The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #451
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather
 
Houshyamama's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,494

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
The second period is a nice touch, though. You have to at least admit that!
I wish I had the power to send people back to the third grade. go_broncos would be sitting in class tomorrow.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #452
Mile High Mojoe
The Original Maniac
 
Mile High Mojoe's Avatar
 
Load the Wagon

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Astoria, OR
Posts: 1,675

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

I'm stupefied, No other words.
Mile High Mojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #453
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

If Von Miller had a son he would look like Cory Feldman.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #454
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Elway .. Please cut Miller..He is a cheater and a disgrace to this organization.
Now I'm positive go broncos is another account from someone established here to flame threads.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #455
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,050

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Elway .. Please cut Miller..He is a cheater and a disgrace to this organization.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #456
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If Von Miller had a son he would look like Cory Feldman.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #457
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

What's interesting is we wouldve never known any of this if it hadnt been leaked. From my understanding is its been in the appeals process for some time now. And had it been appealed in favor of Von I don't think it wouldve ever been known
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #458
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
Ice and Fire

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 3,820
Default

Somebody should have told him that dance move has already been done, so he would stop practicing it.
Attached Images
 
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #459
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mojoe View Post
I'm stupefied, No other words.
About par for the course.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #460
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Dove Valley, Party Central.

Get all the booze, weed and Molly you want.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #461
Punisher
® Styling And Profiling!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO! ®

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,511

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

Weed?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #462
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Not the end of the world. Von's suspension will get cut in half. Hell, Big Ben only got a 4 game for the bathroom fiasco.

We go 1-1 (losing the Manning Bowl) and have Von back in time to Pop Matt Flynn's AFC West Cherry 2 or 3 times.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #463
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
lol @ "weed addiction"

That's like having an ice cream addiction.
Someone CAN have an ice cream addiction. Just like they can be addicted to TV, porn, etc. Psychological addictions are a different category than chemical addictions but they can be major issues for someone who has them.

I'm a big advocate of legalizing marijuana and consider it foolish that there are stricter penalties for marijuana use than alcohol use. But too much is made of marijuana's lack of chemical addictions. It's obviously one of the more significant psychological addictions out there and it's a problem for a great many people. Von is likely one of those people. His career, millions of dollars depend on him staying off it and he's apparently still doing it.

I do disagree that it should be an issue with the NFL (no more than alcohol should be) but it's going to take some time for the NFL to change it's policies and the players have to deal with that until it happens.

I don't know the whole story yet but it doesn't sound like to me like Von has done anything that is far over the line, expect maybe if there was some performance enhancing drug issue that arises from this. Aside from that he hasn't done anything I haven't done in the past, or friends of mine, it's just that he has more incentive to avoid that kind of behavior. Hopefully this is the impetus he needs to keep himself out of trouble. If he has a psychological addiction to weed, it's a lot easier for him to deal with it than it would be if he was trying to quit drinking or dealing with another chemical addiction. Mostly it's going to be a matter of avoiding the social scenes and circles that that kind of activity takes place. If he can learn to do that he'll be fine.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #464
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,663

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Someone CAN have an ice cream addiction. Just like they can be addicted to TV, porn, etc. Psychological addictions are a different category than chemical addictions but they can be major issues for someone who has them.

I'm a big advocate of legalizing marijuana and consider it foolish that there are stricter penalties for marijuana use than alcohol use. But too much is made of marijuana's lack of chemical addictions. It's obviously one of the more significant psychological addictions out there and it's a problem for a great many people. Von is likely one of those people. His career, millions of dollars depend on him staying off it and he's apparently still doing it.

I do disagree that it should be an issue with the NFL (no more than alcohol should be) but it's going to take some time for the NFL to change it's policies and the players have to deal with that until it happens.

I don't know the whole story yet but it doesn't sound like to me like Von has done anything that is far over the line, expect maybe if there was some performance enhancing drug issue that arises from this. Aside from that he hasn't done anything I haven't done in the past, or friends of mine, it's just that he has more incentive to avoid that kind of behavior. Hopefully this is the impetus he needs to keep himself out of trouble. If he has a psychological addiction to weed, it's a lot easier for him to deal with it than it would be if he was trying to quit drinking or dealing with another chemical addiction. Mostly it's going to be a matter of avoiding the social scenes and circles that that kind of activity takes place. If he can learn to do that he'll be fine.
I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was equally absurd.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #465
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

so stop hanging out with Champ then?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #466
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!
 
SureShot's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 5,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell
Default

I wish Champ would teach these guys how to smoke during the off season and not get caught.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #467
Bronco X
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was equally absurd.
A psychological addiction to marijuana isn't that absurd. Yeah most of the people who talk of "marijuana addiction" don't really know what they are talking about, but that doesn't mean such a thing isn't a real issue for people.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #468
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
I wish Champ would teach these guys how to smoke during the off season and not get caught.
Seriously, that's like step one
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #469
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot View Post
I wish Champ would teach these guys how to smoke during the off season and not get caught.
Seriously, in the age of HGH and smart phones these dumb ****s can't figure out how to piss clean or call some lab guy with a bio chem degree to help them figure out how to piss clean on a drug test. Are you ****ing kidding me?
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #470
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,715
Default

This thread...good God...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #471
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Seriously, in the age of HGH and smart phones these dumb ****s can't figure out how to piss clean or call some lab guy with a bio chem degree to help them figure out how to piss clean on a drug test. Are you ****ing kidding me?
Or, just don't do the drugs/PEDs
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #472
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Current NFL CBA supercede Colordao law so if the NFL says it illegal it's illegal
It is violation of condition of his employment, no CBA every supersedes state or federal law. It is the contract clauses that he accepted when he signed the deal.


That being said it would interesting ruling similar to the problem the NFL Union had when it went on strike in "right to work" states like VA.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #473
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,342

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Since when does Old Man Bailey smoke weed?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #474
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,892
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I didn't say it was impossible, I said it was equally absurd.
No less absurd then you taking it in the ass.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #475
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Not the end of the world. Von's suspension will get cut in half. Hell, Big Ben only got a 4 game for the bathroom fiasco.

We go 1-1 (losing the Manning Bowl) and have Von back in time to Pop Matt Flynn's AFC West Cherry 2 or 3 times.
I'm not that worried either...about the near future. I think we start out 3-1, maybe 4-0 without him. I still think our D is good without him (not great) and teams will have trouble outscoring us even if we are having trouble stopping them.

I'm much more concerned about what this means for the longterm future of Von Miller than just the 4 game suspension. Will he ever get his act together and be a good player for a long time? Or will he not be a factor for the Broncos in a couple of years due to his off the field behavior.....if the reports are true. That's my concern.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Denver Broncos