The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default Research suggests that psychedelic drugs might enhance telepathic, precognitive, and psychokinetic a

LSD & ESP: Scientific Studies of Psychics and Psychedelics

Research suggests that psychedelic drugs might enhance telepathic, precognitive, and psychokinetic abilities.

By David Jay Brown / Source: SantaCruz Patch

Few people are aware that there have been numerous, carefully-controlled scientific experiments with telepathy, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other types of psychic phenomena, which have consistently produced compelling, statistically-significant results that conventional science is at a loss to explain.

Even most scientists are currently unaware of the vast abundance of compelling scientific evidence for psychic phenomena, which has resulted from over a century of parapsychological research.

Hundreds of carefully-controlled studies -- in which psi researchers continuously redesigned experiments to address the comments from their critics -- have produced results that demonstrate small but statistically significant effects for psi phenomena, such as telepathy, precognition, and psychokinesis.

According to psychologist Dean Radin, a meta-analysis of this research demonstrates that the positive results from these studies are significant with odds in the order of many billions to one.

Princeton University, the Stanford Research Institute, Duke University, the Institute of Noetic Science, the U.S. and Russian governments, and many other respectable institutions, have spent years researching these mysterious phenomena, and conventional science is at a loss to explain the results.

This research -- which was originally published in numerous peer-reviewed scientific journals over the past century -- is summarized Radin's remarkable book The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena. Just as fascinating as the research into psychic phenomena is the controversy that surrounds it.

In my own experience researching the possibility of telepathy in animals, and other unexplained phenomena with British biologist Rupert Sheldrake, I discovered that many people are eager to share personal anecdotes about psychic events in their life -- such as remarkable coincidences, uncanny premonitions, precognitive dreams, and seemingly telepathic communications.

In these cases, the scientific studies simply confirm life experiences. However, many scientists that I've spoken with haven't reviewed the evidence, and remain doubtful that there is any reality to psychic phenomenon, because the mechanism isn't understood yet.

Nonetheless, surveys conducted by British biologist Rupert Sheldrake and myself reveal that around 78% of the population has had unexplainable "psychic" experiences, and the scientific evidence supports the validity of these experiences.

http://www.mindpowernews.com/LSDandESP.htm
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

I knew you were going to post this.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Few people are aware that there have been numerous, carefully-controlled scientific experiments with telepathy, psychokinesis, remote viewing, and other types of psychic phenomena, which have consistently produced compelling, statistically-significant results that conventional science is at a loss to explain.
Actually, this sentence is a complete lie.

But of course baja believes this ****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Actually, this sentence is a complete lie.

But of course baja believes this ****.

As per the norm Wags shoots from the hip and runs to the mail box to collect his government shill check.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I knew you were going to post this.




....and I knew you knew.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #6
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
As per the norm Wags shoots from the hip and runs to the mail box to collect his government shill check.
JREF's million dollars is quite safe.

As I said, the claim in the OP is just plain false. There are no instances of scientifically-validated instances of various "psychic" phenomena. None.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
JREF's million dollars is quite safe.

As I said, the claim in the OP is just plain false. There are no instances of scientifically-validated instances of various "psychic" phenomena. None.
Really? Go outside and look at your car, the right front tire will be flat or very low on air.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Really? Go outside and look at your car, the right front tire will be flat or very low on air.
Nope. Checked 'em last week. They're fine.

How come JREF's million dollars is still around, if the claim in the OP is correct?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
baja
It is what it Is.
 
baja's Avatar
 
Pay attention.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,375

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

because John of God refused to make a claim for it
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
because John of God refused to make a claim for it
Who is "John of God"? This, but waaaaay bigger?

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #11
Marshall Dumervil
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 344

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I figured out the meaning of life once on mushrooms. Bad thing is I can't remember what it was.
Marshall Dumervil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Dumervil View Post
I figured out the meaning of life once on mushrooms. Bad thing is I can't remember what it was.
I had the same realization on peyote.

The answer was: Laughter.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #13
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,051

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

http://psychedelicfrontier.com/2013/...-unlearn-fear/

Low dose psychedelics increase neurogenesis, help mice unlearn fear




You are all in possession of a Schedule 1 drug:

http://disinfo.com/2013/05/breakthro...-of-live-rats/
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

This is why these forums have become less interesting. Someone starts a thread about about a subject, but some people have a habit when responding, instead of sticking to content, likely butt hurt from some other thread, the person just gets personal attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the subject. And yet people that do this will claim they want discussion and debate, yet do this sort of ad hominem crap every day, all day. It has gotten really old and one can see I am not alone seeing how fewer and fewer threads and posts are made when compared to what it used to be around here.

Heck, as soon as say Gaff posts a thread and it doesn't matter what it is about, the attack circle jerk crowd comes and totally ignore the content and just does the usual name calling garbage. Agree or disagree, but can one do so regardless of who posted? Or better yet, maybe ignore the thread if don't like it instead of asking what Venus is or why he writes books or whatever other silly inane idiocy is thought of. I know liberals are idiots, but I spend little time responding to each and every stupid post they make, much less every single juvenile insult they can only think of making each and every day. Can some people try to show some impulse control and stop this crap already? Geez.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
This is why these forums have become less interesting. Someone starts a thread about about a subject, but some people have a habit when responding, instead of sticking to content, likely butt hurt from some other thread, the person just gets personal attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the subject. And yet people that do this will claim they want discussion and debate, yet do this sort of ad hominem crap every day, all day. It has gotten really old and one can see I am not alone seeing how fewer and fewer threads and posts are made when compared to what it used to be around here.

Heck, as soon as say Gaff posts a thread and it doesn't matter what it is about, the attack circle jerk crowd comes and totally ignore the content and just does the usual name calling garbage. Agree or disagree, but can one do so regardless of who posted? Or better yet, maybe ignore the thread if don't like it instead of asking what Venus is or why he writes books or whatever other silly inane idiocy is thought of. I know liberals are idiots, but I spend little time responding to each and every stupid post they make, much less every single juvenile insult they can only think of making each and every day. Can some people try to show some impulse control and stop this crap already? Geez.
You're on a roll today.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
This is why these forums have become less interesting. Someone starts a thread about about a subject, but some people have a habit when responding, instead of sticking to content, likely butt hurt from some other thread, the person just gets personal attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the subject. And yet people that do this will claim they want discussion and debate, yet do this sort of ad hominem crap every day, all day. It has gotten really old and one can see I am not alone seeing how fewer and fewer threads and posts are made when compared to what it used to be around here.

Heck, as soon as say Gaff posts a thread and it doesn't matter what it is about, the attack circle jerk crowd comes and totally ignore the content and just does the usual name calling garbage. Agree or disagree, but can one do so regardless of who posted? Or better yet, maybe ignore the thread if don't like it instead of asking what Venus is or why he writes books or whatever other silly inane idiocy is thought of. I know liberals are idiots, but I spend little time responding to each and every stupid post they make, much less every single juvenile insult they can only think of making each and every day. Can some people try to show some impulse control and stop this crap already? Geez.
I hereby nominate those post for hypocrite of the month award.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #17
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I hereby nominate those post for hypocrite of the month award.
, says someone who is guilty of this garbage more than anyone, like now. Try and find a post I have made about you personally where you didn't even make a post in the thread, which again, is unlike you.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #18
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
You're on a roll today.
Another one who does the type of thing I just mentioned. You always prove my point, thank you
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, says someone who is guilty of this garbage more than anyone, like now. Try and find a post I have made about you personally where you didn't even make a post in the thread, which again, is unlike you.
Impossible, because you never directly respond to anyone, nor do you engage in any debate. You simply come in, windows rolled down and guns blazing with anti-liberal rhetoric conveniently devoid of facts or links, let alone precedent or logic.

You are what's wrong with the world. Lets start there and everything else will fall into place.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Impossible, because you never directly respond to anyone, nor do you engage in any debate. You simply come in, windows rolled down and guns blazing with anti-liberal rhetoric conveniently devoid of facts or links, let alone precedent or logic.

You are what's wrong with the world. Lets start there and everything else will fall into place.
^^
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,882

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, says someone who is guilty of this garbage more than anyone, like now. Try and find a post I have made about you personally where you didn't even make a post in the thread, which again, is unlike you.

I almost always provide actual content relevant to the discussion gong on. Any claim to the contrary is absurd. A lot of folks don't like what I have to say, but that's fine.

The only time I don't put the effort in to do so, is in cases like this post where the person doing the posting is just spamming the board with crap, and violating one of the few and far between forum rules (don't commit copyright infringement and get the site in trouble) along the way.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Another one who does the type of thing I just mentioned. You always prove my point, thank you
Right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Anybody suggesting Wolfe play DE in a 4-3 doesn't know crap about football.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #23
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Dumervil View Post
I figured out the meaning of life once on mushrooms. Bad thing is I can't remember what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I had the same realization on peyote.

The answer was: Laughter.
but have you ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time ?
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #24
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
Say 'what' again, I dare you

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
but have you ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time ?
You ever been on mushrooms and peyote at the same time.... on weed?

Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I almost always provide actual content relevant to the discussion gong on. Any claim to the contrary is absurd. A lot of folks don't like what I have to say, but that's fine.

The only time I don't put the effort in to do so, is in cases like this post where the person doing the posting is just spamming the board with crap, and violating one of the few and far between forum rules (don't commit copyright infringement and get the site in trouble) along the way.
, sure man, says the guy whose first comment in this thread was just an attack on a poster and nothing about the content. So you did it in this very thread, but yeah, you don't do that. , pure genius.

Last edited by barryr; 07-17-2013 at 11:42 AM..
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Denver Broncos