The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2016, 09:21 PM   #1
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Why your team sucks: Patriots

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...ots-1786042247

This was a thread started by a Patriots fan, but was moved to the butt. Not sure why...

I didn't see another thread, so I am starting it again here.

Lots of funny stuff. For example:

Quote:
Frankly, I’m stunned that Belichick ever allows his photo to be taken, or his name to be publicly released. Bill Belichick is probably a fake name, now that I think about it. His birth name is probably Dave Hitler. He is a faceless monster from the Upside Down.
Stranger Things references!


Also, this sums up their insecure fan base perfectly:

Quote:
Take pride, Boston. No one will ever topple you. You are ****. You ace every category of Bad Fandom: self-pity, racism, arrogance, whininess, racism, entitlement, paranoia, racism, defensiveness… all of it. Thanks to your ultimate defeat in Ballghazi, you are now a permanent voting bloc of the pathologically insane and stupid. Look at Toilet Boy Bill Simmons trying to wring a SECOND horrible bit out of Ballghazi months and months after the fact. This man is a sociopath, just like the rest of you.

Imagine how miserable you have to be to get me to take Roger Goodell’s side in anything. And yet, here we are. The derangement is real. All I need to see is a 12 jersey in your Twitter avatar to know that you’re a Shutter Island patient. Not only do Boston fans still congratulate themselves on living in that miserable ****hole of a town (even when they don’t live there anymore), but they all pretend that they invented takes that have been commonplace forever. WHY THE FACK AREN’T PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HOW BAD RAWDGAH GOODELL IS?! MUST I DO EVERYTHING? These are trashy people with ZERO self-awareness: filing bull**** lawsuits, manufacturing their own realities, and expecting the world to embrace them at every turn.
I seriously cannot add anything more to this. I've never seen a fan base that has won so much act like they have never won anything in their lives. It would be like if Muhammad Ali did everything he did in his career, except in interviews and with the press he was a more demonstratively insecure Woody Allen. It doesn't make any sense. It's like Boston fans, after years of being the woe is me group of the sports world, didn't know how to behave after the SB's and the World Series wins.

"What do we do without self-pity?"

"Manufacture it!"

"Fahk yeah!"
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #2
69bronco
Ring of Famer
 
69bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sunshine
Default

One of the Patriots scrotes on here linked that recently but I don't remember who or which thread I read it, good stuff
69bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:50 PM   #3
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 19,074

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Clicked on thread cause Stranger Things!!!!
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 27,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Miserable fan base. They actually think they have never cheated. They hired a former Broncos coach that got caught cheating but they can't recognize that he did the same thing in previous years with their own Patriots team. That is all you need to know how blinded they are and cannot wait until Bills or Dolphins take over that division. They are the Barry Bonds of football. They really don't have to cheat but their need of winning every single game at any price possible makes them the franchise they have embraced.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:50 AM   #5
Das Rote Baron
PV=nRT
 
Das Rote Baron's Avatar
 
Auf Wiedersehen

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Not In Colorado
Posts: 852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sanchize
Default

Yeah I started a thread when it came out. I think the series is pretty funny. He pretty much rips on every team and it's fan base. I look at it like, "if you can't laugh at yourself". Anyways my favorite line was "Here’s Martellus Bennett, yet another tight end auditioning to be the less murderous version of Aaron Hernandez".

I'm waiting for the Broncos version. Today or tomorrow? If someone doesn't post it first I will but I'm sure If I do a mod will move it.

original post:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124058

Last edited by Das Rote Baron; 09-07-2016 at 03:58 AM..
Das Rote Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:55 AM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 15,646

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default

Grumpmaster Flash - Perfect

Your quarterback: Orange County housewife Tom Brady, seen here watching a butterfly go past.

gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:57 AM   #7
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Miserable fan base. They actually think they have never cheated. They hired a former Broncos coach that got caught cheating but they can't recognize that he did the same thing in previous years with their own Patriots team. That is all you need to know how blinded they are and cannot wait until Bills or Dolphins take over that division. They are the Barry Bonds of football. They really don't have to cheat but their need of winning every single game at any price possible makes them the franchise they have embraced.
We've experienced a Super Bowl victory an average of every four years in the Brady/BB era. We're hardly miserable over here
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #8
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 27,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
We've experienced a Super Bowl victory an average of every four years in the Brady/BB era. We're hardly miserable over here
Lol, that is why you and your fan base try to change our minds to get rid of the * next to those wins. If you aren't miserable, most of the country outside New England think you guys are miserable.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #9
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,278
Default

The reality is that the cheaters had to break the rules in various ways for 10 years before the NFL begrudgingly busted them again. And that's why these psychopathic losers check a Broncos board on a daily basis, while their cheating suspended QB rots on the bench.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #10
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
We've experienced a Super Bowl victory an average of every four years in the Brady/BB era. We're hardly miserable over here
You guys absolutely don't act like it. From your behavior, you'd think you were Browns fans. You're all hysterical whiners, more obsessed with Brady being regarded as "the best" and the rest of the world ignoring the mountains of cheating evidence than you are with actually enjoying your team's greatness.

You guys only appreciated your last Super Bowl win in the context of how it spoke to Brady's legacy - even though it had more to do with bad play calling from the Seahawks and a great play by a DB than "Bady's awesome-sauce" ability. It was like after the win, the Boston narrative was "now Brady's the best!"

And you see the rest of the league through that stupid lens. After Peyton won his second ring, the owner was pushing people over to point out Brady had more than both Manning's. My favorite was the petition to have Manning's stats stricken from the record. Manning statistical domination over Brady really pisses off the Baseball familiar crowd of Boston fans. Anything that weakens Brady's claim to being the best is not tolerated.

You guys don't even enjoy football. You don't even act like you enjoy your team. You're so dialed in on the Brady legacy and brow-beating everyone into agreeing with you that you've all turned into miserable *****. It's like that's the point of your football team now; To win an argument about quarterbacks.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #11
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,278
Default

Are these cheater trolls the same ones who say they're "quitting football" when bellicheat retires?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You guys absolutely don't act like it. From your behavior, you'd think you were Browns fans. You're all hysterical whiners, more obsessed with Brady being regarded as "the best" and the rest of the world ignoring the mountains of cheating evidence than you are with actually enjoying your team's greatness.

You guys only appreciated your last Super Bowl win in the context of how it spoke to Brady's legacy - even though it had more to do with bad play calling from the Seahawks and a great play by a DB than "Bady's awesome-sauce" ability. It was like after the win, the Boston narrative was "now Brady's the best!"

And you see the rest of the league through that stupid lens. After Peyton won his second ring, the owner was pushing people over to point out Brady had more than both Manning's. My favorite was the petition to have Manning's stats stricken from the record. Manning statistical domination over Brady really pisses off the Baseball familiar crowd of Boston fans. Anything that weakens Brady's claim to being the best is not tolerated.

You guys don't even enjoy football. You don't even act like you enjoy your team. You're so dialed in on the Brady legacy and brow-beating everyone into agreeing with you that you've all turned into miserable *****. It's like that's the point of your football team now; To win an argument about quarterbacks.
Meh. I call it being "rough around the edges." Not miserable. Arrogant, cocky, whiny? Sure. But I'm far from miserable here enjoying the greatest dynasty in NFL history.
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:15 AM   #13
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Lol, that is why you and your fan base try to change our minds to get rid of the * next to those wins. If you aren't miserable, most of the country outside New England think you guys are miserable.
I think we collectively give a **** too much about what others think of our team. I'm guilty of it too. So are you guys and every other sports fan. But I think that comes with the nature of being fan, nothing specific to Pats fans. And again that isn't being miserable, it's being insufferable
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,475

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
I think we collectively give a **** too much about what others think of our team. I'm guilty of it too. So are you guys and every other sports fan. But I think that comes with the nature of being fan, nothing specific to Pats fans. And again that isn't being miserable, it's being insufferable
You are correct.....the appropriate word is "insufferable".....which is exactly what most Pats' fans are.

Typical conversation:

Pats fan: "Tom Brady is the greatest QB Evaaah!"

Non-pats fan: "Yeah, he's certainly in the conversation. There are so many, and the eras have changed.....but sure, he's definitely one of the greatest."

Pats fan: "What do you mean, 'ONE OF'?? Are you telling me you don't agree that he is THE SINGLE GREATEST evaaaah?!?!"

Non-pats fan: "Like I said, he's clearly in the conversation....but honestly, it's hard to pinpoint the SINGLE greatest......different eras, different surrounding talent, etc."

Pats fan: "You must be fuuuukin moorahn!! Brady is the greatest, and anyone who disagrees is stooopid!"



And there's the point.......Pats fans, more than any other fans I've debated with, INSIST upon you that you agree with their takes....and if you don't, well....you're either a "moron", a "hater", "jealous", etc.

Ironically, this is what Pats fans don't understand......we aren't jealous of their success. Speaking for myself, I hate the Patriots mostly due to the fanbase, for reasons cited above. Additionally, it's the ARROGANCE of Belichick constantly sticking it to the league, the poor press, etc. He's an ass....pure and simple. Unfortunately, that arrogance has also trickled down to the fans......they act as if football didn't exist before 2001.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #15
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
You are correct.....the appropriate word is "insufferable".....which is exactly what most Pats' fans are.

Typical conversation:

Pats fan: "Tom Brady is the greatest QB Evaaah!"

Non-pats fan: "Yeah, he's certainly in the conversation. There are so many, and the eras have changed.....but sure, he's definitely one of the greatest."

Pats fan: "What do you mean, 'ONE OF'?? Are you telling me you don't agree that he is THE SINGLE GREATEST evaaaah?!?!"

Non-pats fan: "Like I said, he's clearly in the conversation....but honestly, it's hard to pinpoint the SINGLE greatest......different eras, different surrounding talent, etc."

Pats fan: "You must be fuuuukin moorahn!! Brady is the greatest, and anyone who disagrees is stooopid!"



And there's the point.......Pats fans, more than any other fans I've debated with, INSIST upon you that you agree with their takes....and if you don't, well....you're either a "moron", a "hater", "jealous", etc.

Ironically, this is what Pats fans don't understand......we aren't jealous of their success. Speaking for myself, I hate the Patriots mostly due to the fanbase, for reasons cited above. Additionally, it's the ARROGANCE of Belichick constantly sticking it to the league, the poor press, etc. He's an ass....pure and simple. Unfortunately, that arrogance has also trickled down to the fans......they act as if football didn't exist before 2001.
Sorry that you run into too many of those. Maybe try not reading the ESPN comment section or FB pages and you'll get way better arguments than simply being called stupid for not classifying Brady as the GOAT (he is). I think of all positions, QBs are the hardest to point to a "best ever" because of the, fair or not, attachment of wins and championships compared to other positions.

When you talk about the best receiver of all time, you think about guys like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. You think of actual ability as a receiver, speed, athleticism, longevity and stats. But when it comes to QB, it's not so simple. I could entertain arguments that Brady is probably not the best passer of all time. Maybe not the best QB of all time. But the greatest? If you don't have him at top two with Montana I think you'll be hard pressed to convince anyone, much less Patriots fans, why you think so. To me it seems that GOAT at QB is much more of a debatable topic than GOAT at other positions because so much of it comes down to things you can't put in the box score or calculate it with statistics. That's why there's always such a passionate and heated argument about it. I won't call you a moron or stupid if you disagree that he's not the greatest ever, but I'll probably wonder why you feel that way, see that you're a Broncos fan, and answer my own question. Much like you would or other folks here would if I were a Raiders fan who didn't believe Elway was a top 5 all-time QB
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:21 AM   #16
Das Rote Baron
PV=nRT
 
Das Rote Baron's Avatar
 
Auf Wiedersehen

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Not In Colorado
Posts: 852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sanchize
Default

Why Your Team Sucks Broncos Edition

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-su...cos-1786098524

Last edited by Das Rote Baron; 09-07-2016 at 11:30 AM..
Das Rote Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:22 PM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 27,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
I think we collectively give a **** too much about what others think of our team. I'm guilty of it too. So are you guys and every other sports fan. But I think that comes with the nature of being fan, nothing specific to Pats fans. And again that isn't being miserable, it's being insufferable
I don't go to other boards and of I did, I would let my great franchise do the talking for me. There really isn't much other teams cam say negatively about the Broncos. We have a great organization, great owner, getting much better legacy and the fans are one of the top 5 in the NFL.

I am secure with my team but I don't think Pats fans are at the least. Almost like they need to boost it up where the Celt is were in their dynasty.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #18
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
We've experienced a Super Bowl victory an average of every four years in the Brady/BB era. We're hardly miserable over here
Every one of which has an * next to it
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:38 PM   #19
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Every one of which has an * next to it
You're god damn right. And we'll cheat every year, screw your team over, win another one, put another * on it, and there aint a damn thing you'll be able to do about it. We'll have a parade either way.
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #20
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer
 
LetsGoBroncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Defiant Goose View Post
You're god damn right. And we'll cheat every year, screw your team over, win another one, put another * on it, and there aint a damn thing you'll be able to do about it. We'll have a parade either way.
Great, so you've acknowledged your titles are not legitimate. My mission is complete.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #21
A Defiant Goose
Ring of Famer
 
A Defiant Goose's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Titletown USA
Posts: 1,105

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Great, so you've acknowledged your titles are not legitimate. My mission is complete.
They sure aren't. And we don't care. They still shine like they were and they still brought me much joy.
A Defiant Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:03 PM   #22
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17,278
Default

These psychos are pretty cocky for being gifted one SB in the last 13 years, with a 40 year-old convicted cheater rotting on the bench, who can't play dead in Mile High.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Denver Broncos