The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default Immigration Reform

Thoughts?

I am all for a path to citizenship it is NCESSARY, but i am not sure I like the de facto amnesty to this, and lack of border security.

I am back and forth on this issue..What does the WRP forum think?

(sorry if i missed a thread)
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

We need to secure the border first but the Senate has blocked that bill by a vote of 57 to 43. All this does is give the GOP the ability to stall the final passage of the bill passage.

Business as usual ...............
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

oh ouch... i thought it would get to the house then fail
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It'll pass the senate,the GOP can't afford to continue obstructing. The bill grassley pushed for on by border security was a poison pill. It would've created an unrealistic goal on closing the border,essentially nullifying the immigration bill by creating an absurd trigger which could never be realistically met.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Thoughts?

I am all for a path to citizenship it is NECESSARY, but i am not sure I like the de facto amnesty to this, and lack of border security.

I am back and forth on this issue..What does the WRP forum think?

(sorry if i missed a thread)
So for a pathway to citizenship,but at the same time you're against it cause it would be considered amnesty by some?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Citizenship no, legal status yes after securing the border or at least make a better effort to.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
nyuk nyuk

A path to citizenship is "necessary" Why not deportation, enforcement measures to encourage self-deportation, or work permits?

Keep feeding the hungry birds and expect to continue to be deluged with more. What we have now is a direct result of the 86 amnesty. We legalized 3 million then with some officials saying 1/3 of the applications were fraudulent. Less than 10 years later, we had a full-blown invasion and had about 7 million more new arrivals.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #8
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Citizenship no, legal status yes after securing the border or at least make a better effort to.
They claimed they were going to take care of that after the 86 amnesty and they also claimed no more amnesties. We're being had.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
So for a pathway to citizenship,but at the same time you're against it cause it would be considered amnesty by some?
It IS amnesty. Giving them ANYTHING is a form of amnesty.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
We need to secure the border first but the Senate has blocked that bill by a vote of 57 to 43. All this does is give the GOP the ability to stall the final passage of the bill passage.

Business as usual ...............
Good. This should be stalled and strangled in its cradle. It's a total SELLOUT of the American worker and they know it.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hey, politically speaking I would love for the GOP to kill immigration reform. Rethugs/conservatives wouldn't see the white house for a generation or so.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Hey, politically speaking I would love for the GOP to kill immigration reform. Rethugs/conservatives wouldn't see the white house for a generation or so.
So American voters want their jobs handed over permanently to illegal aliens who are already taking millions of American jobs, sucking the system dry, stealing identities, dealing drugs, leaving unpaid medical bills, and lowering overall blue collar wages.

Epic liberal effing genius.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Lol there are millions of american citizens stealing identities, dealing drugs,leaving unpaid medical bills. You're FOS as usual.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Diversity is scary.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I like to hire Mexicans to do work. Its fun to sit around on a sat drinking beer watching some guy clean your yard up. Its the closest thing to being a rich person you can get. I wonder what it would cost to hire a personal assist newly americanized mexican. Say like 3-4 hours a day. Hell I bet you could get it for 10 bucks an hour. Just make him/her clean, run errands, wash clothes, do the lawn, get car washed, pick up dog ****. Hell It would be like having a robot only its a mexican.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I wonder what is a better deal a mexican or a robot. Only the future will tell.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Lets face it they haven't made a robot that can weed your garden and mow your lawn that really works that well. We still need Mexicans.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

How come nobody ever mentions the Canadian illegal immigrants in the States?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #19
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
So American voters want their jobs handed over permanently to illegal aliens who are already taking millions of American jobs
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus. The jobs you need to worry about are those being "outsourced."
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #20
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus. The jobs you need to worry about are those being "outsourced."
Nyuk apparently didn't watch C-SPAN when the hearings were going on for this months ago.

The idea that Americans won't work many jobs that immigrants will is not a myth. There were witnesses upon witnesses stating that even when programs were put in place to specifically target US citizens as workers for certain jobs (picking apples was the first one I remember), time and time again the American workers would quit within a week, even at jobs that were paying $12. The work was "too hard."

Besides which, even if we implemented everything he's saying, prices would go through the roof due to lack of labor, and entire crops would die in the process. Not only would we see a huge lack of food production and out of control prices, all but the most hearty agro companies would go out of business.

It's an unfortunate fact that until you find people to replace those workers.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Is this your description of an illegal alien?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #22
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Nyuk apparently didn't watch C-SPAN when the hearings were going on for this months ago.

The idea that Americans won't work many jobs that immigrants will is not a myth. There were witnesses upon witnesses stating that even when programs were put in place to specifically target US citizens as workers for certain jobs (picking apples was the first one I remember), time and time again the American workers would quit within a week, even at jobs that were paying $12. The work was "too hard."

Besides which, even if we implemented everything he's saying, prices would go through the roof due to lack of labor, and entire crops would die in the process. Not only would we see a huge lack of food production and out of control prices, all but the most hearty agro companies would go out of business.

It's an unfortunate fact that until you find people to replace those workers.
I blame the labor unions. They've pussified the American worker.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I blame the labor unions. They've pussified the American worker.
Congratulations.

I blame Vishnu.

It doesn't matter who you blame, it's the fact that matters, and it's not changing.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #24
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Is this your description of an illegal alien?
Most illegal aliens know little if any English which, regardless of their level of education in Mexico, would make them uncompetitive with the average U.S. worker.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
If an illegal alien took your job, you probably have about a 4th grade education, no marketable skills whatsoever, and used to ride the short bus.
Yeah, totally. Why have jobs for those Americans?

That's why we have food stamps.