The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1076
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
you can't fix stupid

we should keep blaming society and video games tho
hernandez will have plenty of time to play games in the slammer.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #1077
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
hernandez will have plenty of time to play games in the slammer.
what was his favorite game?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #1078
menonite
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
because it's the "adult" video games that the kids play that I'm referring to that are just, well, stupid.

I quit playing video games when I was about 25 years old, and I was excellent at some video games (like Gran Turismo, I killed at that game, I liked the car driving games, building my car, etc.). But it got old, fast. I out grew that crap.

If you are an adult and you spend an inordinate amount of time playing video games, you got issues. The video game industry now caters to mindless adults who play games with other mindless adults because, well, they are kind of a addicted to these games IMHO. It's not healthy. Add in the fact that little kids are playing these same games and it's just a pretty unfruitful way to spend time.


Exactly. Smart, mature adults spend all their time watching grown men playing a kids game on tv and then arguing about every trivial nuance of the game for several hours per day online.


p.s. It's a well known FACT that Hitler decided to invade Poland after a marathon session of Donkey Kong Country.

Last edited by menonite; 07-01-2013 at 06:19 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #1079
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
what was his favorite game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Exactly. Smart, mature adults spend all their time watching grown men playing a kids game on tv and then arguing about every trivial nuance of the game for several hours per day.


p.s. It's a well known FACT that Hitler decided to invade Poland after a marathon session of Donkey Kong Country.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1080
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,262

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post
Exactly. Smart, mature adults spend all their time watching grown men playing a kids game on tv and then arguing about every trivial nuance of the game for several hours per day online.


p.s. It's a well known FACT that Hitler decided to invade Poland after a marathon session of Donkey Kong Country.
I know there're are people here in the Mane who play a lot of video games, fine, good for you, great! My issue is that some of these games can be violent and while that's not a big deal when adults play the games, I think it can be a contributing factor to a child's propensity for violence at a younger age. Combined with tv, movies, etc and today's kids are exposed to a lot of violent, destructive images.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #1081
BroncoBuff
**************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,205

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

What are the odds on whether this thread title gets changed before or after Hernandez gets the death penalty?
BroncoBuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1082
colorado jones
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

[QUOTE=Tombstone RJ;
If you are an adult and you spend an inordinate amount of time playing video games, you got issues. The video game industry now caters to mindless adults who play games with other mindless adults because, well, they are kind of a addicted to these games IMHO. It's not healthy. Add in the fact that little kids are playing these same games and it's just a pretty unfruitful way to spend time.[/QUOTE]

Issues?
Unfruitful?

Like almost 20000 posts on the Orange Mane?
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #1083
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
hernandez will have plenty of time to play games in the slammer.
Yeah cause prison has like a endless supply of video games. If anything he has more time to practice murdering people.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #1084
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
That guy has been on my ignore list for most of those two years while he was slobbing over Tebow.
Well that explains it then.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #1085
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I like how it took two days to process AH because they needed to look for gang tattoos, yet TMZ with a zoom in of him being arrested could find one.
Well we're talking about Massachusetts law enforcement.....remember they had no idea the Boston Marathon bombers were terrorists when the local media found out they were by just looking at their Facebook pages.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1086
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
But Whitlock is right, we glorify the hood.
Well, because if you criticize those who glorify it, you're labelled a hater and racist.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1087
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoSojia View Post
Why?
Because they're you know....adults?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #1088
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
because it's the "adult" video games that the kids play that I'm referring to that are just, well, stupid.

I quit playing video games when I was about 25 years old, and I was excellent at some video games (like Gran Turismo, I killed at that game, I liked the car driving games, building my car, etc.). But it got old, fast. I out grew that crap.

If you are an adult and you spend an inordinate amount of time playing video games, you got issues. The video game industry now caters to mindless adults who play games with other mindless adults because, well, they are kind of a addicted to these games IMHO. It's not healthy. Add in the fact that little kids are playing these same games and it's just a pretty unfruitful way to spend time.
Exactly...go outside and do something with your kids!
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #1089
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
what was his favorite game?
I'm guessing it's "Poke me mon" now.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #1090
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menonite View Post

p.s. It's a well known FACT that Hitler decided to invade Poland after a marathon session of Donkey Kong Country.
Well his favorite movie was "King Kong".....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #1091
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
Issues?
Unfruitful?

Like almost 20000 posts on the Orange Mane?
since 2002? That's less than 5 posts a day....that's actually not a lot of time on here considering we got clowns on here since 2011 who have almost as many posts if not more.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1092
colorado jones
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
since 2002? That's less than 5 posts a day....that's actually not a lot of time on here considering we got clowns on here since 2011 who have almost as many posts if not more.
The point being everyone has their outlet...why are videogames worse than arguing with total strangers online?
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #1093
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because they're you know....adults?
And? Care to expand on that, elmer fudd?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #1094
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Because they're you know....adults?
AH was an adult.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #1095
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
The point being everyone has their outlet...why are videogames worse than arguing with total strangers online?

I know what your point was...and video games aren't harmful either. I agree it's an escape. Just pointing out that posting about 5 times a day on here shows more discipline to moderate one's worthless activity than someone sitting on a couch trying to get to level 85.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1096
colorado jones
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 779

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I know what your point was...and video games aren't harmful either. I agree it's an escape. Just pointing out that posting about 5 times a day on here shows more discipline to moderate one's worthless activity than someone sitting on a couch trying to get to level 85.
I haven't been level 85 in years.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #1097
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd rather have players sitting at home trying to get to level 85 than hangin in the strip club past midnight holding bottles of spades.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1098
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I'd rather have players sitting at home trying to get to level 85 than hangin in the strip club past midnight holding bottles of spades.
I'm sure in 15 or so years AH's kid will be saying, man I wish my dad was one of those losers that sat around and played video games.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #1099
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
And? Care to expand on that, elmer fudd?
Hey if you wanna sit on your fat ass playing Call of Duty or Word of Warcraft all day feel free ... if your mom doesn't care when you'll move outta her basement, why would I?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #1100
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
AH was an adult.
....who played video games.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Denver Broncos