The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #551
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Suppose Martin lived and Zimmerman died.

What are the odds that Martin would have been found not guilty?
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #552
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I totally didn't agree with 2nd degree murder. But one man has a gun, one doesn't? If, as some have said, the kid was going for the gun, that's still Zimmerman's fault. He should have been charged with something. There may be reasonable doubt about what actually happened but in the end the facts are that an unarmed kid is dead and an armed man is walking free.
Blame the prosecution. They overcharged from the start. This is what happens when the court process is controlled by political meddling.

BTW, I bet the prosecutor is going to get sanctions for some of the crap he pulled.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #553
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Suppose Martin lived and Zimmerman died.

What are the odds that Martin would have been found not guilty?
Show trial brought at the behest of race baiters wouldn't have happened if the situation was reversed. Al Sharpton doesn't care about white Hispanics.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #554
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Victory for community involvement and self defense. Sad that Trayvon died and Zimmerman will never be allowed to live a normal life because scum will forever threaten his life.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #555
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Show trial brought at the behest of race baiters wouldn't have happened if the situation was reversed. Al Sharpton doesn't care about white Hispanics.
You didn't answer my question. Would a black kid be found "not guilty" in the death of a white guy?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #556
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You didn't answer my question. Would a black kid be found "not guilty" in the death of a white guy?
Wouldn't have been a trial. Trumped up charge to begin with, so suck it.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #557
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeepers View Post
I Don't like the manipulation, but for what its worth, the US Govt considers white and hispanic one and the same.

My experience comes from lending and banking, HMDA questions lump hispanics with whites, however it also has a sub question about latino.
Actually that depends which agency you are talking about. I am characterized as a non-hispanic caucasian whenever I have to go across the border.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #558
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
I totally didn't agree with 2nd degree murder. But one man has a gun, one doesn't? If, as some have said, the kid was going for the gun, that's still Zimmerman's fault. He should have been charged with something. There may be reasonable doubt about what actually happened but in the end the facts are that an unarmed kid is dead and an armed man is walking free.
I never believed the whole reaching for the gun BS that the defense tried to us. Just because someone is reaching for the gun does not give a person the right to pull out the gun out of the holster and shot someone.

I will say that people seem to forget that being unarmed, doesn't mean you can not be lethal (e.g. boxers, MMA fighters, knives, bats, large rocks to the head, etc.). People can kill without a gun. I don't know if things really happen the way the defense said it did, but if it did and he was getting his ass stomped into the concert, then that sounds like a legit reason to pull the trigger.

EDIT: Damn, I got a whole lot of misspelling in this post. You know what I meant.

Last edited by HILife; 07-13-2013 at 07:58 PM..
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #559
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Wouldn't have been a trial. Trumped up charge to begin with, so suck it.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #560
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #561
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
I never believed the whole reaching for the gun BS that the defense tried to us. Just because someone is reaching for the gun does not give a person the right to pull out the gun out of the holster and shot someone.

I will say that people seem to forget that being unarmed, doesn't mean you can not be lethal (e.g. boxers, MMA fighters, knives, bats, large rocks to the head, etc.). People can kill without a gun. I don't know if things really happen the way the defense said it did, but if it did and he was getting his ass stomped into the concert, then that sounds like a legit reason to pull the trigger.
I will say 2 things for the self defense claim:

1. If you are getting beaten so hard you need to shoot to defend your life, you probably won't be able to pull out a gun and fire it with accuracy.

2. If all you have to show for a beating that was so dangerous is required you to shoot the other guy is a cut on your nose and some bumps and scratches then you weren't in any danger.

I don't know where he kept the holster, but I imagine it was a shoulder holster since he shouldn't have been able to reach a belt holster with someone sitting on top of him, but if you have your arms free to reach across your body, pull out a gun, disengage the safety, aim and pull the trigger then the person sitting on top of you is not a threat big enough that you need to kill him. I think anyone who has been in a fight would agree with that.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #562
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
This.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #563
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

1. If you are getting beaten so hard you need to shoot to defend your life, you probably won't be able to pull out a gun and fire it with accuracy.

2. If all you have to show for a beating that was so dangerous is required you to shoot the other guy is a cut on your nose and some bumps and scratches then you weren't in any danger.

I don't know where he kept the holster, but I imagine it was a shoulder holster since he shouldn't have been able to reach a belt holster with someone sitting on top of him, but if you have your arms free to reach across your body, pull out a gun, disengage the safety, aim and pull the trigger then the person sitting on top of you is not a threat big enough that you need to kill him. I think anyone who has been in a fight would agree with that.
I will say one thing about your post:
1. You obviously didn't follow the trial.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #564
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I commend the six women on this jury. They were very brave, ignored all the noise, and followed the law.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #565
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post

1. Really not hard to hit someone that is right on top of you. IF it really happened the way the defense says it did.

2. The law specifically states that you do not have to be injured, to believe your life is in mortal danger. For example, I'm not going to wait for someone to put a bullet in my leg or shoulder, before I pull the trigger. I want to get him, before he has a chance to get me.

I don't think he got off because of self-defense. I personally think it was because of reasonable doubt and that the prosecution didn't show that it was NOT justified.

I will also say that Trayvon Martin was racially profiled, and Zimmerman will always be a piece of **** for that. If he wasn't such a piece of ****, Trayvon would still be alive.

Last edited by HILife; 07-13-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #566
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

This country should seriously be embarrassed over this verdict.

Martin should not be dead right now. He did not create a situation that led to his death, Zimmerman did. That's why that guy should in jail.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #567
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

"All we want is a trial". You got it now quit crying.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #568
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'd racially profile black men cutting yards at night if a parade of them had robbed my neighborhood over the past year.

Justice was served. Both men made bad decisions that night, but as the law goes, you cannot assault someone for following you, and a person being attacked has the right to defend themselves.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #569
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
This country should seriously be embarrassed over this verdict.

Martin should not be dead right now. He did not create a situation that led to his death, Zimmerman did. That's why that guy should in jail.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #570
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
"All we want is a trial". You got it now quit crying.
stfu. Welcome to ignore.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:42 PM   #571
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILife View Post
stfu. Welcome to ignore.
**** you p***Y. Go cry some more.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #572
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
A just verdict. Case never should have been prosecuted.
I have no problem at all with the verdict BUT YOU are WRONG. He shot an unarmed man walking in the neighborhood.... How should he not have been prosecuted... He was found innocent and that is fine but considering the circumstances you cannot just look the other way and let him walk.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #573
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I have no problem at all with the verdict BUT YOU are WRONG. He shot an unarmed man walking in the neighborhood.... How should he not have been prosecuted... He was found innocent and that is fine but considering the circumstances you cannot just look the other way and let him walk.
Wow! The different versions I have heard of this case are amazing. The jury of six women got ALL of the evidence. The police, who didn't want to file the case in the first place, saw ALL of the evidence. Zimmerman is, no doubt, an unsavory character, but you make it sound like Martin was just walking down the street and Zimmerman drove up and shot him. That's not what happened at all.

This case seems to have really hit America's crazy button. Anne Coulter is celebrating the verdict with a "Hallelujah" and Al Sharpton calls it an "Atrocity." Everybody pre-judged, predetermined and passed their own verdict long before this thing made it to trial. Everybody used it to grind their own axe. Like I said, these were six, very brave women who came up with this verdict. They were surrounded by madness and still did their duty. They judged the evidence.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #574
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

After justice was served tonight, Mark O Mara absolutely let the press have it during his post verdict Q&A... I'll look for YouTube video of that mańana! FYI-- no justice no peace Shouting demonstrators in SAN FRANCISCO right now...
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #575
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

There must be some pure white guy, not a "white hispanic" on trial someplace the liberal media and Obama can interfere with and pressure and threaten for a guilty verdict. Oh, in Florida 3 black men killed a white woman. I wonder if this case will get 24/7 coverage. Yeah, right, it ruins the narrative, so pretend it isn't happening.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote