The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #951
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Too bad MA doesn't have the death penalty. Gonna suck for them keeping ole' Aaron on the gravy train for the next 60 years of his life when they could just wack him in two and be done with it.
It's cheaper than the death penalty and prison is no gravy train.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #952
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I think he simply fulfilled his destiny. He never left the gangs behind, regardless the location of location of his domicile. It appears that luck has been on his side for a long time. Until last week.
From most reports, he was never in gangs. He came from a middle-class to well off family. He was a wangster from the get-go. Even watching him in court, he still has the wanna-be gangster look going on, from the way he's looking around to his chin arrogantly pointed up. What a loser.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #953
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
It's cheaper than the death penalty and prison is no gravy train.
I didn't know a pistol and a bullet cost so much. Rope and a sturdy tree would work too.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #954
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I didn't know a pistol and a bullet cost so much. Rope and a sturdy tree would work too.
No but the entire appeals process does.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #955
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I didn't know a pistol and a bullet cost so much. Rope and a sturdy tree would work too.
I don't know from what time you just woke up from but, its 2013.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #956
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 14,264

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I don't know from what time you just woke up from but, its 2013.
Yeah, well that's the problem with the US now a'days. Justice isn't hard. If the crime was good enough for their victim, probably should be fine for them as well. The fact that society has shrunken so small and soft to see that shows exactly how far we've fallen. Sometimes you have to cut losses and move on. Aaron Hernadez, upon conviction, would be a perfect example of that. Unfortunately he's going to sit in a nice comfy room, with books to read, television to watch, 3 square meals a day. He'll be allowed activities and visitors and all this other BS he's stolen from other people.

Should throw the switch after he's convicted and be done with it.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #957
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
Wut

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,153

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
3:56 PM - 27 Jun 2013

3,724 Retweets 263 favorites
That's game. Millions of dollars and set up for life. All gone. Still amazes me how this happens.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #958
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,424

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
3:56 PM - 27 Jun 2013

3,724 Retweets 263 favorites
You know cops are checking out all crimes that went undetected and match it with his car rental record. Obviously, detectives were doing this with the July, 2012 account.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #959
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This story has officially detoured straight into crazyland.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #960
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 56,054

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
I think he simply fulfilled his destiny. He never left the gangs behind, regardless the location of location of his domicile. It appears that luck has been on his side for a long time. Until last week.
Here's the part that I just find utterly amazing. A guy like Hernandez could live below his means, say on $1 or $2 million per year (an extremely comfortable life) and retire from the NFL with, let's say, $30 million in the bank. Let's say he invests that money in blue chip stocks that are high dividend payers and conservatively, he gets 5% per year. That would mean he could spend the rest of his life living on a beach in the Bahamas with a cool $1.5 million rolling in every year, and he doesn't even touch the capital. In the years he chooses not to spend that much, he can roll it back in and get more back per annum.

The stupidity of some of these guys is incomprehensible to me.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #961
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,206

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Why would they want kFc's garbage?
This late in the offseason there isn't really anything available. And at calling Moeaki garbage.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #962
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I hate all the talk that he came from bad influences, and he needed to leave them behind.

He was the bad influence. He's the bad guy. Own it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #963
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Boston PD has located red SUV with RI plates it was looking for as identified in July 2012 homicide. Aaron Hernandez rented it.
3:56 PM - 27 Jun 2013

3,724 Retweets 263 favorites
...
You don't suppose these criminal geniuses would have used the same weapon in both cases? 'cause, you know, bullet comparisons and all that.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #964
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I hate all the talk that he came from bad influences, and he needed to leave them behind.

He was the bad influence. He's the bad guy. Own it.
Indeed. I'm actually starting to wonder if the guy isn't a full on psychopath based on the stuff that is coming out. I mean it's hard not to think he might well be if you compare the picture that is being painted of the guy with this test for psychopathy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #965
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,917
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Here's the part that I just find utterly amazing. A guy like Hernandez could live below his means, say on $1 or $2 million per year (an extremely comfortable life) and retire from the NFL with, let's say, $30 million in the bank. Let's say he invests that money in blue chip stocks that are high dividend payers and conservatively, he gets 5% per year. That would mean he could spend the rest of his life living on a beach in the Bahamas with a cool $1.5 million rolling in every year, and he doesn't even touch the capital. In the years he chooses not to spend that much, he can roll it back in and get more back per annum.

The stupidity of some of these guys is incomprehensible to me.

Your logic is impeccable, and I couldn't agree more.

When some dude steps on your shoes at the club, though, what choice do you have but to kill him?
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #966
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?
 
orange skier's Avatar
 
Protect "The Neck"

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Above Tree Line
Posts: 214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs
Default

Utter disrespect for human life. How does someone go about acquiring that trait....or is it genetic? Lovely, just lovely.
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #967
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange skier View Post
Utter disrespect for human life. How does someone go about acquiring that trait....or is it genetic? Lovely, just lovely.

Its a trait we all have. A tribal thing. "Ours" we care about. "Theirs" we could give two ****s about. Us/them. However you want to describe it.

Unfortunately for Mr Hernandez/Bubba's Bouncing Betty his us/them is sending his dumbass to prison.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #968
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Here's the part that I just find utterly amazing. A guy like Hernandez could live below his means, say on $1 or $2 million per year (an extremely comfortable life) and retire from the NFL with, let's say, $30 million in the bank. Let's say he invests that money in blue chip stocks that are high dividend payers and conservatively, he gets 5% per year. That would mean he could spend the rest of his life living on a beach in the Bahamas with a cool $1.5 million rolling in every year, and he doesn't even touch the capital. In the years he chooses not to spend that much, he can roll it back in and get more back per annum.

The stupidity of some of these guys is incomprehensible to me.

You think he knows what a blue chip stock is?

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #969
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Indeed. I'm actually starting to wonder if the guy isn't a full on psychopath based on the stuff that is coming out. I mean it's hard not to think he might well be if you compare the picture that is being painted of the guy with this test for psychopathy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hare_Psychopathy_Checklist
I think people do what they want to do, pretty much all the time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #970
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,424

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange skier View Post
Utter disrespect for human life. How does someone go about acquiring that trait....or is it genetic? Lovely, just lovely.
yet he will still have his fiance (who probably will cover up for him) and then have a **** load of girls wanting to marry him while he is in jail. I wonder if that is a learned trait because I have a hard time seeing it as genetic.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #971
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 15,120
Default

Hernandez fantasy owners respond:

Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #972
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I don't understand what the **** those morons are saying...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #973
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,424

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I don't understand what the **** those morons are saying...
Sure wasn't "Guilty".
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #974
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I think people do what they want to do, pretty much all the time.
Really? If that were true managers and supervisors throughout the world would be getting murdered by the thousands every day by underlings that hate their guts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #975
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Hernandez fantasy owners respond:


Cheering a suspected murderer...what the **** man.


Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Denver Broncos