The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #776
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,589
Default

Nugent:
But George Zimmerman and his entire family, innocent of any wrongdoing, have lost everything and will be in debt for a long, long time for having to fight the trumped-up charges that he "profiled" and/or set out to murder the poor, helpless, dope-smoking, dope-peddling, gangsta wannabe, Skittles hoodie boy.

There are black mobs across America that are guilty of the worst racism since the Klan," and also adding, "The worst racism against blacks is documented and undeniable by blacks." According to Nugent, "The blacks have bought into this lie that somehow they're oppressed when the President is black, the Attorney General is black, governors are black, senators are black, congressmen are black, mayors are black, Oprah Winfrey, the richest people in the world are black. It is a dirty lie."

Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #777
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,165

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Now we attack the jurors. What s sick country.
The prosecution is present and active in jury selection. They have no one to blame but themselves in every aspect of this trial/spectacle.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #778
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Interesting how that Nancy Grace,(whom apparently is hysterical that Zimmerman was found not guilty), can state that Zimmerman "drives to Taco Bell and can order churros" is somehow missed by the PC and racism police. Where is the outrage? Where are the civil rights groups demanding her to be fired? I guess racist comments are allowed depending on who says it and whom it is said about. Like I have stated many times, the race issue is a joke in this country, especially when one sees the double standards that exist. So we'll see just how far this goes or is, as I suspect, met with tepid remarks at most.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #779
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Interesting how that Nancy Grace,(whom apparently is hysterical that Zimmerman was found not guilty), can state that Zimmerman "drives to Taco Bell and can order churros" is somehow missed by the PC and racism police. Where is the outrage? Where are the civil rights groups demanding her to be fired? I guess racist comments are allowed depending on who says it and whom it is said about. Like I have stated many times, the race issue is a joke in this country, especially when one sees the double standards that exist. So we'll see just how far this goes or is, as I suspect, met with tepid remarks at most.
Nancy Grace sucks. I always figured her as a Republitard.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #780
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Jury service was intended to be more or less the same pool as those who vote. There is a reason for that. Stop complaining about the jurors unless you're also prepared to start discussing the limiting of voting rights.

The justice system worked as intended in this case. I happen to be of the opinion that it is likely that Zimmerman wasn't as innocent as he pretended to be, but he is innocent until proven guilty, and should be afforded that right based on reasonable doubt. There was reasonable doubt in this case, and unfortunately we will never know what happened. The court of public opinion doesn't matter, it is only about the facts of the case. There were simply not enough facts to secure a conviction.

I also don't believe that this is a case that never should have gone to trial. Any time someone is shot and killed, there should be an arrest and/or investigation. If you remember, that is supposedly all Martin's parents were asking for in the first place. They got it, and rightfully so. But the decision of the jury is not up to them, and that should be the end of the story.
^^ Pretty much sums it up.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #781
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Now we attack the jurors. What s sick country.
I know, these Juror on Juror crimes must stop!

Zimmerman trial: 4 jurors say Juror B37 does not speak for them
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #782
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Interesting how that Nancy Grace,(whom apparently is hysterical that Zimmerman was found not guilty), can state that Zimmerman "drives to Taco Bell and can order churros" is somehow missed by the PC and racism police. Where is the outrage? Where are the civil rights groups demanding her to be fired? I guess racist comments are allowed depending on who says it and whom it is said about. Like I have stated many times, the race issue is a joke in this country, especially when one sees the double standards that exist. So we'll see just how far this goes or is, as I suspect, met with tepid remarks at most.
Let's see: Taco Bell serves fast food to every demographic (√), every demographic eats at Taco Bell (√), Taco Bell serves churros (√), churros in general are delicious (√), barryr being hysterical and repetitive (√) barryr equally outraged, of say, Obama racists characterizations by Fox, Brietbart, etc. (X) sorry that is a racial outrage bridge to far for barryr to cross.

Now back to churros........mmmmm.......churros.....

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #783
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Nancy Grace sucks. I always figured her as a Republitard.
Nancy Grace is one of the ugliest people on the planet both inside and out.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #784
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,387

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Nancy Grace is one of the ugliest people on the planet both inside and out.
If I'm flipping the channels and she pops up I flip away as quickly as humanly possible. That woman's voice is the auditory equivalent of pepper spray.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #785
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,763
Default

.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-17-2013 at 03:59 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #786
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Let's see: Taco Bell serves fast food to every demographic (√), every demographic eats at Taco Bell (√), Taco Bell serves churros (√), churros in general are delicious (√), barryr being hysterical and repetitive (√) barryr equally outraged, of say, Obama racists characterizations by Fox, Brietbart, etc. (X) sorry that is a racial outrage bridge to far for barryr to cross.

Now back to churros........mmmmm.......churros.....

Do you think the Martin family went out for fried chicken after the trial?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #787
ant1999e
Ring of Famer
 
ant1999e's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: BFE
Posts: 6,249

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
I know, these Juror on Juror crimes must stop!

Zimmerman trial: 4 jurors say Juror B37 does not speak for them
But they all voted not guilty so...
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #788
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Let's see: Taco Bell serves fast food to every demographic (√), every demographic eats at Taco Bell (√), Taco Bell serves churros (√), churros in general are delicious (√), barryr being hysterical and repetitive (√) barryr equally outraged, of say, Obama racists characterizations by Fox, Brietbart, etc. (X) sorry that is a racial outrage bridge to far for barryr to cross.

Now back to churros........mmmmm.......churros.....

, that logic is now suddenly involved with the racism game. I'll play: Every demographic wears a hoody too. Yeah, I know, but, but, that's different. Sure.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #789
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Do you think the Martin family went out for fried chicken after the trial?
Good one, since every demographic eats chicken, so that can't be racist to say that then if what Grace stated isn't. Hard as they try, people can't have it both ways.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #790
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If I'm flipping the channels and she pops up I flip away as quickly as humanly possible. That woman's voice is the auditory equivalent of pepper spray.

I hear ya. How she manages to stay on the air is a mystery to me. I never tune in CNN any more for fear I might catch a promo of her show.


....and those eyes, oh my God those eyes. You can't unsee that face.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #791
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hear ya. How she manages to stay on the air is a mystery to me. I never tune in CNN any more for fear I might catch a promo of her show.


....and those eyes, oh my God those eyes. You can't unsee that face.
Most would have lost their job already if made the same comment she stated last night. But racism stopped being about protecting people's rights a long time ago and has just become yet another political tool to use when needed.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #792
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Most would have lost their job already if made the same comment she stated last night. But racism stopped being about protecting people's rights a long time ago and has just become yet another political tool to use when needed.
I agree.

It's called divide and conquer.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #793
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I agree.

It's called divide and conquer.
in order to control.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 PM   #794
uplink
Ring of Famer
 
uplink's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,053
Default

I didn't watch the news for the Zimmerman case, are these the relevant facts:

Zim has volunteer job a neighborhood watchman
Zim has gun legally
Zim sees 17 year old Martin one night and follows him due to suspicion
Zim is told by police to not follow Martin
Zim continues to follow Martin
Martin attacks Zim physically and Zim legitimately feared for life
Zim shoots Martin

If those are the facts, I don't see how anyone would think Zim is guilty of murder, since Martin attacked him physically. Complication would be if he was not legally able to carry the gun and if the attack by Martin was not considered 'life threatening' to Zim. Maybe there is more to it than those facts.

Zim my have done some things wrong such as following Martin, but Martin should not have attacked Zim in such a severe manner.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #795
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer
 
The Lone Bolt's Avatar
 
GO CHARGERS!!!!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Boredom Capital of the Universe (Everett, WA)
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I hear ya. How she manages to stay on the air is a mystery to me. I never tune in CNN any more for fear I might catch a promo of her show.


....and those eyes, oh my God those eyes. You can't unsee that face.
This coming from the dude who wants to boink this chick :

The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #796
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
in order to control.
Si
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #797
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
This coming from the dude who wants to boink this chick :

I know go figure
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #798
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Please do not post a pic of Nancy Grace. pretty please.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #799
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Do you think the Martin family went out for fried chicken after the trial?
Maybe they did or didn't, but I'm sure that in the minds of republicans and conservatives they paid with this:

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #800
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
, that logic is now suddenly involved with the racism game. I'll play: Every demographic wears a hoody too. Yeah, I know, but, but, that's different. Sure.
Come on, we all know you don't even eat churros because, you know they are.....


El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Denver Broncos