The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2014, 01:51 AM   #251
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
I dunno about change it, but they definitely need some more physical wide receivers. You pretty much have to go all in on next season
Next season is an abortion. I really don't understand why myself and just a couple other people on this board get that. This team is fundamentally flawed. It cannot and will not win a Super Bowl. The Manning experiment has failed.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:03 AM   #252
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Next season is an abortion. I really don't understand why myself and just a couple other people on this board get that. This team is fundamentally flawed. It cannot and will not win a Super Bowl. The Manning experiment has failed.
Just don't see it that way. Game got out of control because of:

a) bad pass protection
b) our receivers lack of physicality
c) manning making a lot of bad decisions under pressure

You can fix the pass protection. And you can acquire more physical, and less finesse wide receivers then Denver currently has. That aspect is flawed, and if Denver goes into next year with Eric Decker having a big pay day, then yes next season likely will be an abortion.

I do think Fox should be fired though. And I don't really care if it's Mike Leach or someone equally horrible that replaces him to be honest. He's terrible at challenges. He's not that great of a game day coach. And he seems literally afraid to win games and routinely gives teams chances to win late--even if they are getting completely outclassed like San Diego and New England were.

This team is an extension of the coach, and going soft like we do late certainly doesn't give the team any form of killer instinct or toughness.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 AM   #253
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

You have got to be kidding me! I guess the Broncos should have gotten rid of Elway after Super Bowl XXIV employing that logic. Calm the F down.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #254
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post

You have got to be kidding me! I guess the Broncos should have gotten rid of Elway after Super Bowl XXIV employing that logic. Calm the F down.

This isn't about Manning, this is about Fox. We could win a Super Bowl with Manning with the right players surrounding him and proper coaching, but Fox simply is not on par with the kinds of coaches that win Super Bowls. He isn't even close honestly.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #255
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Just don't see it that way. Game got out of control because of:

a) bad pass protection
b) our receivers lack of physicality
c) manning making a lot of bad decisions under pressure

You can fix the pass protection. And you can acquire more physical, and less finesse wide receivers then Denver currently has. That aspect is flawed, and if Denver goes into next year with Eric Decker having a big pay day, then yes next season likely will be an abortion.

I do think Fox should be fired though. And I don't really care if it's Mike Leach or someone equally horrible that replaces him to be honest. He's terrible at challenges. He's not that great of a game day coach. And he seems literally afraid to win games and routinely gives teams chances to win late--even if they are getting completely outclassed like San Diego and New England were.

This team is an extension of the coach, and going soft like we do late certainly doesn't give the team any form of killer instinct or toughness.
Well if we change coaches I will retract the "next season is an abortion" statement. Until then I stand by it.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #256
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
This isn't about Manning, this is about Fox. We could win a Super Bowl with Manning with the right players surrounding him and proper coaching, but Fox simply is not on par with the kinds of coaches that win Super Bowls. He isn't even close honestly.
A fox coached team sans Manning made it to a Super Bow..did it not?

Old 02-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #257
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well if we change coaches I will retract the "next season is an abortion" statement. Until then I stand by it.
Which is fine. People are busting your chops about it I think because you think the Manning experiment has failed. To me, while Manning had a bad game, the team was clearly not prepared to play and that has to go back to the coaching staff.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #258
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Broncos can get back because of Manning. I think the injury bug finally showed up today. No Vick/Harris/Miller/Wolfe/Moore on defense. Need Clady back.

The main problem I see is Fox.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 AM   #259
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
A fox coached team sans Manning made it to a Super Bow..did it not?

Ten years ago. A Fox coached team went 2-14 much more recently.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #260
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
And Pete Carroll is?

fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:55 AM   #261
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Which is fine. People are busting your chops about it I think because you think the Manning experiment has failed. To me, while Manning had a bad game, the team was clearly not prepared to play and that has to go back to the coaching staff.
When I say the Manning experiment has failed I should probably say the Manning/Fox experiment has failed. Manning is not the same QB in the playoffs as he is in the regular season, but if we had a really well coached team that won the turnover battle regularly he wouldn't need to be. Right now that isn't the case, and I don't realistically expect a different HC before Manning retires. Unless Manning forces it that is, which I just don't see happening.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:57 AM   #262
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
And Pete Carroll is?

Good lord you are a ****ing idiot. Did you not watch how Seattle played? Did you not see how prepared they were? Do you not understand how Carroll preaches turnovers like the gospel, and how that allowed them to take advantage of our sloppiness? If you don't think Pete Carroll is worlds better than John Fox you have something wrong with your brain.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #263
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Ten years ago. A Fox coached team went 2-14 much more recently.

Get rid of Manning & Fox then what? I'm tired and you're going in circles. I'll check in later..

Old 02-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #264
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Get rid of Manning & Fox then what? I'm tired and you're going in circles. I'll check in later..

I want Fox gone. I'd be happy if Manning retired so we could get off this roller coaster that inevitably drops off a cliff, but I don't believe we can't win a Super Bowl with him if we have a better coached team around him. So basically what I adamantly want is Fox gone. I don't know if we will find an improvement (you never really know until you take the plunge), but I do know that Fox has created a sloppy, soft, stupid team and we aren't winning anything with him in charge next year.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #265
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Good lord you are a ****ing idiot. Did you not watch how Seattle played? Did you not see how prepared they were? Do you not understand how Carroll preaches turnovers like the gospel, and how that allowed them to take advantage of our sloppiness? If you don't think Pete Carroll is worlds better than John Fox you have something wrong with your brain.
You seriously lack wisdom about football or any team sport. You don't seem to have the common sense about the difference between preparation and being physcially outmanned. The game isn't a chess match where it is totally dependent on how good a game plan is. If Carroll coaches this same Bronco team, he will not be more successful in creating turnovers than JDR and Fox. Ultimately, you have to have the players who are ABLE to force their will on the other team and FORCE turnovers. The Bronco players were beaten period. Seattle dominated the lines on both sides of the ball. It wasn't because the game plan was flawed, it was because the guys on one side dominated and the Broncos as a team didn't EXECUTE. Period. Listen to the players, they said the outcome of the game WAS ON THEM. They said THEY didn't execute.

Your school boy responses, using **** words illustrates a low level ability to communicate simply like an adult. Some of us grow up, others never do.

Last edited by dsmoot; 02-03-2014 at 05:21 AM..
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #266
spiralism
Facta Non Verba

You mad bro?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Demarcus Ware

Quote:
It's ridiculous. I don't even expect 8 wins tbh, teams coming from being blown out in a Super Bowl tend to go down the ****ter over the following seasons. We're down DRC, Decker and Moreno next year even to start. Why bother with the bull****? Blow it the **** up and hang Fox out to dry so we can fire him. Manning's not welcome back, no point in him wasting the team's time. His legacy is tainted, he failed, time to hang up the cleats, retire and be thankful he at least won one ring more than Marino.
spiralism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #267
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Should have been a lock for Executive of the Year, imo, no matter how those PFWA retards voted.
^ I'm embarrassed to have posted this.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:24 AM   #268
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
^ I'm embarrassed to have posted this.
Eh, you're just upset, in 2 weeks you'll remember Elway wasn't on the field and the Broncos did win the AFC, beating the Chargers and Pats.

Players probably all caught Cruise Ship-itus of something.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:44 AM   #269
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Elway is doing it wrong..We don't need super QB in today's NFL. He should have concentrated getting nasty players on defense and a coach that is fiery.

If you see this team, there is no leader on offense or defense.Champ and Manning both disappear in big games. Heck, I felt that Moreno plays with more heart than manning.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #270
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Perspective. I'll take 3 outta 3 time AFC west champs over Real Franchise embarrassment. Last night sucked but at least we had interest all season. could of been 4-12 again.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #271
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
I dunno about change it, but they definitely need some more physical wide receivers. You pretty much have to go all in on next season
Maybe the league should not let the Seachickens secondary rape WR's while throwing flags on everybody else our WR's did just fine all year
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #272
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
Elway is doing it wrong..We don't need super QB in today's NFL. He should have concentrated getting nasty players on defense and a coach that is fiery.

If you see this team, there is no leader on offense or defense.Champ and Manning both disappear in big games. Heck, I felt that Moreno plays with more heart than manning.
The same Moreno that stood there watching a rainbow duck pass why the defender ran up and intercepted it and ran it for a TD? Awesome heart
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #273
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Yeah, whatever.

Carroll was preaching the same sh*t twice before being fired as a head coach and almost a dozen times as a D-Coordinator.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #274
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Yeah, whatever.

Carroll was preaching the same sh*t twice before being fired as a head coach and almost a dozen times as a D-Coordinator.
He was fired with NO losing seasons and went to the playoffs in 2 out of his 3 years. It's hard to replace a legend (Bill Parcells).
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #275
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

John Fox teams are actually usually pretty hard-nosed. This team this year was the least like his teams. They turned the ball over a lot and threw a lot and gave up a lot of points. I think Fox needs to get back to being who he is and making the team his again.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote