The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #426
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Fred is clearly going to make the cover of GQ if he continues to dress like this.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #427
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

As a grumpy old man, Baja, is there a better job on earth than getting paid to tell people to get off your lawn. Lets face it, everyone is jealous of Fred, and his fashion sense is just one more snub at those mangy kids that try and cut through his yard.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #428
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
As a grumpy old man, Baja, is there a better job on earth than getting paid to tell people to get off your lawn. Lets face it, everyone is jealous of Fred, and his fashion sense is just one more snub at those mangy kids that try and cut through his yard.

Busted! I'm wrought with jealously over what Fred gets to do.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #429
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Fred is a legend. SoCal -- post the you are banned Fred picture.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #430
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Denver Broncos 2013 Training Camp: Dark clouds hang over Day Four

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...ay-four-report
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 PM   #431
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Five Thoughts from Day Four

"Case in point: linebacker Danny Trevathan, who along with cornerback Chris Harris is arguably the most important depth-chart "backup" on the roster. It was Trevathan's play in the nickel package alongside Wesley Woodyard that helped make releasing D.J. Williams possible, and he's built on that during OTAs, minicamp and training camp. He's been more aggressive since pads went on Saturday, and has responded with some solid hits -- and an interception of Brock Osweiler on Sunday when he out-leapt Montee Ball for a pass in the back left corner of the end zone.
"He plays like a grown man out there," Woodyard said"

"Every day, Julius Thomas does something to show his athleticism. Sunday, it was a catch during seven-on-seven drills in which he snared a pass from Brock Osweiler with David Bruton in tight coverage while managing to spin around and keep his balance to get his feet down.
The third-year tight end is extremely fluid for his size, and does a great job keeping his balance and momentum even while changing direction or by ducking low to avoid an upper-body shot, as he did late in the practice following a reception from Osweiler.
Day in, day out dating back to OTAs, Julius Thomas' performance bellows, "Play me." Preseason games will reveal more, since his experience is so scant, but on the practice field this week, Thomas looks elite -- and, when paired with three 1,000-yard receivers, presents further matchup problems for defenses that will struggle to adequately cover so many targets that Manning trusts.

Read more at http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-89a42c54a13b
Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #432
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

"Case in point: linebacker Danny Trevathan, who along with cornerback Chris Harris is arguably the most important depth-chart "backup" on the roster. It was Trevathan's play in the nickel package alongside Wesley Woodyard that helped make releasing D.J. Williams possible, and he's built on that during OTAs, minicamp and training camp. He's been more aggressive since pads went on Saturday, and has responded with some solid hits -- and an interception of Brock Osweiler on Sunday when he out-leapt Montee Ball for a pass in the back left corner of the end zone.

"Later he had a "sack" on Osweiler in 11-on-11's and a handful of tackles in running back nine-on-seven work."

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-d...ay-four-report

Big day for Trevathan. Gaining a ton of respect from his teammates.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #433
kent156
King of the Ants

no tweets on how nate irving is doing at MLB
kent156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #434
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

"Every day, Julius Thomas does something to show his athleticism. Sunday, it was a catch during seven-on-seven drills in which he snared a pass from Brock Osweiler with David Bruton in tight coverage while managing to spin around and keep his balance to get his feet down.
The third-year tight end is extremely fluid for his size, and does a great job keeping his balance and momentum even while changing direction or by ducking low to avoid an upper-body shot, as he did late in the practice following a reception from Osweiler.
Day in, day out dating back to OTAs, Julius Thomas' performance bellows, "Play me." Preseason games will reveal more, since his experience is so scant, but on the practice field this week, Thomas looks elite -- and, when paired with three 1,000-yard receivers, presents further matchup problems for defenses that will struggle to adequately cover so many targets that Manning trusts.

Read more at http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-89a42c54a13b
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #435
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent156 View Post
no tweets on how nate irving is doing at MLB
I'd like to know too, but maybe that is a good thing. You know, a "no news is good news" sort of thing.
R8R H8R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #436
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I haven't been to camp yet this year, but I have been the past couple of years.

Julius Thomas always shines in TC. Really one of the best practice receivers on the team. I hope he can live up to potential on the field. He gets a bit of a pass because of injury, but it's time for him to step up.
This comment is annoying. First off, it's Julius's third season. Last preseason/tc he was hurt and didn't show much at all. So in this case "always" was one preseason and a few practices this year

People act like he's been impressing in camp for the last five years only to be a useless healthy scratch come the regular season. I'm not claiming hell be a pro bowler, but this claim that he's an annual tease is wrong
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #437
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This comment is annoying. First off, it's Julius's third season. Last preseason/tc he was hurt and didn't show much at all. So in this case "always" was one preseason and a few practices this year

People act like he's been impressing in camp for the last five years only to be a useless healthy scratch come the regular season. I'm not claiming hell be a pro bowler, but this claim that he's an annual tease is wrong
This is spot on. I'm looking forward to him staying healthy and proving idiots wrong.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #438
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
This is spot on. I'm looking forward to him staying healthy and proving idiots wrong.
I wouldn't call them idiots. Forgive them for thinking 1 rec for 5 yards over 2 years doesnt equal a pro bowler, let alone a serviceable player.

He shows up this year and contributes he can solidify himself as a productive bronco.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-28-2013 at 08:26 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #439
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I wouldn't call them idiots. Forgive them for thinking 1 rec for 5 yards over 2 years equals a pro bowler, let alone a serviceable player.

He shows up this year and contributes he can solidify himself as a productive bronco.
i think the idiots part has more to do with constantly acting as though he's been fully healthy and just plain sucked instead of being hurt and not able to fully show his talent.
than what you were commenting on.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #440
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I've seen quite a TD highlights with Bruton in tow. Adams seems to be fairing equally as well. Wonder if Nacho can ball?
Old 07-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #441
Bmore Manning

I heard Nacho was balling!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #442
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Day 4 report
Jul 28, 2013 -- 7:55pm
By Cecil Lammey

http://denverssportsstation.com/comm...9&post_id=7711

No. 80 Julius Thomas: Thomas made an outstanding TD catch over FS Rahim Moore. He spun around in the air while reaching above Moore to secure the catch. Thomas is getting plenty of first team reps, but whatís funny is that heís getting plenty of work with the second and third team as well. I think thatís just the teamís way of jump starting Thomas and giving him the experience heís missed out on during his pro career. With Thomas filling in there is a limit on reps for guys like Virgil Green and Jake OíConnell. He had another great catch where he spun around to nab a catch that was put behind him by QB Brock Osweiler. Late in practice Dysert put a pass to high and out of reach for the big basketball player in the back of the end zone

No. 92 Sylvester Williams: The rookie had the play of the day today. He was locked up with LG Zane Beadles when Williams decided to just throw him (straight down) to the ground. Williams showed incredible upper body strength to rag doll such a big man. He also showed a great punch and hand fighting when going up against C Dan Koppen in the pit. Later in team drills Williams was able to get middle pressure and harass QB Peyton Manning

No. 59 Danny Trevathan: He intercepted a pass intended for RB Montee Ball. The pass was thrown by QB Brock Osweiler. After practice OLB Von Miller commented on Trevathanís play. ďEspecially in coverage, heís made huge strides from year one to year two. I think heís poised to have a great season this year.Ē

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 07-28-2013 at 08:35 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #443
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i think the idiots part has more to do with constantly acting as though he's been fully healthy and just plain sucked instead of being hurt and not able to fully show his talent.
than what you were commenting on.
The lack of time on the field(injury) is the reason for 1 for 5. But that can be seen as a problem. IMO this is the year that we'll know if he can stay on the field and produce, or stay off the field and be labeled injury prone. DT turned it around and has stayed healthy Julius can too. He's been showing alot so far so its gonna be interesting to see
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #444
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I heard Nacho was balling!
There's footage of #33 getting a pick six on Manning at DB.com from today's practice.

And Beadles is getting handled by Sly Williams. Super weak up the middle.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #445
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I wouldn't call them idiots. Forgive them for thinking 1 rec for 5 yards over 2 years doesnt equal a pro bowler, let alone a serviceable player.

Rod Smith's first season he had 6 catches and had 22 over his first two seasons, nothing that said "pro bowler" and yet by his 3rd season he was helping the Broncos win a SB with 70 catches and 12 TD's......sometimes all a player needs is a chance.

Last edited by errand; 07-28-2013 at 09:37 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #446
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Rod Smith's first season he had 6 catches and had 22 over his first two seasons, nothing that said "pro bowler" and yet by his 3rd season he was helping the Broncos win a SB with 70 catches and 12 TD's......sometimes all a player needs is a chance.
I do agree. This will be the 3rd so its a real test IMO. Like I said earlier so far he's doing everything he needs to do to have a productive season. I think recieving wise he's gonna be a threat that opens up the field don't know about his blocking though.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #447
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
There's footage of #33 getting a pick six on Manning at DB.com from today's practice.

guess we need to buy a program so we'll know who #33 is......

And Beadles is getting handled by Sly Williams. Super weak up the middle.

I recall a time when Shannon Sharpe use to abuse our defense in practice.....the coaching staff told the D not to worry as nobody had a TE like Sharpe
in bold
Old 07-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #448
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I do agree. This will be the 3rd so its a real test IMO. Like I said earlier so far he's doing everything he needs to do to have a productive season. I think recieving wise he's gonna be a threat that opens up the field don't know about his blocking though.
Shannon Sharpe wasn't much of a blocker early in his career but he was very valuable non the less.

Last edited by baja; 07-28-2013 at 09:50 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #449
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sharpe was an adequate blocker, but not a good one, but was a nightmare to cover as he was too fast for LB's and too big for DB's.....

I'm thinking the coaching staff can live with another bad to adequate blocker/great receiver if he stays healthy and produces.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #450
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Sharpe was an adequate blocker, but not a good one, but was a nightmare to cover as he was too fast for LB's and too big for DB's.....

I'm thinking the coaching staff can live with another bad to adequate blocker/great receiver if he stays healthy and produces.
If he does pan out to be a threat it's amazing to see how many weapons manning has. Defenses will have serious problems trying to cover everyone. Gase has alot to play with.