The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #101
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Referring someone as cracker isn't profiling. Assuming someone is doing something wrong because they are black is ,which is what Zimmerman was doing.
Is cracker a racial slur?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #102
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Referring someone as cracker isn't profiling. Assuming someone is doing something wrong because they are black is ,which is what Zimmerman was doing.
Actually "because he is black" isn't even part of the case. The point that the prosecution is making is that Zimmerman followed Martin with intent to do harm. It had nothing to do with race. If you watch the trial, they are not even attempting to bring race into it. And they are smart not to do so. It is a lot easier for a jury to see white vs black than Hispanic vs black, the fact that there's no evidence he acted based on race notwithstanding.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 PM   #103
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The cop testifying how upset Zimmerman was, full of remorse, sort of flys in the face of Zimmerman a cold blooded killer out to hurt someone. It's obvious his intent was to protect his neighborhood. Also since when wasn't it about race? Only recently have they dropped the whole Zimmerman racially profiled him. Most likely because they didn't get the jury makeup they wanted and its too white.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #104
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Houghtam is the term cracker a racial slur or not?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #105
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The cop testifying how upset Zimmerman was, full of remorse, sort of flys in the face of Zimmerman a cold blooded killer out to hurt someone. It's obvious his intent was to protect his neighborhood. Also since when wasn't it about race? Only recently have they dropped the whole Zimmerman racially profiled him. Most likely because they didn't get the jury makeup they wanted and its too white.
1. You don't need to be a cold blooded killer to be convicted.
2. What's obvious is Zimmerman was out looking for trouble and he found it,then provoked it.
3. Zimmerman profiled martin. He didn't say "****ing punks" and "these a-holes always get away with it" without having profiled martin.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #106
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
1. You don't need to be a cold blooded killer to be convicted.
2. What's obvious is Zimmerman was out looking for trouble and he found it,then provoked it.
3. Zimmerman profiled martin. He didn't say "****ing punks" and "these a-holes always get away with it" without having profiled martin.
1-agree you dont have to be cold blooded to get convicted. But sympathy for the defendant from a prosecution witness that is also a cop is very good for the defense and paints Zimmerman in better light.

2-It's obvious he thought Martin was up to no good and because of a previous robbery was being over zealous. But looking for trouble IMO is your opinion.

3-Profiling somone as up to no good, punks, aholes is bad language but it only shows he thought Martin was a theif. Profiling is just waiting for any black dude to come through. Since no other black dudes been stopped by Zimmerman doesn't seem to be a pattern other then he reports suspicious behavoir to the police a little too often.

I agree he went too far i just don't think they will gt murder 2 on him. Too much of the evidence goes both ways and IMO it will be easy to get 1 or even 2-3 jurors voting for not guilty.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #107
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Try since the trial actually started. You know, the thing the jurors are supposed to pay attention to.

Have you watched the prosecution build ANY of its case so far, cut? Or are you like Garcia, ant1999e and several other just going off what they heard. I would think someone with the extensive experience you have filing for people who do actual legal work to know not to pay attention to the media hype and speculation surrounding a case, but rather the actual case itself. Sally Strouthers not teach you that?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #108
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yes i have followed. The prosecution is focusing on some inconsistent statements he made trying to show that indicates he was profiling the victim. But on cross the police were rather kind to the defense. The easily agreed that the inconsistent statements are to be expected in a traumatic event. Then they outright asked defense on a scale from liar, to telling the truth how do you rate Zimmerman. The cop said truthfull! I can only imagine the prosecution being frustrated to tell you the truth.

You actually just don't know what to look for Houghtam go back to watching movies about courtroom drama and taking care of the kids.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #109
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Basically just on cross examination, without calling witnesses, the defense has tons of testimoney pointing to reasonable doubt about whether it was murder 2 or self defense. True its not a slam dunk. Zimmerman had some inconsistent statements that could mean he made it seem like Martin jumped him when maybe the fight started more face to face. Not sure a few things like that enough for the jury though. I have serious doubts. Then the voice expert basically said forget about identifying with accuracy whose voices are on the 911 call. Thats another thing that will leave the jury unsatisfied and full of doubt.

I think he is going to walk on the murder 2 but like i said before we will have to wait and see if when it goes to the jury if they get instructions on manslaughter.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM   #110
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
1-agree you dont have to be cold blooded to get convicted. But sympathy for the defendant from a prosecution witness that is also a cop is very good for the defense and paints Zimmerman in better light.

2-It's obvious he thought Martin was up to no good and because of a previous robbery was being over zealous. But looking for trouble IMO is your opinion.

3-Profiling somone as up to no good, punks, aholes is bad language but it only shows he thought Martin was a theif. Profiling is just waiting for any black dude to come through. Since no other black dudes been stopped by Zimmerman doesn't seem to be a pattern other then he reports suspicious behavoir to the police a little too often.

I agree he went too far i just don't think they will gt murder 2 on him. Too much of the evidence goes both ways and IMO it will be easy to get 1 or even 2-3 jurors voting for not guilty.
That's exactly my point,what about martin walking home with an ice tea and a bag of skittles made him look like a thief?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #111
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There a pattern cause he made complaints to 911 before on multiple occasions about black kids in the neighborhood. He does have a history of singling out black kids.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #112
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Houghtam is the term cracker a racial slur or not?
, he dodges very well.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #113
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Let's see, CNN broadcasts Zimmerman's address, social security number, and other personal info. on air, but it's Fox News who is the slanted news channel. It was funny also how they tried to create Zimmerman into being a white guy as well when this first happened. Liberals can not leave the race issue out of anything since they believe they are the defenders, but are the first to condemn any black conservative and use racial slurs when they deem it is ok. The liberal media just gets worse and worse and their blind's eye to the joke we have in the WH is most sickening of all.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #114
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yes i have followed. The prosecution is focusing on some inconsistent statements he made trying to show that indicates he was profiling the victim. But on cross the police were rather kind to the defense. The easily agreed that the inconsistent statements are to be expected in a traumatic event. Then they outright asked defense on a scale from liar, to telling the truth how do you rate Zimmerman. The cop said truthfull! I can only imagine the prosecution being frustrated to tell you the truth.

You actually just don't know what to look for Houghtam go back to watching movies about courtroom drama and taking care of the kids.
Except the question wasn't whether I have followed the case, it was whether race has played a role in it. If you actually HAD been watching, you'd know it made up about 0% of the prosecution's case.

You and I both agree that this isn't going to be a cakewalk for either side. But Zimmerman is still innocent until he is proven guilty. I'm simply pointing out that the prosecution has a stronger case than idiots like Garcia think based on what they read and what little they know of legal proceedings and case building strategy, or idiots like any1999e who believe everything they read even they go in direct contradiction to the facts of the case.

The fact of the matter is that the prosecution is doing a decent job of bringing the inconsistencies in Zimmerman's story to light. By the time the prosecution rests, the defense will have a very difficult decision to make on whether to put him on the stand, and those inconsistencies are going to be one of the last things on the jurors' minds if he does testify.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #115
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
That's exactly my point,what about martin walking home with an ice tea and a bag of skittles made him look like a thief?
He claims he looked into houses. If i told you lawyers think defense is going to win would that sway you? What are we arguing whether hes going to be convicted, or whether he is lying about some stuff. Fla couldn't even get Casey Anthoney convicted.

In my mind i would be saying the guy wasn't out looking just to shoot someone. You don't call police and report a suspicious person if your intent is criminal. So murder 2 IMO this would not rise to. Just my opinion though and trials can always go either way.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:00 AM   #116
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Let's see, CNN broadcasts Zimmerman's address, social security number, and other personal info. on air, but it's Fox News who is the slanted news channel. It was funny also how they tried to create Zimmerman into being a white guy as well when this first happened. Liberals can not leave the race issue out of anything since they believe they are the defenders, but are the first to condemn any black conservative and use racial slurs when they deem it is ok. The liberal media just gets worse and worse and their blind's eye to the joke we have in the WH is most sickening of all.
You can always count on barryr to not give any examples to back up his accusations. Making **** up, as always. Care to give us an example of the bolded?
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #117
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You can always count on barryr to not give any examples to back up his accusations. Making **** up, as always. Care to give us an example of the bolded?
Ahh yes. It was originally reported as white on black crime based on the statements made by the young woman Martin was on the phone with. She was using Martin's comments that Zimmerman was a "creepy azz cracka"
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #118
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I'm on the side of "I have no idea what happened." I hope the trial brings out the facts, but that's not a foregone conclusion in any case as high profile as this.
That's where I stand. It would be interesting to see how different this thread would've been if Martin wasn't black or Zimmerman was. Lives should come before politics.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #119
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
So walking home with a soda & skittles on the phone is odd behavior?
When you are white..no. When you are black, yes. Just because he is half Hispanic doesn't mean it isn't race related.

I cannot believe anyone would even defend this wacko.

Last edited by DenverBroncosJM; 07-02-2013 at 11:38 AM..
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #120
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Really? You think people think that?

He was out in the rain, in the night, looking around, in a place with a growing crime rate. So much so that they had to institute a police department blessed neighbor hood watch. Come on now. That's odd behavior and a person who is on the neighborhood watch should look into it.
Just for the record all neighborhood watch programs are blessed by the police department. If you call them today they will send an officer out to instruct you on the program.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #121
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Ahh yes. It was originally reported as white on black crime based on the statements made by the young woman Martin was on the phone with. She was using Martin's comments that Zimmerman was a "creepy azz cracka"
Reporting on what a witness said is not the same thing as the media claiming Zimmerman was white.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #122
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Race has played a roll in this because of how the media and certain politicians like to play that card when current events and racial tensions collide into a media firestorm. He looks like my son would look. Yeah our president actually said that.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #123
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Man the police in this case are pro zimmerman. Here is what a cop said today.

Serino testified Monday that at first he did not believe Zimmerman's story, but when he told Zimmerman the fatal, February, 2012 encounter may have been caught on video, Zimmerman's response of "Thank God" changed his mind, Serino said.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #124
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another thing serino pointed out is that there was no blood on trayvon martins hands. Which is significant because Zimmerman claimed martin tried to suffocate him with hand. There's no way martin could not have gotten blood on his hands if that were true.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #125
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Another thing serino pointed out is that there was no blood on trayvon martins hands. Which is significant because Zimmerman claimed martin tried to suffocate him with hand. There's no way martin could not have gotten blood on his hands if that were true.
Not to mention the lack of any wounds on his hands, which were highly likely even if he was doing any serious punching. It takes a lot of time and effort to train and condition yourself to throw a serious punch (to a non soft target) without also hurting your hand to some degree (bruises, lacerations, broken bones, sprained wrists, etc).
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote