The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #701
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin

https://www.facebook.com/alexandercf...00600518857296

Unlikely. It's a big country, if he even stays here. I do think he'll need to make his peace with God.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #702
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post
Perhaps some of the liberals should direct their anger at the African tribal leaders who sold their people/slaves to whites. Yet somehow the media never discusses this. They had slavery and servitude there, and sold some of them to us. Of course, the farce of an education system we now have has found it convenient to forget all of this.
Most people don't know this but the first Slave Owner in North America was a black man. Further in the early 1600's the slaves that came here were indentured servants. This changed over time. Most people also don't know that during the Reconstruction Era some 30 plus Black Americans served in our Congress until the Democrats of the time re-gained control in the South and started passing Jim Crow.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #703
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
For those of you believing that white people ruined every opportunity for blacks for centuries you need to stop spewing what the liberal media tells you. First and foremost, none of us lived in times of slavery or even in times when blacks could not go into certain places. The entire situation has been reversed. Ever try to get into a club late night if you're a white male? You're not part of the group the doorman is letting in. Are there not black tv channels? Black social groups? Black political groups? Yes there are, but somehow that is fine. If you started a white club you would be crucified.
You can always tell someone's a racist when they claim that reverse racism is the real problem. You know, us white folk just have it so tough, while those welfare queens in their Cadillacs are living large. Exhibit A of such pitiful ignorance above.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #704
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
You can always tell someone's a racist when they claim that reverse racism is the real problem. You know, us white folk just have it so tough, while those welfare queens in their Cadillacs are living large. Exhibit A of such pitiful ignorance above.

Who is racist?
July 13, 2013
I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

Apparently other Americans also recognize that the sources of racism are different today from what they were in the past. According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 31 percent of blacks think that most blacks are racists, while 24 percent of blacks think that most whites are racist.

The difference between these percentages is not great, but it is remarkable nevertheless. After all, generations of blacks fought the white racism from which they suffered for so long. If many blacks themselves now think that most other blacks are racist, that is startling.

The moral claims advanced by generations of black leaders — claims that eventually touched the conscience of the nation and turned the tide toward civil rights for all — have now been cheapened by today’s generation of black “leaders,” who act as if it is all just a matter of whose ox is gored.

Even in legal cases involving terrible crimes — the O.J. Simpson murder trial or the charges of gang rape against Duke University students — many black “leaders” and their followers have not waited for facts about who was guilty and who was not, but have immediately taken sides, based on who was black and who was white.

Among whites, according to the same Rasmussen poll, 38 percent consider most blacks racist and 10 percent consider most whites racist.

Broken down by politics, the same poll showed that 49 percent of Republicans consider most blacks racist, as do 36 percent of independents and 29 percent of Democrats.

Perhaps most disturbing of all, just 29 percent of Americans as a whole think race relations are getting better, while 32 percent think race relations are getting worse. The difference is too close to call, but the fact that it is so close is itself painful — and perhaps a warning sign for where we are heading.

Is this what so many Americans, both black and white, struggled for, over the decades and generations, to try to put the curse of racism behind us — only to reach a point where retrogression in race relations now seems at least equally likely as progress?

What went wrong? Perhaps no single factor can be blamed for all the things that went wrong. Insurgent movements of all sorts, in countries around the world, have for centuries soured in the aftermath of their own success. “The revolution betrayed” is a theme that goes back at least as far as 18th century France.

The civil rights movement in 20th century America attracted many people who put everything on the line for the sake of fighting against racial oppression. But the eventual success of that movement attracted opportunists, and even turned some idealists into opportunists.

Over the generations, black leaders have ranged from noble souls to shameless charlatans. After the success of the civil rights insurgency, the latter have come into their own, gaining money, power and fame by promoting racial attitudes and actions that are counterproductive to the interests of those they lead.

None of this is unique to blacks or to the United States. In various countries and times, leaders of groups that lagged behind, economically and educationally, have taught their followers to blame all their problems on other people — and to hate those other people.

This was the history of anti-Semitic movements in Eastern Europe between the two World Wars, anti-Ibo movements in Nigeria in the 1960s, and anti-Tamil movements that turned Sri Lanka from a peaceful nation into a scene of lethal mob violence and then decades-long civil war, both marked by unspeakable atrocities. .

Groups that rose from poverty to prosperity seldom did so by having racial or ethnic leaders. While most Americans can easily name a number of black leaders, current or past, how many can name Asian American ethnic leaders or Jewish ethnic leaders?

The time is long overdue to stop looking for progress through racial or ethnic leaders. Such leaders have too many incentives to promote polarizing attitudes and actions that are counterproductive for minorities and disastrous for the country.

http://www.creators.com/conservative...-13-07-09.html
Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #705
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

America has always been a racist country. Not just against blacks. Against everybody who came over here after the original Puritans - not to mention the indigenous people already living here - pretty much against anybody deemed "different" by the majority. Racism against African-Americans has the added horror of hundreds of years of slavery attached to it. Most who weren't part of the Anglo majority (including non-Anglo Europeans) were subject to some form of discrimination, if not downright attacked. Of course, racism is a world-wide phenomena. It exists in every country on Earth. It's a human failing.

Hell, just look it up on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_ra..._United_States
It would take days to read through all those links. It's an ugly history. And it's not over yet.

Check out this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_t..._of_race_riots
It gets even worse.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 07-15-2013 at 02:07 PM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #706
Bronco Yoda

Bingo!

Today's Jessie Jackson's and Al Sharpton are hurting the cause.

We all need to come together as Americans and listen to one another. We all have valid points of view that the other side need to understand. This will never happen while these race-baiters benefit by dividing people.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #707
B-Large

Quote:
I understand completely where you're coming from. I haven't posted much and joined the site less than a year ago. The reason I haven't posted much is most threads seem to get to the political world, and if you have a pro-America view and view of Conservatives you are basically attacked.
I do love how conservative are the only "pro-America" group and whine and cry everytime they get unfairly treated by the mean, "liberal" media.

You've entered a politics discussion, stop being such a hair pie. I get attacked at the NRO daily, do I whine and cry? No, I argue and lay out my points because I enjoy the freedom to discuss and disagree politically. I assume you Cutthemdown so as well, so stop being pansies.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #708
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Bingo!

Today's Jessie Jackson's and Al Sharpton are hurting the cause.

We all need to come together as Americans and listen to one another. We all have valid points of view that the other side need to understand. This will never happen while these race-baiters benefit by dividing people.
This, to me, was always the critical tragedy of this case and I wondered why nobody ever brought it up: Why didn't Zimmerman just talk to Trayvon? The lesson of this case (IMO) is that this boy is dead because the two or them were acting on their assumptions of who the other was, and what they were doing. Had they talked to each other, maybe the whole thing never happens?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #709
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This, to me, was always the critical tragedy of this case and I wondered why nobody ever brought it up: Why didn't Zimmerman just talk to Trayvon? The lesson of this case (IMO) is that this boy is dead because the two or them were acting on their assumptions of who the other was, and what they were doing. Had they talked to each other, maybe the whole thing never happens?
Because he thought he was Batman. He's out chasing kids toilette papering their yards or whatever with a handgun. Most men don't do that.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #710
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Broncoinferno, I see you are one of the pure liberal communist anti-white people. I live in Hudson county New Jersey. Do you have a clue where that is? It's Newark, jersey city, bad areas of the country. And do I see blacks on welfare driving range rovers and dealing drugs? Getting not only food stamps which now is just the swipe of a card, and all their utilities paid, and section 8 living, and a cash allowance.

Do I see this dozens if not hundreds of times every damn day?

Hell yes I do. So how on Earth is the liberal communist plan good for all?

A huge percentage of these "troubled folks" deal drugs. You think I dont know because I'm white? I own a damn pharmacy here. I see these people all day every day at my store, and then in the streets. Oh yeah I forgot, they ALREADY get free damn medicine and health. Your stupid liar messiah is not giving any of them anything they don't already have. The whole unaffordable care act is just another huge tax to punish the workers.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #711
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
You wanna see reality and what's happening with your tax money and "the grand liberal plan". I'll gladly give you my address and pay your ticket to come here and see. The only people suffering are people who have jobs.

You should actually open your eyes for once.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #712
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Who is racist?
July 13, 2013
I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

Apparently other Americans also recognize that the sources of racism are different today from what they were in the past. According to a recent Rasmussen poll, 31 percent of blacks think that most blacks are racists, while 24 percent of blacks think that most whites are racist.

The difference between these percentages is not great, but it is remarkable nevertheless. After all, generations of blacks fought the white racism from which they suffered for so long. If many blacks themselves now think that most other blacks are racist, that is startling.

The moral claims advanced by generations of black leaders — claims that eventually touched the conscience of the nation and turned the tide toward civil rights for all — have now been cheapened by today’s generation of black “leaders,” who act as if it is all just a matter of whose ox is gored.

Even in legal cases involving terrible crimes — the O.J. Simpson murder trial or the charges of gang rape against Duke University students — many black “leaders” and their followers have not waited for facts about who was guilty and who was not, but have immediately taken sides, based on who was black and who was white.

Among whites, according to the same Rasmussen poll, 38 percent consider most blacks racist and 10 percent consider most whites racist.

Broken down by politics, the same poll showed that 49 percent of Republicans consider most blacks racist, as do 36 percent of independents and 29 percent of Democrats.

Perhaps most disturbing of all, just 29 percent of Americans as a whole think race relations are getting better, while 32 percent think race relations are getting worse. The difference is too close to call, but the fact that it is so close is itself painful — and perhaps a warning sign for where we are heading.

Is this what so many Americans, both black and white, struggled for, over the decades and generations, to try to put the curse of racism behind us — only to reach a point where retrogression in race relations now seems at least equally likely as progress?

What went wrong? Perhaps no single factor can be blamed for all the things that went wrong. Insurgent movements of all sorts, in countries around the world, have for centuries soured in the aftermath of their own success. “The revolution betrayed” is a theme that goes back at least as far as 18th century France.

The civil rights movement in 20th century America attracted many people who put everything on the line for the sake of fighting against racial oppression. But the eventual success of that movement attracted opportunists, and even turned some idealists into opportunists.

Over the generations, black leaders have ranged from noble souls to shameless charlatans. After the success of the civil rights insurgency, the latter have come into their own, gaining money, power and fame by promoting racial attitudes and actions that are counterproductive to the interests of those they lead.

None of this is unique to blacks or to the United States. In various countries and times, leaders of groups that lagged behind, economically and educationally, have taught their followers to blame all their problems on other people — and to hate those other people.

This was the history of anti-Semitic movements in Eastern Europe between the two World Wars, anti-Ibo movements in Nigeria in the 1960s, and anti-Tamil movements that turned Sri Lanka from a peaceful nation into a scene of lethal mob violence and then decades-long civil war, both marked by unspeakable atrocities. .

Groups that rose from poverty to prosperity seldom did so by having racial or ethnic leaders. While most Americans can easily name a number of black leaders, current or past, how many can name Asian American ethnic leaders or Jewish ethnic leaders?

The time is long overdue to stop looking for progress through racial or ethnic leaders. Such leaders have too many incentives to promote polarizing attitudes and actions that are counterproductive for minorities and disastrous for the country.

http://www.creators.com/conservative...-13-07-09.html

This is easily one of the top 5 best posts on this site ever. Some actual truth for a change, not just pure liberal communist drivel.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #713
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I do love how conservative are the only "pro-America" group and whine and cry everytime they get unfairly treated by the mean, "liberal" media.

You've entered a politics discussion, stop being such a hair pie. I get attacked at the NRO daily, do I whine and cry? No, I argue and lay out my points because I enjoy the freedom to discuss and disagree politically. I assume you Cutthemdown so as well, so stop being pansies.
What's your point. I'm not whining. You're the damn whiner. I'm agreeing with cutthemdown that you liberal communists have ruined far too many things.

What's your goal? Ruin America? Only blacks and gays and other liberal,causes are allowed to be shoved in our faces 24-7?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #714
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Most people don't know this but the first Slave Owner in North America was a black man. Further in the early 1600's the slaves that came here were indentured servants. This changed over time. Most people also don't know that during the Reconstruction Era some 30 plus Black Americans served in our Congress until the Democrats of the time re-gained control in the South and started passing Jim Crow.
Thank God there are still some educated people around. Thank you Garcia Bronco.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #715
jerseyboiler120

Btw blarge, I see like a typical liberal you called me names right out of the gate. Hair pie. Good one. You libs always think you're so smart calling anyone that does not agree with your opinion to the letter names. You think you're progressive, intellectual. The higher order of the species. Utopian if you will.

But you fools always belittle your already low intellect by name calling. You just can't avoid it. The media tells you zombies to do it, and like sheep you do it.

Have you ever actually had a thought of your own?
Old 07-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #716
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
lol... you can tell if someone is a racist if the claim reverse racism is the real problem. lol

you know, us black folks have it so tough, while the white trash people are living in their double wide are living large.

im not white and im not black. but don't you think its getting kinda old? playing this race card while everyone else is working their butt off? we got folks south of the border risking their family, life and everything they got just to get an opportunity. yet we got folks born here no matter what race they are b****in and whinning about how unfair they are treated. instead of looking at the real problem which is themselves.

did GZ racial profile the kid: probably yes

did GZ acted beyond the scope of his duty: yes

did TM deserve to die: no

did TM have a cause to attack GZ: yes

is TM correct for attacking GZ: no

did GZ shot TM because he was black: no
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #717
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
What's being lost here is TM attacked GZ and was profiling GZ as a cracker. Sorry but the young man was a thug.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #718
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
What's being lost here is TM attacked GZ and was profiling GZ as a cracker. Sorry but the young man was a thug.
he could of been a thug, but this could of been avoided by GZ. He should of stayed back when told so, instead he confronted TM and the situation broke loose. To blame this on TM because he is a thug is crazy. Both at the fault, its a shame only 1 came out alive to learn from their mistake. The other never had a second chance.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #719
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
he could of been a thug, but this could of been avoided by GZ. He should of stayed back when told so, instead he confronted TM and the situation broke loose. To blame this on TM because he is a thug is crazy. Both at the fault, its a shame only 1 came out alive to learn from their mistake. The other never had a second chance.
Not crazy. He shares more of the blame than GZ. He didn't like that he was being followed So what? Everytime I'm walking in jersey city and the brothers are following me does that give me the right to attack them and beat them? And if I did and I was killed would the media make it a national story for well over a year? Would obummer come to my defense?

I think we all know the answer.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #720
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Feel free to use this race-baiting card just add your picture and name .......
The Trayvon Martin Killing and the Myth of Black-on-Black Crime

by Jamelle Bouie
Crime is driven by proximity and opportunity, writes Jamelle Bouie—which is why 86 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders.

Last week, in Chicago, 16-year-old Darryl Green was found dead in the yard of an abandoned home. He was killed, relatives reported, because he refused to join a gang. Unlike most tragedies, however—which remain local news—this one caught the attention of conservative activist Ben Shapiro, an editor for Breitbart News. Using the hashtag “#justicefordarryl,” Shaprio tweeted and publicized the details of Green’s murder. But this wasn’t a call for help and assistance for Green’s family, rather, it was his response to wide outrage over Saturday’s decision in the case of George Zimmerman, where a Florida jury judged him “not guilty” of second-degree murder or manslaughter in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

Shapiro, echoing many other conservatives, is angry over the perceived politicization of the Zimmerman trial, and believes that activists have ”injected” race into the discussion, as if there’s nothing racial already within the criminal-justice system. Indeed, he echoes many conservatives when he complains that media attention had everything to do with Zimmerman’s race. If he were black, the argument goes, no one would care. And so, Shapiro found the sad story of Darryl Green, and promoted it as an example of the “black-on-black” crime that, he believes, goes ignored. Or, as he tweets, “49% of murder victims are black men. 93% of those are killed by other blacks. Media don’t care. Obama doesn’t care. #JusticeForDarryl.”

The idea that “black-on-black” crime is the real story in Martin’s killing isn’t a novel one. In addition to Shapiro, you’ll hear the argument from conservative African-American activists like Crystal White, as well as people outside the media, like Zimmerman defense attorney Mark O’Mara, who said that his client “never would have been charged with a crime” if he were black.

(It’s worth noting, here, that Zimmerman wasn’t charged with a crime. At least, not at first. It took six weeks of protest and pressure for Sanford police to revisit the killing and bring charges against him. Indeed, in the beginning, Martin’s cause had less to do with the identity of the shooter and everything to do with the appalling disinterest of the local police department.)

But there’s a huge problem with attempt to shift the conversation: There’s no such thing as “black-on-black” crime. Yes, from 1976 to 2005, 94 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders, but that racial exclusivity was also true for white victims of violent crime—86 percent were killed by white offenders. Indeed, for the large majority of crimes, you’ll find that victims and offenders share a racial identity, or have some prior relationship to each other.

What Shapiro and others miss about crime, in general, is that it’s driven by opportunism and proximity; If African-Americans are more likely to be robbed, or injured, or killed by other African-Americans, it’s because they tend to live in the same neighborhoods as each other. Residential statistics bear this out (PDF); blacks are still more likely to live near each other or other minority groups than they are to whites. And of course, the reverse holds as well—whites are much more likely to live near other whites than they are to minorities and African-Americans in particular.

Nor are African-Americans especially criminal. If they were, you would still see high rates of crime among blacks, even as the nation sees a historic decline in criminal offenses. Instead, crime rates among African-Americans, and black youth in particular, have taken a sharp drop. In Washington, D.C., for example, fewer than 10 percent of black youth are in a gang, have sold drugs, have carried a gun, or have stolen more than $100 in goods.

Overall, figures from a variety of institutions—including the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Bureau of Justice Statistics—show that among black youth, rates of robbery and serious property offenses are at their lowest rates in 40 years, as are rates of violent crime and victimization. And while it’s true that young black men are a disproportionate share of the nation’s murder victims, it’s hard to disentangle this from the stew of hyper-segregation (often a result of deliberate policies), entrenched poverty, and nonexistent economic opportunities that characterizes a substantial number of black communities. Hence the countless inner-city anti-violence groups that focus on creating opportunity for young, disadvantaged African-Americans, through education, mentoring, and community programs. Blacks care intensely about the violence that happens in their communities. After all, they have to live with it.

“Black-on-black crime” has been part of the American lexicon for decades, but as a specific phenomenon, it’s no more real than “white-on-white crime.” Unlike the latter, however, the idea of “black-on-black crime” taps into specific fears around black masculinity and black criminality—the same fears that, in Florida, led George Zimmerman to focus his attention on Trayvon Martin, and in New York, continue to justify Michael Bloomberg’s campaign of police harassment against young black men in New York City.

Indeed, these fears are the reason that—in predominantly African-American neighborhoods across the country—police gathered and waited. There might be riots, observers said, and we have to be prepared. Why? The protests in support of Martin have been peaceful, and no one has called for violence or retribution. But that doesn’t matter.

America is afraid of black people, and that’s especially true—it seems—when it thinks they might be angry.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #721
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This site is a joke and this will be my last post. Just leave it for liberals and race baiters.
You can dish it out, but you can't take it.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #722
Bronco Yoda

African-Americans and really all people of color have historically gotten the dirty end of the legal system stick. We all need to acknowledge this.

It is interesting how the media has kept pretty quiet about the dirty pool this prosecutor played on GZ. BTW, there will be a special hearing about this around the first of next month. ) Apparently this prosecutor has a well known reputation OF ALWAYS OVERCHARGING! hmmmm... how coincidental.

Because of political pressure to quiet the race-baiters, proper lesser chargers that could have resulted in jail time were in essence squashed. They knew they didn't have a case for murder 2 but didn't want to fight the Jessie Jackson brigade. So now we all see what ultimately happened.

And speaking of the prosecutor who was overplaying trayvon being a little child who ran down by an adult and assassinated. This guy's been practicing for 30 years and has only lost a couple of said murder cases. How many African-American young men do you think he's overcharged and sent up the river over the years. I wonder how many 17 year old (children) he's tried as adults.

I hope they properly sanction this guy for his shenanigans.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-15-2013 at 03:46 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #723
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
African-Americans and really all people of color have historically gotten the dirty end of the legal system stick. We all need to acknowledge this.

It is interesting how the media has kept pretty quiet about the dirty pool this prosecutor played on GZ. BTW, there will be a special hearing about this around the first of next month. ) Apparently this prosecutor has a well known reputation OF ALWAYS OVERCHARGING! hmmmm... how coincidental.

Because of political pressure to quiet the race-baiters, proper lesser chargers that could have resulted in jail time were in essence squashed. They knew they didn't have a case for murder 2 but didn't want to fight the Jessie Jackson brigade. So now we all see what ultimately happened.

And speaking of the prosecutor who was overplaying trayvon being a little child who ran down by an adult and assassinated. This guy's been practicing for 30 years and has only lost a couple of said murder cases. How many African-American young men do you think he's overcharged and sent up the river over the years. I wonder how many 17 year old (children) he's tried as adults.

I hope they properly sanction this guy for his shenanigans.
How A Black Businessman Was Sentenced To Life In Prison For A Likely Self-Defense Killing

By Nicole Flatow on Sep 24, 2012 at 12:00 pm

When police investigated the death of Brian Epp, they determined that John McNeil was merely acting in self-defense when he shot Epp for allegedly loitering on his property, threatening him and his 19-year-old son with a knife. They didn’t charge him with any crime. But 274 days later, McNeil was prosecuted and sentenced to life in prison, theGrio explains:

The case relates to events on December 6, 2005, when McNeil received a distress call from his teenage son that a man was lurking around in their backyard.

“John called 911 and told the police he was on his way home,” said his wife, who is living with advanced stage cancer. According to testimony, the man, Brian Epp, a hired contractor with whom McNeil had past disagreements, had already pulled out a knife on McNeil’s 19-year-old son.

When McNeil returned home, Epp, who is white, refused to leave, despite being asked several times. McNeil and eye-witnesses testified that he fired a warning shot but when Epp charged towards him with his hand in his pocket he shot out in self-defense.
Witnesses corroborated this account, as well as McNeil’s fear of Epps. A couple who had also hired Epps testified at trial that they carried a gun around him because of his threatening behavior. Nevertheless, McNeil, a black property owner who has now been in jail for almost six years for the death of a white trespasser, lost his appeal before the Supreme Court in 2008.

McNeil’s case is, in many respects, the mirror image of the infamous shooting of Trayvon Martin earlier this year. In Florida, a “Stand Your Ground” law that often enables shooters to literally get away with murder initially protected George Zimmerman from prosecution, although he has since been charged with second-degree murder, and Zimmerman could still escape justice because of Florida’s Stand Your Ground law. McNeil, on the other hand, has now lost six years of his life in spite of what appears to be a much clearer case of self-defense under Georgia’s “Castle Doctrine,” a more limited law that permits the use of deadly force to defend one’s own property.

Civil rights groups are now calling for McNeil’s immediate release, pointing to the Trayvon Martin case to show that laws intended to apply equally to all races discriminate against African Americans whether they are the alleged perpetrator or the victim.

“We are victims at both ends of the gun,” said Marcus Coleman, who leads the Atlanta chapter of the National Action Network.

The mayor of McNeil’s hometown, Wilson, N.C., has also joined in calling for McNeil’s release. In a letter to Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, he said, “I have read the entire trial transcript and I believe it’s clear that John only acted to protect his family.”

In the Georgia Supreme Court’s opinion, the one dissenting justice, Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears, wrote unequivocally that McNeil should have been protected by Georgia’s “Castle doctrine,” writing: “the evidence was overwhelming in showing that a reasonable person in McNeil’s shoes would have believed that he was subject to an imminent physical attack by an aggressor possessing a knife and that it was necessary to use deadly force to protect himself from serious bodily injury or a forcible felony.”

McNeil, who had no other criminal history, has a second appeal pending. If he loses that, he will have to file a clemency request with the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles.

“The John McNeil case is unique in the Southern and American criminal justice system,” said Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP, in an interview with theGrio. “You just can’t find a case where a black man on his property shoots a white armed aggressor and the black man is defended by two senior white detectives, white eyewitnesses, a black female Chief Justice of the state Supreme Court, all who challenge the conclusion of and prosecution by a white DA.”
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #724
B-Large

Quote:
Btw blarge, I see like a typical liberal you called me names right out of the gate. Hair pie. Good one. You libs always think you're so smart calling anyone that does not agree with your opinion to the letter names. You think you're progressive, intellectual. The higher order of the species. Utopian if you will.

But you fools always belittle your already low intellect by name calling. You just can't avoid it. The media tells you zombies to do it, and like sheep you do it.

Have you ever actually had a thought of your own?
see sensitive as can be- nailed it the first time around.

and you tossed out the cliched media zombie line... I thought it would be sheep, but zombie is impressive too.

My guess your next post will blame all problems on "low information voters"....

Yep, you're an original thinker all right.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #725
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Perhaps some of the liberals should direct their anger at the African tribal leaders who sold their people/slaves to whites. Yet somehow the media never discusses this. They had slavery and servitude there, and sold some of them to us. Of course, the farce of an education system we now have has found it convenient to forget all of this.
Not to mention that 93% of black murders are a result of other black people killing them. What have the liberals done to improve any of this? What has Sharpton or Jesse Jackson done about any of that? How about Obama? Easier to just blame "whitey" and nondemocrats I guess.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote