The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #701
Drunken.Broncoholic

Apparently no ones invited him to tailgate.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #702
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You can see me on my profile pick with Champ.

Some problems with your theory:
1. ALL Broncos fans are inherently cool.
2. Most people on this board are real freaking cool, and would be awesome to hang-out and watch a Broncos game with.
2. Some day you'll realize that most dudes who have their stuff together are all cool in their own right. And that most people older than you know a lot more than you do. You'd be surprised how much you could learn by just having a conversation with a random 50 year old guy.

Honestly, have you ever met a Broncos fan that you didn't like? I haven't.
Ive seen ur pic with champ. I like you as a poster, ur smart and stick to what u believe in which usually is against the grain of the masses. I respect that. I like ur capology posts theyre inciteful and take time.

I live in pa . Not many broncos fans around here. In person i do like most fans. However the arrogant pussies hiding behind there comps on here . Aside from requiem and bmore manning . I think are annoying and generally dislike
Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #703
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The Ravens have lost too much talent. The Giants...yeah we could lose that...but both....that's a stretch.
I don't think you're giving the Ravens enough credit for what they've done to fill their voids on D. Ngata playing down all year long due to an injury. On O the only big loss was Boldin.

They're not as good as they were last year, but I don't think the drop off is what people are expecting.

On the flip side without Von and Doom vs them, that's huge on D.

Hopefully we get out of TC/PS with no injuries.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #704
Bmore Manning

Quote:
The Ravens have lost too much talent. The Giants...yeah we could lose that...but both....that's a stretch.
Baltimores Defense is massively upgraded in the front seven.

Ngata takes over at NT for the pathetic Cody, Haloti will be a force there. Canty will play DE which is a good fit for him in that hybrid scheme, he had success in NY stopping the run and generating pass rush as a DT, which essentially will be his role again.

We all know Doom upgrades Kruger. Daryl Smith was a big time signing for the Ravens at ILB, I really wish we had pursued him, bacon bacon knows what I'm talking about. Webb coming back from injury is Bigggg.

That defense was living off of reputation with Lewis and Reed, their play was diminishing. But you always had to account for both players which is significant. But this years D will be younger and faster, where we can take advantage is their short comings in football IQ as there is no longer their General on the field to put players in the position to be successful.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #705
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post

Ngata takes over at NT for the pathetic Cody, Haloti will be a force there. Canty will play DE which is a good fit for him in that hybrid scheme, he had success in NY stopping the run and generating pass rush as a DT, which essentially will be his role again.

We all know Doom upgrades Kruger. Daryl Smith was a big time signing for the Ravens at ILB, I really wish we had pursued him, bacon bacon knows what I'm talking about. Webb coming back from injury is Bigggg.

That defense was living off of reputation with Lewis and Reed, their play was diminishing. But you always had to account for both players which is significant. But this years D will be younger and faster, where we can take advantage is their short comings in football IQ as there is no longer their General on the field to put players in the position to be successful.
The game isn't even going to be close. Having Baltimore open in Denver was the biggest gift the league could have given the Broncos after that joke of a game in the playoffs. Denver is going to be possessed.....Peyton is going to be possessed.

Possibly the game I am least worried about on the schedule
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #706
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
The game isn't even going to be close. Having Baltimore open in Denver was the biggest gift the league could have given the Broncos after that joke of a game in the playoffs. Denver is going to be possessed.....Peyton is going to be possessed.

Possibly the game I am least worried about on the schedule

It was a joke karma gods!!!
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #707
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

This is my things in regards to the Ravens... Was Ray Lewis decent last year? Maybe, dealt with injuries but make no mistake that when he came back from injury the team regained the swagger, heart and soul right when they started their push to the SB.

You might find some one as big, fast etc as Ray... but losing the heart and soul on a Defence should be not be foreign here... like when we lost Al Wilson.

Losing your 1st down guy in Bolden, the guy that makes defences respect the mid passing game allowing Smith to go up to is going to be huge.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #708
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post

This. Anyone who thinks Baltimore will be terrible, is fooling themselves.

As you said, healthy Suggs (injured last year), healthy Ngata (injured last year), Webb (out last year) is back, and oh yeah....they have Doom.

This defense will still be VERY good.....and as you say, possible better than last year.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:28 AM   #709
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Losing Von could put Denver in an 0-2 hole to start the season. Ravens and Giants aren't exactly bad teams.
Considering the strength of the rest of the division, losing the first 2 games wouldn't mean much.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #710
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Guys really try to keep some perspective. I think the important thing to focus on in this whole Von Miller thing is that g6matty is back!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #711
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Obviously losing Von sucks, but in a way I'm intrigued to see how our D does without him. Can they maintain a high level of play? Remember when he hurt his finger in 2011? The defense's performance just nosedived.

Will that happen again? I'd like to think not, but I don't know. We're a much better unit overall than we were then in terms of depth of talent, but outside of Von and Doom we've lacked real impact players. Woodyard stepped up last year, hopefully he can continue making plays. But we need another star to break out in the front seven. Hopefully Sly can be an impact player right away, but rookie DT's rarely are. I love Wolfe, but does he have the tools to be more than just 'good'? Ayers finally putting it all together seems unlikely, maybe Jackson?

I'm confident the dark days are behind us in terms of some of the absolutely embarrassing D's we had a few years back, especially with Del Rio still here. Being just solid on D will be enough to win most games with how good I expect our O to be. But come January having a front seven that can really cause havoc would make me feel a lot better about our Superbowl chances.

That Ravens game, with Flacco standing back there checking his text messages in the pocket before casually looking up and completing a pass, will haunt me for a while. It showed us that when Von isn't at his best we're still a mediocre defense. We need some of the young guys to step up, hopefully someone can do that while he's out.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #712
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
This. Anyone who thinks Baltimore will be terrible, is fooling themselves.

As you said, healthy Suggs (injured last year), healthy Ngata (injured last year), Webb (out last year) is back, and oh yeah....they have Doom.

This defense will still be VERY good.....and as you say, possible better than last year.
Maybe, but their offense will be bad. I suspect very bad. Flacco got on a lucky streak in the playoffs with an unusual number of low percentage bombs completed, but without Boldin and an overall mediocre (at best) receiving corps, he will turn back into the pumpkin he really is this season.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #713
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Maybe, but their offense will be bad. I suspect very bad. Flacco got on a lucky streak in the playoffs with an unusual number of low percentage bombs completed, but without Boldin and an overall mediocre (at best) receiving corps, he will turn back into the pumpkin he really is this season.
I hope you're right. But week 1 makes me nervous. We had no pass rush in the playoff game WITH Von and Doom. Now we've got neither for this game.

Flacco can sit back and throw deep once again. Champ isn't getting any faster.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #714
yerner
Ring of Famer

The age of Quanterus. What's the deal with this guy? Is he going to play preseason? I'm going to hype him and Jackson. Screw this Beal dude.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #715
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nah. Ray Rice, Pierce are going to pound the rock. And they got the two tight ends coming into their own. Speed on the outside with Smith. It's still a very dangerous team when they are playing well.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #716
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

How quickly people forget week 15 last season....and that it took a miracle in the Playoffs.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #717
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
How quickly people forget week 15 last season....and that it took a miracle in the Playoffs.
well, week 15 was an aberration. week one will probably be close. either team can win. but to assume the ravens are going to roll over is just as silly as reading too much into week 15's game.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #718
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Nah. Ray Rice, Pierce are going to pound the rock. And they got the two tight ends coming into their own. Speed on the outside with Smith. It's still a very dangerous team when they are playing well.
They didn't have a good offense most of last season and they won't this season either. The main reason is because Flacco just isn't very good.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:39 AM   #719
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
well, week 15 was an aberration. week one will probably be close. either team can win. but to assume the ravens are going to roll over is just as silly as reading too much into week 15's game.
You're wrong. The playoff game was the aberration. Refs giving the Ravens every call, Flacco completing a few low percentage bombs including the Hail Mary at the end of regulation, Bailey playing poor after a great season, unusually cold weather, etc.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #720
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
They didn't have a good offense most of last season and they won't this season either. The main reason is because Flacco just isn't very good.
I think cam had something to do with that.

I just hope this isn't the 3rd season in a row a Fox led broncos team doesn't come out the gate slow in the first few games.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #721
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Week 15 was a much better indicator of the quality of our team than the playoff game. Losing one OT game on essentially a hail mary as your first loss in 10 games is the very definition of an aberration.

Baltimore isn't going to roll over....I just think Denver is the better team and they are going to be more motivated
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM   #722
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
You can see me on my profile pick with Champ.

Some problems with your theory:
1. ALL Broncos fans are inherently cool.
2. Most people on this board are real freaking cool, and would be awesome to hang-out and watch a Broncos game with.
2. Some day you'll realize that most dudes who have their stuff together are all cool in their own right. And that most people older than you know a lot more than you do. You'd be surprised how much you could learn by just having a conversation with a random 50 year old guy.

Honestly, have you ever met a Broncos fan that you didn't like? I haven't.
I have definitely met bronco fans I didn't like. They were all early 20's with flat bill hats. You know the white boy wish I was a thug kid.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #723
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Agreed. I bet Peyton is pissed about that Giants game. Get in his face Peyton.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #724
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Losing Von could put Denver in an 0-2 hole to start the season. Ravens and Giants aren't exactly bad teams.
Sure they could but not very likely. In fact I could pick any 2 games outside of KC and Oakland games and say Denver could lose the 2 games.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #725
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The NFL is targeting mid-August as an appeal date for Von Miller's four-game suspension.
It's rumored Miller was suspended four games for testing positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season in 2011, and then a recent positive test for MDMA powder known as "Molly." He insists he's done nothing wrong. The NFL will be sure to get this case resolved before the regular season starts.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

It appears positive marijuana test, not amphetamine, in 2011 put Von Miller in NFL substance program. Details:
Under league policy, had the amphetamine been classified as a performance-enhancing drug (PED), Miller would have been suspended on the spot. The fact he wasn't likely means either the amphetamine was classified as a non-PED substance, or Miller had a pre-existing condition that allowed him to use the amphetamine. Miller is asthmatic.
But then there's the positive test for marijuana in 2011. A first offense is not deemed punishable by fine or suspension. The cause of Miller's recent alleged violation of the league's substance-abuse policy has been kept confidential. It's possible to be in violation of the drug policy without having a positive sample. Missing a scheduled test, for instance, counts as a violation of league's drug policy.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote