The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #626
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Im shocked at how some of you are acting.

SURE he made a bad mistake, and honestly im pissed that he did it but HE IS OUR BEST PLAYER(given that he can be a threat for 10+ years, Manning has maybe 2-3 years at most)

Im not going to turn my back on him for one mistake, Hell when i was in undergrad I got 2 drinking tickets, I SHOULD have learned on my first ticket, but being in a frat and 20 years old leads to dumb mistakes so i didnt really make the changes or realize how dumb i was being until 2-3 years later....

He is a young multi-millionaire that made a mistake and you know what I think this is the kind of wake up call he needed. Sure he should have known to stop after his 1st failed test but 4 games is very little if this turns him around for the next 10 years....
I am not in the cut or trade him category, not even close. For me personally, this is disappointing...that is the best word I can use here. Von is/was a bright spot for the franchise and fan base after a rough couple of years when it was pretty miserable. Not only was he the best defensive player on the team, until last year he was probably the best player overall on the team.

I broke my rookie rule on jerseys and got his when he was drafted, because he seems like a good kid and a hard worker on top of being a dominant player. As lame as it sounds, this I just take a little personally I guess. Almost like seeing one of your kids do something that doesn't necessarily piss you off but rather disappoints you because you know that they know better, and are better than what they did. I am sure I will get made fun of for that, but hey whatever.

Most of all, we are knee deep in a Super Bowl or bust mode and we absolutely need our top defensive player to keep his head out of his ass on and off the field. It's almost a betrayal, and I hope that we all stand behind the kid to get some help and figure out what's important. I am sure his team mates are disappointed, but standing behind him as well for the same reasons.

Oh well, is what it is...time to move on. The whole thing makes me sick though.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #627
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post

Remember this guy? Remember how we traded him because we thought another suspension was just around the corner? This guy is 10 times the bonehead that Von Miller will ever be and if he can keep his nose (officially) clean, so can Von. Anyone seriously wanting to trade Von at this point is failing to overlook their frustration with him. Sure, he made a stupid decision, probably a few. It was selfish and now that he is going to be suspended at least a game or 3 I think it will finally sink in for him. Peyton will talk to him. Champ will give him the heads up on how to go around the system, also give him a stern talk. You know that Elway, Fox, and Del Rio are going to be in his ass. I actually think this will make him a better player. If he was distracted in the past with all the off the field fun and he straightens up and gets serious, look the **** out. Consider this a wake up call, Von.
I'm really just posing this question from a logical point of view. If you could have Von with the risk of being suspended for a year with one more misstep or 2 first round picks and a second, what would you take? I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think it is out of the question to think about.

In a perfect world, Von plays his entire career with the Broncos, this never comes up again and he goes to the HOF.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #628
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
I'm really just posing this question from a logical point of view. If you could have Von with the risk of being suspended for a year with one more misstep or 2 first round picks and a second, what would you take? I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think it is out of the question to think about.

In a perfect world, Von plays his entire career with the Broncos, this never comes up again and he goes to the HOF.
von in a heartbeat. he's already a proven commodity, and the draft is too much of a crap shoot to gamble away known value, despite the inherent risk.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #629
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Well this is my logic on not trading him...

1) There is a possibility we get an Aaron Curry instead of a Von Miller

2) We could get a solid player but not a superstar you build around like a Von Miller

3)We Get picks that are not in the same draft and then run out of time with Peyton while these picks develope

4)We draft a player(s) that ends up getting in the same trouble as Von..
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #630
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm very disappointed in Miller to say the least. Failing a drug test is bad enough, but to apparently do it more than once is ridiculous. He will have a lot to repay this franchise that is paying him a lot of money and when his contract is up. I don't see the Broncos trading him this soon and at his age, but he better clean his act up. He hurt the team and seems bringing in Manning didn't quite turn the light on that they are going for a championship. Basically, when players do this, they are selfish and couldn't care less about the rest of the team or the fans. Miller needs to grow up.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #631
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
von in a heartbeat. he's already a proven commodity, and the draft is too much of a crap shoot to gamble away known value, despite the inherent risk.
If they were 2 in the top 10 and a high 2nd it would make me think about it. But probably still say no.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #632
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If they were 2 in the top 10 and a high 2nd it would make me think about it. But probably still say no.
that would be a regretful move 99 times out of 100

von is 10x more talented with more potential at his position that any other clown we've traded away in the past few years. this is a generational defensive player we have on our hands here. unfortunately, he can also be somewhat boneheaded, but the payoff should still be immense.

if he's truly as good as his potential implies, he will quickly learn from and move on from these mistakes.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #633
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
that would be a regretful move 99 times out of 100

von is 10x more talented with more potential at his position that any other clown we've traded away in the past few years. this is a generational defensive player we have on our hands here. unfortunately, he can also be somewhat boneheaded, but the payoff should still be immense.

if he's truly as good as his potential implies, he will quickly learn from and move on from these mistakes.

exactly... all the picks in the world dont matter if they dont pan out... think about how different it would have been if the Colts got Leaf etc....

Having picks and getting busts doesnt do anything but set you back.

Having 1 pick and getting Von Miller is priceless, because he could have been an Aaron Curry...
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #634
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Unfortunately it's very early in his career for him to be in stage 3. He is going to have to quit the weed for good or else be walking on eggshells for the next 10 years. In stage 3 you can be randomly tested up to 10 times a month. He will never again have any window to smoke weed. So if he continues to smoke weed, he will get popped again.

Chad Brown ‏@chadbrown94 20h
This shows me 1 of 2 things. U didn't read or understand the rules OR you don't have the will power to stop. Both of those are bad

Chad Brown ‏@chadbrown94 20h
Yes,once U are in the program, U can be tested as many as ten times a month. Randomly. The key is to NEVER get in the program
The whole program for testing is included in the PLAYBOOK each year. It should never be a mystery.

https://twitter.com/chadbrown94
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #635
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

The difference between Marshall and Von is pretty clear. Marshall is just a dick and seems like a bad kid, Von just needs calibrated a little I am guessing but we will see. I don't see Von as a bad kid at all though.

The franchise will get behind him, as should the fan base. Now...if he does this again, it's another story.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #636
Drunken.Broncoholic

Never be able to smoke again. That's pretty hard for someone who's been doing it for a long time.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #637
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I'm very disappointed in Miller to say the least. Failing a drug test is bad enough, but to apparently do it more than once is ridiculous. He will have a lot to repay this franchise that is paying him a lot of money and when his contract is up. I don't see the Broncos trading him this soon and at his age, but he better clean his act up. He hurt the team and seems bringing in Manning didn't quite turn the light on that they are going for a championship. Basically, when players do this, they are selfish and couldn't care less about the rest of the team or the fans. Miller needs to grow up.
Very well said
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #638
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
The difference between Marshall and Von is pretty clear. Marshall is just a dick and seems like a bad kid, Von just needs calibrated a little I am guessing but we will see. I don't see Von as a bad kid at all though.

The franchise will get behind him, as should the fan base. Now...if he does this again, it's another story.
I disagree, Marshall seems to be a pretty likable guy. He is a good teammate, dedicated to being the best. My take on him is he has anger problems and problems with women stemming probably from a fatherless childhood.

Von seems like a good guy he just likes his chronic.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #639
lolcopter

Quote:
Never be able to smoke again. That's pretty hard for someone who's been doing it for a long time.
Not really, you just stop.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #640
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Von would be in stage 2 of the abuse program, which means he has to stay clean for 24 months or 2 NFL seasons (whichever is shorter) and then he will leave the program and not be subject to increased testing.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #641
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I disagree, Marshall seems to be a pretty likable guy. He is a good teammate, dedicated to being the best. My take on him is he has anger problems and problems with women stemming probably from a fatherless childhood.

Von seems like a good guy he just likes his chronic.
He has a mental disorder similar to but less severe than manic depression. He has extreme mood swings which can lead to violent outbursts, acts of depression or mild manic behaviour. Now that he is getting therapy he should be able to get all his chickens in line and live a normal life. This is not an excuse for him to do what he has done, he should have had treatment earlier in his life.

Von is an intelligent guy, I think things have come easy for him in many ways, he is a big guy, obviously a physical specimen in the top 1% of the the top 1% in the world, he is articulate and outgoing and has succeeded wildly at every level of competition. Some people need a wake-up call, this could hopefully be his - he is motivated and I think the threat that someone could take all of it away from him would be enough to make refocus and be more careful.

As for trading Von, I think that is a hugely bad idea. With a suspension looming, pending appeal, his trade value is not going to be nearly as high as it should be for one of the 5 best players in the league (and one of the youngest) and I am saying right now that a Von Miller who plays for 12 games is worth more than 99% of the players in the NFL playing 16 games and if we get some draft picks we are much more likely to just get some of those 99% rather than the top 1%.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #642
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Not really, you just stop.
I'm not talking from an addiction standpoint. More like a natural habit. Like what hand you wipe your ass with. Or which way you put pants on. If it was that easy for him to stop don't you think he wouldve done that after the first time?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #643
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Von would be in stage 2 of the abuse program, which means he has to stay clean for 24 months or 2 NFL seasons (whichever is shorter) and then he will leave the program and not be subject to increased testing.
Then what is Chad brown talking about in gutless post? I thought this is a 3rd infraction for substance.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #644
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

I think Von is as good as gone from NFL..He will definitely get caught again and will be suspended..Time to look for alternatives.
I want our team to play well and win without him.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #645
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I think Von is as good as gone from NFL..He will definitely get caught again and will be suspended..Time to look for alternatives.
I want our team to play well and win without him.
Please. Stop.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #646
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

He is our Ricky Williams.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #647
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
I'm not talking from an addiction standpoint. More like a natural habit. Like what hand you wipe your ass with. Or which way you put pants on. If it was that easy for him to stop don't you think he wouldve done that after the first time?
I think he figured he wouldn't get caught. That it's a ridiculous rule to begin with.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #648
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Please. Stop.
Why do you even waste one second of time to respond to this trash?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #649
lolcopter

Quote:
Any future contracts and the pending fallout from the most recent mistakes should be incentive enough to steer clear of the cannabis in the future. You can always revisit when you're old and retired if its that big of a deal. If he were to get busted for the same charges again he'd have to be the dumbest person ever.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #650
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I am completely amazed that the words trade and cut have even been mentioned in this thread. May God have mercy on all your souls. I can't read anymore of this gibberish.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote