The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #126
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
So full of failure, Warren was a bust but it was because of injury, no one can predict injury. If I remember right everyone was pretty stoked when he signed. Porter was signed on a one year deal, so he didn't work out big deal. Drayton Florence got beat out, that's a good thing. Your statement that the ONLY FA success Denver has had is Tamme and Stokley. Do you even watch football? What about Dreesen, Koppen, Leonhard, Brookings, Carter and Mannning himself. All these FAs were cheap on mostly on 1 year deals as to not wreck the cap. I also assume you are not counting this year's batch of FA which include Welker.

The only point you have is Mays.

As far as no success past round 2...WTF.. in two years under Elway he has won 2 AFC West championships. How many division titles in the last 10 years before that had they won?
Why are you taking on the smartest guy on the board? Do you not know he is always right? If you are not careful he will black list you and sic his posse on you. You do not want to experience the heel bitting from the likes of Rectum and Steve 'I want to be a space cadet' Stevens.

Last edited by baja; 07-16-2013 at 09:38 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #127
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Eric Fisher is gonna be a damn good player for years to come.
So was Robert Gallery he was can't miss franchise LT. I expect Fisher to be good though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #128
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

As far as no success past round 2...WTF.. in two years under Elway he has won 2 AFC West championships. How many division titles in the last 10 years before that had they won?
I don't know what it is about Revs post that's hard to understand, but you are the 3rd or 4th poster to read it wrong. Rev was speaking about no notable success past the second round...of the draft.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:21 AM   #129
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...So this counts 3 functionally illiterate retards?
I am not suffering from an intelectual disability as my IQ is above 70.

I rarely worry about sentrence structure as I type what I am thinking. Besides I have enough problem with my typing to worry about that!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #130
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...You can't make this **** up...
i just did
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #131
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,425

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

ElwayNextCarl
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #132
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,271

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Like a fly to ****.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #133
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,211

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
When people are comparing Von Miller to Derrick Thomas, you take notice and you draft him. And you don't waste a second turning the card in.
I don't recall anyone comparing VM to DT until after VM first year in the NFL. If you have a pre-draft link to a good football source that said VM has the capacity to be another DT in the NFL then I will concede. But what I remember is that Miller was considered to be a very good 3-4 OLB prospect. The Broncos base defense was a 4-3 so many thought the Broncos should not take VM and instead go with a good DT.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #134
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I don't recall anyone comparing VM to DT until after VM first year in the NFL. If you have a pre-draft link to a good football source that said VM has the capacity to be another DT in the NFL then I will concede. But what I remember is that Miller was considered to be a very good 3-4 OLB prospect. The Broncos base defense was a 4-3 so many thought the Broncos should not take VM and instead go with a good DT.
You are right Tombstone. Kcpud just is always trying to discredit Denver. As I have said many times before Miller wasn't the automatic number 2 pick.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #135
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,007
Default

2010 Denver was 2-14 with the 2nd overall pick. The interweb was abuzz with Miller, Dareus, Peterson who will Denver take?

Denver selects Von Miller and Elway get several calls from front office execs who had Miller rated as the #1 player on thier board. Not sure you get calls on a pick if it's such a no brainer.

I read somewhere Dareus may be fighting for playing time this year. Peterson would be a top quality pick with Miller off the board.


The Offense is better, the Defense is better and the special teams is one of the most dynamic in the league. JDR was a coup (maybe that was more Fox who knows)

Lomadri's are #1 but IMO next to that would have to be AFCW championships and playoff seedings and Denver has done as much as they could in that area
Elway in two years has transformed the Broncos from a laughing stock into Super Bow contenders when in reality there are only about ~10 teams with a legit shot at Lombardi. Not sure Denver was that team going way back to when Elway retired.


Ozzie's has been the best over the last decade + but was always missing that QB to get them over the hump most years.

John's leagcy may well be tied to Brock even if he wins a championship with Manning.


I give Elway a solid A so far. This early success has raised the bar in Denver that is for sure.
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #136
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,471

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sheeptstud 2011: Manning threw to Wayne, Garcon and Clark. Now he has to throw to the likes of Decker and Thomas.

Sheepstud 2013: Manning came here getting to throw to guys like Decker and Thomas.
Broncos fans thought last years were better than any of Manning's receiving corps in his career.

And they were wrong. Very wrong. 2012 Broncos WR's are nowhere close to as good as the 2004 Colts.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #137
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Broncos fans thought last years were better than any of Manning's receiving corps in his career.

And they were wrong. Very wrong. 2012 Broncos WR's are nowhere close to as good as the 2004 Colts.
Well, his 2013 WR corps will be by far the best we can all agree on that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #138
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You are right Tombstone. Kcpud just is always trying to discredit Denver. As I have said many times before Miller wasn't the automatic number 2 pick.
Everyone said we needed to take Marcel Dareus. Some were even suggesting an offensive player.

Sheepstud just wants to somehow give the Chiefs credit in some indirect way. Miller = Derrick Thomas who was a chief.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #139
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,471

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, his 2013 WR corps will be by far the best we can all agree on that.
You can make an argument that Welker is better than Stokely.
You can make an argument that Thomas is just as good as Harrison.

Good luck making an argument that Decker is as good as Wayne though, because he's not.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #140
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,318

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Well, his 2013 supporting cast will be by far the best we can all agree on that.
FYP.

I think this is the best team Manning has ever played on. Homer a bit, sure, but Peyton never had a O-line this good. He's had better RBs (James) and he's arguably had better receiving corps including TE (arguably Harrison, Wayne, Stokley and Clark). As a core unit, I'd say it's as good as any Manning has had.

We have better special teamers. Prater/Colquitt/Holliday/Bruton/Mays if he makes the team makes a pretty formidable group.

Our d is better on all levels - better dline, better linebackers, much much much better DBs.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #141
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,318

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You can make an argument that Welker is better than Stokely.
You can make an argument that Thomas is just as good as Harrison.

Good luck making an argument that Decker is as good as Wayne though, because he's not.
This is a total comparison fail because of the unique element Welker brings to the slot.

Thomas is a young stud, and he's better than anyone on that Colts roster. Thomas will be better in his prime than Harrison in his prime as long as Manning is throwing it to him.

Welker is much better than Stokely. I like Stokes, but c'mon, there is no argument here. He's better than Harrison, too, so I'd say a more apt comparison would be Wayne/Welker, which I'd still give to Welker - Wayne is a better number one, but Welker in the slot is better than Wayne as a #1.

And I think we can agree Decker overall is better than Stokley.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #142
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
This is a total comparison fail because of the unique element Welker brings to the slot.

Thomas is a young stud, and he's better than anyone on that Colts roster. Thomas will be better in his prime than Harrison in his prime as long as Manning is throwing it to him.

Welker is much better than Stokely. I like Stokes, but c'mon, there is no argument here. He's better than Harrison, too, so I'd say a more apt comparison would be Wayne/Welker, which I'd still give to Welker - Wayne is a better number one, but Welker in the slot is better than Wayne as a #1.

And I think we can agree Decker overall is better than Stokley.
I think Manning will agree that the skills and speed that Thomas and Decker bring is great but their size is the biggest improvement over the Colts. Both of them being 6'3" provide much better targets.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #143
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
You can make an argument that Welker is better than Stokely.
You can make an argument that Thomas is just as good as Harrison.

Good luck making an argument that Decker is as good as Wayne though, because he's not.
But he didn't have Julius Thomas in Indy.......
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #144
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
But he didn't have Julius Thomas in Indy.......
Orange Julius is going to rock the NFL!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #145
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder and Vail, Co.
Posts: 17,318

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Actually, I'll put it in a way even a Kansas City person can understand:

In International Relations theory, Economic game theory and in military science, there is a game called Blotto. Military officers use mathematical blotto models to plot out military strategy.

Let's say you two people that have three numbers (they refer to them as fronts, but for this argument they are WRs).

Person one has a 10, a 4, and another 4.
Person two has a 5, another 5, and another 5.

Since 10>5, person one wins front (WR) 1
Since 5>4, person two wins front (WR) 2
Since 5>4, person two wins front (WR) 3

Person two won two fronts, while person won a single front. Does that mean person two won? In military terms, yes.

But lets imagine that a point value is given to WRs, who play on the same front. Person one has 10+4+4 = 18. Person two has 5+5+5=15.

18>15, person one wins.

Person one is the Broncos.
Person two is the Colts.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #146
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,271

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Everyone said we needed to take Marcel Dareus. Some were even suggesting an offensive player.

Sheepstud just wants to somehow give the Chiefs credit in some indirect way. Miller = Derrick Thomas who was a chief.
Remember when Sheepstud proclaimed that Jon Baldwin was a better value pick for KC than Miller was for Denver? Good times.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #147
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Remember when Sheepstud proclaimed that Jon Baldwin was a better value pick for KC than Miller was for Denver? Good times.
And that Justin Houston was better than Von Miller. He goes hot and cold on Miller.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #148
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
And that Justin Houston was better than Von Miller. He goes hot and cold on Miller.
He wants to rip on Miller but the media keeps comparing him to his hero DT so he really can't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #149
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He wants to rip on Miller but the media keeps comparing him to his hero DT so he really can't.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #150
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 24,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Everyone said we needed to take Marcel Dareus. Some were even suggesting an offensive player.

Sheepstud just wants to somehow give the Chiefs credit in some indirect way. Miller = Derrick Thomas who was a chief.
i remember that. i got slaughtered for liking Von as the pick.
as did many others. a ton of posters swore he would bust, too small, not a true LB, needed a 3-4 scheme.
Dareus & Peterson were the guys most wanted. Von was one of the most hated picks in Broncos history.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Denver Broncos