The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle

Default Rahim Moore: Secret Superstar on the Rise

2013: Moore graded out as ProFootballFocus' No. 8 cover safety prior to going down in game 10 of the 2013 season.

2012: After amassing 11 missed tackles in 43 attempts in 2011 (including the playoffs), Moore had just eight in 96 attempts in 2012. Amazingly, he’d transformed himself from one of the worst-tackling safeties in the league into one of the best. And with a +9.0 grade in the regular season that tied for the 10th-highest of any safety, he was one of the more promising young defenders in the league.

This confirms what I've been saying all along. Rahim Moore is a top 10 FS in the NFL, and has been for 2 years. In fact, he continues to dramatically improve as I documented throughout the 2013 year, until his injury. Mid-season 2013, Rahim Moore became the ball-hawking, playmaking Free Safety that we all hoped for when he was drafted...and he just turned 24. Unfortunately, a leg-compartment injury ended Moore's phenomenal season just as he was truly heating up. Re-watching play after play, it was evident Moore had arrived. Rahim has the drive, the mental make-up, and physical ability to perform at a high level for a long time in the NFL.

Combine that with TJ Ward (+8.1 against the run (#1 overall), above-average against the pass), and the Broncos have one of the very best Safety tandems in the league. With Rahim's skyrocketing improvement, combined with TJ Ward's stellar ability beside him, I expect Moore to have a break-out year aiming for a Pro Bowl appearance and a possible top 5 performance in coverage amongst all Safeties, as the Broncos continue their onslaught toward a World Championship.

I expect Rahim Moore to command no less than $5M per year in Free Agency. The Broncos would be wise to lock him up before the year starts to a long-term deal, which would give the Broncos a top 3 NFL Safety duo for years to come.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Aaaannnd prepare for battle.

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 05-13-2014 at 11:52 PM..
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
pricejj
jungle

For all of you who claim "I'm not on the Rahim bandwagon yet", you might want to hop aboard. His stellar play has been documented for 2 years now. Outside of the most improbable hail mary in playoff history, he's done nothing but become a top 10 FS in the NFL at only 23 years old. He's just coming into his prime. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm giddy about the possibility of a long-term Safety tandem of Ward and Moore. These guys are made for each other. Both intense, superb tacklers, and intelligent. Get ready.

Is Moore the best or the most athletic? No, but I guarantee you he will continue to work his a$$ of to try to be the best. That's exciting to me. What's even better? He's been a Broncos fan for life, just like all of us. Go Broncos!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #4
Bronc0guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
For all of you who claim "I'm not on the Rahim bandwagon yet", you might want to hop aboard. His stellar play has been documented for 2 years now. Outside of the most improbable hail mary in playoff history, he's done nothing but become a top 10 FS in the NFL at only 23 years old. He's just coming into his prime. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'm giddy about the possibility of a long-term Safety tandem of Ward and Moore. These guys are made for each other. Both intense, superb tacklers, and intelligent. Get ready.

Is Moore the best or the most athletic? No, but I guarantee you he will continue to work his a$$ of to try to be the best. That's exciting to me. What's even better? He's been a Broncos fan for life, just like all of us. Go Broncos!
I don't disagree with you. If he comes back from this freak injury at 100%, he could be a big time player. He was improving last year in all phases and having a wayyyy better season than the one before. He screwed up royally against the Ravens, but what's done is done. I hope he comes back healthy and continues to evolve into the kind of player I know he's capable of being. Having said that, many maners are not feeling the dream. This will be an interesting thread to read tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

The fact that the Broncos did not even sniff a safety in the draft should tell us all we need to know about Moore. They like him, and have no worries about his leg.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 PM   #6
Bronc0guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
The fact that the Broncos did not even sniff a safety in the draft should tell us all we need to know about Moore. They like him, and have no worries about his leg.
Ditto. Depth is a possible concern at the position, IMO.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
He was improving last year in all phases and having a wayyyy better season than the one before.
Pro Football Focus listed Moore as a Secret Superstar after the 2012 season, when he graded out +9.0, 10th amongst ALL Safeties.

Don't let that one play fool you. The statistics bear out that he was performing at a high level in 2012. In mid-2013, he kicked it into high-gear. Man, I hope he continues where he left off.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Wow, good article for Moore. He has been a good tackler for two years now ever since his poor 2011 season. That being said, I would love for him to be more of a playmaker. He has great range and speed, intercepting about 5 passes would be cool!!!
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Awesome. Hope he learned how to play the deep ball after his 10 games off last season.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #10
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray

Still not sold on him being a ballhawk, though he was playing better last year before his injury. I'd love to see him take another step forward this year.
Sly_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #11
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Stay healthy and our D will be top 5 in my opinion
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:23 AM   #12
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

In Elway I Trust

I'm on the bandwagon let's go!
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:25 AM   #13
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Ditto. Depth is a possible concern at the position, IMO.
Our depth at S is as good as any team in the league.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:49 AM   #14
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Rust and full recovery are the 2 questions I have, his play was not.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #15
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

Moore and superstar do not belong together in the same sentence unless it's referring to the receiver he attempts to cover.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:36 AM   #16
CEH
Ring of Famer

Rahim actually made Duke better last year .

I can say that with as much conviction as the ppl who want to replace Moore

Moore went to Switzerland to rehab and is back 100% and ready to go

Looking forward to seeing him progress and contribute to this defense
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:58 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Got to see Lady Gaga

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Moore and superstar do not belong together in the same sentence unless it's referring to the receiver he attempts to cover.
He sure made Flacco and Jones look like superstars.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:14 AM   #18
Br0nc0Buster
You honeydicking?

Super Bowl 50 Champs

I'm not sure I would say he is a ballhawk
He only had 2 picks last year

But still he is pretty good
Just hope he comes back healthy

That Baltimore game really prevented a lot of people from viewing him objectively
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #19
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

I'm really not sure how or what they were looking at Moore received a 9.0, being the 10th highest safety. I read an article last November that ranked the safeties. It was more in line with what I was seeing. They had the top shelf which included Earl Thomas, Byrd, Ward (hell yes), etc. Then the next level which included Weddle, Polamalu, etc. Then those with pro bowl potential, Vaccaro, Cyprien, Barron, etc. Then the solid starters which included Church (which I think should have been next level), Rolle, Goldshon, and yes, Ihenacho. Moore was in the best of the rest.

For the most part I have to agree based on what I see and not totally stats because stats NEVER tell the whole story. But if you want to mention stats, as I said above, I have no idea what they based that 9.0 on because Moore is lousy at INT's, I counted 11 safeties that had more tackles than him in 2012. He appears to be another player on the Broncos that we are fine with settling for as he has "flashes". Too far between.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #20
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Let's see how he recovers from the leg injury first. We obviously don't have too many options on the roster this year, so we need him to be a big time player.

IMO - the best thing going for Rahim is a healthy and hungry d-line. If we get Von and Demarcus firing on all cylinders, it will sure make Rahim's job a lot easier.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #21
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Ward is going to free him up a ton...I think this combo will be awesome to watch. Actually on paper, our secondary is going to really work well together and allow freedoms not a lot different than Seattle enjoys. Not as good mind you, but the same theories. Safeties making corners better, corners making safeties better.

Hell, our front 7 will benefit and help at the same time as well. Hard not to be excited for this defense.

Last edited by Rabb; 05-14-2014 at 06:28 AM..
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:45 AM   #22
stoxman
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Our depth at S is as good as any team in the league.
I think we are talking QUALITY depth. Nacho Bruton and freakin Bolden are not quality depth! We need upgades here as last year showed. We gave up something like 5th or 6th most yards against the pass and had numerous big plays against us deep. Romo torched us.

I would have liked to see a draft pick or another FA here. Brock Vereen taken by Chicago at our slot before the trade in the 4th is one to watch!
stoxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:07 AM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Hopefully price is right. I have my doubts though.

This defense has the talent to rival Seattles when healthy.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #24
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Thought this might be worthwhile thread, only to find it based on PFF nonsense.

Oh well.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #25
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Pricejj, he has been in the top 10 for two years? You smoking dope. Even the article you quote basically said he sucked at tackling in 2012. He is coming off massive major surgery and lucky to be able to resume his career. Broncos need him to be a stud but I wont put him on any pedestal before training camp.

The hype is strong in your post.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote