The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #601
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,324

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Trivia question:

What do all of these players have in common?

Roberts Sands, Rolando McClain, Chris Rainey, Andre Smith, Jay Ratliff, Leroy Hill, Michael Boley, Da’Quan Bowers, Al Netter, Desmond Bryant, J’Marcus Webb, Javarris James, Quinton Carter, Cody Grimm, Evan Rodriguez, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Bardon, Amari Spievey, Quentin Groves, William Moore, Ronnell Lewis, Cliff Harris, Claude Davis, Armonty Bryant, Daryl Washington, Titus Young, Corey MacIntyre, Jason Peters, Chad Johnson, Joe Morgan, Cody Grimm, Adam “Pacman” Jones and Aaron Hernandez.
they have never been in my kitchen.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #602
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,793
Default

damn, i did not see this coming. they broomed that mother like a one night stand in the morning.

who the **** is Brady gonna pass to now?
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #603
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 15,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPlayShay View Post
Making it arraign.

Oh snap
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #604
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 50,187

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
SEC??
Kids that went to college in the state of Florida?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #605
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They shouldn't IMO. If you sign a guy with red flags galore to a large guaranteed deal, you should have to live with the consequences of that decision...good or bad.
Patriot fans believe Goodell will swoop in and void the contract alleviating the 7.5 million cap hit

"Goodell does have such powers.

Goodell can nullify the contract and the cap hit.

Quote:
Benjamin Volin
13 minutes ago - 80 referrals
Seems to be a lot of gray area about whether Pats can get signing bonus back and cap relief. From NFL Constitution:
"Whenever the Commissioner, after notice and hearing, decides that an owner, shareholder, partner or holder of an interest in a member club, or any player, coach, officer, director, or employee thereof, or an officer, employee or official of the League has either violated the Constitution and Bylaws of the League or has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football, then the Commissioner shall have complete authority to:

B) Cancel any contract or agreement of such person with the League or with any member thereof"

"Goodell has the power to erase the cap charges"


http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...=66735&page=81

Why? Because they are the Patriots
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #606
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Kids that went to college in the state of Florida?
Quinton Carter was a Sooner.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #607
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Trivia question:

What do all of these players have in common?

Roberts Sands, Rolando McClain, Chris Rainey, Andre Smith, Jay Ratliff, Leroy Hill, Michael Boley, Da’Quan Bowers, Al Netter, Desmond Bryant, J’Marcus Webb, Javarris James, Quinton Carter, Cody Grimm, Evan Rodriguez, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Bardon, Amari Spievey, Quentin Groves, William Moore, Ronnell Lewis, Cliff Harris, Claude Davis, Armonty Bryant, Daryl Washington, Titus Young, Corey MacIntyre, Jason Peters, Chad Johnson, Joe Morgan, Cody Grimm, Adam “Pacman” Jones and Aaron Hernandez.
Hint: We can add Ausar Walcott (LB Browns) to the list.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #608
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 15,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Patriot fans believe Goodell will swoop in and void the contract alleviating the 7.5 million cap hit

"Goodell does have such powers.

Goodell can nullify the contract and the cap hit.

Quote:
Benjamin Volin
13 minutes ago - 80 referrals
Seems to be a lot of gray area about whether Pats can get signing bonus back and cap relief. From NFL Constitution:
"Whenever the Commissioner, after notice and hearing, decides that an owner, shareholder, partner or holder of an interest in a member club, or any player, coach, officer, director, or employee thereof, or an officer, employee or official of the League has either violated the Constitution and Bylaws of the League or has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football, then the Commissioner shall have complete authority to:

B) Cancel any contract or agreement of such person with the League or with any member thereof"

"Goodell has the power to erase the cap charges"


http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...=66735&page=81

Why? Because they are the Patriots
This will be some grade A bullshiat if that happens.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #609
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Players raised by their mothers only.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #610
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This will be some grade A bullshiat if that happens.
I don't see it happening. If it did other teams would be in line to get reimbursed on their bad contracts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #611
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Players charged during this NFL season
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #612
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Players charged during this NFL season
Close. NFL players arrested in 2013. McClain and Young twice each.

The year isn't even half over.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #613
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 65,993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Close. NFL players arrested in 2013. McClain and Young twice each.

The year isn't even half over.
McClain retired so he could more effectively pursue his prison career.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #614
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Hint: We can add Ausar Walcott (LB Browns) to the list.
players arrested this off season. though some got cut with the quickness right after.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #615
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Wow I didn't think the Pats would live that quick on him by cutting him. I was wrong on that and thought they would let court system play out first. Well as a high profile person to have them come get you out of bed before charges are filed says a lot. Usually in these cases they negotiate with your attorney so you can turn yourself in without causing a scene.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #616
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Technically, only 27 have been arrested since the offseason officially began.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-p...er-bowl-2013-6

Well on pace to break 2012's mark of 39.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2...photo=31257757

Last edited by Old Dude; 06-26-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #617
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 15,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Wow I didn't think the Pats would live that quick on him by cutting him. I was wrong on that and thought they would let court system play out first. Well as a high profile person to have them come get you out of bed before charges are filed says a lot. Usually in these cases they negotiate with your attorney so you can turn yourself in without causing a scene.
Perpwalk for the flight risk.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #618
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,230

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Close. NFL players arrested in 2013. McClain and Young twice each.

The year isn't even half over.
What is that like 30 NFL players arrested out of 3,000 players that are in the NFL? Makes it roughly 1 percent of the league. There's always going to be a percentage that doesn't listen and do whatever they want.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #619
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,545
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Patriot fans believe Goodell will swoop in and void the contract alleviating the 7.5 million cap hit

"Goodell does have such powers.

Goodell can nullify the contract and the cap hit.

Quote:
Benjamin Volin
13 minutes ago - 80 referrals
Seems to be a lot of gray area about whether Pats can get signing bonus back and cap relief. From NFL Constitution:
"Whenever the Commissioner, after notice and hearing, decides that an owner, shareholder, partner or holder of an interest in a member club, or any player, coach, officer, director, or employee thereof, or an officer, employee or official of the League has either violated the Constitution and Bylaws of the League or has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football, then the Commissioner shall have complete authority to:

B) Cancel any contract or agreement of such person with the League or with any member thereof"

"Goodell has the power to erase the cap charges"


http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...=66735&page=81

Why? Because they are the Patriots
Has there been any examples prior to this happening?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #620
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Not counting camp fodder, the average NFL salary in 2011 was 1.9 million.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #621
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 47,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Patriot fans believe Goodell will swoop in and void the contract alleviating the 7.5 million cap hit

"Goodell does have such powers.

Goodell can nullify the contract and the cap hit.

Quote:
Benjamin Volin
13 minutes ago - 80 referrals
Seems to be a lot of gray area about whether Pats can get signing bonus back and cap relief. From NFL Constitution:
"Whenever the Commissioner, after notice and hearing, decides that an owner, shareholder, partner or holder of an interest in a member club, or any player, coach, officer, director, or employee thereof, or an officer, employee or official of the League has either violated the Constitution and Bylaws of the League or has been or is guilty of conduct detrimental to the welfare of the League or professional football, then the Commissioner shall have complete authority to:

B) Cancel any contract or agreement of such person with the League or with any member thereof"

"Goodell has the power to erase the cap charges"


http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/sho...=66735&page=81

Why? Because they are the Patriots
If the NFL didn't let us erase D Will's contract after he was killed there is no way they should let the Pats eat a Killer (or Killers assistant) contract.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #622
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,260

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

The behavior of Elvis Dumervil and his agent was pretty detrimental to the welfare of the league IMO. Imagine what would happen to the league as a whole if more of those jokers played those kind of games every time a bonus was coming due.

Where's our cap relief?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #623
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
If the NFL didn't let us erase D Will's contract after he was killed there is no way they should let the Pats eat a Killer (or Killers assistant) contract.
Yeah, but they are on the east coast, so that changes the whole moral calculus.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #624
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Wow I didn't think the Pats would live that quick on him by cutting him. I was wrong on that and thought they would let court system play out first. Well as a high profile person to have them come get you out of bed before charges are filed says a lot. Usually in these cases they negotiate with your attorney so you can turn yourself in without causing a scene.
NESN has a source that says the Pats planned last week that if an arrest was made, he would be cut immediately.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #625
TheElusiveKyleOrton
Kicking & Screaming
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Hot Damn.

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Kids that went to college in the state of Florida?
Tru Johnson went to Montana.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Denver Broncos