The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #76
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Pretty much...

And side note , Now that the original "best trilogy" Star Wars has been corpse raped I'm going to go ahead and proclaim The Dark Knight trilogy the new Trilogy world champ ...

And if someone says it's Lotr I will throat punch you and with the Hobbit it's 4 anyway I guess. I'm not a Lotr fan tho , it would have been a great movie if you removed the ring , and the dorks carrying it.

O well outie before I totally thread jack.

No but seriously, LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #77
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I have thought about opening a drive-in here in Cabo but I haven't because I don't want to contribute to teen pregnancy.
So you decided to build a roller coaster instead?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #78
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post

No but seriously, LOTR is the greatest trilogy ever.
I was just quoting this scene the other day when Lotr was on.

And it's not a trilogy anymore with Hobbit ...
But basically I agree with Randal's take on Lotr.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #79
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Star Wars was one, very good movie. The second one, Empire, was okay. Return of the Jedi sucked monkey nuts. And the second trilogy was laughably bad. Jar Jar Binks? And the Gungan king? The most embarrassing film creations of all time. Rastafarian sea monkeys.

LOTR was three uber-classics in a row. Bang. Bang Bang. Lucas is a pissant next to Peter Jackson.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #80
ol#7

Quote:
It's just not worth it to go to the theater anymore. The only time my girlfriend will go to the movies is if I pay $20+/ticket to go to the Cinepolis in La Jolla that has reclining lazy boys and servers who bring you average but incredibly expensive food and drink.

Who wants to go to a germ infested theater when they can wait a few months and torrent it at home? Home theaters have just gotten too good. The NFL is having almost the exact same problem.

Theater prices are simply too high. Once the theater going generation dies off, I truly think that most theaters will go the way of the newspaper.
You know, I have heard the NFL make this claim and I have to say, I think its B.S. and just an excuse to start charging the tv viewer. Places where people turn out, like Denver, there is still a waiting list for tickets. When has San Diego ever been known as a place that routinely fills the seats? There is a reason Jax didnt have a team, and the NFL never should have went into that market.

If anything, it would make operations cheaper, less need for larger stadiums, less staff, and more revenue from broadcasting.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #81
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I shouldn't complain because the office does a lot of work for Pacific Theaters, Arc Light Theaters, and Westfield malls we get tons of free movie passes. I haven't paid for a movie in about yrs and probably have given away 50 passes in the same time. But you have to wait until they have been out for awhile, but thats no biggie.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:58 AM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Star Wars was one, very good movie. The second one, Empire, was okay. Return of the Jedi sucked monkey nuts. And the second trilogy was laughably bad. Jar Jar Binks? And the Gungan king? The most embarrassing film creations of all time. Rastafarian sea monkeys.

LOTR was three uber-classics in a row. Bang. Bang Bang. Lucas is a pissant next to Peter Jackson.
Empire Strikes back was the best one.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #83
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

the movie I am looking forward to is Terminator 5. I mean who can't wait to see how they explain why they would make a robot look like a 70 yr old man.

Or hey what about After Earth? ummm the sequel is AFTER PUKE which is what you do when you see the movie. Umm a planet that freezes at night probably won't be a jungle. Just saying.

What burns me out is the movie that really needed a sequel, MASTER AND COMMANDER FAR SIDE OF THE WORLD never happened.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #84
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Love movies.
Love going to the movies even though I have a pretty sweet setup at home.
Love renting on netflix and redbox.
Love buying the ones I know I'm going to want to watch multiple times.

Don't care what the cost is for any of the above.

The movie industry loves people like me. The only thing I've gotten better about since high school is the need to see every big movie the day it comes out.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #85
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Makes sense. Have the theaters always had to make their money off concessions or is that a recent development? I remember reading somewhere that they don't make a cent off ticket prices.
It was definitely true in the '80s. The movie company would get somewhere between 50% (for a crap movie) to 90% (for a blockbuster, such as Return of the Jedi) of the ticket price. Each week, the chains would bid on what percentage they would pay on all of the new movies and whoever made the biggest bid got that movie. This happened on a regional basis, so that, for example, they'd be bidding for the entire Denver market and then a separate bidding battle for Colorado Springs, etc.

I assistant managed two theatres while in college and ran a drive-in one summer. While I was there, there was a scandal and arrests -- the bidders for the various chains had started working together and conspiring to keep their bids down to game the system, but got busted.

Anyway, the theatre's share of ticket prices wouldn't even pay the rent or the employees. The 70% profit margin on candy and roughly 95% profit margin on popcorn did that.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #86
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoLifer View Post
It was definitely true in the '80s. The movie company would get somewhere between 50% (for a crap movie) to 90% (for a blockbuster, such as Return of the Jedi) of the ticket price. Each week, the chains would bid on what percentage they would pay on all of the new movies and whoever made the biggest bid got that movie. This happened on a regional basis, so that, for example, they'd be bidding for the entire Denver market and then a separate bidding battle for Colorado Springs, etc.

I assistant managed two theatres while in college and ran a drive-in one summer. While I was there, there was a scandal and arrests -- the bidders for the various chains had started working together and conspiring to keep their bids down to game the system, but got busted.

Anyway, the theatre's share of ticket prices wouldn't even pay the rent or the employees. The 70% profit margin on candy and roughly 95% profit margin on popcorn did that.
greed corrupts yet another industry
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #87
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm fine with whatever they charge. Just download the movie and watch it at home for free. I know its stealing but i hate hollywood and their politics so i think its funny. In fact I think i will steal something and watch it friday night on my home theater.
Quite the interesting moral compass you have.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #88
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
I was just quoting this scene the other day when Lotr was on.

And it's not a trilogy anymore with Hobbit ...
But basically I agree with Randal's take on Lotr.
Me too. "Even the ****ing trees walked in that movie." /dies
Old 06-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #89
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Quite the interesting moral compass you have.
One time i watched a Denver Bronco game on an illegal stream. I'm totally out of control!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #91
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
One time i watched a Denver Bronco game on an illegal stream. I'm totally out of control!
One time vs "I just like to steal." Totally the same thing.

Your grasp of nuance is remarkable.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #92
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
One time vs "I just like to steal." Totally the same thing.

Your grasp of nuance is remarkable.

I've had this discussion with cut elsewhere. He has no qualms about stealing music and protected content in fact he is proud of it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #93
lolcopter

The blatant piracy on this forum is quite surprising. The free lunch doesn't last forever. This is a completely anecdotal statement, but I have coworkers whose family members received cease and desist letters with bills in the tens of thousands of dollars arena for pirating tv shows. Good luck, I guess. I don't even bother pirating anymore because the legit outlets to watch what I wanna watch are easily accessible and easily affordable (mostly HBO I guess haha).

And who the hell would even bother stealing music with Spotify/Pandora/YouTube providing any streaming you could want. Downloading and managing an mp3 library seems like a hassle.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #94
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
The blatant piracy on this forum is quite surprising. The free lunch doesn't last forever. This is a completely anecdotal statement, but I have coworkers whose family members received cease and desist letters with bills in the tens of thousands of dollars arena for pirating tv shows. Good luck, I guess. I don't even bother pirating anymore because the legit outlets to watch what I wanna watch are easily accessible and easily affordable (mostly HBO I guess haha).

And who the hell would even bother stealing music with Spotify/Pandora/YouTube providing any streaming you could want. Downloading and managing an mp3 library seems like a hassle.
I have friends that are yellow and green and blue.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #95
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I have friends that are yellow and green and blue.
some of mine cant swim
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #96
lolcopter

wat
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #97
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I pay for my HBO and Game Of Thrones. Wouldn't want that to go off the air early due to not making money.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #98
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like to pay $15 for a ticket to getting my chair kicked while people talk and text on bright phones in a sea of darkness. Can't wait to hear the struggles to open bags of candy! And the inevitable pop and scattering of said candy all over the floor, followed by giggling, and kids running up and down the aisles. Let's not forget the person who eats popcorn like he's a chamfering beaver.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #99
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
I like to pay $15 for a ticket to getting my chair kicked while people talk and text on bright phones in a sea of darkness. Can't wait to hear the struggles to open bags of candy! And the inevitable pop and scattering of said candy all over the floor, followed by giggling, and kids running up and down the aisles. Let's not forget the person who eats popcorn like he's a chamfering beaver.
Movies do suck I'm never going again.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #100
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I've had this discussion with cut elsewhere. He has no qualms about stealing music and protected content in fact he is proud of it.
I still say, pirating does not cost the company any sales from me, I just would not have anything I have that is pirated, I would simply wait until its on tv to watch it, or wait till its on the radio to listen to it. So they don't lose any sales, and as far as im concerned with there not being any sales lost, I am not harming anybody, and if im not harming anybody its ok.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote