The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #151
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
A monkey in a circus hat could have drafted Von Miller. It was a no brainer, common sense decision that was all about circumstance. Elway had nothing to do with the Broncos drafting 2nd overall. He just took over in a perfect situation.

Should we bow down to the Colts GM for drafting Luck with the first pick?
And yet Carolina reached on Cam Newton when they should have taken Von Miller.

Carolina decided to draft for need rather than BPA.

J.J. Watt was also available, John could have reached on him and still have the pick payoff though I think Miller gives him more options with his coverage skills.

There is a lot more to this pick other than the fact that Miller is a beast.

I am just glad the one year we pick in the top 5 we didn't reach on a guys like Glenn Dorsey or Ty Jackson. I like having a GM who makes informed decisions, has a plan and executes it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #152
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
to be fair, he needed a lot of neck-based luck to have this one happen. if we're still running around with Tebow or Brandon Weeden or someone at QB, you never know.
yeah but every team needs luck to get and stay good. if Rodgers doesn't fall to them do the Packers become as good as they have been more recently? is Thompson still the GM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
From the article.;

Early on I doubted the choice of Elway as GM do to lack of experience.

I WAS WRONG

loved the Elway pick from the beginning which is rare for me as i normally hate when teams hire people from past glory.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #153
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

BTW anyone else know where I can find a pair of Elway's awesome black and gold Sunglasses ESPN keeps showing him in on NFL Live?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #154
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
BTW anyone else know where I can find a pair of Elway's awesome black and gold Sunglasses ESPN keeps showing him in on NFL Live?
Pretty positive they are a prada shield glasses.

http://www.nyciwear.com/product/PR61...I-1BC-4S1.html

Just a different color of the frame.

http://www.sunglassescentre.com//com...6S1%20copy.jpg

That is the right color.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 07-16-2013 at 07:51 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #155
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And yet Carolina reached on Cam Newton when they should have taken Von Miller.

Carolina decided to draft for need rather than BPA.

J.J. Watt was also available, John could have reached on him and still have the pick payoff though I think Miller gives him more options with his coverage skills.

There is a lot more to this pick other than the fact that Miller is a beast.

I am just glad the one year we pick in the top 5 we didn't reach on a guys like Glenn Dorsey or Ty Jackson. I like having a GM who makes informed decisions, has a plan and executes it.
Yeah I'm glad our GM made the right move too instead of drafting a QB this year #1 overall.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #156
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Pretty positive they are a prada shield glasses.

http://www.nyciwear.com/product/PR61...I-1BC-4S1.html

Just a different color of the frame.

http://www.sunglassescentre.com//com...6S1%20copy.jpg

That is the right color.
$125 bucks off! What a deal!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #157
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Yeah I'm glad our GM made the right move too instead of drafting a QB this year #1 overall.
And I am glad you got the 1st overall pick in a year where there wasn't an impact player available at the level of Von's.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #158
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And I am glad you got the 1st overall pick in a year where there wasn't an impact player available at the level of Von's.
Eric Fisher is gonna be a damn good player for years to come.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #159
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Fishers really, really good man.

Here's to hoping his growth is stunted by Albert
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #160
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah! Who cares that an executive was so plowed on rumplemintz he steam rolls a police car with a person in it a hundred feet!

Here's a list of our big $ free agency splashes that we've been able to see on the field thus far:

Ty Warren, Tracy Porter, Drayton Florence, Mike Adams not to mention retaining Joe Mays and his absurd contract yet having a blooper reel time of "trying" to retain Elvis

(in fact, it seems our ONLY current FA success have been Manning and friends: Manning, Tamme, Stokely's return)

Osweiler over an immediate contributor in win-now mode

Currently no notable success past round 2 (albeit too early to evaluate developmental prospects)
So full of failure, Warren was a bust but it was because of injury, no one can predict injury. If I remember right everyone was pretty stoked when he signed. Porter was signed on a one year deal, so he didn't work out big deal. Drayton Florence got beat out, that's a good thing. Your statement that the ONLY FA success Denver has had is Tamme and Stokley. Do you even watch football? What about Dreesen, Koppen, Leonhard, Brookings, Carter and Mannning himself. All these FAs were cheap on mostly on 1 year deals as to not wreck the cap. I also assume you are not counting this year's batch of FA which include Welker.

The only point you have is Mays.

As far as no success past round 2...WTF.. in two years under Elway he has won 2 AFC West championships. How many division titles in the last 10 years before that had they won?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #161
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So full of failure, Warren was a bust but it was because of injury, no one can predict injury. If I remember right everyone was pretty stoked when he signed. Porter was signed on a one year deal, so he didn't work out big deal. Drayton Florence got beat out, that's a good thing. Your statement that the ONLY FA success Denver has had is Tamme and Stokley. Do you even watch football? What about Dreesen, Koppen, Leonhard, Brookings, Carter and Mannning himself. All these FAs were cheap on mostly on 1 year deals as to not wreck the cap. I also assume you are not counting this year's batch of FA which include Welker.

As far as no success past round 2...WTF.. in two years under Elway he has won 2 AFC West championships. How many division titles in the last 10 years before that had they won?
Why are you taking on the smartest guy on the board? Do you not know he is always right? If you are not careful he will black list you and sic his posse on you. You do not want to experience the heel bitting from the likes of Rectum and Steve 'I want to be a space cadet' Stevens.

Last edited by baja; 07-16-2013 at 10:38 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #162
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Eric Fisher is gonna be a damn good player for years to come.
So was Robert Gallery he was can't miss franchise LT. I expect Fisher to be good though.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #163
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

I don't know what it is about Revs post that's hard to understand, but you are the 3rd or 4th poster to read it wrong. Rev was speaking about no notable success past the second round...of the draft.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:19 AM   #164
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

...So this counts 3 functionally illiterate retards?

I personally enjoy that it happens to be 3 guys that can't form a sentence either. Do you guys have a secret club? Are you currently initiating ellipsis guy?
Old 07-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #165
Bacchus

Quote:
...So this counts 3 functionally illiterate retards?
I am not suffering from an intelectual disability as my IQ is above 70.

I rarely worry about sentrence structure as I type what I am thinking. Besides I have enough problem with my typing to worry about that!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #166
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I am not suffering from an intelectual disability as my IQ is above 70.

I rarely worry about sentrence structure as I type what I am thinking. Besides I have enough problem with my typing to worry about that!
...You can't make this **** up...
Old 07-17-2013, 06:25 AM   #167
Bacchus

Quote:
...You can't make this **** up...
i just did
Old 07-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #168
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
i just did
I don't pay attention to sentrence structure either
Old 07-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #169
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

ElwayNextCarl
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #170
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Like a fly to ****.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #171
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
When people are comparing Von Miller to Derrick Thomas, you take notice and you draft him. And you don't waste a second turning the card in.
I don't recall anyone comparing VM to DT until after VM first year in the NFL. If you have a pre-draft link to a good football source that said VM has the capacity to be another DT in the NFL then I will concede. But what I remember is that Miller was considered to be a very good 3-4 OLB prospect. The Broncos base defense was a 4-3 so many thought the Broncos should not take VM and instead go with a good DT.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #172
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I don't recall anyone comparing VM to DT until after VM first year in the NFL. If you have a pre-draft link to a good football source that said VM has the capacity to be another DT in the NFL then I will concede. But what I remember is that Miller was considered to be a very good 3-4 OLB prospect. The Broncos base defense was a 4-3 so many thought the Broncos should not take VM and instead go with a good DT.
You are right Tombstone. Kcpud just is always trying to discredit Denver. As I have said many times before Miller wasn't the automatic number 2 pick.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #173
CEH
Ring of Famer

2010 Denver was 2-14 with the 2nd overall pick. The interweb was abuzz with Miller, Dareus, Peterson who will Denver take?

Denver selects Von Miller and Elway get several calls from front office execs who had Miller rated as the #1 player on thier board. Not sure you get calls on a pick if it's such a no brainer.

I read somewhere Dareus may be fighting for playing time this year. Peterson would be a top quality pick with Miller off the board.

The Offense is better, the Defense is better and the special teams is one of the most dynamic in the league. JDR was a coup (maybe that was more Fox who knows)

Lomadri's are #1 but IMO next to that would have to be AFCW championships and playoff seedings and Denver has done as much as they could in that area
Elway in two years has transformed the Broncos from a laughing stock into Super Bow contenders when in reality there are only about ~10 teams with a legit shot at Lombardi. Not sure Denver was that team going way back to when Elway retired.

Ozzie's has been the best over the last decade + but was always missing that QB to get them over the hump most years.

John's leagcy may well be tied to Brock even if he wins a championship with Manning.

I give Elway a solid A so far. This early success has raised the bar in Denver that is for sure.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #174
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sheeptstud 2011: Manning threw to Wayne, Garcon and Clark. Now he has to throw to the likes of Decker and Thomas.

Sheepstud 2013: Manning came here getting to throw to guys like Decker and Thomas.
Broncos fans thought last years were better than any of Manning's receiving corps in his career.

And they were wrong. Very wrong. 2012 Broncos WR's are nowhere close to as good as the 2004 Colts.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #175
Bacchus

Quote:
Broncos fans thought last years were better than any of Manning's receiving corps in his career.

And they were wrong. Very wrong. 2012 Broncos WR's are nowhere close to as good as the 2004 Colts.
Well, his 2013 WR corps will be by far the best we can all agree on that.