The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #126
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Perhaps I'm naive, but as far as 2013 is concerned? No, i don't see how it'll affect the on the field product. The roster is basically set, the coaching staff is intact, and PM is taking snaps from center.
That's more accurate regarding solely 2013, but there's a LOT to get done regarding THIS season's team. Even if you JUST look at our pending roster cuts as well as potential waiver acquisitions from other teams, it's still a pretty big obstacle.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #127
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's more accurate regarding solely 2013, but there's a LOT to get done regarding THIS season's team. Even if you JUST look at our pending roster cuts as well as potential waiver acquisitions from other teams, it's still a pretty big obstacle.
The Broncos are deeper and more talented than they have ever been since their last SB run when Elway and Shanahan looked like football gods. This franchise got a lot of mileage out of those years and consequently, Shanny got a lot of extended time as the GM/HC. However this team, is much superior to any team Shanny put together post Elway. That has everything to do with some solid drafts and retaining the talent that was already on the team (except for doom) an good FA moves culminating with Manning.

Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but I feel very good about this team and I'm excited for the future.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #128
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
You caught me.

Finally the truth is known. The 20,000 posts on the Orangemane, doing post game podcasts. Watching the Broncos for 28 years. Being a moderator on a Broncos fan board. All lies.

It is good to be free.

Out of the orange closet.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #129
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Do me a favor. I'll be back on and about three hours and I will have detailed responses to all your allegedly pro-Elway comments. My favorites so far are...

Some point to ponder: Willis McGahee, Keith Brookings, Dan Koppen and Trindon Holliday just for starters...many more to come

Keith Brookings is a FA success? You are kidding, right?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #130
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Broncos are deeper and more talented than they have ever been since their last SB run when Elway and Shanahan looked like football gods. This franchise got a lot of mileage out of those years and consequently, Shanny got a lot of extended time as the GM/HC. However this team, is much superior to any team Shanny put together post Elway. That has everything to do with some solid drafts and retaining the talent that was already on the team (except for doom) an good FA moves culminating with Manning.

Sure, there's been some bumps in the road but I feel very good about this team and I'm excited for the future.
So you agree with every word I said?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #131
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Keith Brookings is a FA success? You are kidding, right?
Not only that, but in the post he clipped that from (out of context, of course), I was discussing our big $ FA signings, not guys making less than 10% more than the vet minimum.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #132
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
So you agree with every word I said?
I'm referring to you post about roster cuts and waiver wire acquisitions. This is a pretty deep Broncos team so things like making cuts are not as critical and Heckert should be back in time for this process, along with any possible waiver wire pick ups. As for losing Russell, he's more involved with the college scouting and I'm not so sure his absence will be a big deal until--maybe--the college football season starts. But even then, he can still "scout" in an unofficial sense, he just won't be getting paid to do it. I mean, he can turn on a tv and watch college ball too lol.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #133
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I'm referring to you post about roster cuts and waiver wire acquisitions. This is a pretty deep Broncos team so things like making cuts are not as critical and Heckert should be back in time for this process, along with any possible waiver wire pick ups. As for losing Russell, he's more involved with the college scouting and I'm not so sure his absence will be a big deal until--maybe--the college football season starts. But even then, he can still "scout" in an unofficial sense, he just won't be getting paid to do it. I mean, he can turn on a tv and watch college ball too lol.
Ah, yes, that's a good point regarding the depth then.

As for Russell not being a big deal until the college season, you realize it's mid-June, and that's 2 weeks away, yes?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #134
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

As for Russell not being a big deal until the college season, you realize it's mid-June, and that's 2 weeks away, yes?
true, but who knows what Russell will be doing while he is off the pay roll. If he's smart, he will attend and pass any substance abuse programs and dive all the rest of his time into being an independent scout, doing his damn job, and prepping himself to come back and resume his position with the team.

But then again, there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an schnapps binge:

Old 07-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #135
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I have my doubts that either Russell or Heckert are really going to stop doing their jobs while suspended. Maybe they won't be doing it at Dove Valley, but lets be real here there is really no way the NFL can police this like they do the players.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #136
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

It's mid June wow we get to re-live 4 weeks, God is good.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #137
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
true, but who knows what Russell will be doing while he is off the pay roll. If he's smart, he will attend and pass any substance abuse programs and dive all the rest of his time into being an independent scout, doing his damn job, and prepping himself to come back and resume his position with the team.

But then again, there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an schnapps binge
Haha, agree on the substance abuse programs, but he won't have access to ANY scouting resources.

Can you imagine the **** fit the league would throw if they even find a phone call between him and a regional scout or a collegiate team?
Old 07-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #138
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

The league didn't suspend them the Broncos organization did.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #139
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The league didn't suspend them the Broncos organization did.
Doesn't matter.

The league accepted the Broncos terms of punishment. If you think Goodell won't throw a shiat fit if he finds that Heckert or Russell circumvented their terms of punishment, then you are delusional.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #140
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Carter was fantastic in 2011 and Moore really did play well last year. Considering it's a cerebral position, they should progress by leaps and bounds. And they didn't benefit a ton from pressure when blitzers left a lot of extra ground to cover.

I agree about great GM's showing off their talents in April, but while you consider this a failing of Elway in reality it has been two years (seriously, last ****ing time I repeat myself on this, please) AND IS TOO SOON TO TELL.
I don't think Elway has failed, but I just don't see how you can say he's one of best? I just can't put him over the 5 teams GM's that I listed (Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay and New York Giants).

Hard for me to really put Elway over the following GM's as well as they have done a great job with their respective teams.

Rick Smith (Texans)
Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons)...love the work he's done for that team
Trent Baalke (49ers)

Another one is Belichik. Another guy who I think has done a great job is Les Snead. He's only in his 2nd offseason but I love what they've done there in the 2 offseasons. They have had 2 really good looking drafts in a row, their FA was excellent and I believe Fischer was a good choice for HC.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #141
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Rivers has been dog crap for a couple years now. You wouldn't know this though since you actually thought Croyle was the franchise QB for the queefs and they didn't need to address the issue anymore.
Remember that one time 7 months ago this board was making fun of Flacco, said he sucked, and then he owned you?

Yeah we'll call it even.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #142
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Remember that one time 7 months ago this board was making fun of Flacco, said he sucked, and then he owned you?

Yeah we'll call it even.
Is this the same Flacco that wasn't worth KC's time to draft? I have already had this discussion with you he didn't own us in the playoffs. He made a couple great throws, got lucky on one and the rest of his throws were his normal dog poop.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #143
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I don't think Elway has failed, but I just don't see how you can say he's one of best? I just can't put him over the 5 teams GM's that I listed (Seattle, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay and New York Giants).

Hard for me to really put Elway over the following GM's as well as they have done a great job with their respective teams.

Rick Smith (Texans)
Thomas Dimitroff (Falcons)...love the work he's done for that team
Trent Baalke (49ers)

Another one is Belichik. Another guy who I think has done a great job is Les Snead. He's only in his 2nd offseason but I love what they've done there in the 2 offseasons. They have had 2 really good looking drafts in a row, their FA was excellent and I believe Fischer was a good choice for HC.
Elway definitely deserves kudos for bringing in Manning and for drafting players like Von Miller. When your standard is winning the SB then the bar is pretty high.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #144
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Elway definitely deserves kudos for bringing in Manning and for drafting players like Von Miller. When your standard is winning the SB then the bar is pretty high.
A monkey in a circus hat could have drafted Von Miller. It was a no brainer, common sense decision that was all about circumstance. Elway had nothing to do with the Broncos drafting 2nd overall. He just took over in a perfect situation.

Should we bow down to the Colts GM for drafting Luck with the first pick?
Old 07-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #145
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
A monkey in a circus hat could have drafted Von Miller. It was a no brainer, common sense decision that was all about circumstance. Elway had nothing to do with the Broncos drafting 2nd overall. He just took over in a perfect situation.

Easy to say now. Miller wasn't the slam dunk #2 pick. In fact I bet I could go find the draft thread and you are probably making fun of Denver for drafting him.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #146
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

wrong, just wrong. Many people thought the Broncos should have drafted Marcell Dareus, not Von Miller, especially because the Broncos defensive line was considered a weakness.

You keep proving yourself to be a complete and utter tool.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #147
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
wrong, just wrong. Many people thought the Broncos should have drafted Marcell Dareus, not Von Miller, especially because the Broncos defensive line was considered a weakness.

You keep proving yourself to be a complete and utter tool.
When people are comparing Von Miller to Derrick Thomas, you take notice and you draft him. And you don't waste a second turning the card in.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #148
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

John has done a good job, but could do better.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #149
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
When people are comparing Von Miller to Derrick Thomas, you take notice and you draft him. And you don't waste a second turning the card in.
He is DT without all the baby momma's. Like I said before he wasn't the slam dunk #2 pick. I just pulled up several mock drafts and he is mocked all over the top 10 picks.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #150
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He is DT without all the baby momma's. Like I said before he wasn't the slam dunk #2 pick. I just pulled up several mock drafts and he is mocked all over the top 10 picks.
People had questions about him after the season, but the Senior Bowl was where he really solidified himself.

He blew everyone away.

And of course he could be in different draft slots on draft sites. AJ Green, Patrick Peterson and Julio Jones are top 5 players at their positions already. Everybody knew these guys were going to be special just like Von.

Last edited by KCStud; 07-16-2013 at 04:31 PM..