The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Off Thurs to Sunday. Lovin it! But they're dropping of grandchildren. Hey wait a minute!!!
You don't like your grandchildren, I take it?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #27
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You don't like your grandchildren, I take it?
Love them to death but it's my day off, for relaxation.

What makes them grandchildren is you aren't the parent and you get them when you want them....and give them back when you want.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #28
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I have to remote in and clean up some updates on the PC's post a major server crash we experienced like 8 business days ago but nothing major.

Hope you guys enjoyed your zombie day.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #29
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Love them to death but it's my day off, for relaxation.

What makes them grandchildren is you aren't the parent and you get them when you want them....and give them back when you want.
My parents and my wife's parent's especially are always asking for our kid. They have to think of fake reasons to come over or have us over just to see her. I wonder if the older she gets the more exhausting it will be? She's only 18mos but is already drawing, spilling, and running everywhere.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #30
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

I look like I'm working ...... to steal a line from Office Space.

"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
lolcopter

Leaving early right now so the day isn't a complete loss I guess

TGIF
Old 07-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #32
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I am at work. But I'm posting on a message board instead of doing my job because I had to come in on zombie day. Anyone else working?
Iw as watching some Zombies on AMC today but then they were all episodes I have seen and started watching something else. I will put in about 2 hours of work today.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Up at 6:30 this morning and played 9 holes with my kids at 7:30, then been hanging out at the lake ever since! Sweet!
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #34
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Not working today... but worked last night and will be working tomorrow night.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #35
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
My parents and my wife's parent's especially are always asking for our kid. They have to think of fake reasons to come over or have us over just to see her. I wonder if the older she gets the more exhausting it will be? She's only 18mos but is already drawing, spilling, and running everywhere.
Once they get through the toddler phase and are walking she won't see all the stuff that is floor level and go for that, stuff like power cables and floor mounted speakers and speaker cables.

Then it gets easier when they are more mobile and especially after they are pottie trained but then there are always new things to worry about. It doesn't really get easier until they have their own kids and are out of are care from what I heard.

We were at a party yesterday and there was a couple that had kids 16 months apart. The older one is regressing because she wants the attention the baby gets. I am so glad we had ours 4 years apart because my daughter was a big help if we needed a diaper or a runner to get something and she could watch her brother when he was on the floor or in the playset.

Enjoy it while it lasts it is funny how quick it goes and how much you miss them when they are little bundles.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #36
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Just got home. Unfortunately, in my line work, working the day after Independence Day is a necessity. Beer salesmen are very important during big drinking holidays such as this one!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Still working and will be here a few more hours. Ugh

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #38
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

What's the definition of work? I did have to clean and stock the boat with enough food and beverages to last the weekend.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #39
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm going out to Inglewood later to get pictures of a guy who says he's hurt. I have it from a good source that I bribed with Dodger tickets that he will be participating in a big basketball tourney he plays in every yr. I can't wait to ruin this guys payday and get it for myself instead. He's a lying deadbeat, his wife is a liar, his kids are all liars, and i am going to get him! Sometimes I love my job. I'm going out with the lead investigator who is training me up. This dude is like Mcgyver when it comes busting people and i am learning so much from him.

He is so dedicated he has gone all the way to other countries to get evidence people aren't really that injured. Its amazing what Obama supporters will do to get some free money.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
What's the definition of work? I did have to clean and stock the boat with enough food and beverages to last the weekend.
Even fun has work involved. And sometimes work is fun! I get to try out some really cool spy gear today.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #41
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Even fun has work involved. And sometimes work is fun! I get to try out some really cool spy gear today.
The new lake patrol boat (cost 350K) on our lake has a new camera that can read boat letters a mile away or see any illegal activity. Big Brother at it's finest.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm going out to Inglewood later to get pictures of a guy who says he's hurt. I have it from a good source that I bribed with Dodger tickets that he will be participating in a big basketball tourney he plays in every yr. I can't wait to ruin this guys payday and get it for myself instead. He's a lying deadbeat, his wife is a liar, his kids are all liars, and i am going to get him! Sometimes I love my job. I'm going out with the lead investigator who is training me up. This dude is like Mcgyver when it comes busting people and i am learning so much from him.

He is so dedicated he has gone all the way to other countries to get evidence people aren't really that injured. Its amazing what Obama supporters will do to get some free money.
I would love to be in that type of work. Busting aholes stealing from their job or government. Get some pics and post them here...and get me an application too!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #43
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I would love to be in that type of work. Busting aholes stealing from their job or government. Get some pics and post them here...and get me an application too!
dude it didn't go well there was no way we were going in there. We were thinking it would be outdoors, it was like in some gang members back yard lol. Oh well we just laughed and went home. Sucks for me because i dont get to do this stuff that often but his actual apprentice was gone for the holiday. Which he talked about saying if you really want to be good at it you can't care about much else.

It's so much more fun then just doing a lawyers busy work or dealing with some witness prep or discovery. I could never post any pics because its all attorney work product and the firm and insurance company I would think would get really pissed. I could never do it unless i was willing to give up playing in the band which is a lot of fun. We are going away next weekend to play, played 4th of july for the City Of Commerce, played last Sat for Long Beach Veterans Hospital Meels on Wheels rock for vets event which was a blast. I would rather spend my weekend chasing 40 yr old divorcees then chasing 40 yr old dead beats. It is fun though and i was really hoping we would bust him. We needed an undercover brother for this one.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #44
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
The new lake patrol boat (cost 350K) on our lake has a new camera that can read boat letters a mile away or see any illegal activity. Big Brother at it's finest.
wow that sucks. My dad took us waterskiing all over calif, nevada, ariz when we were kids. Back then lake patrol just let people drink it wasn't a big deal. Well it was a big deal but they had not figured out that eventual alcohol and vehicles with no brakes is a pretty bad combo.

We used to go to Lake Don Pedro up by Fresno every July for 2 weeks and ski till our legs fell off. Oh to be young!
Old 07-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #45
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
The flip side is I have also helped people who deserved money not get as much as maybe they could have, or should have. So it ain't all robin hood busting the evil doer. It's pretty much helping insurance companies not pay lol. Every once in awhile a friend gets in trouble and then i feel good i have connections to attorneys.

One friend out of nowhere comes to me and says I stole 150 grand over 5 yrs from my employer and they caught me while on leave to have my baby. I was like floored because i would have never expected it from her. So she was in a lot of trouble but the right attorney got her a great deal and no jail time. I would have never known that but I know lots of attorneys. People hate them until you really need one. Then they can make you feel like you just got a warm cozy blanket and some tea from mommy.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #46
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

My city has fancy new helicopters they got a few yrs ago. Oh the toys they buy with our money.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #47
sutoazul
Independently Owned

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wow!! just got a Mock flashback... 4 rant posts in a row!
sutoazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #48
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

That was kind of a Mock-ish set, wasn't it?
Old 07-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
No, the older they get the better it is. My oldest is almost 15 and I love to take her out to lunch or sit in the car and rock out to her current favorite. She thinks I'm nuts, in a loving way. It's the older I get. The young ones around a year wear me out. I love having my grandchildren but after working 4 10's I'm worn out and need at least a day to myself. The great thing is their parents embarrass them, grandma doesn't.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Wait until you have two...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote