The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #701
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Kevin Bacon was a glorious Sebastian Shaw, sir.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #702
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Cross is a beast from what I've read.
The backfield is going to be ridiculous with Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross (I spelled his name wrong the first time). If Taylor can pull his head out of his ass, we should have a good year offensively. We will see what Bo can do with the strong recruiting class that he got this season, in regards to defensive backs, hopefully he can make something of it.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #703
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #704
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I do don't know there were so many DRC fans on the Mane.

You boys are unusually testy this evening.
**** you! Hi.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #705
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
**** you! Hi.
Damn it! That was supposed to say didn't, not don't.

**** you too! How are the wife and kids?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #706
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The backfield is going to be ridiculous with Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross (I spelled his name wrong the first time). If Taylor can pull his head out of his ass, we should have a good year offensively. We will see what Bo can do with the strong recruiting class that he got this season, in regards to defensive backs, hopefully he can make something of it.
Hopefully we do better in big games this year! I'm not sure what to make of Bo. I keep hearing he doesn't want to be at NU and he really wants to coach in the SEC. I at least want him to stick around till Scott Frost is ready for a HC job.

I'm glad my Bacon Bacon picture brings so much joy to the board. Much better then those man backs I see from Bac.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #707
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hopefully we do better in big games this year! I'm not sure what to make of Bo. I keep hearing he doesn't want to be at NU and he really wants to coach in the SEC. I at least want him to stick around till Scott Frost is ready for a HC job.

I'm glad my Bacon Bacon picture brings so much joy to the board. Much better then those man backs I see from Bac.
This is his last season IMHO, he did a good job with Callahans recruits, but has done jack **** with his own. He has his seniors this season for the first time, so we will see what his recent classes are truly made of.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #708
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
This is his last season IMHO, he did a good job with Callahans recruits, but has done jack **** with his own. He has his seniors this season for the first time, so we will see what his recent classes are truly made of.
I don't know about last year. Zack Darlingtons dad really had amazing things to say about Bo during the recruiting process. I think Bo is starting to get the hang of that part of the game now. Despite his outbursts I think he is overall a pretty good father figure for these kids.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #709
kent156
King of the Ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Brandon Spano ‏@BrandonSpano

Manning throwing at Tony Carter over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Poor guy is getting toasted

bad flashback of roc alexander
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #710
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
bad flashback of roc alexander
At least he's on our side this time
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:07 PM   #711
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver Broncos 2013 Training Camp: Peyton Manning takes over on Day 6

Who Won Today - Montee Ball

It's hard to put into words how much better Montee Ball looked today. It wasn't only his best practice so far - even a moderate practice would have qualified as such. It was a strong, impressive practice from start to finish.

Who Lost Today - Tony Carter

With Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie down, and Champ Bailey sitting out the last few team drills (his reps are being limited this year, presumably because he's, well, old), it was Tony Carter squaring off against Demaryius Thomas for several of the plays during hurry-up and two-minute work.

It wasn't pretty. Manning went after DT and Carter again and again, with success each time.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...ing-takes-over
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #712
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

It's hard to put into words how much better Montee Ball looked today. It wasn't only his best practice so far - even a moderate practice would have qualified as such. It was a strong, impressive practice from start to finish.

With Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie down, and Champ Bailey sitting out the last few team drills (his reps are being limited this year, presumably because he's, well, old), it was Tony Carter squaring off against Demaryius Thomas for several of the plays during hurry-up and two-minute work.

It wasn't pretty. Manning went after DT and Carter again and again, with success each time.

Price will be all over this.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 PM   #713
lolcopter

Tony vs DT? That doesn't sound fair at all haha
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #714
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

none of that is surprising.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM   #715
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:

Aw that's mean.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #716
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Five Thoughts from Day Seven

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-19322f0cf1dd
Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #717
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Tony vs DT? That doesn't sound fair at all haha
nope, but to tony's credit he made julio jones look invisible week 2 last season so he has the talent.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #718
pricejj
jungle

"11 on 11 Red Zone drills. Peyton Manning passes for Joel Dreessen in the End Zone, but it’s broken up by Duke Ihenacho. The next play is a brilliant timing play by Manning and Demaryius Thomas on a quick slant. I saw Peyton throw the ball at a space and Demaryius just showed up in that spot for the catch. From the 5 yard line, Tony Carter is covering Demaryius in the End Zone and Thomas makes the catch, but Duke Ihenacho strips the ball before Demaryius can come down with it."

http://broncoplanet.com/forum/2013-b...ins-log-day-6/

Nacho killing it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #719
pricejj
jungle

Nacho also blew up Montee Ball on the goal line. Lining up as Safety in the box in Dime defense.

Starting along with Rahim Moore. Pretty cool that an SS is actually stepping up. Rahim also had another interception today. Can't wait to see these guys play together.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 PM   #720
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Training Camp Day 6
Jul 31, 2013 -- 8:25pm
By Cecil Lammey

No. 18 Peyton Manning: Every day I get to watch one of the best to ever play the game work his magic. It’s truly a blessing and every day it seems like I’m taking the same notes on Manning. His game is consistent excellence. He did have an overthrow on a deep target to Wes Welker today. Manning will split double teams and isn’t afraid to throw into coverage. There was one pass that was tipped (intended for Welker) and picked off by FS Rahim Moore. Manning throws with amazing touch and is peppering passes all over the field. He was a master in the two minute drill, leading the Broncos 55 yards downfield in four plays. The drive ended with a touchdown pass to WR Demaryius Thomas.

No. 88 Demaryius Thomas: Thomas has been in beast mode from day one, and today was no different. He regularly high points passes and can sky over any defender. QB Peyton Manning has no problem just throwing up a pass for Thomas to go get. He later caught a TD pass over his shoulder in the back of the end zone with CB Omar Bolden and FS Rahim Moore “covering” him. Thomas caught another TD on a quick turn route inside. The Broncos practiced a “tip drill” in the end zone and Thomas was able to secure a tipped catch with one hand raised strongly in the air.

No. 80 Julius Thomas: Thomas is a great weapon for the Broncos to have on offense. He’s going to see single coverage with this group of WRs and can easily take advantage of smaller, less athletic defenders. He was able to beat CB Tony Carter deep for a long gain. Thomas made SS Quinton Carter look silly on a double move that got him open easily. In pass protection drills Thomas held his own against OLB Von Miller. He was also able to push around FS Rahim Moore in pass protection drills.

No. 33 Duke Ihenacho: He’s carried over his strong offseason to training camp. Every day he’s showing fire and attitude. He’s also making a ton of big hits. After practice I asked CB Champ Bailey about what he’s seen from Ihenacho. “His play has been impressive. He is getting better every day. One thing about him is he stayed hungry during the offseason. He had great OTAs and an even better camp. So, I am looking forward to [seeing] him grow a lot more.”

In addition to big hits, Ihenacho was blanketing receivers like TE Joel Dreessen in coverage.

http://denverssportsstation.com/comm...9&post_id=7811
Old 07-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #721
pricejj
jungle

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h Max value on Ryan Lilja 1-year contract is $2.2 million. That would include incentives.

Lilja ain't here to be the back-up.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #722
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 4h Max value on Ryan Lilja 1-year contract is $2.2 million. That would include incentives.

That's a Manning signing all the way.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #723
NorCalBronco7

Quote:
Training Camp Day 6
By Cecil Lammey

No. 80 Julius Thomas: Thomas is a great weapon for the Broncos to have on offense. He’s going to see single coverage with this group of WRs and can easily take advantage of smaller, less athletic defenders. He was able to beat CB Tony Carter deep for a long gain. Thomas made SS Quinton Carter look silly on a double move that got him open easily. In pass protection drills Thomas held his own against OLB Von Miller. He was also able to push around FS Rahim Moore in pass protection drills.

If Julius could just be below average-average at run blocking and pass protection it will help him get more looks on the field. We can all dream.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #724
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Wow, $2.2 million, good for him. If he plays up to that contract Denver will be fine. I love that Denver paid him that. That tells me Bowlen and Elway are all in this season and cost won't be a factor. The Chefs no doubt were lowballing him. Cheapskate ****ers.

In fact the word Cheapskate is officially being changed to Chiefskate.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #725
Bacchus

Quote:
Training Camp Day 6
By Cecil Lammey

No. 18 Peyton Manning: Every day I get to watch one of the best to ever play the game work his magic. It’s truly a blessing and every day it seems like I’m taking the same notes on Manning. His game is consistent excellence. He did have an overthrow on a deep target to Wes Welker today. Manning will split double teams and isn’t afraid to throw into coverage. There was one pass that was tipped (intended for Welker) and picked off by FS Rahim Moore. Manning throws with amazing touch and is peppering passes all over the field. He was a master in the two minute drill, leading the Broncos 55 yards downfield in four plays. The drive ended with a touchdown pass to WR Demaryius Thomas.

No. 88 Demaryius Thomas: Thomas has been in beast mode from day one, and today was no different. He regularly high points passes and can sky over any defender. QB Peyton Manning has no problem just throwing up a pass for Thomas to go get. He later caught a TD pass over his shoulder in the back of the end zone with CB Omar Bolden and FS Rahim Moore “covering” him. Thomas caught another TD on a quick turn route inside. The Broncos practiced a “tip drill” in the end zone and Thomas was able to secure a tipped catch with one hand raised strongly in the air.

No. 33 Duke Ihenacho: He’s carried over his strong offseason to training camp. Every day he’s showing fire and attitude. He’s also making a ton of big hits. After practice I asked CB Champ Bailey about what he’s seen from Ihenacho. “His play has been impressive. He is getting better every day. One thing about him is he stayed hungry during the offseason. He had great OTAs and an even better camp. So, I am looking forward to [seeing] him grow a lot more.”

In addition to big hits, Ihenacho was blanketing receivers like TE Joel Dreessen in coverage.

That is awesome and knowing Denver has a top 5 defense in the NFL and Manning is embarrassing them. It's going to be a great season.