The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1076
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Bmore called it.

Defensive end Quanterus Smith. Smith is coming back from surgery to repair a torn ACL he suffered in the 10th game of the 2012 season at Western Kentucky. The Broncos worked him back slowly through the offseason program. Other than one practice he left early because of the knee, he has practiced fully throughout training camp. The Broncos believe -- and he has shown it in practice thus far -- that he can contribute immediately as an edge player in some of their nickel and dime packages. He has worked as the No. 3 right defensive end in most team drills behind Robert Ayers and Shaun Phillips but has moved up the ladder when the team goes to its long-yardage groupings.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #1077
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Elway: Broncos 'do look good on paper'

John Elway says the Denver Broncos, still stinging from their playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens in January, are primed for greatness in 2013 if they can just stay healthy and hungry.
Two of the biggest reasons for his optimism: Von Miller and Peyton Manning.
The Broncos executive vice president said he's hopeful Miller won't have to sit out all of September for violating the NFL's drug-abuse policy. The All-Pro linebacker is having a terrific training camp while he appeals a pending four-game suspension.
Elway even called Miller, the first player he drafted, the most talented player he's ever seen on either side of the ball.
He was equally effusive in his praise of Manning, who is throwing the ball better and appears much more comfortable in his second season in Denver. With the offseason addition of Wes Welker to the roster, Elway said he's ''truly jealous of the weapons that Peyton gets to throw to....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/elway-b...2728--nfl.html
Damn that's a mouth full!!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #1078
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Bmore called it.

Defensive end Quanterus Smith. Smith is coming back from surgery to repair a torn ACL he suffered in the 10th game of the 2012 season at Western Kentucky. The Broncos worked him back slowly through the offseason program. Other than one practice he left early because of the knee, he has practiced fully throughout training camp. The Broncos believe -- and he has shown it in practice thus far -- that he can contribute immediately as an edge player in some of their nickel and dime packages. He has worked as the No. 3 right defensive end in most team drills behind Robert Ayers and Shaun Phillips but has moved up the ladder when the team goes to its long-yardage groupings.
Are you sure? I thought I heard somewhere that Med, in fact, called it.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #1079
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Elway: Broncos 'do look good on paper'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/elway-b...2728--nfl.html
Check out this little gem buried in the article. Even Elway is drinking the OJ Kool-aid:

Quote:
''I have to admit, I'm truly jealous of the weapons that Peyton gets to throw to,'' Elway said. ''I'm not saying that I didn't have great weapons. But when you look at the weapons that Peyton has: Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, and a young kid that we drafted a couple of years ago in the fourth round named Julius Thomas ... there's four weapons right there.''
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #1080
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

if Orange Julius ever lives up to the hype, he'll be the next great Denver Bronco not elected in to the Hall of Shame.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #1081
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Are you sure? I thought I heard somewhere that Med, in fact, called it.
You didn't hear that - Med did in fact call it. He was all over this guy pre-draft.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1082
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good call Med.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #1083
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Colquit has a funny line in the middle of this interview.

http://www.1043thefan.com/Channels/D...spx?ID=2019952
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #1084
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

2013 NFP PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS

1. Denver Broncos [89.0]: A spot in February’s Super Bowl boils down to whether or not Peyton Manning and John Fox can exorcise their playoff demons, as the 14-year veteran quarterback boasts just a 9-11 career postseason record while the head coach’s ultra-conservative game plan in January’s Divisional Round loss to Baltimore bordered on the absurd. Make the necessary corrections in 2013 and the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-rankings.html
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #1085
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Worrying is pointless. Besides, all indications are that Franklin's injury was minor, and Clady should be back soon.
If you aren't concerned with the OL your just being ignorant about it. The OL is a huge concern and to add to it the RB position is a concern also.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #1086
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
If you aren't concerned with the OL your just being ignorant about it. The OL is a huge concern and to add to it the RB position is a concern also.
The Broncos are moving guys around all the time on the oline. Once the first team is set, things will be much better. But the Broncos' coaching staff is shuffling things around right now, during preseason, to prep the players for the upcoming season. I really am not worried and cohesiveness on the oline is hard when you never know which guy is playing next to you. It's preseason for a reason (I got mad rhymes)!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #1087
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos are moving guys around all the time on the oline. Once the first team is set, things will be much better. But the Broncos' coaching staff is shuffling things around right now, during preseason, to prep the players for the upcoming season. I really am not worried and cohesiveness on the oline is hard when you never know which guy is playing next to you. It's preseason for a reason (I got mad rhymes)!
None of us know how Clady will be this year. C is huge ? mark. I'm not too concerned about the starters but injuries happen in the trenches and our backups leave a lot to be desired. All the weapons on O won't be that much of a factor if the OL is garbage.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #1088
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Manram will be the biggest change for the OL from last year. Assuming he starts. Everybody is panicking over the 2nd and 3rd string guys failing as a unit. If they are all playing we're ****ed anyway. The starters will be fine as we will all see when they actually play more than 7 snaps.
snowspot66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #1089
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Manram will be the biggest change for the OL from last year. Assuming he starts. Everybody is panicking over the 2nd and 3rd string guys failing as a unit. If they are all playing we're ****ed anyway. The starters will be fine as we will all see when they actually play more than 7 snaps.
Yes. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict in NO game will Clark Saulsberry Davis Blake and Painter will be on the field at the same time.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #1090
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
If you aren't concerned with the OL your just being ignorant about it.
his what is being ignorant?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #1091
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
his what is being ignorant?
Google is your friend. Isn't your post pot calling kettle black?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #1092
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Google is your friend. Isn't your post pot calling kettle black?
my post was a joke trying to point out the the irony of your post calling someone ignorant while making a basic grammar error in the same sentence.
I was all like Oh, the ironing!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1093
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
my post was a joke trying to point out the the irony of your post calling someone ignorant while making a basic grammar error in the same sentence.
I was all like Oh, the ironing!
Heh heh...
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #1094
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Everyone always freaks out about the OL in preseason every year. It's always the last unit to come together.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #1095
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Everyone always freaks out about the OL in preseason every year. It's always the last unit to come together.

The injuries are a concern. I think eventually the starting five will round into shape and gel, but it might be a game or two later then it should be.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #1096
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
It's not how they are playing but the health.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #1097
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
With Alex Gibbs back, I have zero worries about the O-line. That guy is a magician, even with with below average lineman.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #1098
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHAM View Post
With Alex Gibbs back, I have zero worries about the O-line. That guy is a magician, even with with below average lineman.
What is his record in his first year with teams? I know his teams always became successful running the ball eventually but how long did it take?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #1099
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
What is his record in his first year with teams? I know his teams always became successful running the ball eventually but how long did it take?
I think Atlanta was pretty immediate?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #1100
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I don't think Alex Gibbs has as big a roll in coaching the line as many of you seem to think. My understanding is he is a part time adviser on the ZBS which is to be used occasionally.

Dave Magazu is the coach and driving force of the O line
baja is offline   Reply With Quote