The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #976
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
CB Tony Carter was out with the 1's for the nickel package when he got injured.

Kim Constantinesco ‏@PredomOrange

How about some good news on the offensive line? Chris Kuper is doing running drills w team strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #977
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
So is "prax" better than "prac" on Twitter?
it's short for praxis...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #978
Drunken.Broncoholic

Is that all the info for today?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #979
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Is that all the info for today?
Yep... it's over till the reports roll in.

Jon Heath ‏@JHSMDEN

X-rays were negative on right tackle Orlando Franklin's bruised hip -- he should be fine

The Orange Page ‏@theorangepage

Looks like all the #Broncos that went out during camp today @OFranklin74 & @tonycarter904 are good
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #980
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Yep... it's over till the reports roll in.

Jon Heath ‏@JHSMDEN

X-rays were negative on right tackle Orlando Franklin's bruised hip -- he should be fine

The Orange Page ‏@theorangepage

Looks like all the #Broncos that went out during camp today @OFranklin74 & @tonycarter904 are good

Nothin a little cream and clear cant handle...
Old 08-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #981
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Nothin a little cream and clear cant handle...
tussin'
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #982
DENVERDUI55

Denver's OL is a freaking mess. This could really keep this team from being something great if the injury bug doesn't go away.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #983
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Denver's OL is a freaking mess. This could really keep this team from being something great if the injury bug doesn't go away.
Tony Ugoh repped this post.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #984
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Tony Ugoh repped this post.
Where is Foneco when we need him?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #985
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

So here's some stuff I saw today:

Hillman & Ball rotated with starters. I noticed Ball splitting wide, didn't notice Hillman ever lining up wide. In pass-blocking, I saw Woodyard get past Ball pretty easily, and then Hillman stone Von, to applause from the crowd. I saw Hillman get outside pretty easily.

I saw the promise of Julius Thomas. I believe the hype. He got a lot of time with the ones... a lot. I saw Julius moving around - not just in-line. I saw him in the backfield and I saw him split out wide. I saw lots of 2TE sets w/ Welker on the sideline - Green being the other TE. I did see Tamme dressed, but didn't notice him playing.

I saw Nacho become a crowd favorite. He came out whooping, and the crowd whooped back. It was fun. I also saw Nacho slice through for a tackle behind the line in goal line work.

I saw Manning looking crisp, and coaching players around him from the QB position.

It was a lot of fun, and great weather.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #986
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PLAYMAKERS
During a red zone drill, safety Duke Ihenacho had a leaping breakup of a pass from quarterback Peyton Manning intended for tight end Julius Thomas in the corner of the end zone. Linebacker Wesley Woodyard sprinted over to slap hands with the second-year safety and congratulate him.

Later in the drill, fellow safety Rahim Moore broke up a pass in the end zone as well, helping to keep the offense scoreless during that portion of the period.

Wide receiver Andre Caldwell had a pair of long catches -- one during seven-on-sevens when he sprinted down the sideline and hauled in a Manning pass and another during full-team drills.

Manning hit Decker on a deep pass where the receiver turned around and snatched the ball in front of cornerback Omar Bolden. Later in team drills, Decker went low to make a shoestring catch of a Manning pass.

Cornerback Aaron Hester broke up a pass in the end zone intended for wide receiver Tavarres King, which drew raucous cheers from the defensive sideline.

During one-on-ones between corners and receivers, wide receiver Kemonte' Bateman leaped and made a catch in the back of the end zone over cornerback Nigel Malone using just his fingertips, coming down for the touchdown from quarterback Brock Osweiler.

Also in one-on-ones, Demaryius Thomas reached back to haul in a pass with Champ Bailey right on his shoulder.

Julius Thomas made a catch just past Ihenacho, who was in tight coverage, during seven-on-sevens.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-7b00db01b281
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #987
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

i enjoy reading about highlight plays that happen during camp but i wish there was more analysis as it relates to what is really important about camp: player development, position battles, etc.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #988
Agamemnon

Quote:
I'm not particularly worried yet. I think Lilja will end up giving us roughly the same quality of play as Koppen did last year, and everyone else should be healthy by the start of the season. Then again I've long thought our line is a bit overrated, and even if they were fully healthy they still wouldn't hold a candle to the rest of our offense.

Just keep in mind that Manning and the ZBS both tend to make lines look better than they are, and we have both.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #989
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I'm not particularly worried yet. I think Lilja will end up giving us roughly the same quality of play as Koppen did last year, and everyone else should be healthy by the start of the season. Then again I've long thought our line is a bit overrated, and even if they were fully healthy they still wouldn't hold a candle to the rest of our offense.

Just keep in mind that Manning and the ZBS both tend to make lines look better than they are, and we have both.

Where the weakness will show is goal line situations.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #990
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
We shall see. Manning with all those targets is going to be tough to defend if the defense sells out against the run in those situations, and if Ball is half the redzone back in the NFL that he was in college he'll be very hard to stop unless the defense sells out, even with a potentially mediocre line. That combo has the potential to be a nightmare.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #991
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Five Thoughts from Camp Day 12

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...1-b968f160d371
Old 08-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #992
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Both T's are hurt, C is an unknown although I expect Lilja to do just fine. It is a concern we all should be a bit worried about.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #993
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Both T's are hurt, C is an unknown although I expect Lilja to do just fine. It is a concern we all should be a bit worried about.
I'd rather both tackles take it slow and be ready healthy and rested come week 1. Santanio Holmes had the right idea. Pull up limp to avoid really getting hurt.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #994
Agamemnon

Quote:
Worrying is pointless. Besides, all indications are that Franklin's injury was minor, and Clady should be back soon.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #995
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
We shall see. Manning with all those targets is going to be tough to defend if the defense sells out against the run in those situations, and if Ball is half the redzone back in the NFL that he was in college he'll be very hard to stop unless the defense sells out, even with a potentially mediocre line. That combo has the potential to be a nightmare.
I actually think the O line will be fine, I'm just saying if we are going to have a problem it will be in the red zone.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #996
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I actually think the O line will be fine, I'm just saying if we are going to have a problem it will be in the red zone.
My thoughts as well. People got on the rbs for short yardage failure last year but i think it was pretty obviously a line problem when there is nowhere to run to begin with.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #997
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
i enjoy reading about highlight plays that happen during camp but i wish there was more analysis as it relates to what is really important about camp: player development, position battles, etc.
Ok people, no more posting updates and observations unless it includes analysis and full depth breakdown of player development!

Freely sharing is not welcome!

Sorry not trying to be a dick to you, just this is a pet peeve of mine. Any information is good information especially since none of these posts are part of a paid position or anything and people are doing the rest of the site a favor.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #998
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cecil's report from today

http://denverssportsstation.com/comm...9&post_id=7981
Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #999
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Pull Beadles behind Franklin, just like we do every night Pinky.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #1000
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I am not. But I will be there tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to a report. You and Socal set the standard years ago. Can't wait.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote