The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Default Egypts military gives President 48 hours

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...f30_story.html

They demand he meets the will of the people. We know he can't he's Muslim Brotherhood. I wonder if Obama will support the military intervening like he did under Mubarek or if he will try and stay the course and pressure to leave the elected leader in place.

What a mess Obama should have went with Hilliary Clintons first thoughts which were to prop up Mubarek and then force him to make changes for the people. Obamas plan to just call on him to step down was pretty dangerous IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

American President in 2011: 'Mubarak must go.'

American President today: 'It's not our job to choose who Egypt's leaders are.'
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
B-Large

hows bout we stay out of the affairs of that region? Heck, in syria they cut off a priests head, and syrian rebels are making youtube videos of them eating their enemies organs to imtimidate the enemy...

Lets bow out, address the tax code of something?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

They demand he meets the will of the people. We know he can't he's Muslim Brotherhood. I wonder if Obama will support the military intervening like he did under Mubarek or if he will try and stay the course and pressure to leave the elected leader in place.

What a mess Obama should have went with Hilliary Clintons first thoughts which were to prop up Mubarek and then force him to make changes for the people. Obamas plan to just call on him to step down was pretty dangerous IMO.
Yes,you idiot we as Americans should always support dictatorships. Starting a democracy is always dangerous, it's a good thing our founding fathers didn't have your cowardice.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
American President in 2011: 'Mubarak must go.'

American President today: 'It's not our job to choose who Egypt's leaders are.'
How else do you spread democracy? You can't have a democracy if your country is run by a dictator.
Now that they have a democracy, the people of Egypt can choose their leader.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Yes,you idiot we as Americans should always support dictatorships. Starting a democracy is always dangerous, it's a good thing our founding fathers didn't have your cowardice.
Did you really just go full on GWB?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good.

SCAF needs to execute a coup. The Brothers are garbage....destroy them. Islamists cannot be allowed to control the country. Put Morsi on ice please.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Obama is clueless and has no coherent plan for the mideast or our foriegn policy. Just as many people are protesting now in Egypt and he see's how foolish it was to just call for mubarek to step down. Mubarak was old a smooth transition to an election forced by the USA and the Egyptian military behind the scenes would have been so much smarter.

Syria? holy cow he is supplying arms based on a claim of WMD and no one see's the irony in that? Those rebels in Syria deserve no help but i still think he should be involved more. Set up a no fly zone and start bombing both sides. Of course one we just call fog of war oh so sorry we killed all your top al queda commanders. Our bad!

Whatever his whole admin a trainwreck. He makes Bush look like a friggin genius.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #10
BroncoBeavis

The moral of the story... sometimes tinpot dictators aren't as bad as they seem on the surface.

You can learn alot from Sacha Baron Cohen.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another example of why the U.S. needs to further develop their own oil and energy needs and not have to deal with the ME anymore and let them blow each other up. But we keep getting involved and pick a side and ultimately, they become our enemy too and using weapons given to them by the U.S. But let's keep doing it anyway and hope for a different result. Hope and change?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Obama is clueless and has no coherent plan for the mideast or our foriegn policy. Just as many people are protesting now in Egypt and he see's how foolish it was to just call for mubarek to step down. Mubarak was old a smooth transition to an election forced by the USA and the Egyptian military behind the scenes would have been so much smarter.

Syria? holy cow he is supplying arms based on a claim of WMD and no one see's the irony in that? Those rebels in Syria deserve no help but i still think he should be involved more. Set up a no fly zone and start bombing both sides. Of course one we just call fog of war oh so sorry we killed all your top al queda commanders. Our bad!

Whatever his whole admin a trainwreck. He makes Bush look like a friggin genius.
Muberek stepping down was right call,always was the right call. The people of egypt are exercising there right to protest. If muberek were still in charge you would complain that obama is screwing up cause there is a dictator in charge.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Another example of why the U.S. needs to further develop their own oil and energy needs and not have to deal with the ME anymore and let them blow each other up. But we keep getting involved and pick a side and ultimately, they become our enemy too and using weapons given to them by the U.S. But let's keep doing it anyway and hope for a different result. Hope and change?
I hate to break the news to but there isn't enough oil in the U.S. to sustain us. As long as oil is our primary source of energy, we will be dependent on the mddle east for oil.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

Yes because Egypt is the USA's problem.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes because Egypt is the USA's problem.
Fifty years ago, the CIA taught Nasser's secret police how to torture members of the Muslim Brotherhood. We also built the Shah of Iran's secret police unit, the SAVAK. Did you know General Schwarzkopf was one of the top dogs in that program? This was one of the major factors that gave rise to Al Queda and made us their target. Now, we are giving tax payer money to the Muslim Brotherhood's Egyptian president to keep him in power, the same guys who killed Sadat.

What is the one theme that runs through these two insane opposites of action? What will be of most benefit to the oil corporations? I'm guessing Morsy made a deal to hold the Brotherhood in check and keep their focus away from the Saudis. In return, he gets U.S. (and probably under the table Saudi) support. It's like paying protection to mobsters.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 07-02-2013 at 12:42 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Muberek stepping down was right call,always was the right call. The people of egypt are exercising there right to protest. If muberek were still in charge you would complain that obama is screwing up cause there is a dictator in charge.
No I wouldn't i would say good job keeoing friendly govt in power Obama. Now with Syria it's different there i would say bomb both sides.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Fifty years ago, the CIA taught Nasser's secret police how to torture members of the Muslim Brotherhood. We also built the Shah of Iran's secret police unit, the SAVAK. Did you know General Schwarzkopf was one of the top dogs in that program? This was one of the major factors that gave rise to Al Queda and made us their target. Now, we are giving tax payer money to the Muslim Brotherhood's Egyptian president to keep him in power, the same guys who killed Sadat.

What is the one theme that runs through these two insane opposites of action? What will be of most benefit to the oil corporations? I'm guessing Morsy made a deal to hold the Brotherhood in check and keep their focus away from the Saudis. In return, he gets U.S. (and probably under the table Saudi) support. It's like paying protection to mobsters.
BINGO

Could evil be real?

Could evil have super natural powers?

Could the mobsters / banksters be given over to this evil power and in turn be empowered in ways most of us do not understand?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
BINGO

Could evil be real?

Could evil have super natural powers?

Could the mobsters / banksters be given over to this evil power and in turn be empowered in ways most of us do not understand?
Nah. This kind of evil is as old as man himself. It's called greed.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nah. This kind of evil is as old as man himself. It's called greed.
For most of my life I thought so too. I thought evil was just a word to describe men's failings but now I believe it is a real force of its own, a force that impacts our lives to a much deeper level that I had ever imagined. All the unexplained insanity we inflict on one another I originates in this power loose on earth that we currently call evil. There have been many names for this force through out time.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Obama backed a loser in Egypt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23154233
Old 07-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
For most of my life I thought so too. I thought evil was just a word to describe men's failings but now I believe it is a real force of its own, a force that impacts our lives to a much deeper level that I had ever imagined. All the unexplained insanity we inflict on one another I originates in this power loose on earth that we currently call evil. There have been many names for this force through out time.
The bottom line is, these evil men can only do what they do in the shadows. They cannot survive in the light of day.

Hence the great importance of whistleblowers. Got to hand it to Snowden for not feeling intimidated by Obama's policy of burying leakers.

The Nobel committee should give Assange, Manning and Snowden the Nobel Peace Prize this year. All three should share it.
MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The bottom line is, these evil men can only do what they do in the shadows. They cannot survive in the light of day.

Hence the great importance of whistleblowers. Got to hand it to Snowden for not feeling intimidated by Obama's policy of burying leakers.

The Nobel committee should give Assange, Manning and Snowden the Nobel Peace Prize this year. All three should share it.
MHG
I once thought that too but look around.

pentagon cant account for trillions of dollars - nothing happens

building 7 falls to the ground all by it self - nothing happens

Americans killed by drones - nothing happens

Banksters steal money from depositors in Cyprus - nothing happens

open air GMO experimental seed cross pollinates other crops - nothing happens

Priests are revealed as pedophiles - nothing happens.

Mark the stuff you have been talking about for years is in our faces and still no one gives a shiit.

People in general have been so dumbed down they do not care anymore. Read some posts here, people can not think for themselves anymore.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
No lol. The proper move was to say the Egyptian people deserve an election and to work with the army to announce a plan where Mubarek goes into exile. Then a transition to an election that gives time to make sure the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't just dominate it. **** them. It's not in our interests to have the Muslim Brotherhood running countries. Democracy is a joke when one side cuts off heads if you don't agree with them. You can't have a fair election like that.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I once thought that too but look around.

pentagon cant account for trillions of dollars - nothing happens

building 7 falls to the ground all by it self - nothing happens

Americans killed by drones - nothing happens

Banksters steal money from depositors in Cyprus - nothing happens

open air GMO experimental seed cross pollinates other crops - nothing happens

Priests are revealed as pedophiles - nothing happens.

Mark the stuff you have been talking about for years is in our faces and still no one gives a shiit.

People in general have been so dumbed down they do not care anymore. Read some posts here, people can not think for themselves anymore.
I think the changes that have taken place over the last thirty years have been so enormous, and done in such a nefarious, piece-meal manner, that most people have no idea what has happened. They know something is broken, and that what used to work no longer does, but they don't know why. Add into that this radical Right Wing corporatist cabal has its own propaganda arm that blares the false message, and false conflicts, to them 24/7, plus the rest of the nation's media has been slowly eased into the corporate pockets as well, and you have a recipe for national delusion. Also, the so-called Left in Washington has been slowly co-opted by corporate money to play along. Someday, history might actually write the book on what a traitor Bill Clinton was.

But it hasn't been a secret. It's been done in the open:
The 1964 campaign convinced Scaife that no genuinely conservative candidate could succeed in a nationwide election without first overcoming the advantage that liberalism appeared to have both in the media and in the war of political ideas that provided its ideological foundation. So Scaife began funding his own media. Literally hundreds of right-wing think tanks, pressure groups, alternative media outlets, and eventually, media empires owe their existence to this insight of Scaife's and to the billions that would eventually pour into their coffers as a result.
http://www.commonwealinstitute.org/a...bout-the-right

And it has all been done by plan, much as one would conduct a corporate raid on a competitor, the same way Romney made his living:
The National Chamber of Commerce asked Lewis Powell, a former head of the American Bar Association and member of 11 corporate boards, to write a blueprint of what had to be done. The result, says Stein, is one of the most prescient documents of our time. The memo lays out the framework, the goals and the ingredients for the conservative revolution that has gained momentum and power ever since. Two months after penning the memo, then President Richard M. Nixon appointed Powell, a Democrat, to the U.S. Supreme Court.http://www.thwink.org/sustain/articles/017_PowellMemo/

Basically, we have forty years of a corporate/Right Wing assault on the American government and way of life. And guess what? They won. Read these two sites and you can watch the whole thing, how it was planned, how the plan was implemented, and how it succeeded. We went from the most egalitarian country on Earth, to a country with the worst income disparity in the industrialized world, in a mere thirty years.

And they're not done yet. They still want to accomplish the abolition of corporate taxes, estate taxes, capital gains taxes, the EPA, and who knows how many other regulatory bodies and statutes. The changes should come much faster and heavier now. What used to be the resistance on the Left has been, for all intents and purposes, obliterated. Hell, look at all the screaming rhetoric we've heard over Obamacare? And that was a plan hatched in the belly of the Heritage Foundation to turn millions more Americans over to control of the health insurance industry while effectively erasing the argument for nationalized health care! And the Right acts as if that was a defeat and suckers the poor whites into being outraged (once again)! Brilliant stuff. Meanwhile, the Labor movement is a carcass of its former self, after a thirty year barrage of full frontal propaganda assault starting under Reagan. The progressives still left in government can be counted on one hand.

I would say the victory of the corporatist Right is total.

The reason they don't fight too hard about Roe v Wade, gay marriage, flag burning, immigration and all that other social stuff is because they never really cared about it. That was just stuff to suck the poor whites into voting against their own economic interests. The guys really running the Right Wing revolution have not seriously attacked Roe v Wade during the entire four decades their movement has been in operation. Their agenda has always been to impose a corporatocracy. And they have.

Like Hyman Roth says in the Godfather II, "If I could only live to see it, to be there with you. What I wouldn't give for twenty more years! Here we are, protected, free to make our profits without Kefauver, the goddamn Justice Department and the F.B.I. ninety miles away, in partnership with a friendly government. Ninety miles! It's nothing! Just one small step, looking for a man who wants to be President of the United States, and having the cash to make it possible. Michael, we're bigger than U.S. Steel."

Last edited by Rohirrim; 07-02-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #25
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

and people wonder why i have an off the grid ranch in rural Baja.

they call me a fool and a coward, I say check the mirror.