The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #601
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
It was always going to be an 8 man rotation anyway. With Miller gone, Wolfe plays more DE snaps instead of DT snaps (70/30), flipping his snaps from last year. Unrein gets more action at DT. Malik Jackson might get a little more than just spot duty. Quanterus Smith gets thrown in the mix, and Jeremy Beal gets a roster spot for 4 weeks. All the young guys get a chance to grow up early. Problem solved.

Offseason Timeline:
April 29 (OTA Phase 2 Workouts) - Del Rio makes it clear Wolfe is a Defensive Tackle (played 70% of snaps from DT position in 2012).

May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend) - Von Miller dons onesie at Vegas pool party

June 6 (Derek Wolfe radio interview with Dave Logan) - Wolfe talks about how he's getting leaner to rush off the edge more

July 22 (Leak Day) - Von suspension leaked

My guess is Von got popped for Molly right after his Memorial Day Weekend trip to Vegas, though I'm probably wrong.
Unrein will be on the roster bubble. There was a heavy three man rotation at DT last year, this year Bannan and Unrein were upgraded with Knighton and Sly. If Beal makes the team, I expect that 4th DT to be Jackson, who really is Wolfe's back-up, as Wolfe could slide inside in a pinch.

Wolfe's responsibilities were that of a DT in our scheme, even Del Rio has said as much, he's essentially a 3-4 DE which has 4-3 DT like responsibilities. Please start understanding this... He's going to be our LDE who is like an under tackle, he will control the run game, and rush from the INSIDE, because Von comes off his shoulder acting as a DE.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:29 AM   #602
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
That's where Suggs will be. He will be against Franklin, I expect a fair share of chipping from the TE.
I think Franklin can handle him as well. He might need a little help but I don't see Doom having an impact on this game.

Not unless it is the 4th quarter and the Ravens are up by 20.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #603
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
To the feds. It is still a scheaduke one... where is your response to the rest of my post...
the feds are retarded. i'm sure they have other retarded laws that colorado doesn't give two ****s about. hell, the way we're passing out all kind of rights to illegals, gays, and stoners, we're practically beating them to the punch on a lot of things.

Quote:
Is it illegal to do drugs like marijuana?
no

Quote:
And molly?
moreso yes, but it was only made illegal in '77, and again the feds have their heads up their asses with most drug laws

Quote:
Do employers screen for such drug. You wannadecide what to eat wear and which girls to chase as well... **** off
a lot of employers don't, as it's an invasion of privacy. however, their are many corporate prisons who will test, nfl included, but they have their own reasons given the physical nature of the game.

Quote:
Wrong... the feds will prosecute for any amount of plants. Unless you have a medical card. I grow the ****. I have no problem with weed its the deed.. weed OK molly not so much.
lol bs

Quote:
..just because of he is a bronco doesn't mean I'm giving him a free pass.... but feel free keep defending him. Its against the law. And in the real world a fire able offense.
i'm not giving a free pass. he is incredibly stupid to have been caught. i'm defending weed, because it's awesome. von miller is also awesome.

and it's not against colorado law. **** the feds. and in the real word, it's not a fireable offense for many, many employers. mine included, thankfully.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #604
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Im shocked at how some of you are acting.

SURE he made a bad mistake, and honestly im pissed that he did it but HE IS OUR BEST PLAYER(given that he can be a threat for 10+ years, Manning has maybe 2-3 years at most)

Im not going to turn my back on him for one mistake, Hell when i was in undergrad I got 2 drinking tickets, I SHOULD have learned on my first ticket, but being in a frat and 20 years old leads to dumb mistakes so i didnt really make the changes or realize how dumb i was being until 2-3 years later....

He is a young multi-millionaire that made a mistake and you know what I think this is the kind of wake up call he needed. Sure he should have known to stop after his 1st failed test but 4 games is very little if this turns him around for the next 10 years....
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #605
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post

i'm not giving a free pass. he is incredibly stupid to have been caught. i'm defending weed, because it's awesome. von miller is also awesome.

Agree on both ... And now a ton of weed.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #606
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Thinking strictly from a football standpoint, do you think Elway should consider trading Von in before next year's draft? I have to think he would still have a ton of value and there is considerable risk in keeping him since one more infraction will lead to a 1 year suspension.

Getting caught for something like this 3 times in a two year span is very concerning.
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #607
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFiend View Post
Thinking strictly from a football standpoint, do you think Elway should consider trading Von in before next year's draft? I have to think he would still have a ton of value and there is considerable risk in keeping him since one more infraction will lead to a 1 year suspension.

Getting caught for something like this 3 times in a two year span is very concerning.
heeelllllllllll no. you'd need like 2-3 #1 overalls to get comparable value

this will be appealed, and won, and he'll miss like 2 games tops. just needs to get his head straight moving forward
Old 07-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #608
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:

No.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #609
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #610
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

You dont trade a player as young, talented and proven as Von is.... you would need an RGIII type trade to even consider it.

Even then you get him some help, you hope this is the wake up call and you move on... he is too good to try and trade him.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #611
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

The last thing Denver needs to do is panic and start bringing in FA's right now. A guy like JA isn't going to want to take place in training camp anyways. See what the rest of our roster can do first then make moves if nothing jumps out. Given that the Broncos knew this was coming and they still haven't done much means they feel the same way.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #612
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
heeelllllllllll no. you'd need like 2-3 #1 overalls to get comparable value

this will be appealed, and won, and he'll miss like 2 games tops. just needs to get his head straight moving forward
I'm not talking about this suspension, I could care less about it even if it was for four games. I'm talking about a pattern that is very concerning for the Broncos. If he was caught 3 times in two years (who knows how many times he was not caught) how can the front office seriously expect him not to do it again?

I realize many here don't believe drugs are a big deal, but that is besides the point. From a football standpoint, can the Broncos really rely on someone that is this irresponsible?
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #613
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
I'm not talking about this suspension, I could care less about it even if it was for four games. I'm talking about a pattern that is very concerning for the Broncos. If he was caught 3 times in two years (who knows how many times he was not caught) how can the front office seriously expect him not to do it again?

I realize many here don't believe drugs are a big deal, but that is besides the point. From a football standpoint, can the Broncos really rely on someone that is this irresponsible?
Can we all just wait and find out what the real details of this is before proclaiming the guy a drug addict and testing the league for trade partners?
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #614
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:

If the reports are true that this stems from 2011, that's much less of a concern to me. That's almost two years since he failed the test.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #615
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
You dont trade a player as young, talented and proven as Von is.... you would need an RGIII type trade to even consider it.

Even then you get him some help, you hope this is the wake up call and you move on... he is too good to try and trade him.
Keep in mind that the Broncos knew about his first two infractions. Just because this is new to us does not mean it is new to them. Do you seriously think they haven't been doing EVERYTHING possible to help a player THIS talented? And so far, it obviously hasn't worked.

I seriously hope he gets through the suspension time without another hit since he can have no contact with the team during that time.

Please don't get me wrong, I know how talented Von is and I love watching him play, but you have to admit that there is significant risk here.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #616
lolcopter

Quote:

von is human too, he'll make mistakes. i think the bolded part is way overreactive though, and not warranted. he should learn from this and make more optimal decisions moving forward. this certainly isn't a situtation worth the fan base freaking out about, but it seems weed and molly really is that scary to some folks. this is like a standard weekend for thousands of college students across the country. he'll be fine.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the Broncos knew about his first two infractions. Just because this is new to us does not mean it is new to them. Do you seriously think they haven't been doing EVERYTHING possible to help a player THIS talented? And so far, it obviously hasn't worked.

I seriously hope he gets through the suspension time without another hit since he can have no contact with the team during that time.

Please don't get me wrong, I know how talented Von is and I love watching him play, but you have to admit that there is significant risk here.
there's nothing for them to do except, "hey von, stop smoking weed."

and the second part? c'mon man. the only risk lies in potential SUSPENSIONS. the drugs themselves should be easily kicked and not present any further issues. stop acting like they're super addictive life destroyers or whatever.

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-23-2013 at 08:01 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #617
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:

Again Von is 24 (I also am 24) I know for instance the "light" didnt turn on for me until there were consequences for my actions. Von is a great player and wants to be great, but he is also a young millionaire.... i think this will set him straight, he will realize for him to play ball and to acheive what he wants to he needs to change his life... Again this is pretty much me thinking about how I did it, but who knows..
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #618
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Can we all just wait and find out what the real details of this is before proclaiming the guy a drug addict and testing the league for trade partners?
If you really think that is what I was saying then you misunderstood me.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #619
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

Quote:
Again Von is 24 (I also am 24) I know for instance the "light" didnt turn on for me until there were consequences for my actions. Von is a great player and wants to be great, but he is also a young millionaire.... i think this will set him straight, he will realize for him to play ball and to acheive what he wants to he needs to change his life... Again this is pretty much me thinking about how I did it, but who knows..
I genuinely hope so as well, I really do. The only reason I brought it up at all is the fact that the Broncos really need him as the defense stands right now and one more positive test knocks him out for a year. That is a lot of risk.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #620
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I havent looked into the rules too much regarding this BUT if he wins the appeal will one more test still result in a year?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #621
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Another thing that I want to point out is that im very relieved that it was not a PED, because that just shows that everything he has done is natural and i would say he still isnt in his prime (25-28ish)
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #622
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Didn't Von dedicate this season to an injured kid? Oops.

Found it -

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/0...will-win-next/
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #623
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Remember this guy? Remember how we traded him because we thought another suspension was just around the corner? This guy is 10 times the bonehead that Von Miller will ever be and if he can keep his nose (officially) clean, so can Von. Anyone seriously wanting to trade Von at this point is failing to overlook their frustration with him. Sure, he made a stupid decision, probably a few. It was selfish and now that he is going to be suspended at least a game or 3 I think it will finally sink in for him. Peyton will talk to him. Champ will give him the heads up on how to go around the system, also give him a stern talk. You know that Elway, Fox, and Del Rio are going to be in his ass. I actually think this will make him a better player. If he was distracted in the past with all the off the field fun and he straightens up and gets serious, look the **** out. Consider this a wake up call, Von.

Last edited by SportinOne; 07-23-2013 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: huge ****ing picture
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #624
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This is not from 2011. He recently failed a test for Molly. This stuff from 2011 put him in stage 2. I mean to get to stage 3 is pretty stupid and concerning. They do give quite a bit of leeway as far as the recreational drugs are concerned. Because, as Tom Nalen said yesterday, if they didn't they couldn't field any teams.

Tom Nalen ‏@TomNalen 20h
the NFL wouldn't be able to field any teams if they suspended players for 1st time weed offense
https://twitter.com/TomNalen

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 07-23-2013 at 08:20 AM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #625
Bacchus

Quote:
Im shocked at how some of you are acting.

Im not going to turn my back on him for one mistake, Hell when i was in undergrad I got 2 drinking tickets, I SHOULD have learned on my first ticket, but being in a frat and 20 years old leads to dumb mistakes so i didnt really make the changes or realize how dumb i was being until 2-3 years later....

He is a young multi-millionaire that made a mistake and you know what I think this is the kind of wake up call he needed. Sure he should have known to stop after his 1st failed test but 4 games is very little if this turns him around for the next 10 years....
One mistake?, this will be his third failed drug test.

So how many drug tests did you fail in your frat?