The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #576
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

This is the worst offseason that I have seen an offense have withouth losing the starting QB. Pats have now lost 284 receptions for 3200 yrds and 19 touchdowns from the offense.

Hell they could outright stink this yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #577
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,552

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
This is the worst offseason that I have seen an offense have withouth losing the starting QB. Pats have now lost 284 receptions for 3200 yrds and 19 touchdowns from the offense.

Hell they could outright stink this yr.
Not a chance. As long as they have Brady, they'll be in the mix. Brady has ALWAYS had mediocre weapons.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #578
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 52,006

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Not a chance. As long as they have Brady, they'll be in the mix. Brady has ALWAYS had mediocre weapons.
There is a popular opinion in New England that the reason they won their super bowls was because Brady's weapons were all just above average and so he didn't have any favorites and the offense was harder to combat. The theory is once he got Moss and Welker he threw to them all the time and it was a security blanket. Rather than spreading the ball around he focused on them "too much."

This of course is total hogwash, but it makes them feel better.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #579
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Hernandez had the world by the ass.
A skill that he'll no doubt have the opportunity to explore in prison.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #580
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 66,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
A skill that he'll no doubt have the opportunity to explore in prison.
Rim shot! (so to speak).
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #581
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

This is my favorite thread of all time.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #582
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
There is a popular opinion in New England that the reason they won their super bowls was because Brady's weapons were all just above average and so he didn't have any favorites and the offense was harder to combat. The theory is once he got Moss and Welker he threw to them all the time and it was a security blanket. Rather than spreading the ball around he focused on them "too much."

This of course is total hogwash, but it makes them feel better.
Cheaters! Spy Gate!... Brady was not on the same level early on. It was the defense, special teams, and balanced running game that attributes to their success.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #583
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 15,810

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I hate the Pats amd Belli as much as the next Bronco fan.

Right is right and wrong is wrong...........

When the facts are known condemn the guy if guilty , until then people should STFU from convicting anyone until the facts are known.


Remember the ass clowns on Dumervil's gun deal ?

Case closed............


How would anyone of you like it your case if you were unfortunate enough to be involved in one was handled like this ?

Would you want everyone to jump to conclusions based upon so called leaks and speculation ?

Think about it.............
The one thing I've learned in my life is that 99% of "stuff" is opinion, the other 1% is fact. Most murder trials are speculation because the only two who generally know the facts aren't talking. Often all you have to go off of is logic and a guy who destroys an "eye witness", his security videos and his phone, it isn't far fetched to look at those as guilty activities. Look at the OJ and Casey Anthony situations. 12 jurors listening to speculation find him/her innocent. But damn dude, logic tells me those two are guilty as hell. I don't need for someone to tell me my "conclusions". I can come up with them by myself, just like a juror.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #584
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 15,810

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default

Oh my that look on his face as they are leading him out looks like the face of someone who didn't think he would get caught and now wants some HELP.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #585
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Mountains
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Pats will take a $7.5M+ cap charge in 2014......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...andez-in-2014/
You have to imagine they will do everything they can to recapture some of that guaranteed money and reduce the cap charge. I would imagine the league will cooperate with that as well.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #586
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Most murder trials are speculation because the only two who generally know the facts aren't talking.
"Can't" is more like it. It's not like the victim is making a choice not to talk.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #587
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 22,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
You have to imagine they will do everything they can to recapture some of that guaranteed money and reduce the cap charge. I would imagine the league will cooperate with that as well.
They shouldn't IMO. If you sign a guy with red flags galore to a large guaranteed deal, you should have to live with the consequences of that decision...good or bad.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #588
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They shouldn't IMO. If you sign a guy with red flags galore to a large guaranteed deal, you should have to live with the consequences of that decision...good or bad.
^This all the way.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #589
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Oh my that look on his face as they are leading him out looks like the face of someone who didn't think he would get caught and now wants some HELP.
.... and just then he gets a tweet saying he was released from his team. In a matter of seconds he went from a multi millionaire football player with a slew of friends and team mates to a 6 X 10 cell and nobody calling.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #590
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 11,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
You would think his attorney would have been able to negotiate him turning himself in at the station rather than being arrested/photo op'ed.
When I had seen this happened, this was my first thought as well.

Well, Denver's SB chances are increasing.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #591
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
You would think his attorney would have been able to negotiate him turning himself in at the station rather than being arrested/photo op'ed.
No doubt they thought he was a flee risk, no matter if his lawyer was involved or not. That, or they feared he would become violent based on his history.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #592
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Patriots won the early Superbowls because of a better running game and defense. Typical you can say that about a lot of Superbowl teams. It's not because he had Welker or Moss lol.

No way any team can lose what they did from last yr and not miss a beat. Brady ain't that good.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 AM   #593
BigPlayShay
Ring of Famer
 
BigPlayShay's Avatar
 
Novaking

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 4,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Got Cut
Default

Making it arraign.

BigPlayShay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #594
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 14,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Not a chance. As long as they have Brady, they'll be in the mix. Brady has ALWAYS had mediocre weapons.
there's a difference between having average weapons and having nothing at all. If Amendola has his annual injury, that cupboard is bare for Brady. Brady is good, but he isn't an Elway type that can carry a team on his own.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #595
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Patriots won the early Superbowls because of a better running game and defense. Typical you can say that about a lot of Superbowl teams. It's not because he had Welker or Moss lol.

No way any team can lose what they did from last yr and not miss a beat. Brady ain't that good.
Don't forget Vinaterri and the Special Teams!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #596
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

I wish Welker would troll BB via twitter.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #597
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Not to worry Josh will find a tackle eligible play that will revolutionize the game.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #598
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Miami may make it tough on them...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #599
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,694
Default

Trivia question:

What do all of these players have in common?

Roberts Sands, Rolando McClain, Chris Rainey, Andre Smith, Jay Ratliff, Leroy Hill, Michael Boley, Da’Quan Bowers, Al Netter, Desmond Bryant, J’Marcus Webb, Javarris James, Quinton Carter, Cody Grimm, Evan Rodriguez, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Bardon, Amari Spievey, Quentin Groves, William Moore, Ronnell Lewis, Cliff Harris, Claude Davis, Armonty Bryant, Daryl Washington, Titus Young, Corey MacIntyre, Jason Peters, Chad Johnson, Joe Morgan, Cody Grimm, Adam “Pacman” Jones and Aaron Hernandez.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #600
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 24,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Trivia question:

What do all of these players have in common?

Roberts Sands, Rolando McClain, Chris Rainey, Andre Smith, Jay Ratliff, Leroy Hill, Michael Boley, Da’Quan Bowers, Al Netter, Desmond Bryant, J’Marcus Webb, Javarris James, Quinton Carter, Cody Grimm, Evan Rodriguez, Trumaine Johnson, Brandon Bardon, Amari Spievey, Quentin Groves, William Moore, Ronnell Lewis, Cliff Harris, Claude Davis, Armonty Bryant, Daryl Washington, Titus Young, Corey MacIntyre, Jason Peters, Chad Johnson, Joe Morgan, Cody Grimm, Adam “Pacman” Jones and Aaron Hernandez.


SEC??
ludo21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:37 AM.


Denver Broncos