The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Bacchus

Default Top 50 U.S. Cities to live in

http://images.businessweek.com/slide...cities#slide46

Denver #6,

for some reason Oakland did not make the list.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #2
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

Denver #6,

You're going to want to look at the list again..

Just saying.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Bacchus

HAHAHA.... I stand corrected Oakland is #31 just ahead of that other ****hole Baltimore......

I think they need to start looking at smaller towns.

Unemployment in Oakland is 9.5%
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Quote:

Denver #6,

Err...it's #31 actually. Though honestly, more than half the cities on that list are complete ****holes.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Most of the cities on that list, I'm not even interested in visiting, let along living in. I'm good where I'm at!
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Ill take a smaller town/city over the big ones ranked high on that list. SF? Really? Evidently they didnt include the filth that is lower haight mission district hunters point the tenderloin etc etc.

Way too many hipsters populating that city.

Ill take Carmel/Monterey Peninsula over any city on that list. Newport/HB a close 2nd for me.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 07-07-2013 at 02:26 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

The list is a bunch of BS, Hawaii only has 1 city listed. How cities like Oakland, Baltimore and Washington DC made the list is a farce.
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
The list is a bunch of BS, Hawaii only has 1 city listed. How cities like Oakland, Baltimore and Washington DC made the list is a farce.
Okay so it's not my Canadian ignorance that was thinking this. As a tourist to every one of these places I can tell you that most of them I wouldn't even consider going to for anything (ie Oakland, Cleveland). But this list is meant for residents not tourists.

Last edited by canadianbroncosfan; 07-07-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
BroncsCheer

A slide show? Really?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Lolerz at Oakland, Baltimore, and Philly being on the list.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
A slide show? Really?
at least the redirect to the new info is instant and you don't have to reload an entire page every single time. they design these sites like this intentionally, spreading the information/list across multiple pages, because more pages = more advertising = more money

anyway, denver is a pretty legit place to live. we get tons of sunshine with beautiful weather year round. the altitude takes some getting used to for outsiders, and the dry heat makes it really dry around here, but it's much much better than humidity. the social/cultural vibe here is very relaxed with a western feel to it, tons of great beer everywhere and the weed thing is pretty ridiculous compared to the rest of the country.

the only real downsides to denver are traffic (which doesn't compare to southern california or anything), and coincidentally the city is full of TERRIBLE DRIVERS, probably in part due to it's transient nature.

edit: still going through the list, but right off the bat i like how the go L.A. to anchorage haha

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-07-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Okay so it's not my Canadian ignorance that was thinking this. As a tourist to every one of these places I can tell you that most of them I wouldn't even consider going to for anything (ie Oakland, Cleveland). But I guess when they talk about unemployment, job opportunities, etc., this list is meant for residents not tourists.
Residents in Oakland have to deal with high unemployment, highest murder rate, crappy roads etc etc. international blvd is probably the worst road in America outside of Camden. There's no reason why Oakland should be on that list.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Doesn't appear this list has anything to do with economics, education, infrastructure etc. Appears to be more recreational, night life, cultural, etc.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
at least the redirect to the new info is instant and you don't have to reload an entire page every single time. they design these sites like this intentionally, spreading the information/list across multiple pages, because more pages = more advertising = more money

anyway, denver is a pretty legit place to live. we get tons of sunshine with beautiful weather year round. the altitude takes some getting used to for outsiders, and the dry heat makes it really dry around here, but it's much much better than humidity. the social/cultural vibe here is very relaxed with a western feel to it, tons of great beer everywhere and the weed thing is pretty ridiculous compared to the rest of the country.

the only real downsides to denver are traffic (which doesn't compare to southern california or anything), and coincidentally the city is full of TERRIBLE DRIVERS, probably in part due to it's transient nature.

edit: still going through the list, but right off the bat i like how the go L.A. to anchorage haha
I'd agree with traffic. I'd also add iffy air quality from time to time. Smoke, smog and dust seems to hang out right above downtown.

And Colorado Springs has worse drivers then Denver does. 400,000 people who all believe they have the right of way.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #15
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I'd agree with traffic. I'd also add iffy air quality from time to time. Smoke, smog and dust seems to hang out right above downtown.

And Colorado Springs has worse drivers then Denver does. 400,000 people who all believe they have the right of way.

my sister lives in the springs and says it's easy to drive north-south down there, but going east-west city wide is a huge pain. throw a bunch of terrible drivers as bad as or worse than denver's, and yeah, sounds like a total nightmare!

agreed on the air quality thing too. unfortunately, the summer wild fires tend to be very noticeable across the front range.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Not a huge fan, but where is SLC?

You're telling me Reno, Cleveland and San Jose are better lifestyle cities? Might as well have thrown Newark on the list.

Hell, I'd pick Albuquerque over at least 10 of the cities listed.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #17
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
my sister lives in the springs and says it's easy to drive north-south down there, but going east-west city wide is a huge pain. throw a bunch of terrible drivers as bad as or worse than denver's, and yeah, sounds like a total nightmare!

agreed on the air quality thing too. unfortunately, the summer wild fires tend to be very noticeable across the front range.

They are constantly working on Academy in Springs or I-25. Traffic stops for no reason or because of accidents going the other direction. Colo Springs is an odd place. When I worked downtown on sundays the place was a ghost town. Nobody was around. Huge homeless population too.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
They are constantly working on Academy in Springs or I-25. Traffic stops for no reason or because of accidents going the other direction. Colo Springs is an odd place. When I worked downtown on sundays the place was a ghost town. Nobody was around. Huge homeless population too.

denver also. i don't know how the numbers directly compare to other cities, but denver has it's homeless people that's for sure. probably from utah bussing them all in..
Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:

Denver #6,

You can't read well. Oakland is at #31

They really do love their Northwest cities, with Seattle, Portland and SF all making the top 5.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

They really do love their Northwest cities, with Seattle, Portland and SF all making the top 5.
They must be hipsters who watch Portlandia while Drinkin Pabst.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #21
lolcopter

going to portland for the first time next month, making out way down the ore/cal coast. pretty stoked
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #22
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Not a huge fan, but where is SLC?

You're telling me Reno, Cleveland and San Jose are better lifestyle cities? Might as well have thrown Newark on the list.

Hell, I'd pick Albuquerque over at least 10 of the cities listed.
SLC would be on there if it were economic. This is more about night life (there is very little in SLC) and cultural (SLC is trying).
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #23
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
SLC would be on there if it were economic. This is more about night life (there is very little in SLC) and cultural (SLC is trying).
Do not tell me that Oscars and the Downwind Zepher have closed their doors. I was lucky enough to travel to SLC when I lived in Denver and let me tell you the Jack Mormons and clubs go together very well
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
Bronco Yoda

This is a crazy list.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

19 posts into this you decided to add this after it was already brought up in the second post...... you don't read well either.