The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default Mark Anderson

MT @buffalobills: #Bills DE Mark Anderson released http://ow.ly/nfznx

Missed much of last year, but had 10 sacks for the Pats 2 years ago.
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
SlyEli

He would be a quality signing. I remember him shutting tebow's read option down a couple years ago
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Tim

I remember his rookie season being great then not hearing about him again till the NE vs NY Super Bowl. If he can't hack it in buffalo he can't hack it.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I remember his rookie season being great then not hearing about him again till the NE vs NY Super Bowl. If he can't hack it in buffalo he can't hack it.
he was hurt, they have some guys around that fill that spot for alot less... plus Buffalo needs money to sign guys coming up like Byrd, and they are a team that is rebuilding, again, so Anderson was a luxury at pass rusher.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #5
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

The move comes as a small surprise. Anderson signed a four-year, $19.5 million contract that included $8 million guaranteed last offseason. The Bills are eating an additional $500,000 by releasing him this year. After posting just one sack in five games last season, Anderson was expected to get another shot under the new regime. Instead, the Bills are wiping their hands clean. Jerry Hughes might be the new favorite to anchor one edge of the defense opposite Mario Williams. Anderson joins John Abraham on the free-agent end market.
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Med called it.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Anderson is a poor man's Dummerville, I wouldn't mind seeing him come in cheap especially now that we could lose Von for 4 games.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
The.Underdog

Mark Anderson would be a decent low risk signing to play the 4-3 DE. However, I think we would wait until mid training camp to see what we have at the position. Their are a lot of unknowns at the position.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #9
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

bring him in. definitely would help the pass rush with Von out for 4 games and even when he comes back you can add him in the mix and spell guys.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Definitely a guy who might make sense, depending on his demands.

A good 3rd down situational player, at least.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

This would be freakin hilarious for me personally. Mark is one of the few NFL players I have known personally. I trained him in some Judo between the draft and his rookie training camp. He was going to Chicago, but I let him know from the beginning that I was a big Broncos fan.

A Mark Anderson signed football is actually the only non-Bronco item in my football "shrine." It would be hilarious to see him in Orange and Blue (personally). Also, he has been pretty damn lucky to land with some great programs in his career. I remember his first sack rookie year was actually against Favre, and he was the only Chicago Bear to sack Manning when they played the Colts in the Superbowl.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
DENVERDUI55

I remember Mark Anderson from the predraft workouts. They were talking about OL prospects and the DE that was going up against them was making them look silly. I was like who is that Alabama DE and it was Anderson.