The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #176
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Same as the real Zimmerman. Point is, not a "thuggish" black kid in a hoodie and baggy pants.
You don't think people describe a mexican dressed same way as thuggish? Or even a white dude?

So a black neighborhood watch volunteer is black, has a gun, and is coming home from grocery store. He has never hurt anyone before and is basically a decent citizen on the record. He is driving home in the rain and sees a person in a hoody he desribes as white, baggy pants, and seems to be casing homes. He calls the police and from that point on we know the story.

First off I find it hard to believe anyone who calls the police, is neighborhood watch, is out to do anything but stop crime in his neighborhood. So no I don't see an intent to profile the kid in your scenario because he was white. It would still be the same thing only Obama would not have brought it up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #177
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
You don't think people describe a mexican dressed same way as thuggish? Or even a white dude?

So a black neighborhood watch volunteer is black, has a gun, and is coming home from grocery store. He has never hurt anyone before and is basically a decent citizen on the record. He is driving home in the rain and sees a person in a hoody he desribes as white, baggy pants, and seems to be casing homes. He calls the police and from that point on we know the story.

First off I find it hard to believe anyone who calls the police, is neighborhood watch, is out to do anything but stop crime in his neighborhood. So no I don't see an intent to profile the kid in your scenario because he was white. It would still be the same thing only Obama would not have brought it up.
It's easy to claim that would be your interpretation because that's not really what happened. And maybe you would react the same. But I do not buy for one second that it would not have changed the overall reaction to the story. A black shooter with a non-black victim in the same set of circumstances would already be under the jail, no controversy, no 24 hour news coverage, no questions asked.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #178
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

You kidding just speak one racist word as a white person and your job or career probably over with. They made it in calif so hate crime lawsuits if you lose you have to pay the victims atty fees. That law really blew up the civil rights hate crime lawsuits.

I'm not going to lie I have found a few of them for the firm and they paid off well. In one a gay friend I know was beaten in what was a fight like most others. But at the end when my friend lost the other person uttered ****ing ****** and kicked him one more time. Uh oh hate crime cha ching. But it doesn't work as well when the victim is white. The police do not want to ever say black on white crime is a hate crime. Why? because there is too much of it and would swamp the system because of all the hate crime legislation.

To suggest govt has done a lot to try and level the playing field is crazy inferno. You will never stamp out racism.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #179
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It's easy to claim that would be your interpretation because that's not really what happened. And maybe you would react the same. But I do not buy for one second that it would not have changed the overall reaction to the story. A black shooter with a non-black victim in the same set of circumstances would already be under the jail, no controversy, no 24 hour news coverage, no questions asked.
To a racist white person inferno it would be what do I ****ing care. A dead black dude and a mexican who shot him. Give the mexican award, life in prison. 2 less minorities for us to deal with. No white people involved but like Bush we get blamed for everything. How do you think it feels to be white, basically try and be a good person and never deny any other race their rights, but then still be made to feel guilty all the time?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #180
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I agree with you though had the kid not been trashed as a thief, thug, pot smoking school ditcher who seemed to be embracing thug life maybe the dude would already be in prison. He wasn't just black though he had some extra baggage and maybe that has swayed white America.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #181
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
The judge could totally throw this case out if it wasn't a nationally televised circus right now.

Had Trayvon lived, he would have been charged with assault and battery. Zimmerman shouldn't have gotten out of the car and followed, but that's totally irrelevant. His head was being smashed into the concrete and he chose to defend himself in the best way possible. End of story. I cannot believe the absurdity this case has brought out of some people. I just watched a prosecutor say if they were given those pictures as a case, they would not press assault and battery. Is everyone out of their minds? In what looney tune world do we live in where injuries like that are used against the victim? In what looney tune world does the man who has zero evidence of racism in his life, but in fact has a history of helping his community including its black population, gets labeled a racist while the kid who literally described him using a racial epithet gets totally ignored? I'm surprised the prosecution thinks they should bring up Zimmerman's past, which has zero value to the case. All it's going to do is open another can of worms in Martin's own past. A past that shows him flashing guns, gangsigns, weed, and everything else that would signify the sort of person who would ambush and beat a man.

I was amazed in every sense of the word by the medical examiner's statements and the direction the prosecutor took with them. These injuries aren't severe, therefore ... what? It doesn't matter! If I took a swing at you with a baseball bat and missed, would you have any injuries at all? Nope! But would you feel threatened and perhaps compelled to defend yourself? Of course. This is such a low-point for American media, television, the justice system, racial tensions, all of it. Beyond silly. And much of the media's obfuscation of the facts is going to be directly culpable for the inevitable riots and violence that will follow a not guilty verdict. There's truly not a single piece of evidence one could use to say Zimmerman murdered this kid, but you wouldn't know that watching most T.V. stations.
Damn. If Zimmerman wanted to kill Martin, then he should have done it before getting his ass kicked. Martin probably went for the gun too.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #182
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Judge allowed the prosecution to present evidence of zimmermans studies. Zimmerman stated in an interview with Sean hannity that he didn't know the SYG law,but it turns out he was lying. He took a criminal Justice course in which SYG was part of the course and thoroughly discussed.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #183
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
you are the dumbass that said there was no wound to his hand..... an abrasion is a wound.

LMAO A little scratch on his ring finger (not his knuckle) doesn't jive with the claim he was pummeling Zimmerman. Like the ME said, it's something someone might get from a single (****ty) punch -- or just as likely from something entirely unrelated.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #184
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Judge allowed the prosecution to present evidence of zimmermans studies. Zimmerman stated in an interview with Sean hannity that he didn't know the SYG law,but it turns out he was lying. He took a criminal Justice course in which SYG was part of the course and thoroughly discussed.
Yeah but the teacher said they only talked about it in class. The defense will have to find other students in the class to testify they also don't remember discussing it. If not its damaging and they would have to come up with why he didn't remember. But the teacher didn't seem to mention any test questions or actually assignments on it so that seems to be doable. If he had proof of lesson plans on it that would be worst.

For sure though there are some things that show Zimmerman lied about a few things.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #185
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
That's like what i would do. Go through school records, find everyone in the class with him and try to interview all of them. Find others who took same teacher and see how many remember how many don't. Hopefully you find some who don't remember, who aren't killers lol.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #186
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

One time we had a case where the one witness was a maid from Costa Rica that had since mysteriously went back to Costa Rica. We really needed to depose her because it was an elevator case which are big money. The plaintiff was saying she went to walk out of elevator but it didn't stop at floor, it opened 1 foot above and she fell out of elevator breaking her hip in 2 spots. Our elevator expert testified he thinks that could only happen if person was using the emergency stop which this lady was. She was with maid though and since she knew they sent her home.

Well bad news for them my cousin is a hand doctor in Costa Rica and he helped me find her. We flew her back to the USA, deposed her, won a defense verdict.

One reason the proscution puts on such a good case is they always have lots of resources to depose and find everyone who is a witness. That was the case where the attorneys at the office started to love me because i will do anything to find a witness and get them to a deposition.

When the witnesses live in the hood and have no phone or address i am the only paralegal/investigator willing to go to compton and start showing the brothers and homies pictures to find the guy. My trick is I bring gift cards to hand out to people to help out.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #187
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So peace it won't be too hard to find other students who may not remember covering that. Reasonable doubt. But if every student starts saying yeah we talked about that a lot Zimmerman takes a significant hit to his credibility. The defense would need some new plan to deal with it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #188
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It was raining that night, as stated by every witness that was present. They didn't even find Zimmerman's fingerprints on a gun he fired. Witnesses have already stated that the individual later identified as Trayvon was the man on top throwing punches. Had Zimmerman inflicted injuries on himself, as some of you appear to be insinuating, the police would've known. They're not exactly strangers to those sorts of shenanigans and not a single person in the case thus far has seriously suggested it for that reason.

Zimmerman being forgetful or lying about his studies might sour his credibility, but it's not something you convict second degree murder for. It's a horse and pony show for the prosecution. It would work, certainly, if every witness they'd brought up so far hadn't blown up in their face. Unfortunately for the prosecution, and as was stated by the police investigators a year ago, all the witnesses and evidence corroborate Zimmerman's side of the story.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #189
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah but the teacher said they only talked about it in class. The defense will have to find other students in the class to testify they also don't remember discussing it. If not its damaging and they would have to come up with why he didn't remember. But the teacher didn't seem to mention any test questions or actually assignments on it so that seems to be doable. If he had proof of lesson plans on it that would be worst.

For sure though there are some things that show Zimmerman lied about a few things.
You're trying make excuses. Zimmerman flat out lied, he aced the course and as the teacher noted was one of the better students. Test questions? Assignments? Not necessary, you got the actual teacher there. The jury watched Zimmerman on tape,say very clearly,no I never heard of SYG.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #190
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
You're trying make excuses. Zimmerman flat out lied, he aced the course and as the teacher noted was one of the better students. Test questions? Assignments? Not necessary, you got the actual teacher there. The jury watched Zimmerman on tape,say very clearly,no I never heard of SYG.
I look at it diffrerent because I have seen a lot of trials peace. If you don't think the defense has other students ready to testify they also don't remember discussing it you are crazy. Maybe the defense won't find any I don't know but it would be powerful rebuttal. The teacher had 0 records of talking about it and it wasn't in the book from what i have read on another site. No lesson plan on it, not in the book, not written in any tests. You fight that testimoney by finding other students who also don't remember it. This is what my job is.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #191
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
And that all a trial is. Evidence and excuses. He better have an excuse for this in the form of another students testimoney they don't remember talking about it either. If not it does point to Zimmerman lying about it. In that case they would have to explain it away some other way. Soon we will see the character assination of Trayvon and maybe even some of the prosecutions witnesses. It ain't over by a long shot.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #192
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I bet paralegals right now scrambling through lists of students who took that class with him if they didn't already. Probably already knew this was going to happen.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #193
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Now you know why if you are ever in trouble, don't give a statement to police, don't talk, just say you are too shook up to get thoughts straight and want to speak with your attorney. Even if you are 100% innocent talking to the police and giving statements is never in your best interests.

hell claim chest pains and make them take you to the hospital, anything but give statements and answer questions. Just don't do it!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #194
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And that all a trial is. Evidence and excuses. He better have an excuse for this in the form of another students testimoney they don't remember talking about it either. If not it does point to Zimmerman lying about it. In that case they would have to explain it away some other way. Soon we will see the character assination of Trayvon and maybe even some of the prosecutions witnesses. It ain't over by a long shot.
Nobody's going buy the idea that he forgot what he learned in a class he aced. You're kidding yourself. If Zimmerman,and it would still be a big if, had failed the class,then you would have a case to be made that he forgot. Unfortunately, he aced it, no one on that jury is going to believe he forgot what he learned in a class he aced.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #195
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Nobody's going buy the idea that he forgot what he learned in a class he aced. You're kidding yourself. If Zimmerman,and it would still be a big if, had failed the class,then you would have a case to be made that he forgot. Unfortunately, he aced it, no one on that jury is going to believe he forgot what he learned in a class he aced.
So if another student who got a B said you know I don't remember us talking about that. I maybe do one time but I had 5 other classes and it was awhile ago. That would not sway you at all? Trust me I know what I am talking about. if he learned it in the class why didn't teacher put it in a test or some classwork. He only said they talked about it. Sorry but any good atty will try and deal with this by finding even one other student who doesn't remember.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #196
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Hell I don't remember tons of stuff from school we probably talked about. Not a big deal.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #197
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Hell I don't remember tons of stuff from school we probably talked about. Not a big deal.
No ****, Sherlock.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #198
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I bet actual lawyers are directing their lackeys to go through lists of students who took that class with him if they didn't already. Probably already knew this was going to happen.
FYP
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #199
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Everyone remembers what they took seriously. It wasn't as if the subject was brought up once in passing,it was discussed thoroughly and on multiple times during the time he was in class. This was a class GZ took specifically because of his interest in law enforcement. They're not going to find anyone that forgot everything taught in that class.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #200
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

I never saw those pics of Zimmerman after the fact. Are those for real? If I'm on the jury and see those, I acquit.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote