The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #901
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
So the justice system will treat you kinder if you are a great football player as opposed to an OK one.?

BTW OJ was also a two bit punk who butchered his wife and and another person.
Absolutely. OJ wasn't a punk until after he became a murderer. Actually, OJ was a very respected athlete/actor. Hernandez just broke into the league. He needed a couple super-star seasons to get acquitted.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #902
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez as a possible suspect in a double murder that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.

According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.

The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.

Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.

The source said that investigators were looking into Aaron Hernandez's connection to the killing.

On Wednesday, Hernandez was charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, of Dorchester.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227...#ixzz2XQXxcY1R
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #903
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I wanted to puke hearing the pats getting praised for just cutting him. Kraft has a standard blah blah blah. The story should be Patriot arrogance led them to draft a player other teams said holy cow is this kid a gangmember. He has questionable tattoos? I heard a rumor he has BLOOD on his hand? Tattooed? Instead ESPN kisses their ass and praises them for making the hard decision.

hard decision? he shot someone a bunch of times and was never ever going to play again no matter what. Give me a break this could not happen to a more deserving team.
Yea, it seems the Patriots turned a blind eye and are now being praised. If his teammates had concerns, the Pats had to know something was wrong -

"But Tuesday when I asked the former New England Patriot star tackle about his old teammate - tight end Aaron Hernandez - his easy smile quickly vanished and he went silent for several seconds as he decided what, if anything, he would say.

“I never talk about other guys, but I will say I have never embraced - never believed in - anything Aaron Hernandez stood for,” Light finally said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs..._never_b.html/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #904
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No, but he's one of the world's most reknown forensic scientists who has worked many many homicides in his time. I'm not saying OJ is innocent, just saying that his book gave an explanation as to why someone might have had reasonable doubt when exposed to the forensic evidence that many of us were not exposed to.

DNA (in this case blood) is a good thing to have in a case....however when that DNA (blood) has much more EDTA (keeps blood from coagulating) in it than normal, it suggests that the DNA could have been planted...

Also, for almost 20 minutes while Lange was interviewing Kato Kaelin, and Van Atter was interviewing Arnell Simpson Mark Furhmann's whereabouts at OJ's house were unknown.

Add in the blood evidence on the pair of socks showed evidence that it was placed there and pressed as all four sides of the sock had the same pattern...etc.

Read the book and you'll see the rest......
I knew the forensics in the OJ case would fail the moment I saw a uniformed cop standing next to his white Bronco with a cup of coffee on the hood. That was the first day they went to his house, and here's a cop using the hood of OJ's vehicle to set his Winchell's coffee on. Christ.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #905
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I knew the forensics in the OJ case would fail the moment I saw a uniformed cop standing next to his white Bronco with a cup of coffee on the hood. That was the first day they went to his house, and here's a cop using the hood of OJ's vehicle to set his Winchell's coffee on. Christ.
The OJ case proved one very scary thing IMHO: the LAPD are a bunch of clowns.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #906
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Johnny Cochran got OJ off by making OJ the side show and proving the incompetence of the LAPD. "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit" was another brilliant move by Cochran. Of course the glove won't fit OJ's hand, it was soaked in blood, it was leather and it shrunk. The glove wasn't gonna fit a woman's hand let alone OJ's hand.

The judge was a joke too. Add in a jury who didn't trust the LAPD to begin with and this is why OJ walked. It was a failure of the justice system and a good lawyer who knew how to take advantage of the prosecution's incompetence.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #907
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Well they do have Jake Ballard, the TE who did a good job a couple years ago with the NYG.

I expect them to be on the phone with Andy Reid in the near future inquiring about Tony Moeaki.
Why would they want kFc's garbage?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #908
Drunken.Broncoholic

The patriots release Hernandez and tell the public they cannot be associated with a player that killed a person. So I guess killing a person by driving drunk(stallworth) is perfectly acceptable.

Entire organization is a joke.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #909
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Well they do have Jake Ballard, the TE who did a good job a couple years ago with the NYG.

I expect them to be on the phone with Andy Reid in the near future inquiring about Tony Moeaki.
Figuring the Chiefs have already been eliminated for the playoffs in the 2013 season, I would think Chiefs would embrace it and then screw up the draft pick.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #910
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Why would they want kFc's garbage?
For two years on this board he has told us how good Moeaki was and how he was missed when hurt. Now KC doesn't need him. Also Daniel Fells would be more productive then Moeaki would be for the Pats.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #911
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
...it seems the Patriots turned a blind eye and are now being praised.
I agree they shouldn't necessarily be "praised" for releasing Hernandez. But at the same time I don't think it's fair to condemn them for "turning a blind eye". If they had any reason to discipline him before I'm sure they would have. Until that point I'm not sure what you'd have them do. Cut him for being an a-hole? I'm sure every team has their fair share of them to some extent.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #912
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Aaron Hernandez - TE - Free Agent

Sources tell FOX 25 Boston that investigators consider Aaron Hernandez a possible suspect in a 2012 double murder that occurred in Boston.
On July 16 of last year, police responded to an intersection in downtown Boston. They found three men had been shot while stopped at a traffic light -- two of them fatally. The deceased were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu, and they had reportedly just left a bar. Hernandez reportedly was involved in a nightclub altercation earlier that night. Witnesses said a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire and then fled. The investigation is ongoing. Meanwhile, Hernandez was charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd on Wednesday and is facing a civil suit for shooting a man in the face in Florida in February. He'll be in court Thursday afternoon for a bail hearing.

I think Boston is safer with this guy behind bars.

For those keeping count he is rumored to have shot 6 people now. A couple in college, the dude in the face, Llyod, and now these two.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #913
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The only thing I know about Moeaki is Joe Mays of all people laid him out.

TWICE!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #914
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Absolutely. OJ wasn't a punk until after he became a murderer. Actually, OJ was a very respected athlete/actor. Hernandez just broke into the league. He needed a couple super-star seasons to get acquitted.
Hernandez is going to need a Latino jury to escape like OJ did.

If he murdered the guy in Arizona or Miami he might have a chance, but he's in Mass, haha
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #915
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Hernandez is going to need a Latino jury to escape like OJ did.

If he murdered the guy in Arizona or Miami he might have a chance, but he's in Mass, haha
I think a jury of Gators fans would do the trick as well.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #916
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez as a possible suspect in a double murder that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.

According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.

The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.

Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.

The source said that investigators were looking into Aaron Hernandez's connection to the killing.

On Wednesday, Hernandez was charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, of Dorchester.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227...#ixzz2XQXxcY1R
If he was involved in this it would make the killing of Taylor more understandable, from Hernanez perspective. He got away with it once (or who knows) and he's invincible.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #917
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Wonder if Odin knew about the two murders and was going to blow the lid on Hernandez? Provides motive for this execution style murder.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #918
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Wonder if Odin knew about the two murders and was going to blow the lid on Hernandez? Provides motive for this execution style murder.
That might make sense, except for why would he go anywhere with AH if that were the case.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #919
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

What's creepy is that at 3:00AM, after he had been in the car for about an hour, and about 20 minutes before he was killed.......he texted his sister to say, "Do you know who I'm with?"....."NFL"....."just so you know."

It seems as if because of the escalating argument in the car, he was getting worried for his safety, and wanted to be sure that if something happened to him, that someone knew who he was with.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #920
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...double-murder/

Globe: Lloyd’s death could be tied to July 12 double murder

Posted by Mike Florio on June 27, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT

Odin LloydAP
More and more media outlets have confirmed the jaw-dropping news from FOX 25 that police are investigating Aaron Hernandez in connection with a July 2012 double murder that occurred in Boston.

The latest detail from the Boston Globe will make jaws drop even farther. According to Maria Cramer of the Globe, an unnamed law-enforcement official has said there’s a possible link between the crimes.

“The motive [for killing Odin Lloyd] might have been that [Lloyd] knew [Hernandez] might have been involved” in the July 2012 homicides, the unnamed law-enforcement official told Cramer.

If true, this would help explain why Hernandez allegedly was upset with Lloyd for something he had said to others on Friday, July 14. As prosecutor Bill McCauley explained it in court on Wednesday, “The victim had spoken to a couple of people and the defendant told him he was upset about that because he had essentially troubles with those people.”

While McCauley didn’t elaborate, it doesn’t require a huge leap in logic to wonder whether Lloyd had given a friendly warning to the people with whom Hernandez had “troubles” regarding the way Hernandez had dealt with other people with whom he had “troubles” in the past. Though we’re speculating, the motive to kill Lloyd surely came from something that gave Hernandez serious concern. Concern doesn’t get much more serious than Hernandez fearing Lloyd would say something that would result in Hernandez being arrested or prosecuted for the July 2012 murders.

If, at is appears, at least one or both of the other two men who were in the car with Hernandez and Lloyd on the night of Lloyd’s death have cooperated with police, it’s possible that one or both of the other two men told the authorities about the events of July 16, 2012.

Regardless of how this all plays out, look for Hernandez’s lawyer to complain at today’s bail hearing about the apparent violation of the gag order that the presiding judge imposed on Wednesday. It’s hardly a coincidence that news of the other investigation has emerged the day after Hernandez was charged with killing Lloyd. To the extent the unsolved murders of July 2012 enhance the motive for killing Lloyd, the leak hurts Hernandez even more in the court of public opinion.

Please keep in mind that Hernandez has not been charged with any other crimes beyond the events surrounding the death of Odin Lloyd.

Last edited by 55CrushEm; 06-27-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #921
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:

Why would the Chiefs trade Moeaki? It's not like they're stacked at TE.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #922
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
The patriots release Hernandez and tell the public they cannot be associated with a player that killed a person. So I guess killing a person by driving drunk(stallworth) is perfectly acceptable.

Entire organization is a joke.
He flashed his brights man... He flashed his brights...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #923
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am not condoning anything Hernandez has done. but i have to ask the question. with the amount of money he had, if he was so pissed off at this guy or the drive by people, why not spend some of that money and have it done discreetly?

i'm not condoning murder, just bringing up that for someone with his means, there was a smarter way to do it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #924
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am not condoning anything Hernandez has done. but i have to ask the question. with the amount of money he had, if he was so pissed off at this guy or the drive by people, why not spend some of that money and have it done discreetly?

i'm not condoning murder, just bringing up that for someone with his means, there was a smarter way to do it.
Kaylore said it.......they want the street cred. It's all about being a bad ass. They want the bad ass reputation.

Idiots and thugs.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #925
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
What's creepy is that at 3:00AM, after he had been in the car for about an hour, and about 20 minutes before he was killed.......he texted his sister to say, "Do you know who I'm with?"....."NFL"....."just so you know."

It seems as if because of the escalating argument in the car, he was getting worried for his safety, and wanted to be sure that if something happened to him, that someone knew who he was with.
I read somewhere (and this may have just been reporter assumption) that the text came at the same time the rental car pulled into the industrial park. He had to know by this point he was in serious trouble. While it didnt save his life it is pretty quick thinking to send that 3 message series in light of what transpired immediately after.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote