The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Default Peter King Sucks

this thread is long over due.....fire away!

KSK on Peter King's latest ramblings about his favorite team the New England Patriots and Aaron Hernandez:

KSK ON PETER KING

Peter King: Lord Of Retrospect
Written by Christmas Ape / 06.27.13

Peter King ✔ @SI_PeterKing
He was the 113th pick in 2010 for a reason.9:06 AM - 26 Jun 2013
133 Retweets 27 favorites Reply

There are too many hacky Peter King habits to list, but one of the more infuriating is his tendency to smugly present some factoid from the past and use it as evidence that a recent development was apparent all along, even if he said nothing about it until after it happened. In fact, oftentimes when he does this, he manages to contradict his past analysis. Such is the case with Aaron Hernandez. Yesterday, Peter King posted the above tweet, likely with a ****-eating grin and Allagash dripping from his chin. As his logic goes, every player who slips in the draft because of character issues and positive marijuana tests inevitably gets charged with murder. OF COURSE THIS HAPPENED!

Of course, here’s what PK said about Hernandez when he was actually drafted:

Love what the Belichicks did at tight end in the last five weeks, signing free-agent filler Alge Crumpler (maybe a one-year bit of glue), then drafting Rob Gronkowski at 42 and Aaron Hernandez at 113. Hernandez was thievery; watching Florida four or five times on TV in the fall and on tape last week, I thought he looked like a bona fide NFL tight end right now.

Yeah, that looks pretty bad, but don’t worry, PK will try to dig himself out of this one, one laughable putdown at a time.

... Point was, Hernandez was 30th-pick value who went at 113 because scouts thought he was a dillweed w/potential to remain a dillweed.3:52 PM - 26 Jun 2013
151 Retweets 50 favorites Reply

DILLWEED! Peter King loves some Beavis & Butthead, apparently. When is he going to call Gronk a buttmunch?

Did the Patriots get good value at 113 for a guy who gave them 175 catches in 3 regular seasons? Yes. Very good.3:53 PM - 26 Jun 2013
58 Retweets 20 favorites Reply

MT @teamsnowdogs: Yet you seemed to suggest in 2010 that Pats got him as a steal at 113 ... I did. And wasn't it?3:56 PM - 26 Jun 2013
1 Retweet 5 favorites Reply

Haha, nice try, Twitter police, but it looks like Peter King has gotten the best of you once again. After all, Aaron Hernandez was a steal of a pick that produced well but still eventually fell victim to his own quasi-dillweed-ish failings. He’s great and horrible at the same time. Unless he isn’t.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz2XRmHI7nf

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...#ixzz2XRmHI7nf
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Shouldn't the thread title be "Peter King sucks again"?
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
Shouldn't the thread title be "Peter King sucks again"?
you can use this thread as many teams as you'd like
Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
extralife
Ring of Famer

Has anyone in the world ever liked Peter King?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

To be fair to King, I'm really not sure how he has contradicted himself here.

In light of current events, isn't it clear that King is referring to Hernandez's thuggery as the reason a player with the talent to be a 1st or 2nd rounder went 113th instead? Not sure I see the "a-ha!" moment here.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 06-27-2013 at 02:19 PM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

While PK is a douchenozzle, he's not really contradicting himself in the tweets. "There's a reason he was taken 113" doesn't contradict the fact that he thought Hernandez was a steal at 113--talent wise--for the Patriots because obviously, Hernandez was. The reason Hernandez slipped was due to his off-the-field issues. Obviously, his off-the-field issues have come back with a vengence against the pats, and it makes the organization look bad just having a guy who potentially makes Ray Lewis look like a saint.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic

It wasn't just his off field issues that made him drop. His mediocre size at TE combined with horrible blocking skills had something to do with it too.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post

In light of current events, isn't it clear that King is referring to Hernandez's thuggery as the reason a player with the talent to be a 1st or 2nd rounder went 113th instead? Not sure I see the "a-ha!" moment here.
Because he said he loved the pick of a steal at 113. He never mentioned his problems at Florida when he got drafted. Peter King basically is saying "As a Pats fan, I got to see 3 years of good football from him before he murdered someone."

He doesn't see any link between Hernandez and the Patriots. If any owner knew someone would be a murderer, would you want the guy for 3 good years? Hell no! He will always be tied as a Patriot not an Ex Patriot.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #10
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Because he said he loved the pick of a steal at 113. He never mentioned his problems at Florida when he got drafted. Peter King basically is saying "As a Pats fan, I got to see 3 years of good football from him before he murdered someone."

He doesn't see any link between Hernandez and the Patriots. If any owner knew someone would be a murderer, would you want the guy for 3 good years? Hell no! He will always be tied as a Patriot not an Ex Patriot.
The statements still aren't contradictory. From a production standpoint, Hernandez was a steal at 113th. There was also a very good reason he slipped that far. There is plenty to hate on King for, but this is a stretch.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
The statements still aren't contradictory. From a production standpoint, Hernandez was a steal at 113th. There was also a very good reason he slipped that far. There is plenty to hate on King for, but this is a stretch.
Then he should be tweeting how Pats will be tarnished by this pick and be not only cap hit but too late to get another player (in the draft or free agency). He praised the Pats but once Hernandez got arrested, he didn't put any blame on the organization that drafted him. Like I said, it shouldn't matter where they got him, just the fact they ignored all warning signs that he isn't a good guy.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

It appears that Peter King is your train wreck, No need to look but you can not help yourself. I never read anything that hack writes.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #13
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Heís great and horrible at the same time. Unless he isnít.
I liked that part.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

In one post he says he "loves" the selection and calls it a "steal", in another he calls him a "dillweed" and that he fell for a reason.

That's absolutely contradictory.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #15
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
In one post he says he "loves" the selection and calls it a "steal", in another he calls him a "dillweed" and that he fell for a reason.

That's absolutely contradictory.
Hindsight? Butt covering? What were the dates?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #16
Agamemnon

Next we'll have a thread declaring water wet. Seriously, every sports fan with a half-functional brain knows Peter King sucks.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
consistent1
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Then he should be tweeting how Pats will be tarnished by this pick and be not only cap hit but too late to get another player (in the draft or free agency). He praised the Pats but once Hernandez got arrested, he didn't put any blame on the organization that drafted him. Like I said, it shouldn't matter where they got him, just the fact they ignored all warning signs that he isn't a good guy.
The more that comes out it sounds like they spread the bonus out and all kinds of other crap to get him to behave. I would like to believe they just didn't know but if they altered his contract that isn't a good sign. Must have known something.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Have another donut, Peter.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
B-Large

Yoda would say "sucks Peter King does"
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
ClamChowdah

3 years of Pro Bowl level for a 4th rounder was value, if Hernandez had suffered a career ending injury nobody would say otherwise the way it ended is just ugly though.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #21
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
3 years of Pro Bowl level for a 4th rounder was value, if Hernandez had suffered a career ending injury nobody would say otherwise the way it ended is just ugly though.
This isn't the same as having his career ended by injury. This a giant black eye for the Patriots organization, and if you didn't have brain damage you would know it.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #22
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

DILLWEED! Peter King loves some Beavis & Butthead, apparently
he looks like Stewart's dad

Old 06-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClamChowdah View Post
And here is a response from a Pats delusional fan. He would rather still draft him in the 4th round to take his productivity even though he will always be tied to the Patriots and he is a murderer.

Great fans!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #24
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
he looks like Stewart's dad

!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #25
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
This isn't the same as having his career ended by injury. This a giant black eye for the Patriots organization, and if you didn't have brain damage you would know it.
Quote:
And here is a response from a Pats delusional fan. He would rather still draft him in the 4th round to take his productivity even though he will always be tied to the Patriots and he is a murderer.

Great fans!
Can anybody explain to me what the bolded parts actually mean? Like, in a real quantifiable way, that isn't just complete bullshıt?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote