The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #576
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Hey guys, any word about Sly?
Not yet
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #577
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Not yet
I have a feeling he'll just be day-to-day
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #578
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Hey guys, any word about Sly?
All I know is, take all reports with a grain of salt.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #579
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 4m
Hearing that the MRI on Sylvester Williams' knee was negative, and he'll be fine. Williams was hurt midway through Mon. practice. #Broncos

Edit: Haha......gif didn't work.
Attached Images

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #580
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I have a feeling he'll just be day-to-day
From my angle it looked like a negative MRI sort of injury. Just my humble opinion, but definitely a negative MRI type injury from my angle. Things look diffrent from 1700 miles away though, so take that with a grain of salt.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #581
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Here's a margarita take it with a grain of salt;

baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #582
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Here's a Jewish wedding, take it with a grain of salt.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #583
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Hey fellas, anyone see anything out of Tavarres King? Really liked his skillset coming out of Georgia. Not going to make it to camp this year, and want to see if he is going Adrian Madise or Darius Watts in camp.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #584
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Hey fellas, anyone see anything out of Tavarres King? Really liked his skillset coming out of Georgia. Not going to make it to camp this year, and want to see if he is going Adrian Madise or Darius Watts in camp.
From what I have gathered he had a great first day, and has sense come back to earth a little bit. My advice would be to scroll though Cecil Lammey's reports, as he tends to write solely about the offense, and should provide a reasonable observation of his progress.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/...Broncos&id=166
Old 07-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #585
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver Broncos 2013 Training Camp: Alumni reunions on Day Five

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...-training-camp
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #586
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Greg orton is goin Darius watts in camp
Let's see if it transfers under the lights
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #587
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Five Thoughts from Camp Day 5

1. All is well regarding Sylvester Williams. The MRI on his injured knee was negative, he'll be evaluated on a day-to-day basis, and should not miss much time -- excellent news for the Broncos and Williams, who had another strong morning, particularly in pass-rush drills.
Williams had the upper hand in his duels with second-year offensive lineman Philip Blake, first beating him with a rip move around the upper body. They were brought back together to duel again seconds later, and although Blake did a better job holding his ground, Williams still managed to push him three yards back of the line of scrimmage.
What impresses me most about Williams is that his quickness isn't just limited to his first step. His upper-body moves are equally fast, which leaves the offensive lineman scrambling to maintain his balance and position. It's tough for an offensive lineman to recover when Williams combines a burst with a rip or swim move, and the chain-reaction can also open up possibilities for blitzing linebackers.
The caliber of Williams' competition will get tougher, but the early signs are encouraging.

Defensive end Quanterus Smith continues to fare well in one-on-ones; he continues to work on his rip and swim moves to the inside, complementing the raw speed he can display on the flank. The next step is for him to generate pressure more consistently in the team periods

4. Consistency is an issue with a young quarterback still being refined, and that's the case with Brock Osweiler. But every day, he delivers at least one pitch-perfect, high-level professional pass -- which happened when he found Greg Orton near the left sideline. It was delivered with zip, was thrown to Orton's outside shoulder, and was virtually impossible to defend.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-057a89c51263
Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #588
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Tavarres King ‏@TKUnoDos

Went up against Champ today for the first time! The man is the TRUTH! I look forward to him making me better all season!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #589
pricejj
jungle

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 7h “@RyClev: @dmac1043 Duke has a shot at starting next to Moore?”yep
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #590
pricejj
jungle

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 11h Sylvester Williams is having another great day. This guy looks like he's the real deal. Hillman basically taking day off from contact.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #591
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
King was one of my favorite WR's I watched during the senior bowl. He had good moves in the red zone.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #592
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I hate Dmac. He knows nothing.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM   #593
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Take him with a grain of salt.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #594
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Five Thoughts from Camp Day 5

1. All is well regarding Sylvester Williams. The MRI on his injured knee was negative, he'll be evaluated on a day-to-day basis, and should not miss much time -- excellent news for the Broncos and Williams, who had another strong morning, particularly in pass-rush drills.
Williams had the upper hand in his duels with second-year offensive lineman Philip Blake, first beating him with a rip move around the upper body. They were brought back together to duel again seconds later, and although Blake did a better job holding his ground, Williams still managed to push him three yards back of the line of scrimmage.
What impresses me most about Williams is that his quickness isn't just limited to his first step. His upper-body moves are equally fast, which leaves the offensive lineman scrambling to maintain his balance and position. It's tough for an offensive lineman to recover when Williams combines a burst with a rip or swim move, and the chain-reaction can also open up possibilities for blitzing linebackers.
The caliber of Williams' competition will get tougher, but the early signs are encouraging.

Defensive end Quanterus Smith continues to fare well in one-on-ones; he continues to work on his rip and swim moves to the inside, complementing the raw speed he can display on the flank. The next step is for him to generate pressure more consistently in the team periods

4. Consistency is an issue with a young quarterback still being refined, and that's the case with Brock Osweiler. But every day, he delivers at least one pitch-perfect, high-level professional pass -- which happened when he found Greg Orton near the left sideline. It was delivered with zip, was thrown to Orton's outside shoulder, and was virtually impossible to defend.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...e-057a89c51263
That is exactly what his draft report said. Extremely quick and fast he just lacks the closing speed to get a great number of sacks, but that is OK. He collapses to pocket and gets penetration. Miller, Wolfe, (damn it sure would nice to be able to say Doom), Phillips will get the easy sacks he caused.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #595
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
When I want reliable Broncos info I go to the man with the source. Incarcerated Bob. Expect Jeff Saturday to get a call from Manning. Its a lock that sometime Manning will call him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #596
Bacchus

Quote:
That cannot be true because he knows twice as much as Al Wilson.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #597
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 11h Sylvester Williams is having another great day. This guy looks like he's the real deal. Hillman basically taking day off from contact.
Regarding Hilman, I honestly don't know if I should be concerned or just relieved that coaches are pacing him.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #598
pricejj
jungle

Big Al and Dmac wouldn't say on the radio, but took a long silence when talking about Chris Kuper. Big Al says he doesn't know that he comes back this year. Sounds lke he's still limping around camp. All they said was that they "feel bad for him".

Sounds a little....ummm yeahhhhh.

.................................................. .................................................. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Regarding Hilman, I honestly don't know if I should be concerned or just relieved that coaches are pacing him.
Speculation that they know what they have in Ronnie (Starter), and gave Montee Ball a whole bunch of looks in 9-7's to try to get him in the flow a little bit. Hillman feels, sounds, and looks good.

M Ball hasn't shown much of anything in the run game. Pretty much a bunch of 3 yard runs (at best), with one 5 yard run. Just trying to get Montee's feet under him.

In M Ball's blog post (today) he remarked about how much faster the NFL is. Yeah, it ain't the Big 10, Montee.

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Speculation that Von missed the drug test because he was on the USO tour. A player can reschedule tests, or let the NFL know what they are doing, which he did not do.

Broncos kept it confidential. Von's people leaked that he was appealing, to the press.

Maybe it was a ploy by Von's people to try to pre-emptively win public support. Especially now that pretty much all the details of the case have been leaked, with the Broncos publicly lobbying that they don't expect that he'll be suspended.

.................................................. .................................................. .

Word on the light rail is that Terrance Knighton is just a bigger version of Justin Bannan (1st down player). Labors a lot while running, not a power guy, not a pocket collapser, just a big guy, hard to move.

Last edited by pricejj; 07-29-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #599
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Speculation that they know what they have in Ronnie (Starter), and gave Montee Ball a whole bunch of looks in 9-7's to try to get him in the flow a little bit. Hillman feels, sounds, and looks good.

M Ball hasn't shown much of anything in the run game. Pretty much a bunch of 3 yard runs (at best), with one 5 yard run. Just trying to get Montee's feet under him.

In M Ball's blog post (today) he remarked about how much faster the NFL is. Yeah, it ain't the Big 10, Montee.
Ok, that makes sense.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #600
pricejj
jungle

According to Lindsay Jones, Andre Caldwell says the Broncos players call Demaryius Thomas, 'Juggernaut'.

Klis reports that Matt Prater is changing his mechanics (thank you baby jesus).