The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #676
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Juries get it wrong all the time, as you well know. In my opinion, they got it wrong here, though I don't entirely blame them. Prosecution spent the whole case focusing on murder 2 instead of voluntary manslaughter, which was the more appropriate charge.

Neighborhood watch patrol and calling 9-11 to report suspicious activity is perfectly fine. Where he crossed the line was in following Martin after being told not to (yes, I know that wasn't "illegal" but it establishes Zimmerman's vigilante frame of mind) and then exiting his vehicle to continue that pursuit. No, that's decidedly not minding your own business.

No it doesn't

I know Charles Bronson's character was a vigilante, dumbass. My point is that Zimmerman (like many gun-toters) picture themselves as a Charles Bronson-esque figure, ready to thwart the bad guys where the cops fail (to quote Zimmerman: "these a-holes always get away with it"). And I'm saying it's a dangerous way of thinking, and this verdict gives justification for every nut who decides to take the law into their own hands.

No it doesn't good grief

Considering your entire M.O. is basically making **** up sans any facts, I find this pretty rich.My bad....six inch space?

Either way it's over.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #677
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Juries get it wrong all the time, as you well know. In my opinion, they got it wrong here, though I don't entirely blame them. Prosecution spent the whole case focusing on murder 2 instead of voluntary manslaughter, which was the more appropriate charge.
JFC ...... What part of "beyond a shadow of a doubt" do you not understand?

Please reach around and pull the wad of panties out of your ass and get over it. The man was judged innocent it's over ......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #678
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
And this is precisely why Zimmerman should have been convicted of voluntary manslaughter. The spirit of self-defense is that someone who is otherwise minding their own business has their life put at risk by an unprovoked individual. E.g. Zimmerman is out walking his dog and Martin attacks him out of the bushes. But Zimmerman wasn't minding his own business. He went looking for trouble and found it. That's not self-defense. There's nothing wrong with carrying a firearm for protection. There is a problem with untrained citizens thinking they're Charles Bronson in Death Wish and going after "suspicious" people, then ending up in scrapes like this and crying self-defense when it turns out they aren't Charles Bronson and the tables are turned on them. This verdict sends the message that this kind of brainless vigilante-ism is okay.
I see what you're saying. Problem is 'Stand your ground' law still applied to this case and was represented in jury instructions too. It's the law in Florida.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-15-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:05 AM   #679
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post
I wonder how long this excuse will be used.
How long do you think it should be used? How long would you think it would ordinarily take to overcome a centuries long process to destroy all opportunity, education, wealth, and self worth of an entire race of people? A couple of months?
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #680
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
How long do you think it should be used? How long would you think it would ordinarily take to overcome a centuries long process to destroy all opportunity, education, wealth, and self worth of an entire race of people? A couple of months?
Humm .... maybe ask the man in your Avatar .....
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #681
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Sounds like Trayvon was guilty of thought crime
The jury found that Trayvon was guilty of physically attacking Zimmerman.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #682
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

That's blatant racism.
I've always thought that cutthemdown had a very low opinion of black people, and that on some level he had some racial issues. But I never thought he was a racist. On some level I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, so the very few times that I debated with him on a race issue, I never labeled him as a racist.

Well, I never thought that until I read his post (pasted below). I had to read it a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly.

I am now convinced, the guy is a racist. After that comment, coupled with all of the comments that he has made about black people over the years, I'm now convinced. I'm actually embarrassed that it took me this long to lump him in that category. I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I never saw him make blatant racial comments. He always made those comments that would come right up against the racial line, but would just kind of fly under the racial radar. But what he said below, that black folks would have been better if we had been shipped out of here after white people couldn't own slaves anymore, and that white folks wouldn't have to deal with these racial issues that they created way back in the day if we weren't still here, ah hell naw, that's racist right there!

I don't care if he has black friends, or interacts in a normal manner with black people. Most, if not all, black people who knew this guy's views would not associate themselves with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If its been that bad for blacks in America since slavery ended then maybe they would have been better off all forced to Liberia like Lincoln actually wanted. Also would have been better for the White race also to now have to deal with it centuries later.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #683
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

A black male who could've been Trayvon Martin

https://www.facebook.com/alexandercf...00600518857296
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #684
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

If Zimmerman is smart, which I don't think he is, he moves to Peru where some of his mother's family still lives.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #685
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Dear George Zimmerman,

For the rest of your life you are now going to feel what its like to be a black man in America.

You will feel people stare at you. Judging you for what you think are unfair reasons. You will lose out on getting jobs for something you feel is outside of your control. You will believe yourself to be an upstanding citizen and wonder why people choose to not see that.

People will cross the street when they see you coming. They will call you hurtful names. It will drive you so insane some days that you'll want to scream at the top of your lungs. But you will have to wake up the next day, put on firm look and push through life.

I bet you never thought that by shooting a black male you'd end up inheriting all of his struggles.

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

Feel free to use this race-baiting card just add your picture and name .......

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #686
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I've always thought that cutthemdown had a very low opinion of black people, and that on some level he had some racial issues. But I never thought he was a racist. On some level I always gave him the benefit of the doubt, so the very few times that I debated with him on a race issue, I never labeled him as a racist.

Well, I never thought that until I read his post (pasted below). I had to read it a few times to make sure I was reading it correctly.

I am now convinced, the guy is a racist. After that comment, coupled with all of the comments that he has made about black people over the years, I'm now convinced. I'm actually embarrassed that it took me this long to lump him in that category. I guess I gave him the benefit of the doubt because I never saw him make blatant racial comments. He always made those comments that would come right up against the racial line, but would just kind of fly under the racial radar. But what he said below, that black folks would have been better if we had been shipped out of here after white people couldn't own slaves anymore, and that white folks wouldn't have to deal with these racial issues that they created way back in the day if we weren't still here, ah hell naw, that's racist right there!

I don't care if he has black friends, or interacts in a normal manner with black people. Most, if not all, black people who knew this guy's views would not associate themselves with him.

the racial radar. That is the problem. White people have to just sit back and take it or you're a racist. You have to listen to black and other races say what an oppresive race you are and just take it. If you disagree you are a racist. If you get sick of black people playing the race card and say maybe they should have went back to liberia in the late 1800's then you are a racist. Even when its a half white who does something infamous they focus on the white Jason. Is that racism?

Racism is about feeling your race is superior to another race. Racism is about hurting people of other races and trying to make sure they don't get the same rights as you under the law. I have never expressed those feelings because i don't believe them. Whites are not superior to blacks. A racist would not feel that way. Whatever the Mane is a joke the same way the real word is. If you say anything negative about blacks or don't go with the media flow you are a racist.

White people get blamed for a lot of crap but hey it's not racism. Calling Zimmerman the white latino was a joke. Anyway you can blame whitey huh jason?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #687
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If Zimmerman is smart, which I don't think he is, he moves to Peru where some of his mother's family still lives.
He will get security and go give speaches to groups who advocate being armed. Make a few million then go live in some big house that doesn't have bars on it.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #688
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
No, I was thinking asylum in Venezuela with Snowden would be the perfect choice.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #689
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
No, I was thinking asylum in Venezuela with Snowden would be the perfect choice.
Snowden is trying to do America a really big favor.

Zimmerman is a dummy and will hopefully fade into obscurity, I guess unless the NRA wants to pay him for touring the country like a trained monkey.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #690
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
the racial radar...
Naw. That was a blatantly racist statement.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #691
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Snowden is trying to do America a really big favor.

Zimmerman is a dummy and will hopefully fade into obscurity, I guess unless the NRA wants to pay him for touring the country like a trained monkey.
If I was Zimmerman I would cash in on ever opportunity to make a buck that was available and then say A.M.F. and belly up to bar with Baja and mucho senoritas.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #692
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This site is a joke and this will be my last post. Just leave it for liberals and race baiters.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #693
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
the racial radar. That is the problem. White people have to just sit back and take it or you're a racist. You have to listen to black and other races say what an oppresive race you are and just take it. If you disagree you are a racist. If you get sick of black people playing the race card and say maybe they should have went back to liberia in the late 1800's then you are a racist. Even when its a half white who does something infamous they focus on the white Jason. Is that racism?

Racism is about feeling your race is superior to another race. Racism is about hurting people of other races and trying to make sure they don't get the same rights as you under the law. I have never expressed those feelings because i don't believe them. Whites are not superior to blacks. A racist would not feel that way. Whatever the Mane is a joke the same way the real word is. If you say anything negative about blacks or don't go with the media flow you are a racist.

White people get blamed for a lot of crap but hey it's not racism. Calling Zimmerman the white latino was a joke. Anyway you can blame whitey huh jason?
At this point I really don't care how you define racism. I think you're a racist. On my end, end of story.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #694
Bronco Yoda

People need to stop confusing legal law with moral law. As horrible and tragic this was...This was about as close to an open and shut case of self defense\'stand your ground' as you get UNDER THE LAW.

Now I know that this judgement doesn't square with most peoples ethics. I have a problem with it as well.

But the law is the law. If you don't like the laws then try and change them.... don't mischaracterize a self defense case into a racist event or bend it into some sort of social civil rights commentary. That just cheapens real racism and the civil rights movement for which I believe in.

For the people that say that this jury made the wrong judgement , what you're really saying is forget the law.... ignore the law.... become juror vigilantes.

So think about that. You're asking these six jurors to become what you're accusing GZ of being.

Just a thought

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-15-2013 at 01:16 PM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #695
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Dear George Zimmerman,

Enjoy your "freedom."

Sincerely,

Barak Obama disagrees.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #696
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
People need to stop confusing legal law with moral law. This was about as close to an open and shut case of self defense\'stand your ground' under the LA as you get UNDER THE LAW.

Now I know that this judgement doesn't square with most peoples ethics. I have a problem with it as well. But the law is the law. If you don't like the laws then try and change them.... don't mischaracterize a self defense case into a racist event or bend it into some sort of social civil rights commentary.

For the people that say that this jury made the wrong judgement , what you're really saying is forget the law.... ignore the law.... become juror vigilantes.

So think about that. You're asking these six jurors to become what you're accusing GZ of being.

Just a thought
That's what I've been saying all along. Judge the case on its merits. It should never have been brought to trial. Due to political pressure, it was. And they had to fire a thirty year police chief to do that. There's your travesty of justice. The chief was right about the case all along. If you don't like the law, change it.

And now people are crying out for the Federal Government to file a civil rights case, even though this case will never meet that standard. In other words, **** the law. Rule by emotion.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #697
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

The Prosecution failed this when they went for second degree murder. If they pursued manslaughter from the beginning they probably would have got a conviction. Legal experts were saying Zimmerman was likely to walk based on the evidence, the case and legal precedent.

I still think Trayvon was a punk, but I don't think he deserved to die. I wouldn't have shot a teenager even if he was beating me in the face in the chest if I could have helped it. But then I also wouldn't be running around at night with a gun chasing kids playing kick the can or whatever.

I don't know or care if this was a racially motivated crime. I don't think it matters because whether your son dies to a racist or just some vigilante trying to play cop, you still lost your son forever. I don't think Trayvon was a good kid. And jumping some dude because he's following you isn't a wise decision. But again, that doesn't mean he deserved to die. The prosecution fell to public pressure to really go after Zimmerman. If they had gone with manslaughter from the beginning, they probably would have got a conviction. I think springing the manslaughter case at the end of the trial made the whole thing muddy and looked like the prosecution was scrambling to win "something" and made them look weak.

I don't believe the jurors are racist.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #698
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
This site is a joke and this will be my last post. Just leave it for liberals and race baiters.
I understand completely where you're coming from. I haven't posted much and joined the site less than a year ago. The reason I haven't posted much is most threads seem to get to the political world, and if you have a pro-America view and view of Conservatives you are basically attacked.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #699
jerseyboiler120

For those of you believing that white people ruined every opportunity for blacks for centuries you need to stop spewing what the liberal media tells you. First and foremost, none of us lived in times of slavery or even in times when blacks could not go into certain places. The entire situation has been reversed. Ever try to get into a club late night if you're a white male? You're not part of the group the doorman is letting in. Are there not black tv channels? Black social groups? Black political groups? Yes there are, but somehow that is fine. If you started a white club you would be crucified.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #700
jerseyboiler120

Perhaps some of the liberals should direct their anger at the African tribal leaders who sold their people/slaves to whites. Yet somehow the media never discusses this. They had slavery and servitude there, and sold some of them to us. Of course, the farce of an education system we now have has found it convenient to forget all of this.