The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default Why not Barnett? is there something wrong with him?

sorry to stir the pot but im bored and so are you im sure. I see Nick Barnett still out there and he was a monster for BUF last year.....is there something wrong with him healthwise? he can play 4-3 or 3-4 which fills DE and LB needs if necessary. Please give me some feedback as to why we wouldnt pay him less money than mays and get twice the production at least.
kdissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I forgot he was even available. Hasn't he played WILL for the Bills the past two years? My guess would be this: Elway and Co. continue to beat the drum that Irving, Johnson and Bradley will get their shots at MIKE. JDR has a history of taking no namers and getting solid performance out of the linebacking position.

Not sure why he hasn't signed with anyone. Good question. I will defer to the experts.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

i mean at least bring him in and see how much he wants.....i get that he might not be needed until camp....but cut mays or at least this might get him to restructure. Plus with as many depth problems as we have id say bring in as many guys who can play multiple positions as we can.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

because he's been terrible since the packers had favre. I was more than ready for him to be gone from Green Bay and the last place I'd like to see him is Denver. I think he is a prime candidate for a couple great years on steroids than a steep decline afterwards.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
NorCalBronco7

Im fine with Irving getting a chance to start. Hes young and has a good skillset. If they chose to keep Mays, he would be a decent backup and very good special teams player. Bradley is a decent player as well and a decent stop gap if need be.

MLB isnt ask to do much in Del Rios defense and I doubt the Broncos want to spend FA type money on a starter. Im perfectly fine with the situation as is.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
because he's been terrible since the packers had favre. I was more than ready for him to be gone from Green Bay and the last place I'd like to see him is Denver. I think he is a prime candidate for a couple great years on steroids than a steep decline afterwards.
Yeah he did suck the last 2yrs in GB but wasnt that mostly injuries? and I think he was pretty good in BUF....either way im saying might be a better/cheaper/ more versatile option than mays at this point. Im really just not comfortable with our LBs coming into the year and with all the work we did to fix our DL depth id hate to see the LBs stink it up and take us right back to square one.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
NorCalBronco7

Another reason for not signing a FA MLB is I think Woodyard and Trevathan have secured themselves as 3rd down backers. Adding a relatively expensive LB doesnt seem appealing to me at all, in fact unnecessary.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think we had several of the same threads a few off-seasons ago.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
DENVERDUI55

The reason is because the FO is going with what is on the roster already. I would rather that than bringing in a has been. You have to play the guys you drafted and develope them.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

WASHED UP!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #11
kdissette
Pro Bowler

IN VON WE TRUST!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

well i wouldnt say hes washed up being hes been more than productive in BUF and GB has pissed away pretty much all talent at LB theyve ever had. I wouldnt overpay for him for sure if hes cheaper than Mays id do it in a heartbeat but not for anything crazy.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

how has Green Bay pissed away their linebacker talent. They have Clay Matthews who is a top 10 pass rusher, possibly even top 5 (behind Von thankfully), AJ Hawk, who has never really been spectacular but has been an above average starter for like ever, and some other plug ins who are no worse than most teams typical run of the mill starters.

I'll take our linebacking core against theirs but there aren't too many teams LBs that I would take over the Packers.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #13
jerseyboiler120

Our FO and Coaching Staff have shown they're more than comfortable with our current LB core.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #14
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I've come round to the view that MLB is no longer considered to be a full-time position, we play with a lead so often we face a lot of passing situations and MLB spot has almost flip-flopped with the Nickelback as a new 'situational' position. So they want good players in the spot but there's no way they want to tie up significant VET money in it.

I dont' think we'll ever see another Al Wilson - the 'quarterback of the defense' position is probably safety for the forseeable future....
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

How can anyone think our LBs are a weak unit? We have one of the best in the game in Von Miller and Woodyard, a team captain last year, proved his worth and then some. Its really only MLB and what we have there is at least league average. Safety.. this is.what we should be worried about.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #16
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
how has Green Bay pissed away their linebacker talent. They have Clay Matthews who is a top 10 pass rusher, possibly even top 5 (behind Von thankfully), AJ Hawk, who has never really been spectacular but has been an above average starter for like ever, and some other plug ins who are no worse than most teams typical run of the mill starters.

I'll take our linebacking core against theirs but there aren't too many teams LBs that I would take over the Packers.
I agree with all of this post (pending Irving/Johnson pan out)
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
How can anyone think our LBs are a weak unit? We have one of the best in the game in Von Miller and Woodyard, a team captain last year, proved his worth and then some. Its really only MLB and what we have there is at least league average. Safety.. this is.what we should be worried about.
You had me until that part. Hopefully our young guys step up, but we have seen literally nothing to lead us to believe at least average.