The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #76
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Lol. I knew some douchebags would blame the cops. All too predictable.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #77
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I agree with that. Too often cops (especially in America) go straight to the extreme response and start shooting. I find it hard to believe none of those cops had a taser on his belt, or some pepper spray.

Not all cops are issued tasers and not all cops carry mace.....not all cops wear body armor. Some cops carry ankle pieces, some don't. Personal preference....

And two of the cops were holding the suspect/owner....the 3rd cop shot the dog.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #78
Bmore Manning

I'm glad you just said that.. I mentioned nightstick, and nobody else said anything. The dog would have bit the nightstick, they could have then uncuffed the owner and used him to help with the dog. Buying time would have presented more options. The owner was checked before cuffed, so he was no threat being uncuffed and helping with the dog.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #79
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Yo must have a relative/friend who is a cop. Cause your taking posters being upset with the actions taken as "blaming the cops."
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #80
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Not all cops are issued tasers and not all cops carry mace.....not all cops wear body armor. Some cops carry ankle pieces, some don't. Personal preference....

And two of the cops were holding the suspect/owner....the 3rd cop shot the dog.
He was searched and cuffed. It didn't take two cops to hold him, and all uniformed cops are issued a nightstick/flashlight. Which the dog would have bit if held out.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Are you a complete idiot? OK the guy is an a-hole how does that justify shooting the dog.

Are you afraid of dogs?
Evidently the douche bag used his dog as a pawn to try and create another "incident".....

Like his attorney said...we'll just add the dog shooting to current lawsuit
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #82
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Guy was behind the barricade with other civilians taping.

Other Civilians were closer to the scene than he was.

Cops approach him with their hands on their guns.

He puts his dog away because he knew the cops were going to pull some shiat and arrest him for nothing.

Windows of the car were rolled down too far, but he probably didn't think he would be leaving his dog in the car because of some stupid cops. I doubt the cops would have liked him digging around in his car to roll up the windows.

What the hell was the cop thinking by approaching the dog? The dog was just sniffing the ground until the cop made the aggressive move towards him. I work at a vet and I would have shot hundreds of dogs by now if I was that stupid cop.

He couldn't think to mace, taser or use a nightstick to repel the dog.

According to errand's musings none of the five cops standing around had a night stick or mace or a taser. all each of them had was their service revolver, must be a poor county. Course asking the owner to corral his dog was out of the question because he was a dirt bag. You can bet that chicken shiit dog killing cop is getting shiit from his fellow officers out of the public eye.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #83
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

Not "the cops" fool The one killer cop - Jesus I wonder if half of you guys can even read.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #84
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Evidently the douche bag used his dog as a pawn to try and create another "incident".....

Like his attorney said...we'll just add the dog shooting to current lawsuit
Yes that is why he put the dog in his car clearly he intended to involve the dog by locking him up in the car.

Are you like a private eye or something?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #85
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Are you suggesting he wanted his dog shot?

Given his history, it is plausible....

Even if he did that still does not justify the actions of the coward cop that emptied his revolver into the dog that was not in attack mode.

OK the cop is not a coward....he faces death every ****ing day he goes to work to serve a public who uses videos like these to justify their hatred towards him because of the uniform he wears.....

He didn't empty his "revolver" it's a Glock semi-automatic pistol and he fired like 3 rounds, he did not empty his magazine.

So now you're an expert on attacking Rotweilers? A dog bearing his teeth and lunging for you is pretty much what most reasonable people would call "attack mode"

Have you guys ever seen a Rottweiler in attack mode? That spineless bastard of a cop (a disgrace to the uniform) would never even have had a chance to draw his revolver if the dog was in full attack mode.

And this cop knows this how? Unlike you he's probably not up to speed in how a Rotweiler acts when he's in "attack mode"....but I have no problem with the cop erring on the side of self-preservation, and again it's not a revolver

I bet if you could check you would find that dog killer cop had peed his pants.

why would he have pissed his pants if the dog wasn't in your own words, in attack mode. If the dog was no threat, then why would he have pissed himself?

And if the guy does win a law suit I guess the jury agrees with me - a needless senseless act preformed by a weak 'man' who is not police material and should never be allowed to carry a loaded revolver.

IT'S PROTECT & SERVE NOT SHOOT FIRST AND ASK QUESTIONS LATER.

And when you interfere with their job of protecting and serving you go to jail, and if your dog attacks the cops who are arresting you, he might get put down. Consider this a PSA

in bold
Old 07-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes that is why he put the dog in his car clearly he intended to involve the dog by locking him up in the car.

Are you like a private eye or something?
He left the windows down...so it's not like he actually put the dog away now is it?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #87
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I must admit I am pretty surprised the number of people supporting the needless shooting of the dog in this situation when there were many other options to resolve the problem.

I have given my points, they will not change so Im checking out of this 'discussion'. The whole thing sickens me.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #88
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
According to errand's musings none of the five cops standing around had a night stick or mace or a taser.

I never said that they didn't have them...I gave logical and lucid reasons as to why they didn't use tasers or mace.

all each of them had was their service revolver, must be a poor county.

again it's usually personal preference.....and evidently their Glocks work pretty good.

Course asking the owner to corral his dog was out of the question because he was a dirt bag.

The owner was in cuffs...you don't uncuff a suspect until you get him to the station....the owner had his chance to lock his dog up and he put him in a car that had windows rolled down almost all the way, which is not really locking him up now is it?

You can bet that chicken shiit dog killing cop is getting shiit from his fellow officers out of the public eye.

Yeah, they probably are saying "nice group"

in bold
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #89
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm glad you just said that.. I mentioned nightstick, and nobody else said anything. The dog would have bit the nightstick, they could have then uncuffed the owner and used him to help with the dog. Buying time would have presented more options. The owner was checked before cuffed, so he was no threat being uncuffed and helping with the dog.
I know many cops including a brother and they'll tell you that if you arrest someone you don't take the cuffs off until you book them....
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #90
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

So if he would have used metal nightstick, hit the dog and then it died would you guys have felt better about the cop?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #91
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
lol...you think the police acting 100% in the right here?

"No blame, all by the book, shoot the dog, it's our only option!"

You, sir, are the douchebag

Educate yourself, then repost.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #92
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
He was searched and cuffed. It didn't take two cops to hold him, and all uniformed cops are issued a nightstick/flashlight. Which the dog would have bit if held out.
That is true of a well trained retriever, but is definitely not a guarantee. Many larger dogs will pretty instinctually go for the abdomen or groin unless you train them to go for the limbs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #93
ChrisToker

****ing b**** ass mother ****er. he didn't even have the balls to do the right thing and finish the dog. we have a right to video tape cops tsa etc.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #94
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

It's a dog. A potentially violent one at that. The dog got aggressive because the owner was an idiot. If you're the police, you can lose your life in a split second by losing concentration. The guy acted like a pos, the dog tried to protect and the police had to protect themselves from a worse situation. Cops not at fault here. Bang bang, the animal had to go down.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #95
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The saddest part to me, aside from the dog dying, are the drones of people whining about "you're allowed to record police!" It's like they can't connect the dots that they are sitting there watching this happen thanks to videos other people recorded, people who were not detained and later arrested. So clearly there must be something to that whole "blaring music and shouting at police officers" thing.

I mean, if I rolled up on an officer by himself making a traffic stop and started blaring my music out as loud as possible and then started shouting stuff at him, I would expect to be arrested. Now imagine doing that only it's at the scene of a raid on an armed suspect. The officers are already having the adrenaline flowing and running on heightened caution. Add to that the fact that this guy is apparently a habitual trouble maker with the police, arrested numerous times and currently involved in a lawsuit with them.

Regarding the shooting, it's hilarious how much Monday morning QB'ing we see over an extremely scary situation that lasted what.. 13-14 seconds? If I am a cop and a huge rottweiler is charging at me, I am not going for a taser or some pepper spray. I am going for my gun and if it gets near me, it's getting put down. No dogs life is worth the potential death or serious injury to a human being. And no, I highly doubt every member of the Hawthorne PD have to go through rigorous training for every breed of dog to understand when what breed is really being aggressive and lunging to bite and when they are being aggressive but lunging just to uh.. idk, lick your face, or whatever the people blaming the cops thinks is going to happen there.

A cop saw 2 of his fellow officers struggling with a detained suspect and then saw that suspects huge dog leap out of the car and come at them. At that point he's not only worried for his own safety but for the other officers as well. You never know what one bite from a dog that big can do. You could be looking at serious nerve damage in the arm let alone an artery being hit in the leg or neck. Why is it even worth the risk? I view it the same as if I found an intruder in my home. Am I going to try and maim him/her with shots to the kneecap or something? No, I am aiming center mass and trying to put them down. Otherwise what's the point.

It's a shame such a nice looking and loyal dog is dead because his owner is a complete and utter moron.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:52 AM   #96
kdissette
Seasoned Veteran

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

recording police should not be a crime and the fact that the officers turned their attention away from the actual crime they were there for shows alot as far as how harassment by police forces just looking to make criminals out of anyone is getting just blatant at this point because they know the citizens are too lazy to do anything about it.
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #97
lolcopter

given the dumbass dog owners previous run-ins with the police, its safe to say he was looking for the confrontation rather than just "exercising his rights" which add little to no value to the situation. he was being an intentional nuisance during a previously ongoing police investigation for no reasons other than his own. yes, you may have the right to video and photograph police, but attempting to do it for no reason other than your selfish obnoxiousness is what led to the interaction with the police and the eventual shooting of your loyal pet that you did not fully secure.

police in many situations are not well versed or able to appropriately deal with being videoed in public. in some instances it is good to video them, especially if you're already directly involved with them. but to go out of your way to "exercise your rights" in a situation that is none of your business is borderline public nuisance.

Last edited by lolcopter; 07-06-2013 at 07:13 AM..
Old 07-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #98
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
given the dumbass dog owners previous run-ins with the police, its safe to say he was looking for the confrontation rather than just "exercising his rights" which add little to no value to the situation. he was being an intentional nuisance during a previously ongoing police investigation for no reasons other than his own. yes, you may have the right to video and photograph police, but attempting to do it for no reason other than your selfish obnoxiousness is what led to the interaction with the police and the eventual shooting of your loyal pet that you did not fully secure.

police in many situations are not well versed or able to appropriately deal with being videoed in public. in some instances it is good to video them, especially if you're already directly involved with them. but to go out of your way to "exercise your rights" in a situation that is none of your business is borderline public nuisance.

Where is the story of the owner of the dog that has many run ins with the law? Like to see the rap sheet.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #99
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Where is the story of the owner of the dog that has many run ins with the law? Like to see the rap sheet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
UPDATE: A local news source, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, notes the police claim that the dog owner, Leon Rosby, was playing his car stereo too loud at an investigation scene. Rosby has had past run ins with the police, the paper reports:

Rosby spent the night in jail on suspicion of obstruction and was released at 5 a.m. Monday.

He said Monday he believed police were retaliating against him because of previous run-ins and struggles with officers. Court records show he has previous convictions for resisting, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, who is black, said he has filed six complaints against the Hawthorne Police Department, alleging mistreatment and racial profiling.

Rosby filed a lawsuit against the city of Hawthorne and two police officers in March, contending officers broke one of his ribs when they responded to a domestic violence disturbance at his house, not far from the dog shooting scene.

"There's been a pattern of harassment against him and other African-Americans in Hawthorne," said Rosby's attorney, Michael Gulden. "Last July, the police responded to his home and beat him unnecessarily, then threw him in jail for no reason. We sued for that. We'll amend that complaint to include the dog incident."

http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/01/ge...ice-your-dog-g

This guy knew what he was doing and that involved using his dog.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #100
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is a case of someone pushing cops buttons, trying to be a neighborhood trouble maker, a criminal, that got his dog killed because he is an a-hole. Now having said that i do agree we should be able to video tape the police when they are in public.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote