The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default Lets talk about a QB on this Team for a change.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...lers-discovery

Quote:
Osweiler said. "Now I'm not going to say I've perfected that, because I haven't by any means. But it definitely has helped me out a lot of the time, as far as quickening up my reads, understanding where the ball needs to go, understanding the protections -- am I hot this time? Is there a sight adjustment? -- where last year, at times, everything was a million miles per hour. So things have definitely slowed down. Things make a little more sense, which in turn has just allowed me to play like I can."
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-16720195ab29

Quote:
Osweiler would have to be more than the quarterback and leader of the future; he'd have to be both in the present.

The offense would stay the same and wouldn't be simplified, Osweiler said. If it's up-tempo with Manning, it would be the same with Osweiler. It would be Osweiler's job to adjust to where the first-teamers stood, not vice versa.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Agamemnon

With all the hype the guy is getting I expect him to tear it up in preseason.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

The Twilight Zone?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

If this guy pans out, the 2012 QB draft class is going to reach epic hype.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...8-add5866f2741
Old 06-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If this guy pans out, the 2012 QB draft class is going to reach epic hype.
i honestly believe that if he truly is listening to Peyton and Elway and putting in the work, he will be the best of the class.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i honestly believe that if he truly is listening to Peyton and Elway and putting in the work, he will be the best of the class.
I read somewhere that he's improved his footwork and release point. I think the next thing his going to have to work on is his eyes. Being so tall everybody will be able to read his eyes.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #8
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
I read somewhere that he's improved his footwork and release point. I think the next thing his going to have to work on is his eyes. Being so tall everybody will be able to read his eyes.
I really don't think a couple inches of height make much difference to defensive backs 15 yards down the field
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #9
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Woah there... I seem him outperforming Tannehil and Wheeden.

Russel Wilson is a possibility.

But Luck and Griffin are going to be very good for very long. I'd be thrilled if Oz comes in 3rd.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
I really don't think a couple inches of height make much difference to defensive backs 15 yards down the field
Well, if you're a safety setting in the zone reading the QB, it makes the difference.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Woah there... I seem him outperforming Tannehil and Wheeden.

Russel Wilson is a possibility.

But Luck and Griffin are going to be very good for very long. I'd be thrilled if Oz comes in 3rd.
Luck is a good player who was one of the most NFL ready QBs in awhile, but while he is far more ready now, i don't think he has as high of a ceiling as Osweiler does. Add in, look at Osweiler's instructors. I like Griffin, but his greatest asset as a player is also his biggest weakness. His mobility and running are going to shorten and damage his career if he doesn't learn to avoid taking hits. Wilson is hard for me to peg. on the one hand he had a good year, but on the other was a large part of that due to teams focusing on Lynch who had a monster year and the D helping him with short fields a lot.

I believe Osweiler is a little raw, but has drool worthy measurables, strong arm, good accuracy, good athleticism, a great attitude, a desire to learn, and the best circumstances for learning of any QB in NFL history. In 5 years, i believe he will be the cream of the crop of the 2012 QB class.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Luck is a good player who was one of the most NFL ready QBs in awhile, but while he is far more ready now, i don't think he has as high of a ceiling as Osweiler does. Add in, look at Osweiler's instructors. I like Griffin, but his greatest asset as a player is also his biggest weakness. His mobility and running are going to shorten and damage his career if he doesn't learn to avoid taking hits. Wilson is hard for me to peg. on the one hand he had a good year, but on the other was a large part of that due to teams focusing on Lynch who had a monster year and the D helping him with short fields a lot.

I believe Osweiler is a little raw, but has drool worthy measurables, strong arm, good accuracy, good athleticism, a great attitude, a desire to learn, and the best circumstances for learning of any QB in NFL history. In 5 years, i believe he will be the cream of the crop of the 2012 QB class.
The same can be said for a certain other QB the Broncos drafted in the first round whose name escapes me at the moment.

Also... Luck has similar measurables, is quicker on his feet, and is one of the smartest players to enter the NFL in recent years. The thought that Oz will ever surpass Luck is laughable.

That said, under different circumstances, like retaining his junior year coach, Ozzy easily goes top 10, maybe top 5 in 2013... and I think he definitely is worth the effort to try and mold into a franchise player.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
The same can be said for a certain other QB the Broncos drafted in the first round whose name escapes me at the moment.

Also... Luck has similar measurables, is quicker on his feet, and is one of the smartest players to enter the NFL in recent years. The thought that Oz will ever surpass Luck is laughable.

That said, under different circumstances, like retaining his junior year coach, Ozzy easily goes top 10, maybe top 5 in 2013... and I think he definitely is worth the effort to try and mold into a franchise player.
just wait and see. Luck will be good, probably even elite, Os will be as good or better.

and if you are talking about Tebow as the QB that can fill the same description for what i said about Os, you're right aside from the strong arm and accuracy or the desire to learn. anyone can defend Tebow about never getting a fair shake at playing, but realistically he hasn't put forth the work to get better and improve his weaknesses as a player. he says he wants to be a QB only and that the NFL is his biggest dream, but he is doing nothing to show that.

Os is going to be the real deal.