The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Personally, I'm hopeful Kuper or Ramirez take over at C
Throw Beadles into the equation. With his intelligence and movement skills, not to mention he will be assisting more than taking on one on one matchups, could be a good move for him. He's also proven to be durable, unlike the revolving door at center.

That's locks up every OLine spot except for LG, but I see Manase Foketi as an answer to LG post Kuper. He played LT in college and would excell as a Guard. One of my draft picks BTW..

So that's Clady, Kuper, Beadles, Vasquez, Franklin
Painter, Clark, Man Ram are your reserves... I understand it's a big IF at Center, but I'm not feeling Koppen as the starter..
Old 07-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
This is nothing like the Philadelphia Eagles..
Well teamwise but not on expectations.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #28
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This should put Rev's inside information to rest.. He just likes getting others worked up!
Now after serveal months of rest he looks good and Denver will not stress him during preseason .

You can't predict how wear and tear and fatigue on his body will affect his body come January still concerned with what I saw last January and it will be in the back of my mind until playoff time rolls around
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #29
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hear Pat is out of gin and wants to restructure Manning.
The extra couple million he took from Doom should hold him over for awhile....even if he sticks with the high end stuff.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Well, Denver has to step it up in the playoffs, not step it down. I'm positive we'll win the AFCW which means a high seed and probably a bye week. Last year they didn't step it up in the playoffs. I think more than anything it was Del Rio got outcoached.

Balt kept working the middle and the left side of Denver's D, and Del Rio never adjusted.

Plays to Denver's right side: 10 rushes, 23 yds. Passing 5/10, 35 yds.
Plays to Denver's middle and left side: 28 rushes, 132 yds. Middle rushing 20 for 92 yds 1 TD. Left side rushing 8 for 40 yds. Passing to middle 2/7 35 yds. Passing to left side 11/17 261 yds 3 TD's.

So 20 plays to Denver's right side for 57 yds. 52 plays to the middle and left for 393 yds and all four TD's. IIRC Del Rio never tried to give them any different looks, kept dropping Von into coverage which plainly didn't strike fear into Balt's hearts, overabundance of 3-man rushes.

Well we all saw it and I'm beating a dead horse. Anyway, Peyton had a fine year statistically - probably the second best of his entire career. Let's hope that stays the same, the rushing game gets better, Peyton tells Fox "FU, don't trot out a 3rd and 1 personnel grouping when we have a 3rd and 7 to convert with a playoff game on the line."

Alright, rant over, carry on.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Injuries are key for any team. I think we can be very good but, we have alot to prove. We were 1-4 against top tier teams lets fix that problem first. Let's hope for 40 degree's or warmer in playoffs for Manning and best players SHOW UP then I'll dream SB. SB in NY concerns me could be frigid that would be bad for Denver.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 07-18-2013 at 01:26 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
The extra couple million he took from Doom should hold him over for awhile....even if he sticks with the high end stuff.
Thanks for the money Doom, signed Clady
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Doom stole plenty last year.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Injuries are key for any team. I think we can be very good but, we have alot to prove. We were 1-4 against top tier teams lets fix that problem first. Let's hope for 40 degree's or warmer in playoffs for Manning and best players SHOW UP then I'll dream SB. SB in NY concerns me could be frigid that would be bad for Denver.
I thought cincy was a good team.

Sweeping the AFC north isn't bad on the resume either.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #35
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
That's what Ball is for.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #36
SlyEli

Quote:
Last year would've been perfect in the super dome. Either way, the Broncos will have to deal with cold weather to get to the SB. They won't make it to the cold weather Super Bowl without winning cold weather playoff games. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #37
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
That's what Ball is for.
Yep that will help
Old 07-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #38
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I thought cincy was a good team.

Sweeping the AFC north isn't bad on the resume either.
Yeah I'm not dogging Cincy just their track record being really good isn't there yet.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #39
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Our problems in short yardage last year began at the o line. Ball will help but hes not Adrian Peterson.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #40
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Our problems in short yardage last year began at the o line. Ball will help but hes not Adrian Peterson.
A big reason why I'm not big on Beadles and Koppen at LG and C, mainly Koppen.. I would like to see Kuper starting whether that's LG, RG, or C. I think Clady, Kuper, Beadles, Vasquez, Franklin is dynamite..
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #41
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
A big reason why I'm not big on Beadles and Koppen at LG and C, mainly Koppen.. I would like to see Kuper starting whether that's LG, RG, or C. I think Clady, Kuper, Beadles, Vasquez, Franklin is dynamite..
I would place the odds of anyone starting C besides Koppen as extremely low. Man Ram would be the only other guy besides Koppen playing C this year and that is only if something happens to Kop.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #42
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I would place the odds of anyone starting C besides Koppen as extremely low. Man Ram would be the only other guy besides Koppen playing C this year and that is only if something happens to Kop.
Your probably right that's more than likely the outcome. I just see no reason of releasing Kuper, sure he could be restructured and be a reserve, but we need to play our 5 best OLine, he is without question in that group.

I would explore Kuper, Beadles, Man Ram, Blake all before Koppen. We aren't on the hook for money and he would potentially still be available if he were released.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Your probably right that's more than likely the outcome. I just see no reason of releasing Kuper, sure he could be restructured and be a reserve, but we need to play our 5 best OLine, he is without question in that group.

I would explore Kuper, Beadles, Man Ram, Blake all before Koppen. We aren't on the hook for money and he would potentially still be available if he were released.
I'm hopeful that's exactly what's going to happen. Koppen won't forget how to play C while other guys get reps.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #44
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

This regular season will be the anti 2011 regular season. The first half of most games will be fun and great and all, and the 2nd half of games will be like the 2nd half of preseason games.

Regular season will be fun, but it's all about the playoffs. Get to the ****ing Super Bowl.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

The best thing that should happen is Kuper proves himself as healthy, gets moved to LG and Denver trades Beadles. Kuper is under contract for the next two seasons, Beadles is a FA after this season. With WW and Decker being a FA Denver doesn't really have the time to be dealing with Beadles IMO and his value will never be higher then it is right now.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Now after serveal months of rest he looks good and Denver will not stress him during preseason .

You can't predict how wear and tear and fatigue on his body will affect his body come January still concerned with what I saw last January and it will be in the back of my mind until playoff time rolls around
I can't fathom how anyone really takes that baltimore game as some sort sign of obvious arm fatigue First off, he played your normal peyton game for 4 quarters. By the time OT came around, it was like 5 degrees outside! That can't be discounted. It was the coldest game in broncos playoff history. A couple of weeks before it was 30 degrees, the week after it was 40.

I'm not saying he definitely did not experience arm fatigue, but I'm going to assume the frigid cold had more to do with that then his neck.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #47
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The best thing that should happen is Kuper proves himself as healthy, gets moved to LG and Denver trades Beadles. Kuper is under contract for the next two seasons, Beadles is a FA after this season. With WW and Decker being a FA Denver doesn't really have the time to be dealing with Beadles IMO and his value will never be higher then it is right now.
Even if Kuper does get healthy, why would you wanna trade beadles? We're trying to win a super bowl here! Give me the depth over a draft pick.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Even if Kuper does get healthy, why would you wanna trade beadles? We're trying to win a super bowl here! Give me the depth over a draft pick.
He is a FA next season with WW and Eric Decker. We might not be able to keep them all. Kuper is signed for two more seasons after this year and Man Ram can fill in a pinch. Maybe send Beadles and Philip Blake to Houston for Ben Jones. That way Jones could be depth at RG and C for this year and hopefully give us a long term C option.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
DENVERDUI55

Kuper isn't that much better than Beadles. Beadles is healthy has stayed healthy and is a fraction of the price. Kuper is damaged goods and Denver would be smart to dump that salary.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #50
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Kuper isn't that much better than Beadles. Beadles is healthy has stayed healthy and is a fraction of the price. Kuper is damaged goods and Denver would be smart to dump that salary.
They do not need Kuper's salary this year as they have over $10 million available.

The smart thing would be to keep Kuper as depth and leadership and competition. At the end of the year Denver can cut him and they will have less dead money for him.