The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #26
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Having done newscasts and read off of teleprompters, I can say I feel for the newslady lol.

I would have probably read "Go **** Yourself San Diego" as well if it came up.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #27
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default Names of Asiana Pilots released by KTVU News

Asiana Pilots names from KTVU News

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #28
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Nailed it
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #29
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Baba Booey
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=111424
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #31
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Oops..... didn't see the other thread, how do you cancel a thread?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #32
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

R O R
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Still think this was funnier:

Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #34
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Would be funny but it's tough to laugh when people died during the event being referenced
While its tragic for those somehow involved, your comment just comes off as holier than thow.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Better ruck tomorrow.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
A summer intern? Rofl...
You know he was he one that did it. They have it as he unsuspecting accepted the names but that is one classic joke for us all.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #37
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Would be funny but it's tough to laugh when people died during the event being referenced
Really? Is this how you walk around all day long? When you were in NYC, did you not laugh at all or be happy in the presence of where the WT Towers were located?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #38
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Paging Mike Hunt, Mike Hunt to the white courtesy phone.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Still think this was funnier:

Can you imagine the outrage that would pour out if it was black pilots and someone made a headline with same jab. That one is pretty funny though.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #40
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

This thread makes me hungry......

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
While its tragic for those somehow involved, your comment just comes off as holier than thow.
I have a hard time with these. I know Liberals are supposed to come off as holier than now, but tens of thousands of people die everyday...... how is this not funny?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #42
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- Asiana announced Monday that it will sue a San Francisco TV station that it said damaged the airline's reputation by using bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on a plane that crashed earlier this month in San Francisco.

An anchor for KTVU-TV read the names on the air Friday and then apologized after a break. The report was accompanied by a graphic with the phony names listed alongside a photo of the burned-out plane that had crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6, killing three and injuring dozens.

Video of the report has spread widely across the Internet since it was broadcast.

The National Transportation Safety Board has also apologized, saying a summer intern erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew.

Asiana has decided to sue KTVU-TV to "strongly respond to its racially discriminatory report" that disparaged Asians, Asiana spokeswoman Lee Hyomin said. She said the airline will likely file suit in U.S. courts.

She said the report seriously damaged Asiana's reputation. Asiana decided not to sue the NTSB because it said it was the TV station report, not the U.S. federal agency that damaged the airline's reputation. Lee did not elaborate.

KTVU-TV did not immediately reply to emails sent by The Associated Press seeking comment.

Neither the station nor the NTSB commented on where the names originated.

The four pilots, who underwent questioning by a U.S. and South Korean joint investigation team while in the U.S., returned to South Korea on Saturday. South Korean officials plan to conduct separate interviews with them, South Korea's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport said.

http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-sue-san...043218547.html

Yes, this will damaging blow to the airlines reputation.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #43
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- Asiana announced Monday that it will sue a San Francisco TV station that it said damaged the airline's reputation by using bogus and racially offensive names for four pilots on a plane that crashed earlier this month in San Francisco.

An anchor for KTVU-TV read the names on the air Friday and then apologized after a break. The report was accompanied by a graphic with the phony names listed alongside a photo of the burned-out plane that had crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6, killing three and injuring dozens.

Video of the report has spread widely across the Internet since it was broadcast.

The National Transportation Safety Board has also apologized, saying a summer intern erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew.

Asiana has decided to sue KTVU-TV to "strongly respond to its racially discriminatory report" that disparaged Asians, Asiana spokeswoman Lee Hyomin said. She said the airline will likely file suit in U.S. courts.

She said the report seriously damaged Asiana's reputation. Asiana decided not to sue the NTSB because it said it was the TV station report, not the U.S. federal agency that damaged the airline's reputation. Lee did not elaborate.

KTVU-TV did not immediately reply to emails sent by The Associated Press seeking comment.

Neither the station nor the NTSB commented on where the names originated.

The four pilots, who underwent questioning by a U.S. and South Korean joint investigation team while in the U.S., returned to South Korea on Saturday. South Korean officials plan to conduct separate interviews with them, South Korea's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport said.

http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-sue-san...043218547.html

Yes, this will damaging blow to the airlines reputation.
I thought the same thing. If you really want to fix your reputation maybe you should stop pancaking your planes on the runways.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #44
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Asiana is trying to put the blame on a tv station based on a joke that they didn't even intend to circulate. I highly doubt the station wants the bad publicity. Asiana hired 4 ****ups and they think naming 4 bogus names is going to hurt their reputation. As Drunk Monkey stated, stop crashing your planes. I guess all the late night TV hosts can't make fun of Carnival Cruise Line because all those mean jokes will hurt their reputation of safely moving a big boat from one port to another with no major issues. BTW, suing for racially discriminating? This is America Asiana b**** and if you don't like free speech then suck it. If they had the segment as a joke, Asiana would be screwed. This won't go very far as the station had no intention of doing any harm to the station.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #45
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Deflecting.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #46
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I swear this politically correct bull shiit and the litigation surrounding it will kill individualism in America. America is fast becoming a nation of helpless government dependent wimps who do not think for themselves.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #47
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I swear this politically correct bull shiit and the litigation surrounding it will kill individualism in America. America is fast becoming a nation of helpless government dependent wimps who do not think for themselves.
heyyy... you take that back
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #48
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
There was a time........

DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #49
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
heyyy... you take that back
Fortunately this is not very person in America but you gotta admit there is a general passiveness and wimpyness growing in America especially young American men. Compared to the youth of the sixties todays youth are a bunch of government dependent sheeople.

I call them the "Tell me what to think boss" generation.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #50
B-Large

Quote:
Fortunately this is not very person in America but you gotta admit there is a general passiveness and wimpyness growing in America especially young American men. Compared to the youth of the sixties todays youth are a bunch of government dependent sheeople.

I call them the "Tell me what to think boss" generation.

I think there is a movement for politeness in this USA, and in general being respectful of others is a good thing...

until:

You literally cannot say of do anythign because people are offended. I don't have kids, but some of my friends do, and oh boy is it fun to watch. Now kida are not supposed to call others "fat", they are "full"... seriously? Parents now reason with their kids instead of letting them know that they are in charge, no questions asked. Also, I see alot of kids who fall down, run into something... and parents are al over them with handi-wipes and rubs on the back... no wonder we have kids coming up who are wussies... you can't ridcule them, cristicize them or anthing because theyare fragile.