The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #201
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I hope he makes that team. Nothing ****s up a locker room like the Tebow.
I know. We were seriously in contention for Andrew Luck when Timmy came along and dragged the Broncos kicking and screaming into the postseason. The locker room was decidedly f--ked up during that hostage situation.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #202
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer
 
rbackfactory80's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 4,542
Default

People would seriously die if he was to win a championship. Btw, Shanahan could have made him a winner.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #203
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I know. We were seriously in contention for Andrew Luck when Timmy came along and dragged the Broncos kicking and screaming into the postseason. The locker room was decidedly f--ked up during that hostage situation.
Yep. The same team who has said tebow would forget the play between the huddle and walking to the line of scrimmage.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #204
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I have a pretty astute eye for minute changes in Tebow's mechanics -- been observing since his freshman year of college.

When I look at these short clips of video (not much there), I see noticeable improvements in his drops. Tebow never used to "stab" that back foot on a drop. A good quarterback has a certain look about him when he gets to his back foot in a drop, almost a bobbing motion as he reverses his momentum and rights himself.

It looks a little more conventional. The footwork looks a little better.

http://www.boston.com/sports/video/?...ct_name=547471

In other words, championship.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #205
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I know. We were seriously in contention for Andrew Luck when Timmy came along and dragged the Broncos kicking and screaming into the postseason. The locker room was decidedly f--ked up during that hostage situation.
He is so good we dropped him for Manning that next off season. The only thing Tebow and Orton did that year was make a 10-6 team into a 8-8 team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #206
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

I'm glad that someone ( even the patsies) are giving him another chance to find a way to play in the NFL. Whether they use him as a wildcat goal line qb or a Fb or a TE.

The obsession type fans that come with TT are not his fault, but his stubbornness at wanting to play QB is HIS.

And sticking him behind Brady and letting him actually develop is probably only possible in a place like NE, where he is behind a real Franchise QB, and calls to replace the #1 will be laughed at. (justifiably).

Perhaps with a season or two of real coaching he might become a competent NFL QB, although not more than average at best.

But I think that he was brought in as insurance for Gronks injuries and will be asked to play TE if he actually wants to get on the field. And there may be some "special" plays being designed where he takes a lateral at FB to throw a flea flicker type pass or option run. He could possibly be effective at those types of things.

With no guaranteed money he will have to be effective at something or he will not make it out of camp. And Belli and NE know how to handle the media and will not let that define them.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #207
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Yep. The same team who has said tebow would forget the play between the huddle and walking to the line of scrimmage.
Forgot plays all the way to the playoffs after taking over from Orton's 1-4 start.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #208
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He is so good we dropped him for Manning that next off season. The only thing Tebow and Orton did that year was make a 10-6 team into a 8-8 team.
aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah Orton really helped out that year with his 1-4 start and Tebow really held us back going 7-4.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #209
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
He is so good we dropped him for Manning that next off season. The only thing Tebow and Orton did that year was make a 10-6 team into a 8-8 team.
Tebow destroyed the locker room all the way to the playoffs from a 1-4 start. And he was too dumb to remember plays. And couldn't throw. And openly judged your sinner lifestyle while being a closeted queer.

Last edited by Dr. Broncenstein; 06-11-2013 at 10:22 AM..
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #210
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Forgot plays all the way to the playoffs after taking over from Orton's 1-4 start.
Maybe that's why they went 0-3 down the stretch and losing to one of the worst QBs in the league? Saying he was a total disaster may be a reach, but saying he was the reason for the playoffs is hilarious. Did you not watch week 17 and how they got in? We're you having to watch the raiders game because it couldn't get done 3 Sundays before?

Ill take the word of the coaches and players over someone blinded by a boner.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-11-2013 at 10:25 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah Orton really helped out that year with his 1-4 start and Tebow really held us back going 7-4.
They both are garbage QBs that is why we finished 8-8.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #212
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Tebow destroyed the locker room all the way to the playoffs from a 1-4 start. And he was too dumb to remember plays. And couldn't throw. And openly judged your sinner lifestyle while being a closeted queer.
All of this is 100% true.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #213
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I'm glad that someone ( even the patsies) are giving him another chance to find a way to play in the NFL. Whether they use him as a wildcat goal line qb or a Fb or a TE.

The obsession type fans that come with TT are not his fault, but his stubbornness at wanting to play QB is HIS.

And sticking him behind Brady and letting him actually develop is probably only possible in a place like NE, where he is behind a real Franchise QB, and calls to replace the #1 will be laughed at. (justifiably).

Perhaps with a season or two of real coaching he might become a competent NFL QB, although not more than average at best.

But I think that he was brought in as insurance for Gronks injuries and will be asked to play TE if he actually wants to get on the field. And there may be some "special" plays being designed where he takes a lateral at FB to throw a flea flicker type pass or option run. He could possibly be effective at those types of things.

With no guaranteed money he will have to be effective at something or he will not make it out of camp. And Belli and NE know how to handle the media and will not let that define them.
I really think the media mints many of those fans. Any time the media hypes someone as unbeatable (see Heat, Miami) a good chunk of the population will just naturally start to root against them. And on the flip side, when the media spends all day talking about how the rookie's never gonna make it, a good chunk of people will cheer for the guy to prove them wrong.

I'm not saying that's all there is to it. But that's a big factor.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #214
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Maybe that's why they went 0-3 down the stretch and losing to one of the worst QBs in the league? Saying he was a total disaster may be a reach, but saying he was the reason for the playoffs is hilarious. Did you not watch week 17 and how they got in? We're you having to watch the raiders game because it couldn't get done 3 Sundays before?

Ill take the word of the coaches and players over someone blinded by a boner.
Divine intervention sometimes resembles a boisterous Christian rag armed closeted queer dumbass fullback who quarterbacks just enough wins to spoil your desires and crush your dreams.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #215
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Best third string QB ever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #216
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,995

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
People would seriously die if he was to win a championship. Btw, Shanahan could have made him a winner.
Shanahan would never have had the patience for Tebow.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #217
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Tebow is proof that God exists and is quite the troll.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #218
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Tebow is proof that God exists and is quite the troll.


some people really hate going to church
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #219
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Funny how the only one bringing up religion on this thread is a tebow supporter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #220
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Maybe that's why they went 0-3 down the stretch and losing to one of the worst QBs in the league?
Uh, I think Aaron Rodgers also lost to that same guy a couple weeks earlier. He also completed less than 50% of his passes in that game, which I'm told is irredeemably bad juju.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #221
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,801

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I actually don't agree with a lot of what Broncostein is saying in this thread, but he really is kicking everyone's ass all over the place.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #222
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Funny how the only one bringing up religion on this thread is a tebow supporter.
I'm Baptist and Tebows work with god is second to none. I bought his book and it is very inspiring. I don't know what any of that has to do with him as a football player. His suporters some how think him going to the Pats to play TE or be the third string QB is yet another win for them. I don't get why. I mean anytime the Pas take Brady off the field for Tebow that team gets worse. That is great news for the rest of the NFL. As a Broncos fan I'm excited for that.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-11-2013 at 11:15 AM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #223
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Uh, I think Aaron Rodgers also lost to that same guy a couple weeks earlier. He also completed less than 50% of his passes in that game, which I'm told is irredeemably bad juju.
I'd take 17/35 235 yards 1 TD 0 ints over 6/22 60 yards 0 TDs 1 ints anyday. Rogers stat line could've won the broncos game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #224
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

NFL history was made with this pick up though. Ryan Mallet became the first player in the NFL to be pissed he wasn't traded to Cleveland.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #225
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

I love Ryan Mallet. I can't decide who my favorite Patriot is now.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Denver Broncos