The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
You do realize that it may not lose Blue Book Value, but no-one is going to buy the car for more than 500-600k. Expensive car's like that simply do not re-sell. Not enough buyers, and the ppl who can afford them have enough money to just go new.
So no one will buy a 1.2 million dollar car, put 50 to 100k in a new paint job and sale the car for 1.2 again? Right Again just because YOU guys don't like the paint doesn't mean the value is gone from the car. At the very least he would have to spend some money to paint it back to the original color.

And you can't just go to a local dealer and buy a Bugatti. There are waiting list, and limited amount of those cars even made. So if you want one you have to buy what is available since only 291 of them where made and they stopped production if he wants to sale the care he isn't taking a 700K hit because of the paint. The McLaren F1 built in in 1997 is still being sold for 4 million dollars in a 2008 auction. $1.75 million more than its appraised value. That is what happens when rich people want a rare car.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #52
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You do know cars like that don't lose value right? Its not going to lose 700k because YOU don't like the paint job.
This honky likes the paint job.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #53
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
This honky likes the paint job.
I like everything but the rims. Those are bad, and because I don't like the rims it must be worth a ton less.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,401

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I like everything but the rims. Those are bad, and because I don't like the rims it must be worth a ton less.
I was speaking of me. I have no idea if you are a honky.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I was speaking of me. I have no idea if you are a honky.
I picked up what you meant.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

British Man Sells A McLaren F1 For A Record $5.5 Million

When it was new, the McLaren F1 would regularly sell for more than $1 million, making it one of the most expensive cars in the world.

And since there were a mere 65 built for the roads, that value would obviously increase over time. But now one has sold for a record setting $5.5 million. Jiminy jilickers!

The McLaren in question was sold by 29-year old Tom Hartley, a man that has been involved in the seedy underbelly of auto sales since he was 11-years old. He has sold hundreds of cars over the last 18 years, but considers the McLaren F1 his personal favorite.

McLarens go for a lot of money, but this sort of price is unprecedented. The previous record price was for an incredibly low mileage example that sold at auction for $4.1 million in 2008. Seems the market for these cars has really exploded.

At the $5.5 million price tag, expect to see this car on the roads precisely never. Oh well, we still have Rowan.

http://jalopnik.com/5958832/british-...ord-55-million

Keep telling yourself that his hard to get car will drop 700K in value because of the paint color. Super cars don't sale like regular cars.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #57
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?
 
orange skier's Avatar
 
Protect "The Neck"

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Above Tree Line
Posts: 206

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs
Default

What's the betting line on this dude going bust within 5 years........?
10 years is a lock........bet the ranch.......
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #58
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
You do know cars like that don't lose value right? Its not going to lose 700k because YOU don't like the paint job.
I know cars, and I know car freaks. I know people who value cars and have car collections. Cars like this are valued highly, you are absolutely right. But when you go to resell a car like this, people want it to be original. With a car this expensive and this exclusive, the more original, the better. This includes the original paint job. I guarantee you, the white paint job on the original was extremely expensive to begin with.

When it comes to the value of these types of vehicles, the more original the better. When you tamper with something, that is arguably, already a collectors item at purchase, then you are doing a great disservice to the car itself (your ego is saying 'I can do better than the people in France who hand built this vehicle') and its quite insulting.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #59
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
British Man Sells A McLaren F1 For A Record $5.5 Million

When it was new, the McLaren F1 would regularly sell for more than $1 million, making it one of the most expensive cars in the world.

And since there were a mere 65 built for the roads, that value would obviously increase over time. But now one has sold for a record setting $5.5 million. Jiminy jilickers!

The McLaren in question was sold by 29-year old Tom Hartley, a man that has been involved in the seedy underbelly of auto sales since he was 11-years old. He has sold hundreds of cars over the last 18 years, but considers the McLaren F1 his personal favorite.

McLarens go for a lot of money, but this sort of price is unprecedented. The previous record price was for an incredibly low mileage example that sold at auction for $4.1 million in 2008. Seems the market for these cars has really exploded.

At the $5.5 million price tag, expect to see this car on the roads precisely never. Oh well, we still have Rowan.

http://jalopnik.com/5958832/british-...ord-55-million

Keep telling yourself that his hard to get car will drop 700K in value because of the paint color. Super cars don't sale like regular cars.
Why is the car valued so much, because it's original, that's why it sold for so much money to another collector.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #60
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Why is the car valued so much, because it's original, that's why it sold for so much money from other collectors.
No its worth so much because its rare and they seldom come up for sale at high numbers. You could be waiting years for one to go up for sale. You really think they care about a color. Also cars that are owned by famous people tend to draw more buyers.

You are flat out wrong thinking he is the only rich person in the world that likes the color gold. That car didn't take a 700 k hit in value.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #61
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I know cars, and I know car freaks. I know people who value cars and have car collections. Cars like this are valued highly, you are absolutely right. But when you go to resell a car like this, people want it to be original. With a car this expensive and this exclusive, the more original, the better. This includes the original paint job. I guarantee you, the white paint job on the original was extremely expensive to begin with.

When it comes to the value of these types of vehicles, the more original the better. When you tamper with something, that is arguably, already a collectors item at purchase, then you are doing a great disservice to the car itself (your ego is saying 'I can do better than the people in France who hand built this vehicle') and its quite insulting.
. Seriously
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
. Seriously
I'm telling you the mindset of people who have the capacity to own cars like this. You believe what you want.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #63
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
No its worth so much because its rare and they seldom come up for sale at high numbers. You could be waiting years for one to go up for sale. You really think they care about a color. Also cars that are owned by famous people tend to draw more buyers.

You are flat out wrong thinking he is the only rich person in the world that likes the color gold. That car didn't take a 700 k hit in value.
You believe what you want. Like I said, I'm speaking from my own experience.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #64
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You believe what you want. Like I said, I'm speaking from my own experience.
Million dollar cars with production under 300 cars?

So did his insurance drop because the value of his car dropped

It's a wrap anyways. It's not even painted.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Million dollar cars with production under 300 cars?

So did his insurance drop because the value of his car dropped

It's a wrap anyways. It's not even painted.
If the gold can be removed and the original paint is still there, then no harm no foul.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM   #66
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer
 
broncs2bowl's Avatar
 
^Club of Death^

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,220

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

DBroncs4life is dumb
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #67
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

broncs2bowl is a sperm trap. Super cars are not like old muscle cars. That car is not worth 700K less now then it was before that wrap was placed on it. You would have to be a ****ing retard to believe that.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #68
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
You do realize that it may not lose Blue Book Value, but no-one is going to buy the car for more than 500-600k. Expensive car's like that simply do not re-sell. Not enough buyers, and the ppl who can afford them have enough money to just go new.
http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/bugatti/veyron

You get them to sale you one of those cars for 500K and I will suck your dick. If you get Flo Rida to sale you his car for 500K I will suck your dick. Let me know how that works out for you dumb ****.

FYI, in April of 2013 a 2006 Bugatti Veyron went for $924K after all the fees. You're right though no one is buying cars like that anymore.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-23-2013 at 12:03 AM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #69
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,848
Default


Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 06-23-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #70
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://www.jamesedition.com/cars/bugatti/veyron

You get them to sale you one of those cars for 500K and I will suck your dick. If you get Flo Rida to sale you his car for 500K I will suck your dick. Let me know how that works out for you dumb ****.

FYI, in April of 2013 a 2006 Bugatti Veyron went for $924K after all the fees. You're right though no one is buying cars like that anymore.



wow
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
He took a very nice, very fast, very expensive car and just destroyed it.
Agree, it looks like they wrapped it in a gold colored plastic wrap. Just awful looking... Even the Bugatti emblem on the front grill is skewed cock-eyed.

The new Bugatti Veyron Vitesse runs for $2.5 million with a 16 cylinder quad-turbo 1,200hp 1,100 Ft/lbs of torgue power house engine ... 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and 254mph top speed in convertible mode with the top removed.. Great car!

Speaking of cars, congrats to Audi for winning its 12th overall Le Mans 24 hour endurance race in 14 years this morning. Unheard of dominance in the most grueling balls to the walls race there is. It was Audi's 4th Le Mans victory in a row as well, the last two years with the awesome R-18 Etron Quattro Hybrid LMP1 race car.

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-23-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #72
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

The car looks like some hip-hop junk. That being said, he won't lose value on the car. In addition to its rarity, his celeb appeal with the hip-hop worshipping generation will more than overcome any potential deficit of the non-originality.

90% of people under the age of 30 would go after this car even if it was painted like a giant turd, simply because of the person who owns it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #73
DarkHorse
RPM Racer
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default

Can you please stop saying Sale when you need to use Sell?

Sorry to be a grammar nazi but that one is blatant......at least I thought it was.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #74
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Ill work harder to use words correctly when I'm drunk. I guess that means you are done suggesting that flo rida's car took a 700k hit with that wrap.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:56 AM   #75
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Would you say there is a 'plethora' of wanna-be slut models, jefe?

Hey now, that's my job.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Denver Broncos