The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #176
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Fun stuff. Now the Hatas who just got done telling us Tim was finished are reading and quoting espin articles about the NE Patriots to tell us how turrible they are.
Might want to read that article again. Stretching it a bit saying it says the Pats are terrible. What it says is their run may be coming to an end. I don't see how being picked up by NE means Tebow's run isn't coming to an end. You have two of the biggest ego's in BB and McD. Trying to prove they can do it where others have failed? Should be interesting....and possibly give another reason to laugh at the Pats. That's always good.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #177
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Tebows arm strength was never my issue with him. But he's not all that accurate, didn't like throwing into tight coverage, panicked when his first read wasn't open, seemed lost against zone coverage, and he's just not that bright. I loved our season with him, but he never improved.
I don't think it's a case of not being bright. He has a learning issue. He cannot pick things up from a book...he learns by doing. Somehow he has to figure out how to best learn an NFL offense. And not a watered down college option offense.

I'm a fan, I've always been a fan. The kid is a winner. He's got pro size and a strong arm. He needs to slim down a bit in his upper body and learn how to read defenses. He can be a starting NFL QB. But, I don't ever see him being a top 10 type of QB. He's just got way too much to work on.

I understand he has that never quit mentality and wants to stick to QB....but, someone close to him....ought to tell him he's a football player first. Because this kid...could be a HOF TE, or slim down and be a John Lynch #2. HOF TE? He runs a 4.7, has the size, and huge, huge hands. Not too mention that he's great with the ball in his hands.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #178
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I don't think it's a case of not being bright. He has a learning issue. He cannot pick things up from a book...he learns by doing. Somehow he has to figure out how to best learn an NFL offense. And not a watered down college option offense.

I'm a fan, I've always been a fan. The kid is a winner. He's got pro size and a strong arm. He needs to slim down a bit in his upper body and learn how to read defenses. He can be a starting NFL QB. But, I don't ever see him being a top 10 type of QB. He's just got way too much to work on.

I understand he has that never quit mentality and wants to stick to QB....but, someone close to him....ought to tell him he's a football player first. Because this kid...could be a HOF TE, or slim down and be a John Lynch #2. HOF TE? He runs a 4.7, has the size, and huge, huge hands. Not too mention that he's great with the ball in his hands.
I think he's finally in a situation that is good for him -- Denver was good, until McD got fired midseason. Not ideal for a quarterback that needs to be brought along.

But I don't agree about the TE or other position. I've always thought it would be tough to be good enough to play another position. There are so many other players out there that are the perfect size and ability for those other positions.

What his gifts match up with is a Cam Newton style offense.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #179
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Do you honestly believe the guy can't throw? He deserves plenty of criticism in terms of accuracy, anticipation, and defense reading, but the guy has a pretty good arm and honestly one of the better deep balls I've ever seen.
People just like to pile on Tebow. He will probably never be a starting QB in t he NFL at this point unless he gets a MAJOR overhaul.... but there is no questioning his toughness, competitive fire and desire to succeed.

Its easy to forget the last time we actually won a playoff game was with Tebow as our signal caller. We spent 20M on a QB who no one questions is superior in all aspects of the game, but still doesn't have a W in the postseason arguably with a better team around him and a weeks rest because of homefield advantage.

The Bills board is laughing and piling on Tebow, but funny, those losers haven't sniffed the postseaosn since Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie debacle, and haven't had a winning record since Bledsoe was their QB....
Old 06-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #180
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Aww, are people being too mean to your sperm donor? Sad for you.

I'm actually in Boston right now and can pick you up some pats gear.
I'm interested if they have used Pats gear like your egg donor.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #181
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #182
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #183
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Maybe the Pats just want somebody to help out in the weight room with player conditioning and whatnot?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #184
DENVERDUI55

Let's not forget that a detriment to Tebow's learning is his actual ability to learn and retain info. He has been call "Not the sharpest tool in the shed" a few times.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #185
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Let's not forget that a detriment to Tebow's learning is his actual ability to learn and retain info. He has been call "Not the sharpest tool in the shed" a few times.
I loled.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #186
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Hey DUI55, how was babby formed?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #187
Drunken.Broncoholic

No guaranteed money. Wonder why that is?
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #188
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Coach Bill Belichick declined Tuesday to comment on what position Tim Tebow will play.
As expected, Belichick revealed no information and gave no insight into the Tebow signing. "What position? We're going to do what's best for the football team," Belichick said. He cut the press conference off on his own after getting fed up with too many Tebow questions. "Tim's a talented player that's smart and works hard. We'll see how it goes." ESPN is reporting that Tebow was signed to play quarterback. CBS' Mike Freeman says he'll be used elsewhere in addition to under center. There are 2014 playing time incentives in Tebow's non-guaranteed contract that are not limited to quarterback snaps.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #189
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

no guaranteed money? I gotta think the pats are gonna design some special plays around TT in the redzone and in goaline situations. Especially goaline situations.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #190
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

The guaranteed money is betting that the fatblog fanboys will still be pounding out their repressed butthert with every bit of Tebow news.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #191
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Coach Bill Belichick declined Tuesday to comment on what position Tim Tebow will play.
As expected, Belichick revealed no information and gave no insight into the Tebow signing. "What position? We're going to do what's best for the football team," Belichick said. He cut the press conference off on his own after getting fed up with too many Tebow questions. "Tim's a talented player that's smart and works hard. We'll see how it goes." ESPN is reporting that Tebow was signed to play quarterback. CBS' Mike Freeman says he'll be used elsewhere in addition to under center. There are 2014 playing time incentives in Tebow's non-guaranteed contract that are not limited to quarterback snaps.
That last sentence about incentives proves he's gonna at least try out to play some other position like TE. I thought we were told in here that ain't possible and its strictly for QB?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-11-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #192
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

If he makes it out of camp I'll be surprised.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #193
CEH
Ring of Famer

Tebow is an excellent 2 point conversion QB. Might come in handy somewhere down the road. Doubt he plays QB. When you can bring 90 players to camp ,

I'm sure BB wants to kick the tires on the kid
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #194
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
If he makes it out of camp I'll be surprised.
Just think of how depressed this place will be if that happens. It will be the mass RV selloff of the apocalypse.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #195
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Just think of how depressed this place will be if that happens. It will be the mass RV selloff of the apocalypse.
For some. I think the NFL is better with Tebow in it. I know people hate how he's over-covered, but someone is listening or they wouldn't cover what they do. Ratings drive what the press does. That's how they make money. So love him or hate him, people are interested.

I just think he sucks at playing QB. Maybe with McDaniels things will be better. I doubt it though.

Tebow needs a Shanahan type coach who can find the things he does well and use them often. Not a Belichick who wants you to do everything somewhat well so he can not re-sign you for compensatory draft picks in three years.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #196
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #197
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I hope he makes that team. Nothing ****s up a locker room like the Tebow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #198
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Tebow is an excellent 2 point conversion QB. Might come in handy somewhere down the road. Doubt he plays QB. When you can bring 90 players to camp ,

I'm sure BB wants to kick the tires on the kid
So you would pull Brady out to put TT in for 2 pt conversions?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #199
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I hope he makes that team. Nothing ****s up a locker room like the Tebow.
Yeah, Sanchez is totally pwning the locker room now that Timmy is gone.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #200
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
My favorite part was brady ripping off his own head.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote