The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #626
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Reading comprehension. If the shoe fits...
Still didnt answer the question. My reading comprehension is well above average but youre welcome to your opinion, friend.

I think we are done here. I asked you about the topic and youre making it about me. Have fun with that.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #627
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Maybe if 12% of the population didn't commit 50% of all violent crime that 12% wouldn't get profiled.
FlaBroncosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #628
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post
Maybe if 12% of the population didn't commit 50% of all violent crime that 12% wouldn't get profiled.
What 12% is that?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #629
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Still didnt answer the question. My reading comprehension is well above average but youre welcome to your opinion, friend.

I think we are done here. I asked you about the topic and youre making it about me. Have fun with that.
I gave you an answer to your first question. And was very polite about it even though it was obvious you were throwing rocks. You simply didn't like the answer. But deflect all you want.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #630
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
What 12% is that?
Black population.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #631
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Actually, in New York at least, it's 75% of violent crime.

“About 70% to 75% of the people described as committing violent crimes — assault, robbery, shootings, grand larceny — are described as being African-American.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2Z4ioaEII
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #632
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If Obama sicks the justice dept on this and they file civil rights violations on Zimmerman then our govt has reached an all time low. Holy cow we had black on white beating where they shouted this is for Trayvon and they didn't being hate crime or civil rights charges. Its almost impossible to get black on white crime labled a hate crime or a civil rights crime. Even if they admit they hate white people or use slurs while committing the acts.

I told you all how long ago this case was a loser. What a waste of time. Had Obama never gotten involved, had the DOJ not went to FLA working behind the scenes to foment protest, this case would not have come to trial. Obama is a friggin joke and as he slides I noticed George W Bush approval rating climbing. Miss Dubya yet?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #633
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, in New York at least, it's 75% of violent crime.

“About 70% to 75% of the people described as committing violent crimes — assault, robbery, shootings, grand larceny — are described as being African-American.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2Z4ioaEII
Whats funny Rho is the justice dept when classifying crime by race lumps hispanics together with whites. Then we have media calling Zimmerman white hispanic. Is there like an effort to hide how much crime blacks commit? Hell yes there is.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:20 PM   #634
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If Obama sicks the justice dept on this and they file civil rights violations on Zimmerman then our govt has reached an all time low. Holy cow we had black on white beating where they shouted this is for Trayvon and they didn't being hate crime or civil rights charges. Its almost impossible to get black on white crime labled a hate crime or a civil rights crime. Even if they admit they hate white people or use slurs while committing the acts.

I told you all how long ago this case was a loser. What a waste of time. Had Obama never gotten involved, had the DOJ not went to FLA working behind the scenes to foment protest, this case would not have come to trial. Obama is a friggin joke and as he slides I noticed George W Bush approval rating climbing. Miss Dubya yet?
Obama never got involved. But being a complete moron you wouldn't know that.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #635
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

If the justice department really tries to call this a hate crime I will be flabbergasted. The case is over and Zimmerman won.

I am glad there was a trial - when the news first came out it was very easy for people like myself to feel that there was some sort of cover-up/lack of prosecution due to Trayvon's race/history. Once the facts got out there it became clear that there was definitely reasonable doubt and I agree with the jury verdict. I think it was important to have a trial to make sure that the facts did get out there particularly in a high profile incident like this.

I think that the case does expose the downside to concealed carry+stand your ground laws. I know the sordid history of why many of these laws were enacted, at the same time I think we need to reconsider the laws and perhaps start limiting them in certain ways.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #636
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Peace don't be mad because I proved how much more I know about the law then you.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #637
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
What is the profile of that 12%?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #638
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
If the justice department really tries to call this a hate crime I will be flabbergasted. The case is over and Zimmerman won.

I am glad there was a trial - when the news first came out it was very easy for people like myself to feel that there was some sort of cover-up/lack of prosecution due to Trayvon's race/history. Once the facts got out there it became clear that there was definitely reasonable doubt and I agree with the jury verdict. I think it was important to have a trial to make sure that the facts did get out there particularly in a high profile incident like this.

I think that the case does expose the downside to concealed carry+stand your ground laws. I know the sordid history of why many of these laws were enacted, at the same time I think we need to reconsider the laws and perhaps start limiting them in certain ways.

I agree. I don't see how us all being armed is going to turn out well. I am all for having loaded guns in your home, in your car, at your place of business. But on your person IMO only works when a small % of people are doing it.

I just don't see how being armed with firearms in public could be good if we all did it. When the shooting breaks out in the local mall there would be too much lead flying around IMO. I do think if something happens outside your house or car that you should have the right to exit armed. But not concealed. You should only do it if you see a legitmate reason the gun needs to be used. Someone being assaulted or killed, your property or even a neighbors property at risk.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #639
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
What is the profile of that 12%?
Young black males.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #640
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The hard working young black men with dreams are getting ****ed over by the thug culture of the black race. The culture where being street is respected is making it that much harder for them to rise out of it. Obama should focus on getting them out of the hood but food stamps and welfare is all he does for them. That and placate Al Sharptons when a race issue pops up.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #641
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
True --we were not there. so.....Look at the evidence! Or do you believe that Zimmerman beat himself up??!?!?! Besides a single gunshot wound to the chest, there were NO mainfestations of a physical confrontation with Zimmerman present on Martin's body. Trayvon was OBVIOUSLY the aggressor of Physical violence as evidenced by the condition of each person's body. The amount of damage on Zimmerman's body could constitute aggravated assault/battery.

1) "These people are always getting away"--RACIST? where's race being specified or are you a mind reader?

but do you want to know who did use racial epithets? Trayvon Martin :

2) The civil lawsuit against the HOA was already settled:

"Trayvon Martin’s parents have settled a wrongful death claim with the homeowners association of the Retreat at Twin Lakes, the Florida housing complex where their son was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

The undisclosed sum is believed to be more than $1 million, the Orlando Sentinel reported

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2Z3M32dDa
And as I said before, that is why Zimmerman needed a gun. He's no man. He couldn't fight back against an unarmed teen when he had around 40-60 pounds on him? The hospital personnel said his injuries were minimal. What had Martin done to have Zimmerman follow him and confront him? I don't view what Zimmerman says as evidence, apparently you do. And don't come back and say look at his injuries. They were in no way life threatening, not even near and he was the instigator.

Good for Martin's parents. I guess the civil lawsuit I heard about is one trying to be brought against Zimmerman.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #642
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Young black males.

50% OF ALL CRIME? YOU GOT PROOF OF THAT?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #643
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Quote:
50% OF ALL CRIME? YOU GOT PROOF OF THAT?
I never said all crime but the black population commits 50% of all murders and 55% of all robberies. It comes from the FBI UC reports. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile

Is that proof enough for you?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #644
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
I never said all crime but the black population commits 50% of all murders and 55% of all robberies. It comes from the FBI UC reports. http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile

Is that proof enough for you?
The site won't load for me.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #645
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Quote:
The site won't load for me.
I know it is shocking but unfortunately it is true.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #646
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post

And I definitely don't think neighborhood watch people should be armed. In fact, they should be barred from carrying weapons. They're supposed to be adjuncts to the police and simply report what they see. They're not trained to enforce the law. It's difficult enough to get properly trained police.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #647
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
I know it is shocking but unfortunately it is true.

How do you explain this?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #648
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

Quote:
How do you explain this?
I don't have an explanation or solution. The numbers don't lie.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #649
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
I don't have an explanation or solution. The numbers don't lie.
Those are amazing numbers. Has society failed this group of people or is there some cultural force driving this?
Old 07-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #650
FlaBroncosFan
Rookie

How would society fail this group?