The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Because Power Rankings Matter--Especially in the Offseason

BRONCOS

It will be interesting to see how this new middle of the defensive line -- free-agent acquisition Terrance Knighton and rookie Sylvester Williams -- makes its presence felt in 2013.

On another note, I'm guessing all of us strutted into work a little lighter after seeing Willis McGahee talk of being the Week 1 starter ... two days before getting released. I might have engaged in some corporate boot-licking myself after that deal. I'm not above it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rancisco-49ers
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Honestly, I don't think Seattle even makes the playoffs this year, and I love Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Honestly, I don't think Seattle even makes the playoffs this year, and I love Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson and Richard Sherman.
I would love this. Seattle fans have already started counting their Superbowl trophies.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I would love this. Seattle fans have already started counting their Superbowl trophies.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I hope they do (not against Denver, obviously--or Washington or Chicago) and I think they will, I just think they massively overachieved last year and even though they'll get better:

-Teams will be better prepared for their read-option
-Teams will be better prepared for Russell's playstyle
-Sherman is likely going to get a lot more calls
-Whole defense should see some regression without Bradley
Old 06-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #6
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

We're a the number one AFC power ranking seed! That means home field advantage through Pete Prisco's horse manure rankings during preseason!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
The PedHawks will all be either suspended or killed by Patrick Willis.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic

I don't see Seattle losing a step. Their offseason has been pretty good addressing needs. Bringing in Bennett was huge and will put Irvin in a position to do what he does best, sack QBs. Avril was another addition with Clemons coming off an injury. Winfield in the slot with browner/sherman puts their trio of cbs at the top of the NFL IMO. Add chancellor and Thomas and that's the best secondary in the league. Harvin helps out their recieving corps. Losing Leroy hill might sting a bit but Bryant at 100 helps against the run.

I don't see SF maintaining their west lead. Crabtree and gholsten will be missed. Gonna be tight. Rams are headed in the right direction and Arizona could factor in too.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-25-2013 at 12:56 PM..
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #9
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Im with Rev, that is my "surprise" this year. Seattle declines a bit this year.

Their secondary actually getting called for holding and PI will be the primary reason they lose a few close games IMO.

Seahawk fans are the worst here in AZ, ugh
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #10
Johnykbr

Quote:
I don't think they or San Fran will dominate quite like that seemed to at times last year. Teams will now have a lot of game film to work on with those QBs and I think we will see something similar as to what happened with Cam Newton. But I get the feeling both will make the playoffs again.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
I could see them missing the playoffs but only because their division is tough. They could lose any of the games within the division. I think their success will come down to Russell Wilson's second year. I could see them at 8-8 or 9-7 just outside the wildcard.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I hope they do (not against Denver, obviously--or Washington or Chicago) and I think they will, I just think they massively overachieved last year and even though they'll get better:

-Teams will be better prepared for their read-option
-Teams will be better prepared for Russell's playstyle
-Sherman is likely going to get a lot more calls
-Whole defense should see some regression without Bradley
Honestly, I do too. I have a lot of good buddies who are Seahawks fans, and living in the PacNW, I'd be a Seahawk fan for two weeks (provided they weren't playing the Broncos).

That said, I'm just as happy to torment them as well if they were to move in the other direction. But still, I'd rather see them get their day. The Seahawks fanbase is a pretty solid group - they deserve it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I don't see Seattle losing a step. Their offseason has been pretty good addressing needs. Bringing in Bennett was huge and will put Irvin in a position to do what he does best, sack QBs. Avril was another addition with Clemons coming off an injury. Winfield in the slot with browner/sherman puts their trio of cbs at the top of the NFL IMO. Add chancellor and Thomas and that's the best secondary in the league. Harvin helps out their recieving corps. Losing Leroy hill might sting a bit but Bryant at 100 helps against the run.

I don't see SF maintaining their west lead. Crabtree and gholsten will be missed. Gonna be tight. Rams are headed in the right direction and Arizona could factor in too.
Every player they brought in on that DL is hurt in some way. Bennett has a shoulder injury. Avril foot is hurting with a plantar fascia injury. Irvin is out 4 games and Clemons could start the year on the PUP.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #14
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Every player they brought in on that DL is hurt in some way. Bennett has a shoulder injury. Avril foot is hurting with a plantar fascia injury. Irvin is out 4 games and Clemons could start the year on the PUP.
I think their home field dominance will even out some of that. The Bay Area is afraid of that team. Fans walked around like zombies after that beatdown they gave them last year. They will need to step up on the road though. They fall back to earth every time they play away games. At home is a different story. I could see them going 8-0 at home.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #15
Agamemnon

I think the hype for both Seattle and San Francisco is overblown to be honest. They are good teams but they are not the dominant forces the media is trying to make them out to be. The Broncos are much better overall, they just need to not choke in the playoffs.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #16
DenverDynamite

My prediction which doesn't mean shiat is that St. Louis comes out of nowhere and takes the division.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post

I totally agree that they got better in the offseason, in fact I think I said as much in my previous post. I just see the combination of coming back to earth a bit and the strength of their division and the NFC in general as too much to overcome this year, even though they did get better.

I wish the Seahawks the best, though.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Guys, read what this guy wrote for the Falcons. If I were a Falcons fan starving to read commentary on my team I'd be like "What the flying ****..."
Old 06-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
i agree. there was a lot of pieces falling perfectly for that team last year. i didn't even think they were as good as their record indicated last season.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #20
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Me too. I would laugh my nipples off
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Bmore Manning

Games are played on the field..
Old 06-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Guys, read what this guy wrote for the Falcons. If I were a Falcons fan starving to read commentary on my team I'd be like "What the flying ****..."
Wow, he went full retard on that one.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
g6matty

Quote:
Thats just ignorant... Seattle is stacked . Probably more talent on their team then ours. Plus they are one of the youngest teams in the league. Theyll be around for a while
Old 06-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #24
g6matty

Ok i know i only came at rev but i took the time to read the rest of this thread and you guys are bat**** crazy. Russel wilson is the real deal . Hes tebow with an arm. He got intangibles with skills. Crazy work ethic and the desire and drive to be great . They have a top 5 rb with a decemt receiving corps. Im not as high on harvin as a lot of people hes never that healthy. Sydney rice is ok but im a huge fan of doug baldwin im not sure why hes so low on the depth chart that guys making splash plays constantly.

Should i even have to comment on their defense? Its the best in the league imo. Theyre huge upfront with quick speedy linebackers. Bobby wagners a stud he is the next big thing at mlb. I believe hell be better then kuechly. The secondy is tops in the league. I realise they got alota guys missing the first 4 games but that doesnt matter. Teamsthat catch fire in the end of the year make it to the superbowl not the beginning...

Im a die hard bronco fan but the smash mouth style they play in seattle makes it easy for me to call them my second favorite team...
Old 06-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
extralife
Ring of Famer

up and coming preseason darlings rarely pan out. they ain't better than SF until they prove it.

the Crabtree loss really ****ing hurts, though
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote