UT, as our scheme is not a one gapping 4-3. Stop thinking NT/UT, if that were the case, Wolfe would be inside in base downs.

I was wrong about what exactly with Moore..?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #84
Bmore Manning

Quote:
There is no read option. Hobo used the wrong terminology.
There is a zone read option.. What are you talking about?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #85
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
You are absolutely correct about Wolfe and Williams inside on Nickel that's going to be great!

In our scheme, both DTs are interchangeable. Both two gap and control the run first and then look to penetrate in base downs. We have had this talk several times. They are a similar type player, neither is a true UT, as our scheme is not a one gapping 4-3. Stop thinking NT/UT, if that were the case, Wolfe would be inside in base downs.

The only player who 2-gaps in Base Defense is Wolfe. Vickerson lines up at 1-technique in the "A" gap, and is only responsible for one gap. Knighton, Miller, and Ayers are all only responsible for 1 gap each also. However, at least one Defensive Lineman will catch a double-team (numbers), but that's not the same as "2-gapping".

Last year it seemed like Bannan and Vickerson were 2-gapping in Base, but they just can't penetrate. That's why Bannan is gone. But enough about that.

Happy Training Camp is finally here.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-25-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #86
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
There is a zone read option.. What are you talking about?
Not in the Broncos Offense there's not. Hobo said they were playing the Zone Read...but I think it was really Gibbs ZBS (possibly out of the pistol formation).

I'm hoping to go Saturday to find out.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #87
Bmore Manning

Quote:
The only player who 2-gaps in Base Defense is Wolfe. Vickerson lines up at 1-technique in the "A" gap, and is only responsible for one gap. Knighton, Miller, and Ayers are all only responsible for 1 gap each also. However, at least one Defensive Lineman will catch a double-team (numbers), but that's not the same as "2-gapping".

Last year it seemed like Bannan and Vickerson were 2-gapping in Base, but they just can't penetrate. That's why Bannan is gone. But enough about that.

Happy Training Camp is finally here.
INCORRECT! I have told you this MANY times!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...e-in-the-draft

Knighton, Vickerson, Wolfe two gap, thus controlling 6 gaps. Ayers and Miller control one and rush, the LBs flow. I have told you this for months but you continue to argue differently! Therefore 1 and 3 tech make no difference in our scheme!

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 07-25-2013 at 06:13 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #88
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Not in the Broncos Offense there's not. Hobo said they were playing the Zone Read...but I think it was really Gibbs ZBS (possibly out of the pistol formation).

I'm hoping to go Saturday to find out.
There is Peyton just doesn't keep it..

The Read Option and Pistol can be intertwined and used in a ZBS or PBS.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #89
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

If that was ZBS, that was the worst version of it. The reason I say that is because out of the 8-9 run plays ran during practise the G got blown up 3-4 times. Each time his "hat" was on the wrong side. Second the G gave a step back with the play side foot. Thing is, if I hadn't seen that play 1000 times last year I'd agree with you.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #90
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
If that was ZBS, that was the worst version of it. The reason I say that is because out of the 8-9 run plays ran during practise the G got blown up 3-4 times. Each time his "hat" was on the wrong side. Second the G gave a step back with the play side foot. Thing is, if I hadn't seen that play 1000 times last year I'd agree with you.

I am speaking in generalities.. Couldn't comment on what happened today. Just saying how those formations could work..

What Guard got blown up today, let me guess Beadles..
Old 07-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #91
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
INCORRECT! I have told you this MANY times!

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...e-in-the-draft

Knighton, Vickerson, Wolfe two gap, thus controlling 6 gaps. Ayers and Miller control one and rush, the LBs flow. I have told you this for months but you continue to argue differently! Therefore 1 and 3 tech make no difference in our scheme!
Not true. IAOFM was wrong. I have given you mountains of evidence to prove that, ut you continue to ride that boat over the edge of the earth. Vickerson, Knighton, Del Rio, and Fox have all mentioned 1-tech and 3-tech multiple times referring to Base Defense...Never, not once has anyone on the team EVER talked about 2-gapping except Derek Wolfe. The Broncos run a 4-3 Under.

1-tech and 3-tech DO NOT 2-gap, by very definition of the position.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #92
pricejj
jungle

Quote:

Alright. We speak the same language. So they weren't running Gibbs scheme? Was he out there barking orders? He freaking better be. I was counting on him shaping up the OL this year in the run game.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:16 PM   #93
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
I heard that he may gets looks at LDE.
you guys have a lightrail in Baltimore too?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #94
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

You two really know how to ruin threads.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #95
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Is there a bigger attention whore in the history of the mane than the Hopechest?
Mighty Smurf? Although he doesn't have a chest tatoo.

#guido4lyfe
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #96
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You two really know how to ruin threads.
The enthusiasm between the 2 is pretty amazing. It's become a pretty cool rivalry to watch.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #97
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Defense:
D-line
It going to interesting to see how Sly fits into our system. DT's hardly ever contribute right away. He wasn't here today, but he did just sign his contract.

As a whole, the group stuff the run well.

There was nothing that anybody did individually that stood out.

LB's:
Miller: Played SLB all day. I read some where he is working on his coverage skills. However, he was never 1-1 with anybody. He was in his 5 yard chuck zone shoving TE's around.

Irving: Had a good day. Sniffed out a couple of and blew then up. However, never was asked to cover 1-1 down the field.. Then again thats a lot to ask a LB to do with a TE or RB.

Woodyard: Quite day. Nothing bad, nothing good.

Travathan: Ran with the second team. He will be the danger to Woodyards hopes for a new contract. If he really steps up in a big way, it will make it a lot easier to let Woodyard walk. He does get good depth on his zone drops today.

McCray: Had the Defensive play of the day. Made Ozzy look a little silly. Delay blitz on the weakside. Ozzy didn't see it and didn't audible out of the play or change the protection. Got there pretty fast too.

CB's:
Champ: Forget trying to throw the fade on Champ. Had that on lock! However, man coverage is hard for anybody. Let DT and Decker make catches on square-in routes.

DRC: Made the jump of the day. I think that there is a pic of it somewhere. 1-1 vs. Decker. Decker had a step one him. But there was a little air under the ball and took a second for the ball to get there. DRC was able to turn around and make a swipe at the ball. Must have jumped a good 2-2.5 feet off the ground. Didn't swat the ball away but still impressive.

Harris: Harris is good... just not against Welker anymore. Maybe its the way that JDR uses Harris cause I remember Harris having Welker on lock when Allen was our DC.

Webster: Ran with the 2nd team. Played well against the 2's.

Side note: I love having all these tall big DB's. I think Harris is the shortest at 5-9.

Safety's
Moore: Had a really good day. 1-1 drills made an int vs. a TE. Granted the TE was a little lazy in his route.

Adams: We need a new guy soon. On 2 occasion during 7-7 he would have been called for Defensive hold or illegal contact down field. I know this drill is all about the offense but if you can't play clean now what's going to happen during the game?

Bruton (sp?): Yes Bruton is the biggest fastest safety we have. However, he either has the worst instincts of everybody or he's not hitting the books enough. He looked a little lost. He did know enough to be the deep safety and wasn't beat deep. So that was good.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #98
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
I am speaking in generalities.. Couldn't comment on what happened today. Just saying how those formations could work..

What Guard got blown up today, let me guess Beadles..
I don't think the G getting blown up was because it was poor play or technic. I think it was bad scheme. I've seen this block before. We called it "kick slide block". The idea is to invite the Dlinemen up the field then simply push him off balance against his shoulder. Thing is it only works when everything goes perfect. Which we all know football and that never happens.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #99
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Alright. We speak the same language. So they weren't running Gibbs scheme? Was he out there barking orders? He freaking better be. I was counting on him shaping up the OL this year in the run game.
Not sure. Had crap seating. But I didn't hear him. We all know he's a bit of a cuss.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #100
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Hi ya'll first Camp report of 2013!

First thing we all know I think we all know who will be the first and second team offense.

For Defense: First team
LDE: Wolfe
LDT: Vickerson
RDT: Knighton
RDE: Ayers
WLB: Woodyard
MLB: Irving
SLB: Miller
LCB: DRC
SS: Adams/Burton (Shared 1st team snaps)
FS: Moore/Burton(Shared 1st team snaps)
RCB: Champ

Defense: Second Team/ Third Team
LDE: Jackson
LDT: Unrein
RDT: Sealver
RDE: Phillips
WLB: Travathan
MLB: Johnson
SLB: McCray
LCB: Harris
SS: Ihenacho
FS: Burton
RCB: Webster
Maybe this doesn't mean much since it's the first day of TC, but I am pleasantly surprised to see Webster just behind Harris on the depth chart. If he holds it, then hats off to the scouting staff!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote