The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default Blitzing last night

Anyone break down the blitzes we threw at the Ravens especially in the 2nd half?

I saw a CB blitz, safety blitz's, zone blitz's, they sent different LB's frequently from different spots on the field.

It seemed to me to be more than usual.

Thoughts?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

You are correct, it was everything and the kitchen sink. Certainly, the Ravens dropped a few passes that hit them in the hands, but the real story of the blitz last night was our consistent ability to win one-on-one matchups in the secondary. DRC was tremendous, Carter was pretty good, Chris Harris was good as usual, and what do you say about Nacho - he has been the bright point of the defense so far (for me personally). I LOVE the way he flies around the field and makes plays.

Even Adams had a good night coming in later in the game to keep fresh wheels. It was great seeing several players step in and win their individual matchups.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #3
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Anyone break down the blitzes we threw at the Ravens especially in the 2nd half?

I saw a CB blitz, safety blitz's, zone blitz's, they sent different LB's frequently from different spots on the field.

It seemed to me to be more than usual.

Thoughts?
Its easier to get pressure on a team when you are up by 14 in the second half. I think that will have to be Denver's will have to rely on until Von gets back. Get up early and then blitz them into submission.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Del Rio did a good job bringing the Blitz at the right time, the players need to hide it better.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Its easier to get pressure on a team when you are up by 14 in the second half. I think that will have to be Denver's will have to rely on until Von gets back. Get up early and then blitz them into submission.
We have been up big before in games and I don't remember them blitzing like they did last night.

Plus a lot of those came when we were down at the start of the 3rd, I remember Harris going in for a CB Blitz.

I fast forwarded between plays through the 1st half because my daughter had a soccer game last night, I wasn't in the flow of the game doing that but I remembered seeing the LB's going in a lot early.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote