The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Broncos announce 2016 training camp schedule

The Denver Broncos’ 2016 training camp will be held at UCHealth Training Center in Englewood, Colo., with 15 practices open to the public beginning Thursday, July 28 (9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.).

Each of the 15 practices open to fans will take place from 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. MDT at the team’s headquarters. The final day of training camp open to fans (Aug. 17) will feature a joint practice session with the San Francisco 49ers.

Below is a complete schedule as well as other important information for fans planning to attend training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...0-f0dff94d4efc
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2016, 11:33 AM   #2
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
The Denver Broncos’ 2016 training camp will be held at UCHealth Training Center in Englewood, Colo., with 15 practices open to the public beginning Thursday, July 28 (9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.).

Each of the 15 practices open to fans will take place from 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m. MDT at the team’s headquarters. The final day of training camp open to fans (Aug. 17) will feature a joint practice session with the San Francisco 49ers.

Below is a complete schedule as well as other important information for fans planning to attend training camp.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...0-f0dff94d4efc
This gets me excited for the season (pay Von)! It's also the day I retire, 7/28. A great day all around!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
This gets me excited for the season (pay Von)! It's also the day I retire, 7/28. A great day all around!
Congrats, gunns! But be prepared to be more busy in your retirement then while working. Just make sure it is a bunch of stuff you have always wanted to do, and you'll be just fine. Good luck!
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:40 PM   #4
pricejj
jungle

Wonder why they don't have Invesco practices anymore?
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:05 PM   #5
BroncoFox
Cheervixen

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Joint practice with the Niners! I bet teams like practicing with the Broncos in Denver now. =)

BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #6
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I'm going to the 7/30 practice!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Wonder why they don't have Invesco practices anymore?
I thought they only did those last year while Dove Valley was being redone because fans couldn't attend training camp.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I thought they only did those last year while Dove Valley was being redone because fans couldn't attend training camp.
The Fox regime had a yearly scrimmage at Invesco, but looks like Kubiak ended it.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #9
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The Fox regime had a yearly scrimmage at Invesco, but looks like Kubiak ended it.
It actually started with McDaniels
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:19 AM   #10
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
It actually started with McDaniels
I was at that first scrimmage with SoCal, Khan and a few others. One of the Maners there - don't recall his name - he was major psyched 'cause he had just dropped $200+ on an authentic Broncos orange game jersey. Orange was barely even the alternate jersey then, I don't think the team had worn them more than two or three times ever. So it was way cool. But the guy's favorite part was the big 22 emblazoned on each side, and the name HILLIS stitched across the back. Peyton himself signed it after the scrimmage (a different Peyton, kids, and Pricejj).

Muckdanyulls was such a sap, he blew his top 5 or 6 times that night - berating guys and haphazardly changing the orders of the scrimmage sets - he seemed like a real loose cannon.

Best part was a small group of fans nearby. They were selling out for Tony Scheffler the whole way, cheering any mention of him ... and they stayed positive, energetic and loud the whole way through. As it turned out, Mrs. Tony Scheffler was captain of the little fan club that could. I suppose things worked out pretty well for them after Muck traded them to the Lions, they both grew up Lions fans in Michigan.

But the Scheffler trade was pretty bad ... might even qualify for the prestigious Top 10 List of the Most Vile Muckdanyulls Bed-Shatting Episodes over his whole sorry 23-month demolition job. He sent away Tony and a 7th rounder ... got back a 5th-rounder. Maybe not as bad as trading the pick that became Earl Thomas III for the pick that became Alphonso Smith II, but bad.

All that fail, and a profligate cheater too ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:43 AM   #11
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Trading Tony "I Can't Wait For the Season to End" Scheffler was hardly one of McDip****'s worst moves. In fact it's probably one of the better ones.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #12
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I was at that first scrimmage with SoCal, Khan and a few others. One of the Maners there - don't recall his name - he was major psyched 'cause he had just dropped $200+ on an authentic Broncos orange game jersey. Orange was barely even the alternate jersey then, I don't think the team had worn them more than two or three times ever. So it was way cool. But the guy's favorite part was the big 22 emblazoned on each side, and the name HILLIS stitched across the back. Peyton himself signed it after the scrimmage (a different Peyton, kids, and Pricejj).

Muckdanyulls was such a sap, he blew his top 5 or 6 times that night - berating guys and haphazardly changing the orders of the scrimmage sets - he seemed like a real loose cannon.

Best part was a small group of fans nearby. They were selling out for Tony Scheffler the whole way, cheering any mention of him ... and they stayed positive, energetic and loud the whole way through. As it turned out, Mrs. Tony Scheffler was captain of the little fan club that could. I suppose things worked out pretty well for them after Muck traded them to the Lions, they both grew up Lions fans in Michigan.

But the Scheffler trade was pretty bad ... might even qualify for the prestigious Top 10 List of the Most Vile Muckdanyulls Bed-Shatting Episodes over his whole sorry 23-month demolition job. He sent away Tony and a 7th rounder ... got back a 5th-rounder. Maybe not as bad as trading the pick that became Earl Thomas III for the pick that became Alphonso Smith II, but bad.

I still grit my teeth over the Maroney trade for a 4th rounder. Dude wasn't worth trading for, let alone a 4th rounder. McDaniels was so clueless and sorry.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #13
WoodMan
Ring of Famer

Just 10 days out until football season.
WoodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #14
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

Now that Von is signed, what becomes the biggest concern for this year's team? The QB competition seems the most obvious but may be over early if Sanchez starts well. For me, the interesting ones will be (a) the TE competition (I really think Heuerman could be a godsend), (b) the FB position (will Juwan be able to secure a spot given we drafted what looks to be a beast this year?) and (c)will Schofield even make the team with the newly signed and returning depth to the OL.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:04 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

“In Denver, we didn’t have this many fans at all,” he said. “We weren’t even able to accommodate that many fans (at practice). That’s Chicago Bears fans for you. They’re proud of their Bears.

“It’s a lot (different). Denver’s like a 6 and Chicago’s like a 9. It’s a quite bit different. Just the fans and how passionate they are, that’s probably the biggest difference.”
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM   #16
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

"Get my pies outta the oven."

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Now that Von is signed, what becomes the biggest concern for this year's team? The QB competition seems the most obvious but may be over early if Siemian starts well. For me, the interesting ones will be (a) the TE competition (I really think Heuerman could be a godsend), (b) the FB position (will Juwan be able to secure a spot given we drafted what looks to be a beast this year?) and (c)will Schofield even make the team with the newly signed and returning depth to the OL.
Fixed it for ya.
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:58 AM   #17
yerner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Sanchize

I can't believe we're getting a fullback.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #18
Brandon29
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hey guys, I just moved to Colorado and have a few questions for those of you who have been to training camp.

How early should I get there? Am I allowed to bring in a folding chair?

I live in Greenwood Village and am pumped the facility is less than 10 minutes from my house!
Brandon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #19
Powderaddict
Saw Lady Gaga

Sissies Ite Domum!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I would get there are early as possible, even like 7 or 7:30. You won't be allowed to use a folding chair. Well, at the old site you were not allowed, I'm assuming it will be the same at the new site.
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:29 AM   #20
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
Fixed it for ya.
Wishful thinking. I see Kubes leaning toward veterans and if Sanchez gives him a reason to believe, he'll go all in on him. I hope Siemian is the next FU Tom Brady in the making and would not mind if he made Sanchez expendable but don't see it playing out that way.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:57 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Wishful thinking. I see Kubes leaning toward veterans and if Sanchez gives him a reason to believe, he'll go all in on him. I hope Siemian is the next FU Tom Brady in the making and would not mind if he made Sanchez expendable but don't see it playing out that way.
Siemian is the next Desert or Brandstater. The late round or udfa QB that for some reason the fan base starts jumping on his Dickinson when he will most likely be out of the league in the next couple seasons.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:32 AM   #22
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen

Blimey me hearties

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Siemian is the next Desert or Brandstater. The late round or udfa QB that for some reason the fan base starts jumping on his Dickinson when he will most likely be out of the league in the next couple seasons.
I'm not sure we've seen enough of him to make that determination yet but, as always, I will defer to Kubes on that.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:37 AM   #23
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post

Ugh. Please never remind me that Earl Thomas could be wearing a Broncos jersey.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:20 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
I'm not sure we've seen enough of him to make that determination yet but, as always, I will defer to Kubes on that.
Yes I want to see more of Siemian.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #25
Greatspirits
Ring of Famer

"TD"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
Joint practice with the Niners! I bet teams like practicing with the Broncos in Denver now. =)

Yep, they really like those 4:20 practices!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote