The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #1051
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Woodyard was chippy all day. Pushing the offense around quite a bit. Pushed Decker one time and he was ready to fight. Then when Rahim blew up Hilman (helmet went flying) Hester came in to back up his teammate and Woody and Hester went at it. Woody had a hand full of face mask. The during Team he was jawing on a good play, Manning rushed the offense to the line and took a QB sneak for a first down... Manning then yelled Woodyard's way, "FIRST DOWN!!!"
I love it
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1052
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I love it
That's cheap as hell

The defense isn't allowed to breathe on Manning so of course Manning got the first down.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #1053
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Yeah Manning definitely did take advantage of his advantage. But just wanted the opp to talk smack back at WWIII
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #1054
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Who is Nacho?
IamNacho
Old 08-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #1055
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
IamNacho
Nacho what?
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #1056
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Nacho what?
Libre
Old 08-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #1057
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Nacho what?
Nachos rule! They RULE!!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:04 PM   #1058
Drunken.Broncoholic

Just don't understand why the starters will play the entire 1st quarter. It's not uncommon to watch 2-3 starters go down with serious injuries in these first games for teams. Who's covering Mannings blindside? Fox and co will get death threats if manning goes down sometime toward the end of the 1st quarter with an injury due to a hacked together Oline.

Big mistake to play them that long.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1059
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PLAYMAKERS
In a team red-zone session, running back Ronnie Hillman trucked safety Duke Ihenacho to cross the plane, much to the delight of Running Backs Coach Eric Studesville. Ihenacho wasnít deterred though and two plays later broke up ó and nearly intercepted ó a pass in the end zone.

Rahim Moore landed one of the biggest hits of training camp on Hillman in another 11-on-11 session and popped the running back's helmet off.

Wesley Woodyard had a strong day on the practice field as he also put a good hit on Hillman and applied heavy pressure on quarterback Peyton Manning during the two-minute drill session near the end of practice. He and his teammates celebrated as if he had picked up the sack but Manning got the ball off anyway. Demaryius Thomas caught that pass in the end zone and the referee signaled the play a touchdown.

Moore and Omar Bolden both had break-ups of Manning, forcing a fourth down in the two-minute drill but tight end Julius Thomas hauled in a catch across the middle after first tipping it with one out-stretched hand to extend the drill.

Quarterback Brock Osweiler also moved his unit down the field in the two-minute drill and Jacob Hester ran the ball into the end zone. Hester also broke a long run down the sideline during an early portion of practice when the offense was backed up against its own goal line.

Wide receiver Lamaar Thomas made a catch in traffic early on and made a diving catch of a strike from Osweiler.

Rookie Quanterus Smith flushed Zac Dysert out of the pocket and then swatted his pass attempt late in practice.

Sylvester Williams registered a sack in practice as well.
QUICK HITS
Rodgers-Cromartie and Chris Kuper worked with Strength and Conditioning Coach Luke Richesson during practice.

The offensive and defensive lines worked on two-on-three drills and Derek Wolfe and Kevin Vickerson were particularly effective in them.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...3-ec89542653b9
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #1060
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Don't we pretty much question the playing time thing every year?

I get the personnel aspect of it with the offensive line, but injuries are going to happen and don't care about their timing. It's not like we would be happy with them making it through preseason then getting hurt the first quarter of the Ravens game.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1061
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Don't we pretty much question the playing time thing every year?

I get the personnel aspect of it with the offensive line, but injuries are going to happen and don't care about their timing. It's not like we would be happy with them making it through preseason then getting hurt the first quarter of the Ravens game.
I got a feeling they'll pull manning after a series or two and keep other starters in for the quarter. With a depleted line it's hard to see them keeping him in there. Plus I want to see Brock with some talent out there.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #1062
Drunken.Broncoholic

Q and Sly. Great to hear they are coming along.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #1063
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I got a feeling they'll pull manning after a series or two and keep other starters in for the quarter. With a depleted line it's hard to see them keeping him in there. Plus I want to see Brock with some talent out there.

This is what I hope happens
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #1064
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
That's cheap as hell

The defense isn't allowed to breathe on Manning so of course Manning got the first down.
When you talk a lot eventually someone will want to burn you.
Manning is competitive as hell so it's not surprising.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #1065
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMarsh615 View Post
That's cheap as hell

It isn't cheap when the sole reason Manning did it was to defend his teammate who was taking heat from the Defense. Manning can't go toe to toe with Woodyard or try to "truck" him. So get them the only way he can, showing them up on the next play.

Love it!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #1066
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Five Thoughts from Camp Day 13

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...7-69c4795cb1cb
Old 08-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #1067
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PETER KING: Youíre one year into your comeback after all those neck surgeries. Do you notice any difference when you throw a deep ball?

PEYTON MANNING: Yeah, I do. You know, I just feel like I can have a better idea of when I have to throw it. I can maybe hold it for a tick longer if I need to, to kind of see the [coverage] angle a little bit. Hey look, donít get me wrong now, Demaryius Thomas is easy to underthrow, letís put it that way. Even Aaron Rodgers might underthrow him. This guy can flat go now. Eric Decker runs well too. But, yeah, I have more knowledge of what I can do and how I feel. And then, also, you just have more knowledge of them. You canít get in one year what you had with great receivers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. But we did make a lot of strides last year, because they played a lot, and those guys stayed healthy and practiced every day. I do not get into comparisons with the Colts, but the best thing about Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne is they practiced every day. They never missed practice. I remember talking to Thomas and Decker last year, and they would say, ĎTell me about those guys.í First thing I would tell them: ĎThey never missed practice.í I canít tell you what that does to your timing. I mean, how many more reps are you getting? Wes Welker, from everything Iím learning so far, sure seems like youíd almost have to amputate a limb to keep him out of practice. He is a football gym rat, which is what I always thought. I was talking to Clyde Christensen, who coached me with the Colts. Clyde goes, ĎIs Welker just like we thought?í I said, ĎAbsolutely.í We always thought he was a grinder, a gym rat. Itís certainly nice to be playing with him

KING: Did you ask Tom Brady for any advice on Welker?

MANNING: I didnít go there. Thatís a little awkward. Tom called me and told me how much Iím gonna enjoy him, that heís one of, if not his favorite, teammate of all time. Tom just said how much he loves football. I found that out when [Duke coach and Manning friend David] Cutcliffe set up a great little mini-camp for us before we started OTAs. It was great, especially when youíve got a new receiver. After every throw, thereís a discussion. Like, ĎHey Wes, thatís exactly what I was looking forí or, ĎHey, I really think I need one more yard and stick at the top.í Then heís going, ĎHey Peyton, Iím gonna stem outside.í You know, itís the conversation. If youíre just throwing and not talking, Iím not sure what youíre really doing. Then, any incompletion that weíre throwing, weíre throwing it again. If you just go on to the next route, what are you really doing? A lot of guys go out and throw the route tree. Letís throw one hitch, one slant. Well, letís say you go 12-for-12. I mean did you really master the route? How about: Letís go throw 12 hooks and 12 outs? Letís go 12-for-12 on those. Letís master that route. Letís simulate press coverage. Letís simulate zone. Another thing: Wes is a texter at night. You know, heíll be watching film and heíll text, ĎHey, I just saw the film of that play from today. Iím gonna push [the defensive back] up two more yards.í Thatís great for me. Helps us get on the same page faster. As a quarterback, when you get a receiver whoís like that, I mean, that gets you pumped up about football.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/06/peyton...1_a1&eref=sihp
Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #1068
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
PETER KING: Youíre one year into your comeback after all those neck surgeries. Do you notice any difference when you throw a deep ball?

PEYTON MANNING: Yeah, I do. You know, I just feel like I can have a better idea of when I have to throw it. I can maybe hold it for a tick longer if I need to, to kind of see the [coverage] angle a little bit. Hey look, donít get me wrong now, Demaryius Thomas is easy to underthrow, letís put it that way. Even Aaron Rodgers might underthrow him. This guy can flat go now. Eric Decker runs well too. But, yeah, I have more knowledge of what I can do and how I feel. And then, also, you just have more knowledge of them. You canít get in one year what you had with great receivers like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. But we did make a lot of strides last year, because they played a lot, and those guys stayed healthy and practiced every day. I do not get into comparisons with the Colts, but the best thing about Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne is they practiced every day. They never missed practice. I remember talking to Thomas and Decker last year, and they would say, ĎTell me about those guys.í First thing I would tell them: ĎThey never missed practice.í I canít tell you what that does to your timing. I mean, how many more reps are you getting? Wes Welker, from everything Iím learning so far, sure seems like youíd almost have to amputate a limb to keep him out of practice. He is a football gym rat, which is what I always thought. I was talking to Clyde Christensen, who coached me with the Colts. Clyde goes, ĎIs Welker just like we thought?í I said, ĎAbsolutely.í We always thought he was a grinder, a gym rat. Itís certainly nice to be playing with him

MANNING: I didnít go there. Thatís a little awkward. Tom called me and told me how much Iím gonna enjoy him, that heís one of, if not his favorite, teammate of all time. Tom just said how much he loves football. I found that out when [Duke coach and Manning friend David] Cutcliffe set up a great little mini-camp for us before we started OTAs. It was great, especially when youíve got a new receiver. After every throw, thereís a discussion. Like, ĎHey Wes, thatís exactly what I was looking forí or, ĎHey, I really think I need one more yard and stick at the top.í Then heís going, ĎHey Peyton, Iím gonna stem outside.í You know, itís the conversation. If youíre just throwing and not talking, Iím not sure what youíre really doing. Then, any incompletion that weíre throwing, weíre throwing it again. If you just go on to the next route, what are you really doing? A lot of guys go out and throw the route tree. Letís throw one hitch, one slant. Well, letís say you go 12-for-12. I mean did you really master the route? How about: Letís go throw 12 hooks and 12 outs? Letís go 12-for-12 on those. Letís master that route. Letís simulate press coverage. Letís simulate zone. Another thing: Wes is a texter at night. You know, heíll be watching film and heíll text, ĎHey, I just saw the film of that play from today. Iím gonna push [the defensive back] up two more yards.í Thatís great for me. Helps us get on the same page faster. As a quarterback, when you get a receiver whoís like that, I mean, that gets you pumped up about football.

Phrasing...

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #1069
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

My favorite post from today, aside from Khan's report that is.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #1070
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:

First of all.. it's ridiculously funny to think about Peyton and his football guys talking about players that aren't even on their team, dreaming about their work ethic the way other groups of guys may talk about the sexual features of a woman they saw earlier in the day. That particular sentence reads like Peyton was the first one in the group to finally 'hit it' and now he gets to report on just how good it is... "It's just like we thought, Clyde!"

Second, PFM forever. That is all.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #1071
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 17m
Good chance RT Orlando Franklin plays Thurs in San Fran which would make O-line protecting Peyton closer to normal.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #1072
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Who is Nacho?
Nacho business.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #1073
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Broncos rookie report:

THE DRAFT CLASS
Defensive tackle Sylvester Williams. The Broncos' first-rounder was slowed early in camp with a knee injury that cost him a few days worth of practices, but it's clear the Broncos have plans for him in their pass-rush looks early on. Williams has most often lined up as Terrance Knighton's backup on the nose in the team's base 4-3 look. But when defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio goes to the specialty looks that feature a variety of fronts, Williams has been in the mix with the regulars. At least early on, he figures to play on longer-yardage situations most often.

Running back Montee Ball. Ball has consistently said he "attacked'' the playbook before training camp as well as in his limited free time since the team began its preseason work. He is already at the top tier of the rotation in the run game -- a No. 1B to Ronnie Hillman's No. 1A status. Ball cannot match Hillman's speed or big-play ability. But Ball has good vision, quick feet and
has shown the team better hands in the passing game than some scouts believed he had. Ball is also bigger than Hillman -- Ball weighs about 214 pounds compared to Hillman's 195 -- so could appear in some scoring situations deep in the red zone. But Ball will have to continue to progress in pass protection to see work in longer-yardage situations.

Defensive end Quanterus Smith. Smith is coming back from surgery to repair a torn ACL he suffered in the 10th game of the 2012 season at Western Kentucky. The Broncos worked him back slowly through the offseason program. Other than one practice he left early because of the knee, he has practiced fully throughout training camp. The Broncos believe -- and he has shown it in practice thus far -- that he can contribute immediately as an edge player in some of their nickel and dime packages. He has worked as the No. 3 right defensive end in most team drills behind Robert Ayers and Shaun Phillips but has moved up the ladder when the team goes to its long-yardage groupings.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...lls-soft-hands
Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #1074
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Elway: Broncos 'do look good on paper'

John Elway says the Denver Broncos, still stinging from their playoff loss to the Baltimore Ravens in January, are primed for greatness in 2013 if they can just stay healthy and hungry.
Two of the biggest reasons for his optimism: Von Miller and Peyton Manning.
The Broncos executive vice president said he's hopeful Miller won't have to sit out all of September for violating the NFL's drug-abuse policy. The All-Pro linebacker is having a terrific training camp while he appeals a pending four-game suspension.
Elway even called Miller, the first player he drafted, the most talented player he's ever seen on either side of the ball.
He was equally effusive in his praise of Manning, who is throwing the ball better and appears much more comfortable in his second season in Denver. With the offseason addition of Wes Welker to the roster, Elway said he's ''truly jealous of the weapons that Peyton gets to throw to....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/elway-b...2728--nfl.html
Old 08-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #1075
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'm very excited about Williams. Put him in on 3rd and long situations, along with Wolfe, Jackson, Phillips and Miller and watch the chaos insue--Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote